Atmos Modifications

Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Atmos Modifications

Post by Ikarrus » #8972

Bottom post of the previous page:

There's been some disagreement within adminbus on exactly where the line should be drawn for "Atmos Metagaming". The main point of contention specifically is whether or not replacing pumps with manual valves should be bannable.

A lot of admins have been forbidding the use of manual valves in atmos, mostly because it's perceived to screw over the AI, but I have to disagree on this point. Manual pumps are hardly permanent, and are easily replaced. Most AIs have or will have engineering borgs that can replace these pumps and make the gas flow again. The AI honestly has enough going for it without having an admin-protected ability to gas the station at any time.

Atmos techs have barely anything else to do, especially if we're going to restrict what they can or can not do to their own departments. It may be an upsetting thing to happen but I don't believe it's something we should be getting the admins involved with. I'd just like us to give atmos techs a little more leeway with what they do in their own department.

I am hoping that we can come to a consensus with an official policy from a head admin.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Malkevin

Re: Atmos Modifications

Post by Malkevin » #25481

Ikarrus wrote:It was suggested here, so lets see how this goes.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/4550
Didn't I already try to get that change pulled?
ShizCalev
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ShizCalev
Github Username: ShizCalev

Post by ShizCalev » #274899

Years later;

I've seen a recent rise again in people doing this at roundstart to (verbatim) "Make it so the station doesn't get flooded with anything in case of antagonists"

Is this still considered no bueno meta?
ImageImage
>Be ling
>Spread misinformation about how SM works to sabotage it
OOC: ChemicalRascal: Lying about game mechanics in relation to an engine that is poorly understood by most isn't cool, though
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #274908

ShizCalev wrote:
Is this still considered no bueno meta?
Yup. Ahelp it if you see it and there's no reason for it to be that way.

EDIT: This thread can be closed.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #275000

Wow, this thread is old as dirt. So many old admins and opinions on the matter before the current status was decided. Needless to say, the rules still say this is not allowed under Rule 2 Precedents. (Honestly, it's not much fun to just totally prevent it as it is to make it possible but more challenging). Anyway, I'm going to lock this. If a headmin feels somehow this does need to be discussed I suppose they can reopen, though I'd advise making a new thread as being this thread is nearly three years old it is somewhat out of connection.
Freedom