Auto-knockdown, spacing, no warning arrival shuttle

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.

Keep the autist ride.

Yes
38%
No
34%
Kys RR
28%

Total votes: 29

RescueRanger
Byond Username: RescueRanger

Auto-knockdown, spacing, no warning arrival shuttle

Post by RescueRanger » #268393

The title says it all. Why did this shit even make it past testing, <10 seconds into a round i get spaced with no chance of body recovery?

Also admins reply to the complaint: "Admin PM from-IcePacks: stand back from the doors".

11/10 ign
Spoiler:
imblyings wrote:ADMIN: Ausops (FLW): why would we import furry bears from a different hemisphere only to eat them don't be silly
imblyings wrote:Australia has had a track record of uprisings being crushed under the jackboot of their prison island overlords tg will be no different
oranges wrote:<oranges> I know we all have small dick
[Security] Francis Gallyus says, "Hard light cuffs on the HoP, we might have mexican immigrants, boys."
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Re: Auto-knockdown, spacing, no warning arrival shuttle

Post by ShadowDimentio » #268394

Have you considered not standing where the shuttle arrives or refraining from trying to get off the shuttle when it still hasn't docked?
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
RescueRanger

Post by RescueRanger » #268395

I had just arrived on the shuttle, was fixing my pack and spaced instantly.
Spoiler:
imblyings wrote:ADMIN: Ausops (FLW): why would we import furry bears from a different hemisphere only to eat them don't be silly
imblyings wrote:Australia has had a track record of uprisings being crushed under the jackboot of their prison island overlords tg will be no different
[Security] Francis Gallyus says, "Hard light cuffs on the HoP, we might have mexican immigrants, boys."
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #268396

how did you get spaced
RescueRanger

Post by RescueRanger » #268397

oranges wrote:how did you get spaced
Opened the door was pulling out my mask, tank etc, knocked down and sucked out of door.

P.s: The issue is more no warning at all and auto knockdown which means out the door if it was open at all.
Spoiler:
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #268399

The arrivals shuttle really does need serious tweaking, I've seen it take off multiple times while people are on the airlock tiles trying to get off, and the only reason they didn't get spaced was because the entire shuttle was already depressurized (which is another issue too)
Last edited by Shaps-cloud on Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #268400

The shuttle is supposed to remain at the station while you're on it. Are you saying it jumped back to transit space?
RescueRanger

Post by RescueRanger » #268402

oranges wrote:The shuttle is supposed to remain at the station while you're on it. Are you saying it jumped back to transit space?
it sure did, and dumped me out midway.
Spoiler:
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #268403

I don't know if that was changed in the last few days but it was definitely doing that 3-4 days ago, and I didn't realize that wasn't intended behavior
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #268404

OOOHHH I see now, he was in the middle of getting off the shuttle when another guy joined, calling it back, knocking him over and spacing him.

Yeah that's fucking retarded and needs to be fixed.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #268405

cyberboss told me it fukken spawned you into the shuttle at arrivals if it was already there that cursed liar
RescueRanger

Post by RescueRanger » #268407

oranges wrote:cyberboss told me it fukken spawned you into the shuttle at arrivals if it was already there that cursed liar
nah it sends it back to transit space, cucking those on board, i was stripped a few days back as a guard due to the knockdown time.
Spoiler:
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer

Post by Shaps-cloud » #268409

Can confirm there was at least one situation where that wasn't the case, I came back to see 4-5 dead and dying bodies on the shuttle before someone ahelped one time
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #268412

maybe it's a

bug
RescueRanger

Post by RescueRanger » #268414

iamgoofball wrote:maybe it's a

bug
Which brings the question again, how was that not found during testing. Seems like something you would test for, does it not?
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #268415

what do you mean? you literally just found it in your testing, for which we thank you for participating in our live NT test program.
RescueRanger

Post by RescueRanger » #268416

oranges wrote:what do you mean? you literally just found it in your testing, for which we thank you for participating in our live NT test program.
yeah, yeah.
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #268417

I'm glad our maintainers have so rigorously tested new features before merging them.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #268419

I'm glad you aren't a bitter shell of a human being who only exists to comment on things in the forum.
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #268423

I also comment on things in game and IRL.

Still a bitter shell though, you've got that right, Mr Code Janitor.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #268427

Can I just add that arriving to station with oxyloss and brute damage due to low pressure is almost as bad as shadowshrooms
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #268430

Live testing works again!
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #268433

D&B wrote:Can I just add that arriving to station with oxyloss and brute damage due to low pressure is almost as bad as shadowshrooms
This is pretty annoying. Probably also a bandaid fix with tiny fans but i'm not a big fan of relying on those for everything.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #268434

Yeah I fixed it all k, all sorted
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #268458

People should really just leave the shuttle ASAP. Otherwise we have guys who'll stay on the shuttle indefinitely preventing new arrivals from joining. New arrivals forcing the shuttle despite the presence of others aboard allows for joining to go smoothly.

I'd suggest to simply set a minimum time for the shuttle to stay docked with Arrivals. 15 seconds perhaps - enough to leave, and if you stay in the Arrivals shuttle for more than that, that's on you.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #268461

Good guy oranges. Fixin issues and shit
RescueRanger

Post by RescueRanger » #268467

Sligneris wrote:People should really just leave the shuttle ASAP. Otherwise we have guys who'll stay on the shuttle indefinitely preventing new arrivals from joining. New arrivals forcing the shuttle despite the presence of others aboard allows for joining to go smoothly.

I'd suggest to simply set a minimum time for the shuttle to stay docked with Arrivals. 15 seconds perhaps - enough to leave, and if you stay in the Arrivals shuttle for more than that, that's on you.
New arrivals spawn like they used to when its docked. But when no one is on it, then it does the whole transport shit
Spoiler:
RescueRanger

Post by RescueRanger » #268469

oranges wrote:Yeah I fixed it all k, all sorted
Thanks bby this can be locked or whatever the forum admins do to threads.
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #268487

RescueRanger wrote:
Sligneris wrote:People should really just leave the shuttle ASAP. Otherwise we have guys who'll stay on the shuttle indefinitely preventing new arrivals from joining. New arrivals forcing the shuttle despite the presence of others aboard allows for joining to go smoothly.

New arrivals spawn like they used to when its docked. But when no one is on it, then it does the whole transport shit
I don't think this is right, I think the arrivals shuttle takes off with the person on it.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #268515

I imagine this is also confusing as fuck for new players given that for a while the No. 1 question people ever had was how to unbuckle
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
IcePacks
Byond Username: IcePacks

Post by IcePacks » #268517

There is an audio cue that the shuttle's about to take off. Don't try and beat it; you'll just be spaced. I've seen this happen to everyone from captains to assistants. Just treat the arrivals shuttle like a mining/gulag shuttle that you don't have control of and you should be fine, for the most part.

I'm not saying the shuttle is perfect (decompression is a huge issue; the shuttle needs to generate its own air), but as a whole, this is entirely avoidable.
Last edited by IcePacks on Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOC: Deitus: tfw RL porn doesnt sexually excite me anymore
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #268523

Spawning on an airless shuttle is super annnoying, and the airlocks are also always decompressed.

I think the mini fans are actually a good solution here.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
D&B

Post by D&B » #268529

Is there a need to make people wait 10 seconds more before getting intake for the sake of realism?

Real question here. I can't see how the shuttle departing and leaving and thus making people wait to spawn or almost spacing people is a net benefit.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #268532

CPTANT wrote:Spawning on an airless shuttle is super annnoying, and the airlocks are also always decompressed.

Yeah, having to heal off that 9 damage from walking through a zero pressure zero air airlock every time does some real nasty things to my 'tism.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #268551

CPTANT wrote:Spawning on an airless shuttle is super annnoying, and the airlocks are also always decompressed.

minifans actually make this worst

The reason the airlocks are even more decompressed on delta is because the minifans keep new air from coming in from the station as you get off.

Otherwise the shuttle would normally re-fill with air from the short time you leave the doors open while getting off.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
MollyKristoph
Byond Username: MollyKristoph

Post by MollyKristoph » #268649

I will have to agree with there being a problem with the arrivals shittle. Several times, I've nearly been spaced because someone wanted out just as bad as I do, before the sucker takes off again. If you want to say no to new players, this is definitely the route to go.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #268654

It does seem something is wrong with the shuttle, I've seen a few people die on it when they spawned in

Should be looked into sooner rather than later
Limey wrote:its too late.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #268699

Qbopper wrote:It does seem something is wrong with the shuttle, I've seen a few people die on it when they spawned in

That's almost exclusively the shuttle not getting back its air content (probably should be fixed by just giving the shuttle turfs that just sustain their own atmos without possibility of venting.)

The REALLY frustrating bugs are the bits where it breaks wizard cameras (where every wizard has to stop and cancel camera view just to see normally), abductor's teleporting victims onto the shuttle turns them invisible until rescued from null-space by admin intervention.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #268717

cedarbridge wrote:
Qbopper wrote:It does seem something is wrong with the shuttle, I've seen a few people die on it when they spawned in

That's almost exclusively the shuttle not getting back its air content (probably should be fixed by just giving the shuttle turfs that just sustain their own atmos without possibility of venting.)

The REALLY frustrating bugs are the bits where it breaks wizard cameras (where every wizard has to stop and cancel camera view just to see normally), abductor's teleporting victims onto the shuttle turns them invisible until rescued from null-space by admin intervention.
Don't unsimulated turfs just have air no matter what? I'm not entirely aware of the difference but maybe that could work
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #268720

We could have the shuttle fix itself every time it leaves. I don't know why the arrivals shuttle would be the same one every time anyways
D&B

Post by D&B » #268724

We could just

Hear me out

Revert the stupid travel
Spoiler:
fuck you
factoryman942
Byond Username: Factoryman942

Post by factoryman942 » #268731

D&B wrote: Revert the stupid travel
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #268740

I forgot to add this to my post

stop adding meme poll options that are irrelevant
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #268746

You start buckled, which might be confusing for actually new players but prevents the I JUST SPAWNED AND NOW IM STUNNED

Like shit you're gonna be standing there anyway while you fuck around with your ID in PDA and grabbing your internals box anyway. I think this is a nice alternative to spawning in to literally space because something blew up/ate the static arrivals shuttle.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #268747

D&B wrote:We could just

Hear me out

Revert the stupid travel
but my immershun
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #268752

Saegrimr wrote:You start buckled, which might be confusing for actually new players but prevents the I JUST SPAWNED AND NOW IM STUNNED

Like shit you're gonna be standing there anyway while you fuck around with your ID in PDA and grabbing your internals box anyway. I think this is a nice alternative to spawning in to literally space because something blew up/ate the static arrivals shuttle.
fuck, do you? is this going to get changed or not because that needs to be in the noob guide
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #268792

you do. it confused me the first time I joined with this change and I've played for like 4 years (fuck my life)
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #268935

Qbopper wrote:
Saegrimr wrote:You start buckled, which might be confusing for actually new players but prevents the I JUST SPAWNED AND NOW IM STUNNED

fuck, do you? is this going to get changed or not because that needs to be in the noob guide
It was fairly recent on the changelog.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #269111

Just put the oxygen generator somewhere on the shuttle and make it invisible ;-)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #269112

Ban coders for arrivals shuttle greif kills
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster