Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by Doctor Pork » #254284

Bottom post of the previous page:

Raphaella wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:Minor gripe, but mining that doesn't bring back iron. I know its not worth hardly anything points wise but several departments can easily burn through all of the roundstart metal in no time. Going to the ORM and finding 5 metal is really heartbreaking.
This is true. The mentality I was first met with when I started playing (and mining) was 'No, stop gathering iron, we can just order it at cargo'. So, for a while, I never got any, because I was scolded for it.

Then I played Science and oh Jesus God did I run out of metal and glass and everything fast.
Literally how. Go steal it from Aux Base if you are so strapped for metal and glass.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #254381

Doctor Pork wrote:
Raphaella wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:Minor gripe, but mining that doesn't bring back iron. I know its not worth hardly anything points wise but several departments can easily burn through all of the roundstart metal in no time. Going to the ORM and finding 5 metal is really heartbreaking.
This is true. The mentality I was first met with when I started playing (and mining) was 'No, stop gathering iron, we can just order it at cargo'. So, for a while, I never got any, because I was scolded for it.

Then I played Science and oh Jesus God did I run out of metal and glass and everything fast.
Literally how. Go steal it from Aux Base if you are so strapped for metal and glass.
I built one borg, no mechs and
Spoiler:
literally 50 med/floor/scrub bots
and went through probably 150 to 250 metal and around 60 glass at least. Granted, I don't think I got any efficiency upgrades that round.
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #254396

D&B wrote:When nobody works on RnD so you take it and work on it and then you get blown up because "I was going to work on it later!" Even though the fucking acid was still untouched however stealing from departments breaks the NAP so you can't even ahelp if you do get blown up because your grief TM license doesn't cover job abandonment.
I can tell you that as an RD I don't give a shit if you're a fucking clown with a double esword and a dead HoS dragged behind you, if you offer to do R&D of your own free will I will accept with open arms and definitely upgrade your ID with access.

Because fuck doing R&D myself, but fuck doing anything science related without it getting done.
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #254413

Fatal wrote:Any non engineer/assistant/atmos who has insulated gloves, die in a fire please

ESPECIALLY heads, and even more so the HoP and Captain, when they get them at round start too (and I'm looking at you too cargo, black glove superiority)

You literally are ONLY wearing rubber gloves in the slight chance the AI shocks a door, because anyone competent who hacks a door doesn't need insulated gloves, and you certainly shouldn't be fucking with power wires
They're useful the first time you hack a door since you could get shocked there; plus it's handy for hacking other stuff like vending machines or APCs. I often have to replace APC batteries manually in science due to power failures, and i like not having to get stunned twice then have to take a trip to medbay because i pulsed the power wire; while vending machines have the quirk of staying electrified for about a minute if you pulse the wrong wire, which is a huge waste of time, that can be skipped with those handy gloves.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #254438

>Cap wearing insulateds when his gloves are already heat-resistant AND shock-proof
smh tbh fam
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #254449

The entirety of toxins and its function are my pet peeve
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #254451

D&B wrote:The entirety of toxins and its function are my pet peeve
the worst part are toxins "mains" who act like they can do literally no wrong
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Weepo
Byond Username: Weepo

Post by Weepo » #254480

Toxins isn't real science and provides absolutely no constructive benefit.
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #254511

I'd have to contest that.

I've seen toxin maxcaps used for their ultimate purpose - mining charges. Massive swathes of Lavaland turned into pockholed orefields filled with injured mobs, which anyone can frolick through to pick up so much ore, it's incredible.

Admittedly that doesn't happen often, but as far as I'm aware that's both the original and current intention of the department, and when it goes well, it's absolutely wonderful.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #254523

AnonymousNow wrote:I'd have to contest that.

I've seen toxin maxcaps used for their ultimate purpose - mining charges. Massive swathes of Lavaland turned into pockholed orefields filled with injured mobs, which anyone can frolick through to pick up so much ore, it's incredible.

Admittedly that doesn't happen often, but as far as I'm aware that's both the original and current intention of the department, and when it goes well, it's absolutely wonderful.
Yep, that's why the security page references the practice. It didn't see much use until lavaland for some reason, but the only time I've gone mining and a scientist didn't carpetbomb the mining area was when toxins and/or mining were antags.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #254607

On a related note, I've just seen a travesty.

A scientist made a maxcap for mining, got about halfway there, got killed by a bagtrap (mousetrap & C4 in a bag), and then taken to medbay. A cyborg removed their bag for some reason, found the bomb, told the CMO there was a bomb in the dead scientist's backpack, and dragged it away to security (which is fine, since it's a dangerous weapon whose creator is now out of commission).

The CMO took one look at his body, and wordlessly shoved him into the morgue, taking him out of the round forever. When questioned in deadchat about this course of action ten minutes later, he said "He had a bomb".

Inform your family. Inform your children and your parents. Inform your teachers, your postmen, your police officers, your members of parliament, your senators. Inform everyone from the great blue whales to the tiniest little ant - it's okay for scientists to make bombs for mining. It's allowed. It's what they're equipped to do by Nanotrasen. It's not an excuse to take someone out of the game, and anyone who doesn't, at the least, take people they strongly suspect to be traitors to be borged is either uninformed or being a shit.

While we're at it, let's narrow down the three most malignant cancers of SS13...

- Play2Win

Not as big of a problem as the other two, and it doesn't actually cover people who carry out their objectives etc. with ruthless efficiency. No, P2W is a different term - it covers those people who won't budge on the funny on interesting things, who will go directly to their target and will do so without a word.

- Murderboning

My god, if you're going to murderbone, you can at least have the decency to have some fucking awareness. Double E-swords was burnt out literally years ago, as was E-Bow-E-Sword and No-Slip Waterfest. It wouldn't be so bad if there was just a hint of creativity to it - gimmicks, people, gimmicks! - like setting up clever traps with lube, conveyer belts, obstacle courses, pneumatic tubes, bombs and riddles, acid grenades, MMI brain gathering, showdowns and duels... something! But no, time after time it has to be the boring old hackneyed killing-spree-with-a-stun-and-a-slice-and-a-dead. Has to be the most boring thing someone can do in a round, and it's done by mindless automatonic drones who daren't try to speak in case someone mistakes them for being people.

- Shuttlerushing

I see Gygaxes and Durands every couple of dozen rounds now, at most. I've seen a Phazon once in the last couple of months. So many jobs have so much to offer the station if you just give them a little tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiime - science's everything, medbay's everything, mining's everything, engineering's everything. If you hang around, you'll get that antagonist roll chance you want so much, mid-round! Stop to smell the fucking roses, instead of crying over a hangnail and calling the shuttle immediately. You can get cool shit distributed to you: adamantium golems, space-age guns and equipment, exciting boss encounters and items, the works.

I've never seen the big Legion be killed. Many have tried, and I know some have succeeded, but literally every attempt I've witnessed has ended because the round did.

If you want to be a better player, regard these simple rules...

- Are you going to take someone out of a round, as an antag (or non-antag, in certain situations)? That's fine. But is there a reason for this? Killing your target? Covering your tracks? Improving your odds of success or survival, or forcing them to become a minion of yours? If you answered "No" to all of these, then it's time to reconsider your behaviour. At the very least, if you can get away with it, put their brain somewhere near robotics.
- Any gimmick which involves bringing lots of people into the round - particularly as your allies, be they golems, androids, minebots, sentient mobs etc., whatever - is fun as balls for pretty much everyone involved. If your "gimmick" involves killing off a large number of people and disposing of their bodies, then you're a selfish bastard.
- Is it an emergency? Are there no interesting things happening? Is the station in danger? If you answered "no" to all three of these, don't call the shuttle. Get involved with the interesting things, bring more people into the round through the above methods, make mechs, follow GPS beacons, fight bosses and space pirates, save the universe. If there's lots of people dead and with no means to bring them back/create roles for ghosts, then by all means, THAT'S the time to call the shuttle. Or if the singularity/tesla is loose, again. Or if you reasonably think that the station could be nuked. If there's a deathsquad, fight it! And sometimes, the most fun rounds are where you have to battle through fire, adversity and a blighted station to reach safety and call the shuttle.

Is it so hard?
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
D&B

Post by D&B » #254616

I don't even have to read it to know you're crying about bagil not being 6+ max pop extended all rounds with some slight deviations

Or something that eventually devolved into that.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #254619

D&B wrote:~
Man, wrong on every point, even the server. I'm impressed.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #254626

D&B wrote:I don't even have to read it to know you're crying about bagil not being 6+ max pop extended all rounds with some slight deviations

That's not even close to what that post said.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #254722

> When cult is competent enough to kill the target and take over the station, but not competent enough to stand in a 3x3 square for a few seconds before the shuttle leaves
> Even despite Manifest Spirit rune being a thing

Bring back papercult.

calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #254766

Wait, mr.whitehaircmo, what if you have the escape alone obj? I think I did it pretty good since I made the round absolutely insane. Powet sink, bomb cloning, gib the cap, release the tesla, ect
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #254777

calzilla1 wrote:Wait, mr.whitehaircmo, what if you have the escape alone obj? I think I did it pretty good since I made the round absolutely insane. Powet sink, bomb cloning, gib the cap, release the tesla, ect
Instinct is to say "If you've got the objective, by all means", but practice says do something more exciting. What you're describing there sounds marginally more interesting than a vanilla murderbone, but why don't you go full Joker?

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #254822

D&B wrote:I don't even have to read it to know you're crying about bagil not being 6+ max pop extended all rounds with some slight deviations

pet peeve: this post
Limey wrote:its too late.
D&B

Post by D&B » #257866

One of my biggest fucking peeves is when people do something antagonistic and complain and ahelp when they get a taser shoved up their asshole.

"RUOH YO I ONLY EMMAGED 2 DORS Y U KILLIN ME FNR ADMINS PLS BAN HE"
Spoiler:
fuck you
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #259575

Wardens who leave the brig
Sec officers who don't lock lockers
HoPs in the armoury
Captains playing security officer

DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #259578

I generally leave the brig to fetch a tie and spare labeller tape.
Fite me.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #259586

DemonFiren wrote:I generally leave the brig to fetch a tie and spare labeller tape.
Fite me.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #259597

Fucking scrub rabbit, lizards in neckties are beautiful.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #259845

Ban requests is dead, but:

ban appeals/requests that have a ridiculous bias in the title, eg. referring to people as validhunters

I mean obviously everyone brings their own bias to everything, but when you start making me roll my eyes before I even open your thread... wew lad
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #262125

Qbopper wrote:Ban requests is dead, but:

ban appeals/requests that have a ridiculous bias in the title, eg. referring to people as validhunters

I mean obviously everyone brings their own bias to everything, but when you start making me roll my eyes before I even open your thread... wew lad
this also applies to adminhelps
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #262131

bandit wrote:
Qbopper wrote:Ban requests is dead, but:

this also applies to adminhelps
"HELP HELP SHITCURITY KILLING ME"
>Jump to player
>He's wandering the halls with minor bruising
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #262879

Anti security greytide and my own inability to man up and put it down.
To explain.
> le attack security at random.
> Le me HOS not ordering all criminals be lethalled on the spot to send a message.

Both annoy me.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #262908

Reece wrote:Anti security minor IC crime and my own inability to man up and put it down.
To explain.
> le attack security at random.
> Le me HOS not ordering all criminals be lethalled on the spot to send a message.

Both annoy me.
The station is covered in airlocks for a reason.
Plunderphonics
Byond Username: DeluxEdition

Post by Plunderphonics » #262941

People who break into medical storage instead of waiting for a doctor to sleeper/cryo them.

I wish I could jam a lexorin syringe up the asshole of anyone who does this.
I play Dirty Dan plus a bunch of random names on Sybil.
rumblystubble
Byond Username: Rumblystubble

Post by rumblystubble » #262992

Volume pumps on air to distro.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #262994

rumblystubble wrote:Volume pumps on air to distro.
i get that this drains the air from the storage tank but hear me out
i will do this when there is a major gas leak/breach and i'm an atmos tech so i can repressurize an area much faster
is that so wrong?
Spoiler:
rumblystubble
Byond Username: Rumblystubble

Post by rumblystubble » #263004

PKPenguin321 wrote:
rumblystubble wrote:Volume pumps on air to distro.
i get that this drains the air from the storage tank but hear me out
i will do this when there is a major gas leak/breach and i'm an atmos tech so i can repressurize an area much faster
is that so wrong?
Nothing wrong with switching it out if and when it's needed but storing the station's entire air supply in the pipes that spew it all into space at the slightest breach makes my willy shrivel.
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #263016

Plunderphonics wrote:People who break into medical storage instead of waiting for a doctor to sleeper/cryo them.

Damn fucking straight.

People, if there are doctors buzzing around medbay and you're doing this, then you're telling us that you want to waste everyone's time and resources, including yours, just to spite us. Four seconds in a sleeper will get rid of those burns much quicker and more efficiently than the ointment you're about to laboriously slather over yourself, if you're the kind that even understands to use ointment for burns rather than using an epinephrine injector/bruise pack/antitox tablet and getting angry at us (???) for it not working. We need those cases so we can snatch them up and run to crisis sites, which we do often.

Trust your doctors.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #263028

AnonymousNow wrote:
Plunderphonics wrote:People who break into medical storage instead of waiting for a doctor to sleeper/cryo them.

Damn fucking straight.

People, if there are doctors buzzing around medbay and you're doing this, then you're telling us that you want to waste everyone's time and resources, including yours, just to spite us. Four seconds in a sleeper will get rid of those burns much quicker and more efficiently than the ointment you're about to laboriously slather over yourself, if you're the kind that even understands to use ointment for burns rather than using an epinephrine injector/bruise pack/antitox tablet and getting angry at us (???) for it not working. We need those cases so we can snatch them up and run to crisis sites, which we do often.

Trust your doctors.
These people also tend to forget that its medbay staff who decide who does and doesn't get cloned. They're also the most salty when they don't get cloned.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #263081

You tend to forget that around a bit more than half the time your average assistant tries to get healed they get morphined or oded or put in a cryo set to manual or ignored
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #263094

cedarbridge wrote:
AnonymousNow wrote:

Damn fucking straight.

Trust your doctors.
These people also tend to forget that its medbay staff who decide who does and doesn't get cloned. They're also the most salty when they don't get cloned.
god I fucking hate this

it's usually because of what rock says and they got a dumbass doctor who pushed every button on the sleeper once but it annoys the shit out of me when they ignore competent doctors and try to steal (don't even FUCKING ASK REEEE) medical supplies
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #263133

Qbopper wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
AnonymousNow wrote:

Damn fucking straight.

Trust your doctors.
god I fucking hate this

it's usually because of what rock says and they got a dumbass doctor who pushed every button on the sleeper once but it annoys the shit out of me when they ignore competent doctors and try to steal (don't even FUCKING ASK REEEE) medical supplies
Basically the same way people have one experience with shitsec and from then on every interaction with security no matter how reasonable is a battle to the fucking death
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #263238

>Person limping into medbay with spread-out brute/burn damage
>They immediately begin pounding on the storage windows
>Naturally I put them into a sleeper
>Before they're injected (or sometimes after, so they're already being healed) they hop out of the sleeper and begin to limp back towards the storage window
>Tell them that I'm trying to heal them and they need only stand still for five seconds; put them back into the sleeper
>This time, when they jump out, they begin attacking me.

At this point I'm probably going to go into surgery and use the drill to put you into crit. From there you're getting straitjacketed and forcibly cryo'd.

Note that the people who do this NEVER speak.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #263241

why would you heal them at that point? just euthanize them with cyanide/chloral
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #263285

Screemonster wrote:Basically the same way people have one experience with shitsec and from then on every interaction with security no matter how reasonable is a battle to the fucking death
it hurts because it's true
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #263362

Setting up an admin event or an assistant gimmick and then having it bombed immediately.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #263363

bandit wrote:Setting up an admin event or an assistant gimmick and then having it bombed immediately.
Related peeve "Its admin spawned so its valid."
AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #263369

cedarbridge wrote:
bandit wrote:Setting up an admin event or an assistant gimmick and then having it bombed immediately.

Spoiler:

Xenomorphs a shit.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #263415

Syndicate comms agents who scouted out all the antags as a ghost and then just give them away over the radio. Holy fucking fuck off.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #263416

PKPenguin321 wrote:Syndicate comms agents who scouted out all the antags as a ghost and then just give them away over the radio. Holy fucking fuck off.
this is an instant ghostban
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #263468

In general people or antags who feel the need of bombing or ruining a gimmick just because. A plasmaman made a 100% plasma room in the space tiles between the gravgen and the teleporter, connected to the outside with disposal rides and suited with a cloner and various furniture. Some guy, not even an antag, felt the need to break in through a wall and set fire to the plasma, killing the plasmaman in the process. This is why people usually don't do cool projects.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #263555

AnonymousNow wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
quote tree meme but seriously holy shit

me and doctor pork did a stupid gimmick where we built up tension, it was spooky, etc. and then it was actually just a dumb danny phantom meme, he was the box ghost and we fought

some bartender just tried to murder me the ENTIRE FUCKING TIME
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #263556

Such a lust for valids
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #263567

Just ban them
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #263584

TheColdTurtle wrote:Just ban them
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #263696

Qbopper wrote:
AnonymousNow wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:
quote tree meme but seriously holy shit

me and doctor pork did a stupid gimmick where we built up tension, it was spooky, etc. and then it was actually just a dumb danny phantom meme, he was the box ghost and we fought

some bartender just tried to murder me the ENTIRE FUCKING TIME
i played along with the WHOLE JOKE

i acted like a ghost, and gave my traitor role antagonizing the ghost buster

and then you fucks didn't even mention or INCLUDE ME

fuck yall