Boxstation General Feedback

Mapping Ideas and Sprite Galleries
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Re: Boxstation General Feedback

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #159135

Bottom post of the previous page:

The BoxStation overview map at https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/ob0 ... ullbox.png is out of date. Can someone please run a new render (and maybe delete all the oil spills/dried blood/vomit that autospawns)?
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #177239

if we could make the AI satellite only have 1 layer of windows on the outside instead of two (or make the outer layer not reinforced) that would be nice
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #177512

If we could remove the tumor known as the AI satellite and balance the AI core in ways that isn't making it a mini-station that would be nice
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Sidon
Byond Username: Sidon

Post by Sidon » #177595

Remove the dumb dining setup in the bar. Add shutters to the bar's windows.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #177755

I would like to request megaphones added to the head offices who are missing them. Even the :honkman: clown :honkman: gets one! Another consideration is having a table + windoors setup like the HoP's office added to the other head offices so there is a proper way for heads to modify IDs without having to take the ID from the crewman, go into the office, and bring it back out.

I would also like to request having electrified grilles for all the head offices, instead of just HoP and CE. Have it include the HoS office, RD, and CMO. Thanks to Tesla grilles, you can even use this against them! :honk:
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #185552

Can we do SOMETHING to prevent meteor strikes on the prison common room? A line of grilles? Literally anything would be better than the prison common room becoming uninhabitable round after round after round after round.
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #260837

I'm currently going over Box and making minor improvement/changes, if you have anything you want to suggest be changed, removed or improved please state so. I'll link to my PR after the fact.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #260838

Also, is anyone interested in me actually finishing my robotics map rework I had to postpone two years ago?

Iatots
Byond Username: Iatots
Github Username: Iatots

Post by Iatots » #260839

Looks nice. The glass door might become annoying.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #260844

The glass for the southern door and windoor desk are all missing shutters. If you are reviving this, please remember to do that. Also, the surgery corner may not be visible from that one security camera in the room.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #260870

Gun Hog wrote:The glass for the southern door and windoor desk are all missing shutters. If you are reviving this, please remember to do that. Also, the surgery corner may not be visible from that one security camera in the room.
I think that's the point, to stop any potential issues with AIs when you're taking people's brains out [or maybe I'm just looking too much into it].
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #260901

Looks great! Since robotics now also handles implants, it'd be really nice if they also had a cautery now.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #260928

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
I think that's the point, to stop any potential issues with AIs when you're taking people's brains out [or maybe I'm just looking too much into it].
AIs, and even borgs present in the room do absolutely nothing while someone is being brained, unless they show signs of resistance. An AI will not know it is a hostile braining unless the victim is radioing for help.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #261055

Considering its been two years I don't know if the lack of cameras near surgery was intention or just overlooked.

Right now I'll consider it to be overlooked and add on in when I get around to making this again.
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #261183

PR up: https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/24502

Feel free to suggest further changes or alterations.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #263294

I like it, but I'd swap the Starboard Emergency Storage and that maintenance entrance next to the mechbay. Only because the maint door to the hallway and the mech maint door being right next to each other are offensive.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #263332

I must have missed the discussion but what's the point of the belts?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #263382

They hold up your pants
Quanti
Byond Username: Killaslot

Post by Quanti » #264511

Unless there's something I haven't realised, the bottom fabricator in robotics doesn't connect to the computer when updating the database.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #265034

I've checked and yeah the bottom fab is too far away from the console to link to it
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #265035

You only gave robotics two damn flashes at roundstart, there was a rogue borg about and I asked the robo for one to stop it and he said he spend them making the borg.

HEADLINE: STEELPOINT BRINGS BACK THE TYRANNY OF SECBORGS IN ONE PR, WHAT'S NEXT?
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Steelpoint
Github User

Post by Steelpoint » #265127

I must have screwed the fab up when i was asked to shuffle the layout a bit.

On the flashes, I'm pretty sure I added the same amount of materials to Robotics as it had prior, in fact I gave it a few extra pieces.
LSWraith
Byond Username: LSWraith

Post by LSWraith » #441236

Not to Necro this, but Det has less access than Lawyer on this map. Det's can't get into the Sec Office, and Lawyers can, and I'm sure it should be the other way around.
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #441306

LSWraith wrote:Not to Necro this, but Det has less access than Lawyer on this map. Det's can't get into the Sec Office, and Lawyers can, and I'm sure it should be the other way around.
Yeah, it really is a pain given that detectives are meant to coordinate with security. On lowpop rounds, the detective usually is expected to assist with arrests, which definitely requires the appropriate gear.
► Show Spoiler