Administration General Feedback

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Administration General Feedback

Post by NikNakFlak » #167562

Bottom post of the previous page:

don't listen to lollerderby, someone killed his puppy or something and he's acting weird lately
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #167585

Just give loller a hug/pet and tell her it will be ok
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #169041

peoplearestrange told me not to say ayylmao as a zombie and i was like *flip
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #169047

I noticed that during ''european'' times there are often zero admins on, maybe hire some people who are active during those times?
tedward1337
Byond Username: Tedward1337

Post by tedward1337 » #169073

geilebeer wrote:I noticed that during ''european'' times there are often zero admins on, maybe hire some people who are active during those times?
Which server specifically?
Major T on Steam/IRC/Twitch/everything else.
Game Admin
PM anytime with questions about the server, policies or for fun!
Spoiler:
<hg|work> why do we unban people
OOC: Shaps: pizza status: fucking delivered
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #169077

he's most likely talking both servers, or mainly basil
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
Munchlax
Byond Username: Lobstercake

Post by Munchlax » #169080

tedward1337 wrote:
geilebeer wrote:I noticed that during ''european'' times there are often zero admins on, maybe hire some people who are active during those times?
Which server specifically?
both
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #170294

actually i like to think there's usually an admin or two in adminbus and ahelps always get sent to IRC so i think you don't have anything to worry about if you just keep trying ahelp during lowpop and you'll eventually get someone even if they come to fuck your shit up when you thought a nigga was duelkeyin` like it was your fault you were wrong or somethin :singulo:
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #176094

I want Okand for gameadmin.

He's helped/confronted me with several things, is online most of the time, always asks if I have the time for an ahelp issue, and I just think he's a swell dude. Really friendly, he comes off a little shy, but I like the dude.
Leonardogin
Byond Username: Leonardogin

Post by Leonardogin » #200932

For me they are doing great
A3STH3T1CS

Saegrimr

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #201437

Concerning Saegrim and the force revive incident for IcePacks and the credibility of PK.
Letting your personal feelings get in the way of administrating a game in which was rooted and replanted several times isn't alright.
This isn't Dragon Universe, it's Space Station 13's /tg/station.
Try next time to link the the general feedback thread and try not to let criticism get in the way of your powers or ask someone else to deal with it if it's that bad for you.
Sae wrote:
kor wrote:Stupid stories like "we created a frankenstein, it went nuts and attacked us before running off into the dark tunnels after we fended it off with our fists" are the lifeblood of this game.
muh chracter was only roleplaying as carazy experiment!!!
And shitposting towards Kor while trying to hold onto whatever nutts you have left in an already lifted ban can't be smart either when you want to call other idiots for putting their 2 cents in.
sae wrote:The ban was already lifted, everybody else is just pitching in because they're the usual idiots.
However I find it comforting knowing if I had an issue, it could be acted upon in later rounds after investigation.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #201440

A3STH3T1CS wrote:Letting your personal feelings get in the way of administrating a game in which was rooted and replanted several times isn't alright.
The fuck is Dragon Universe?
My personal feelings are "fuck greytiding garbage" so if that's wrong then enjoy what comes.
A3STH3T1CS wrote:However I find it comforting knowing if I had an issue, it could be acted upon in later rounds after investigation.
This has never not been a thing? Ban requests is gone but ahelps with no admins online still go to the IRC, and someone will get on eventually to check those out.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
J_Madison
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Akesson

Post by J_Madison » #201447

Personally, I support that ban Saeg. Pretty much most players would accept themselves being put into a different body if it meant getting to play again. The excuse given is paper thin and shouldn't hold.

There seems to be a rift between some admins and others on what breaks a rule and what's the punishment. Hell there's even a metagaming thread up with different admin responses when the simple answer is "no form of metagaming and meta communications is legal".
A3STH3T1CS

Re: Saegrimr

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #201485

Saegrimr wrote:The fuck is Dragon Universe?
Second most popular game on byond but is almost entirely populated by underage shitters.
J_Madison wrote:Personally, I support that ban Saeg. Pretty much most players would accept themselves being put into a different body if it meant getting to play again. The excuse given is paper thin and shouldn't hold.
I've gotten banned for OOC in IC before and I'm conflicted that a player thought it was fun to roleplay the idea of being a furious monkey monster that eventually turned human and kicked out only to be day banned for bruising someone. The whole thing stinks of mixed messages, but I'll take it with a grain of salt.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

[Any] Impatient admins

Post by calzilla1 » #270899

I'm not going to turn this into a rant and say this simple: wait. If I or anyone else is typing their admin complain and they get PM for taking too much time, it gives off the implication of the admin not giving a damn or already has a punishment in mind (a ban). I can understand if they don't reply in the first PM , if the answer is really simple (eg: Did you go into the captain's quarters?), or if it's going on WAY TO LONG (eg:If you PM in the first round he doesn't get to you in the next round) but if you simply asked for a summary (eg: What happened between you and the chaplain) and it's the end of the round, it's probably gonna take a little while to explain. Maybe some people are slow typers and take a while to type anything. Though, in the end, patience in a virtue; players are people too. (and if you say "It's revenge against people who PM spam us" that's just petty)
Jacough
Byond Username: Jacough

Post by Jacough » #270943

It'd be nice if admins can see if you're typing in a reply PM kind of like Steam chat. There's been times when an admin will ask me about something I did and I'll start typing out the events as they occurred but then half way through they'll ask if I'm even there. Then I gotta delete my response just to say "yeah, give me a sec". Kind of a minor issue but it'd be nice if there's some way a coder can implement what I just suggested just to simplify things.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #270964

Jacough wrote:It'd be nice if admins can see if you're typing in a reply PM kind of like Steam chat. There's been times when an admin will ask me about something I did and I'll start typing out the events as they occurred but then half way through they'll ask if I'm even there. Then I gotta delete my response just to say "yeah, give me a sec". Kind of a minor issue but it'd be nice if there's some way a coder can implement what I just suggested just to simplify things.
Pro tip, shoot admins a quick "let me type up a paragraph" or something before replying. We don't mind one extra ahelp and appreciate the extra communication.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #270967

It also helps if you don't preface your unannounced paragraph writing with a short meme response that indicates you aren't taking it seriously.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #271020

I've also never seen an admin be rude about it, it's usually "did you catch my PM?" or something like that

There's really nothing here to be concerned about unless you have a specific example of an admin being rude
Limey wrote:its too late.
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #271061

Qbopper wrote:I've also never seen an admin be rude about it, it's usually "did you catch my PM?" or something like that

There's really nothing here to be concerned about unless you have a specific example of an admin being rude
I don't wanna throw out names, but one admin PMed me twice over a five minute period while I was writing my reasonings and it kinda made me wanna snap at him
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #271080

Well if you're taking 5 minutes to achknowledge the first PM, 1. That's probably a retardedly long wall of text that's unnecessary, and 2. They probably thought you went AFK because no normal person takes 5 minutes to respond to an ahelp
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #271086

Shaps-cloud wrote:Well if you're taking 5 minutes to achknowledge the first PM, 1. That's probably a retardedly long wall of text that's unnecessary, and 2. They probably thought you went AFK because no normal person takes 5 minutes to respond to an ahelp
Well, I did respond when he first pmed me
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
A3STH3T1CS

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #273414

catzilla wrote:I don't wanna throw out names, but
BAHAHA, PUSSY.

By the way, pkp is king of basil now.
His soft personality with genius shows how a big man rules with an iron penguin.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #274603

InsaneHyena wrote:>Be changeling
>Disguise as Bryce Pax
>Plan to be an immortal greytider and blow up welder tanks
>My first victim is an engineer in HoP line
>Somehow I fuck up, and I get stunned, but he doesn't
>Prepare to turn on adrenals, when suddenly see sec arrive on the scene
>Actually, I've got a much better idea.
>Let him kill me, watch him get arrested for murder.
>I get dragged into cloning.
>Get cloned pretty fast - RnD must have upgraded genetics for a change.
>Am going to return to blowing up weldertanks now
>Suddenly, a ligger with a taser jumps out of nowhere and begins trying to shoot me
>Must be for my tiding
>I'll just sit my sentence out and...
>"LING"
>"I GOT LING, AI OPEN CHAPEL"
>What?!
>How did he...
>HOW DID HE KNOW
>I literally never used my changeling powers ONCE.
>HOW did he know?
>Swarmed my sec, fail my escape, get burned in crematorium
>Adminhelp
>Told that it's perfectly valid, because "You died and came back"
>Yeah, it's what happens when people get cloned.
>Don't get a response.
>In the following rounds get an antag a few more times
>This exact same lizard foils me each time by being in the exact right place each time.

Really made me think.
I wasn't online for this, so I don't know who handled it, I don't know if this poster is telling an accurate story or what, and I don't know if there was some other contextual information that isn't represented here, however:

Based purely on the contents of this post

This is awful and was mishandled and whoever handled it needs to re-evaluate what they did
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #274619

where is that even from
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #274620

NikNakFlak wrote:where is that even from
Overreactions, salt, and retards thread

bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #274650

calzilla1 wrote:
could you be more specific
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #274665

bandit wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:
could you be more specific
He's quoting this post:
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 06#p273906

Part of the important context is that the real Pax was in sec custody for 90% of the round so having a second Pax running around doing things really makes you think. The "you died and came back" is a very simplified version of the events (as typical for that thread.) To my rememberance, both Paxes had died at around the same time and when the officer saw IH's Pax come back it was fast enough to arouse suspicion that he had revived through unnatural means.

Claiming "I never used my ling powers once" and when the second line of the story is them literally turning into a known static name character as a ling disguise is really confusing.
danno wrote:I wasn't online for this, so I don't know who handled it, I don't know if this poster is telling an accurate story or what, and I don't know if there was some other contextual information that isn't represented here, however:

Based purely on the contents of this post

This is awful and was mishandled and whoever handled it needs to re-evaluate what they did
I don't know what you're even asking for here other than "think about this salty post" since you didn't actually provide actionable feedback here. What makes it awful? What was mishandled? What needs to be re-evaluated about what was done? You open by admitting that you don't even have a way of verifying that the rant is accurate or even complete. Its a thread designed to play up how upset somebody is for something that occurred. Shoot, going entirely off the post and accepting everything it says as 100% true the only thing we can properly assume is that the mystery lizard with a taser (somehow gained access to the server antag list/is a literal psychic) and knew he was a changeling without any other information OR that because he chose to disguise himself as a living player died and returned quickly, the sec officer was within reasonable doubt to presume ling things were going down.
Last edited by cedarbridge on Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #274667

there are ALWAYS two sides to any tale of woe
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
danno

Post by danno » #274668

ok I figured there was a reasonable explanation just wanted to make sure ^ . ^
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #274685

man danno got fucking destroyed.
jesus cedar
danno

Post by danno » #274687

cedarbridge wrote: I don't know what you're even asking for here other than "think about this salty post" since you didn't actually provide actionable feedback here. What makes it awful? What was mishandled? What needs to be re-evaluated about what was done? You open by admitting that you don't even have a way of verifying that the rant is accurate or even complete. Its a thread designed to play up how upset somebody is for something that occurred. Shoot, going entirely off the post and accepting everything it says as 100% true the only thing we can properly assume is that the mystery lizard with a taser (somehow gained access to the server antag list/is a literal psychic) and knew he was a changeling without any other information OR that because he chose to disguise himself as a living player died and returned quickly, the sec officer was within reasonable doubt to presume ling things were going down.
I thought it was worth asking because not only is "killed as antag purely by coincidence" annoying in my opinion making the story personally relate able, offering a reasonable explanation (just getting cloned) and then getting absolutely no response is also very annoying
I don't think it was one of those situations where an admin doesn't respond because they can't give any more info or anything, I felt like the antag would at least be owed some kind of reply because they felt slighted (even though it was valid)

Like I said, going purely off the post it seemed shitty to me to not respond so it's not like it hurt to check
and I still think whoever it was should have at least replied why it happened, that's "actionable feedback" right there.
danno

Post by danno » #274689

that feel when you have a reasonable discussion with a friendly admin but there's a goblin following you around who has a grudge against you and lives just to slight you in any possible way

shoo shoo, stinky goblin.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #274692

danno wrote: Like I said, going purely off the post it seemed shitty to me to not respond so it's not like it hurt to check
and I still think whoever it was should have at least replied why it happened, that's "actionable feedback" right there.
Yeah, this is reasonable. I'm guilty of not closing off loose ends as much if not more than others and I can relate to how frustrating it is not to get a satisfying cap-off to a complaint.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #274696

I wasn't aware I was on your side of the forum
Sweaterkittens
Byond Username: SweaterKittens

Post by Sweaterkittens » #274720

This is Administration General Feedback, not Administrator Deathmatch, come on guys. It's not the place for petty stuff like this, especially between administrators.
ImageImage
Spoiler:
danno

Post by danno » #274721

agree'd
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #274736

man i love qbopper he is a good admin and the admins on the team should be like him

edit: wrong account

non shitpost, glad to see it wasn't an issue
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #275016

man i love qbopper he is a good admin and the admins on the team should be like him
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #282437

Silencing OOC in general and letting people not talk just because you want to spread your "wisdom" is shit, makes you look like shit, and is one of the most arrogant and narcissistic things I've ever had the displeasure of having seen in this server.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #282438

D&B wrote:Silencing OOC in general and letting people not talk just because you want to spread your "wisdom" is shit, makes you look like shit, and is one of the most arrogant and narcissistic things I've ever had the displeasure of having seen in this server.
This belongs in IcePacks' feedback thread especially. Especially when some of his "wisdom" is shit.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #282496

Sybil is a lawless wasteland
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #282508

Lazengann wrote:Sybil is a lawless wasteland
can you elaborate a little
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #282577

During most of the day(eastern standard time, at least on weekdays) this is what you see on Sybil, screenshot taken RIGHT NOW

Cedar is frequently the only admin on but even he sleeps and wants to actually play the game sometimes

Related to this issue, multiple admins have admitted that there's a large number of terrible players where banning them would be too much of a headache so at these times they have free reign and cowboy justice is all we have left.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #282592

If a player is being a problem when there is no admin online, just pm a headmin with your concerns/sort of a ban request to get it solved. If a player is indeed being a problem he will get dealt with.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #282596

I do that and tell others to but it's no replacement for having an active admin. It's inconvenient and time consuming, has no effect on the current round or the player's current behavior, the players involved can't be questioned like they can in game, and you have no way of knowing what action, if any, was taken so you get no closure.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #282597

The no active admin around this time is perpetually a problem. Even admins that start on this time just end up at prime time with 10 others at the same time.
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #282598

>they don't wake up early to enjoy sybil lowpop while drinking their morning coffee
No taste nowadays
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #282654

You just gotta play sybil at the *right* times

like late nite
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #282667

I'm often able to be up 8-11 EST but due to schoolwork getting in the way recently I haven't been able to log on as often as I'd like
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #283870

Saegrimr wrote:Ah yes the old "I got called out for being a shit with all my ckeys, he's the worst admin ever" routine.
If you have a specific problem come at me bro, but don't even bother trying to pull the grudge card.
i formally challenge you to a roasting contest

make the thread, you pepsilolifag
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.