Monstrosity Gamemode

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: Monstrosity Gamemode

Post by Cobby » #266715

Bottom post of the previous page:

RNG is the cause of a lot of rounds ending abruptly already when antags play a bit nicer, I'm not sure what's to be gained by adding yet another "time to reroll!" forcing event in the face of many people saying they would like more interesting, indepth, longer rounds.

These just remind me of Slaughter Demons+.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #266730

XDTM wrote:On the other hand i wouldn't mind an antag you have to avoid/leave to professionals rather than run off to confront with a spear. Some people find meteor mode fun, after all.
Personally I like the idea of an antagonist that forces players to run and hide instead of charge in guns blazing or killing with a bar of soap or a banana peel to prove they're the most robust. Having to use shadows to sneak by, barricading departments, or jumping in a locker and praying they don't check it could be pretty intense. Problem is that all falls apart once it's time for the shuttle since everyone just becomes easy pickings as they herd onto the shuttle or jam themselves in escape pods.
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #266771

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:RNG is the cause of a lot of rounds ending abruptly already when antags play a bit nicer, I'm not sure what's to be gained by adding yet another "time to reroll!" forcing event in the face of many people saying they would like more interesting, indepth, longer rounds.

These just remind me of Slaughter Demons+.
Honestly if these end up anywhere near as strong as slaughter demons, they've ended up too powerful.
Like, slaughter demons have super huge mobility, full heals, and are really, really hard to get rid of without lethal shotguns or similarly powerful weapons.

These should be a lot easier to get rid of than slaughter demons, and the only point at which these should be stronger/more dangerous than slaughter demons is if they've consumed at least 16 people and 3 other monstrosities.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #270402

Make one of them Actual Cannibal Shia Laboeuf

He wins by planting/defending a white flag, dominator style.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #270409

Non-conversion loud group antag. Sounds good to me. How far do these have to go until we can see them in action?
ChangelingRain
Byond Username: ChangelingRain
Github Username: ChangelingRain

Post by ChangelingRain » #270522

Luke Cox wrote:Non-conversion loud group antag. Sounds good to me. How far do these have to go until we can see them in action?
Probably pretty far; I have the design set out, but I don't have any code or sprites done.
Plays Joan Lung and various AIs and cyborgs with mythology and magical creature-themed names. Joan on IRC.
earth-clawing illuminati trans girl
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #270525

ChangelingRain wrote:
Luke Cox wrote:Non-conversion loud group antag. Sounds good to me. How far do these have to go until we can see them in action?
Probably pretty far; I have the design set out, but I don't have any code or sprites done.
It's not going to make itself, get to it!
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #271446

So, Nuke Ops?
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #271682

Wyzack wrote:

So, Nuke Ops?
Like Ops, yes. We need more non-conversion group antags.
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #271818

Luke Cox wrote:
Wyzack wrote:

So, Nuke Ops?
Like Ops, yes. We need more non-conversion group antags.
These are not on a team and have incentives to kill each other. This is not ops.
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #272397

yeah people seem to have wrongly jumped on the idea its a team mode.
from the op:

"0% conversion, 0% cooperation, 100% murder beasts fighting the crew and each other"
私は完璧
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #272443

If anything it's closer to a loud double-agent than it is to ops or cult.