Nanotrasen Inc Needs You! (EVE online)

Talk about video games here
Comrade Leo
Byond Username: ComradeLeo

Re: Nanotrasen Inc Needs You! (EVE online)

Post by Comrade Leo » #27414

Bottom post of the previous page:

An0n3 wrote:I'd love to lead us into the fires of PVP but at the moment there's a large contingent of people in the corp who are brand new and don't have pipelines to fund their PVP FUNZ.
Making sure they are trained right for pvp is also a good thing early on. New people are usually aimless when they start off training and rush for new ships they can't pilot in any meaningful way.
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #27447

Also, if it's worth anything, I have some contacts in low-sec and null-sec PVP groups. The null-sec guys are all assholes who just want to recruit more cannon fodder into their corps, but I know a couple low-sec guys who maybe would be interested in forming alliances or at least being blue with once we're not terrible.

EDIT: I also know a lot of indy players and corps. There's always the possibility we could do some protection work in exchange for ships to replace what we will inevitably lose.

Or we could also just be pirates and suicide gank freighters in Niarja or something.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #27473

If we're going down the PVP route I would advise all new players to follow the Goonswarm Jihad training guide
http://www.eveinfo.net/wiki/index~16.htm
crack is whack but smacks got your back
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #27474

Another good strategy is to choose a upper-tier ship you know you want to eventually pilot and then make a goal of getting to at least Mastery 3 with it.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #27554

It's typically a better idea to get better with the hulls you have before you race to bigger and "better" hulls.

Anyway, on the Diplo front:

I'll just ask straight-up. Who wants to join Love Squad and the Pasta Syndicate?

I've been given the choice of folding us directly into Love Squad or adding our corp to the alliance. Each one has some particular benefits:

Disbanding and joining Love Squad directly:
Access to their corp hangers and corp bookmarks.
Dat hivemind. Dat Womyn Pride.

Staying as Nanotrasen Inc and joining Pasta Syndicate:
Glorious leader An0n3 remains comdom. Remain point of contact for new players looking to join us specifically.
Keep our current hangars and setup.
Remain a splinter group within Pasta, on the off chance everything goes to hell we'll still be our own group.

At the moment I'm impartial. Love Squad is pretty great. It would streamline everything for everyone to just be in their corp and mingling with them, fleeting with them. On the flipside it would make it a little more difficult for more people to join us down the line as they'll have to talk to space strangers about getting into a corp that isn't run by any of us.

So here's what I'm going to do for now:

I'm going to apply for NTSNI to join Pasta Syndicate while we keep talking about it. When we come to a decision we'll be able to just jump ship over to Love Squad, or stay where we are.

EDIT: GOD DAMMIT YOU GUYS

We can't join the Alliance at the moment because our corp's rep with Caldari faction is still piss poor. We need a collectively 0.0+ average rating. Go do this shit:

http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/Gaining_f ... dings_fast

Or else I'm going to look at you and consider just throwing you the fuck out of corp for screwing up our standings. This is why we can't have nice things.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #27560

Since my EVE account(s) isn't even active I probably shouldn't have any say, but melding into Love Squad is not something that appeals to me. Gotta keep that Nanotrasen pride.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #27565

>Not being master race caldari to begin with

top kek
though joining pasta we will be at war against gallente (which own the majority of FW space) and Amarr which is annoying because i've been doing my station trading in Amarr. Aw well.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #27566

Why Amarr? I thought Caldari and Amarr were allies.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #27568

Oh yeah they are, my bad, misread the screen and I thought it was 1v1v1v1 not 2v2.

Coolio my money laundering machine legitimate business is safe.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #27570

>be Gallente
>end up joining an Amarr friendly corp
>need to get my standings up
>so much guilt as I return slaves to their owners
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #27588

I know that feel.

When I was brand new to the game I spent some time in Gallente space learning the ropes, and then I moved to Amarr space to ninja salvage and play some market games. When I started hanging out with other players cooperatively they roped me into some Amarr mission running and the whole time I was like...the fuck is this you got me doing here?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #27589

I only played indy for years on EVE (mining/hauling while doing homework was a great but not too much of a distraction) then about 6 months ago I was in a pirate ship attacking a lone miner extorting him for ISK...after I had made away with the loot I had a definite "What have I become?" moment.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #27598

I think the most ISK/hour I've ever made was as a battlefield scrounger, taking a small fast frig and giving it some warp stabs, improving its cargo hold, and fitting an MWD and buffer tank to it and just running around the galaxy stealing from everyone else's wrecks.

You sift through the wreckage of one gate camp or gank and you can scoop up a decent pile of other people's goods. Plan a circuit around a constellation that hits all the most violent systems and you can make a tidy sum of ISK without actually doing anything.

I don't know WHY but people seemed to have forgotten that one of the tenets of a good suicide gank fit is that it's cheap. You aren't supposed to fit tech II / meta-5 modules on a piece of shit destroyer you plan on having the cops smash on you. But hey man whatever keep doing it, I like finding clusters of 14mil wrecks just floating around random asteroid belts.

Alternatively just fit a frig to go as fast as fucking possible with agility increases and hang out around jita 4-4 stealing other people's wrecks and then high-tailing it out of there. Lots of money to be made doing that as well. When I'm bored and keeping an eye on my station trading I I'll orbit 4-4 undock at 1k going like 4k/s just waiting for someone to get ganked or randomly concorded.

Some day we gotta hang out in a battlecruiser blap squad and shit on all those dumbasses trying to suspect bait.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #27625

If i'm online, noobs can join me in missioning, we'll get that rating up fast.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #27655

An0n3 wrote: I don't know WHY but people seemed to have forgotten that one of the tenets of a good suicide gank fit is that it's cheap. You aren't supposed to fit tech II / meta-5 modules on a piece of shit destroyer you plan on having the cops smash on you.
It depends on what you're ganking.
If you're ganking a freighter carrying something like an original titan blueprint for some godawful reason going in literally any subcap with any equipment is still going to make you lods of emone.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #27658

ColonicAcid wrote:
An0n3 wrote: I don't know WHY but people seemed to have forgotten that one of the tenets of a good suicide gank fit is that it's cheap. You aren't supposed to fit tech II / meta-5 modules on a piece of shit destroyer you plan on having the cops smash on you.
It depends on what you're ganking.
If you're ganking a freighter carrying something like an original titan blueprint for some godawful reason going in literally any subcap with any equipment is still going to make you lods of emone.
If you're transporting a original titan blueprint in a freighter you deserve to have it stolen.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #27660

Queue the "for some godawful reason"
Actually the original titan blueprint is a bad example because you would need contacts to sell it since >selling it in jita.
Kangaraptor
Byond Username: Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #27677

against a target of any value (ie: anything actually WORTH ganking) a bunch of T2 blaster ships loading Void will melt them and you'll make a profit because it's cheap as shit.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #27719

Spending TEN TIMES the amount on the ship + fits for a resulting 15% to 20% increase in DPS when you plan on just suiciding the whole thing against the side of someone else's ship is a stupid proposition.

You could invest a mere five times the amount on buying another five hulls and fits, giving them to your friends/alts, and seeing an increase of 500% DPS.

Alternatively if you're still going to go it alone you could invest in a slightly larger hull with slightly more expensive fits (eg. moving up from a gankfit destroyer to a gankfit cruiser) and get more bang for your buck. Why spend more money trying to wring a little more DPS out of a catlyst when you could just move up to a thorax, get a larger DPS jump and end up with a cheaper overall fit?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #27830

Yeah I don't get why anyone would suicide gank by themselves either, you need someone to stick around and get the cargo!
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #27833

QuartzCrystal wrote:Yeah I don't get why anyone would suicide gank by themselves either, you need someone to stick around and get the cargo!
This is another reason I've wanted to get us into an alliance. We can be space assholes with less fear of reprisal. Wardecs are going to look a lot less attractive vengeance-wise when we're in an alliance with 100's of players.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #27856

An0n3 wrote:We can be space assholes with less fear of reprisal.
Greytide Galaxywide.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #27857

If we alternate between running combat sites for sec status and suicide gank fleet attacks in Litiura we could earn a decent amount of ISK and tears without becoming valid kills for the whole galaxy.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #27862

An0n3 wrote:Spending TEN TIMES the amount on the ship + fits for a resulting 15% to 20% increase in DPS when you plan on just suiciding the whole thing against the side of someone else's ship is a stupid proposition.

You could invest a mere five times the amount on buying another five hulls and fits, giving them to your friends/alts, and seeing an increase of 500% DPS.

Alternatively if you're still going to go it alone you could invest in a slightly larger hull with slightly more expensive fits (eg. moving up from a gankfit destroyer to a gankfit cruiser) and get more bang for your buck. Why spend more money trying to wring a little more DPS out of a catlyst when you could just move up to a thorax, get a larger DPS jump and end up with a cheaper overall fit?
in a gank ship, alpha is more important than DPS because you'll probably only get a handful of salvos off before CONCORDOKKEN.

cruisers are kinda bad for ganking, too, you'd be better off jumping from destroyer straight to tier 3 battlecruisers (because dem juicy battleshit guns).

edit: also, catalyst with t2 guns (and maybe magstabs, but nothing else) will still work out to be cheaper than a Thorax with T2 guns. The hull of a thorax alone costs more than a conservatively fit gankalyst. Assuming you're buying hulls from The Citadel (if you were in, say, Sinq Laison it'd be much cheaper).

Now, if you were going after like... Superfreighters, then you'd want a bunch of artillery fit Tornados or blaster fit Taloses, but that's a different can of worms.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #27930

My point was that you can squeeze more DPS out of a Thorax with T1 guns for less than you can a Catalyst with T2's.

ANYWAY

Harrigan, Feriox, and yours truly decided to go stir up some shit in a wormhole tonight. Unfortunately we never quite caught anything, but it was a fun brush with nearly killing a few other players. It got to the point where Harrigan and I were camping the wormhole exit back to high-sec while a Navy Omen was complaining in WH local that we were being mean to him.

Unfortunately without sufficient numbers to properly chase him down, there was nothing we could do while he hopped on the batphone with his alliance asking for someone to come back him up. Assuming blackup would eventually arrive to dissolve the stale-mate (and our ships) while he parked his butt in a safe spot, we exercised discretion and left.

If we want to go bombing into random wormholes and stomping on the elusive hole-bear while vacuuming up sleeper goop we can do it easily with our current corp composition, we just need better fleet doctrine. To that end, we need some pointers. Here's the dealio:

I've been play advanced scout for ages, I'm getting tingly just thinking about doing it again. I've got a ship fitted perfectly for this kind of endeavor + running data/relic sites. I'll cover finding wormholes, as well as finding players and signatures once we're in.

Harrigan is married to his sleeper-fitted Gila. He can pull double duty clearing sites and putting DPS on the unfortunate hole-bears we uncover in our jaunts. Having him in that fit is less than optimal for the potential PVP, but it let's a fleet bop around cleaning up sites and getting dat drone goop. He can carry the team.

What we need, then, are a smattering of frigs and cruisers with points and webifiers on them to follow along with Harrigan cleaning up sites...all the while crossing their fingers that I can track down a juicy hole-bear for whom we can change his wormhole experience into a cornhole experience.

Basically the step-by-step will be:

1) Frey (that's me!) locates a random wormhole entrance, checks to make sure it's healthy, and pops in for a sec to make sure it's not completely saturated with the kinds of folks we wont stand a snowball's chance in hell against. Meanwhile Nanotrasen Nuke Ops blob is traversing random space alongside Head of Security Mr. Raen cleaning up combat sites for random faction/dedspace loot.

2) The call goes out that I've found something good. Fleet reassembles in WH space. I'll make nice corp bookmarks for the exit wormhole and a safe spot. I'll scan down the signatures while the fleet makes its way to the wormhole so we know whether there's more paydirt like data/relics or just more dumb wormhole chains we don't want to jump down.

3) While the fleet smashes through sleeper sites and cleans them up for substantial profit, I'll go into overdrive trying to locate some friendly players to get unfriendly with. Worst case scenario will be I don't find shit, everyone leaves with pockets full of drone goop. We'll work out some sort of sharing split. As a fleet commander I get to see what everyone loots so don't start thinking you can pull a fast one.

4) Best case scenario (and it happens pretty frequently) we'll find some fool in a T3 cruiser plodding along in a site or some other joker hanging out off-grid for whatever reason. Commence operation: GET DAT FUKKEN DISK.

5) This is the part we need more people for because our current setup is spread too thin. We need more people fitting frigs, cruisers, or BC's with destabs and webifiers. You like to run EWAR? You want to Neut the tears right out of someone? This is where we need YOU.

We need a trifecta of DPS, of nailing someone's feet to the floor via points/webs/neuts, and combat scanning. I've got the combat scanning down easy, but more folks who can do either of the other two are necessary if we want to start mining ISK out of other people's faces

Are you with us?

(ALSO REMEMBER WE STILL NEED MORE CALDARI REP BEFORE WE CAN GET INTO PASTA. IF YOU ARENT AT LEAST 0.0 WITH CALDARI GO GRIND COSMOS SITES AND TURN IN THOSE FUCKING TAGS)

ONE MORE HONKING THING

So far Feriox is our biggest contender for Honk of the Month and potential recipient of September's Honk Badge. He flipped two cans of some cryhard miners, one of which tried to interrogate me in a private chat about the nature of Nanotrasen (to which I gave him the marketing shpiel about our cutting edge plasma research and he rudely left the conversation) and the other got in an Orca which we probably could've pinned down and popped if we had thought two more steps ahead. Also he called Feriox an "Hijo Puta" in local which isn't even good Spanish.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #27947

I'll run EWAR, i'm almost rated for a Kitsune, couple of days to go.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #27952

An0n3 wrote:So far Feriox is our biggest contender for Honk of the Month and potential recipient of September's Honk Badge. He flipped two cans of some cryhard miners, one of which tried to interrogate me in a private chat about the nature of Nanotrasen (to which I gave him the marketing shpiel about our cutting edge plasma research and he rudely left the conversation) and the other got in an Orca which we probably could've pinned down and popped if we had thought two more steps ahead. Also he called Feriox an "Hijo Puta" in local which isn't even good Spanish.
My sides.

Anyways, my freelance work has all but dried up but on Thursday I have a meeting that may lead to a permanent position somewhere, which means dosh, and dosh means EVE Online. I'll boot up my account with the combat pilot first and I'll wait to boot up my indy pilot until we maybe one day have figured a permanent location to settle (or I could just use him to make a steady stream of low/no-risk ISK for the corp as a glorious Shaft Miner).
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #27954

If it doesn't work out hit me up on steam and I'll sort you out with a time card.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #27960

Comrade Leo wrote:I'll run EWAR, i'm almost rated for a Kitsune, couple of days to go.
Battleclinic approves of this fit, and I do to. That still leaves us in need of more people to tackle things...but if you know how to fit and fly that ship right we wont have to worry about people shooting back.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #27963

An0n3 wrote:
Comrade Leo wrote:I'll run EWAR, i'm almost rated for a Kitsune, couple of days to go.
Battleclinic approves of this fit, and I do to. That still leaves us in need of more people to tackle things...but if you know how to fit and fly that ship right we wont have to worry about people shooting back.
I like it, depending on the prices meta 4s might be a better and cheaper option than the T2s.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #27974

It depends on the fit. Some meta 4's cost more than the T2 many times over. Sometimes nobody gives a shit to figure out what is what so the meta's are just a huge mess.

Make sure you know how to work the rainbow and how to fly that thing before you bring it on a WH roam. Have you used ewar/ecm before? Having you around in that will be a force multiplier if you know what you're doing, and another guy who could've just been tackling if you don't.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #27982

I can set up a disruptor Condor that sticks and disrupts while doing 100dps.
Or a web I don't really mind.

(i can also later on run a Heavy Assault Missile Launcher/Heavy Missile Launcher caracal if we need to deal sum real damage.)
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #27990

E-war ain't my bag of tricks. Mostly a DPS guy.
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #27996

An0n3 wrote:
Make sure you know how to work the rainbow and how to fly that thing before you bring it on a WH roam. Have you used ewar/ecm before? Having you around in that will be a force multiplier if you know what you're doing, and another guy who could've just been tackling if you don't.
I'll need some practice to get back into the swing of things, but I primaried EWAR in a similar griffin fit (which i still have) with fleets in nullsec. To be honest though never used a rainbow fit, usually intelligence was good enough that we could confidently specialise the ECM to what we were facing.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #28004

It's actually pretty simple, you just need to be quick and accurate on your ship identification.

1) Lock the enemy
2) Taste the rainbow

I'm brewing up dat nanite paste pretty regularly these days. If you need some so you can overheat whichever skittles you want to make them choke down let me know and I'll trade you some.

My actual experience with ECM is pretty limited. I've fired bursts at people to run away and used drones. As a primarily Gallente pilot I'd rather use a Keres for EWAR (also because I think sensor dampening > ECM, but I must be wrong because nobody else seems to share that POV).
ColonicAcid wrote:I can set up a disruptor Condor that sticks and disrupts while doing 100dps.
Or a web I don't really mind.

(i can also later on run a Heavy Assault Missile Launcher/Heavy Missile Launcher caracal if we need to deal sum real damage.)
QuartzCrystal wrote:E-war ain't my bag of tricks. Mostly a DPS guy.
We need tacklers. If they can dump out DPS as well that's great, but we need a tackler or two. One stand-off fighter with a disrupter and web + one knife-fighter with a scram and prop mod would be ideal. Aint nobody leaving, aint no afterburners or MWD's going to help you get away from this shit-kicking. Our average opponent is probably going to be cruiser-sized, with some frigates and the random BC. I rarely ever see BS'es randomly wandering around WH space. Typically if I were scouting out a WH and caught multiple BS'es on scope I would back out and go find us another place to screw around with.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #28012

I've only ever seen sensor damping used for SB gangs and BS engagements. I guess keeping them jammed rather than dampened means they can't engage the tacklers either, unlike dampening which will still give them range to lock on tacklers.
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #28020

An0n3 wrote:stuff you said
I could do some skill training for e-war stuff, but the previous corp I was in basically had everything settled and just wanted someone to boost the DPS for both PVE and PVP. I'M JUST SAYING YOU GUYS, don't expect me to be that useful at e-war.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #28047

We don't need more ewar though, so don't worry about it.

It's an accessory. It's helpful bling. We don't even need a single one, and honestly it would probably be better for the fleet composition at this point to just skip it. We've got eyes/ears. We've got some DPS. We need tacklers, and then more DPS. In that order. If we're going down a checklist of "fleet trimmin's" I would sooner add a Logi to the fleet before an EAS. Unless that EAS is a Hyena.

...but if people want to fly an EAS then I'll figure out a way to use it. I just wish I had more interceptor pilots X'ing up.

Oh another important thing to think about while everyone is new and learning and getting skills...

UPDATE YOUR CLONES

On the off chance you get pod'ed you'll respawn in your clone wherever the hell that is, you lose all the implants you have slotted (nothing ever drops from a pod) and you can potentially lose a SP off your most expensive skill if your clone isn't a high enough grade. If your clone is rated for 14,000,000 SP and you have like 16,000,000 and die, you lose 5% of that difference deducted off your highest leveled, highest ranked skill up to a maximum of 50% of the points in that skill.

So in the above example a person could potentially lose up to 100,000sp off a level 5 skill. Which you can already imagine fucking sucks.

It's rarely a concern because clones are comparatively cheap for the amount of ISK you should be making with that level of SP. To put it into perspective I rock a Mu grade clone which only costs just under 1million ISK, which I can make in like 3 minutes of mining. BUT it is something you should be aware of, because YES you could potentially have someone not only blowing up all your shit but also making you permanently lose skills (though you can just train them back up, it takes time, sometimes LOTS of time).

Really the major concern when getting podded is your implants, which are almost always going to cost many times over what your clone itself cost...but it's a minor detail that can be really fucking annoying to have happen and I don't think I've ever mentioned it to the newfriends.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #28511

If I turn off wrecks will I turn off Minmatar ships as well?
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #28512

ColonicAcid wrote:If I turn off wrecks will I turn off Minmatar ships as well?
Top kek
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #28523

If anyone wants to do some low sec shenanigans tonight I've got a condor (instead of the target painter I've got a web) all set up. Some extra DPS would go down nicely.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #28579

It has a bit more than that

Its main problem is that at higher levels of play it's all about optimising your stats/spreadsheets to be the best against your opponents. Also, spending 8+ hours waiting in a fleet of 500+ to warp in once and then lag your ass off. The good thing is that you probably won't have to deal with that sort of thing unless you go for it.
It's worth a try at least. If you don't like it, then you don't need to spend money on it, but it is pretty amusing to play a bit
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #28588

Even in low-sec PVP a lot of time is spent flying around not actually finding anything to pew or do.

But when you do find that sweet sweet pew...oh it feels so good. Sweet sweet pew.
Kangaraptor

Post by Kangaraptor » #28755

QuartzCrystal wrote:Even in low-sec PVP a lot of time is spent flying around not actually finding anything to pew or do.

But when you do find that sweet sweet pew...oh it feels so good. Sweet sweet pew.
the thrill of the hunt, tovarisch.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #29121

Violaceus wrote:I heard this game is nothing more than interactive screensaver. Is it true or should I try it?

The game is as exciting as you make it. If managing market orders and being a happy space merchant sounds boring, don't do it. Just dump your loot onto the market and spend the ISK you get on more guns and ammo. If mining and processing ore sounds boring don't do it, just explode the guys who do for loot and tears.

Small fleet ops, roams, and gate camps are really fucking intense.

Even just forming a small gang of like 2-3 ships and wandering around belts flipping cans and harassing miners gets pretty nuts.

EVE isn't an MMO you can play alone. If you come into EVE without knowing anybody and aren't the kind of player who is able to reach out to others to join up with different groups...you're fucked. Don't play EVE. Go back to your shitty games where their idea of cooperation is making content with a sign next to it that says you MUST have at least X people to play it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #29122

How is the corp atm? How many people online at average?
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #29123

Usually there is only me on during the superior mustard british timezone. The other guys are usually on about 6 hours after me.
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #29124

An0n3 wrote: EVE isn't an MMO you can play alone. If you come into EVE without knowing anybody and aren't the kind of player who is able to reach out to others to join up with different groups...you're fucked. Don't play EVE. Go back to your shitty games where their idea of cooperation is making content with a sign next to it that says you MUST have at least X people to play it.
I've played a lot of solo EVE, mainly because I was in a corp with only one or two other combat pilots. Everyone else was mining and industry first. Not that that stopped me
200 jump trips through hostile nullsec in just a rifter fitted for speed and damage. (Back when they were actually fast)
I've blown up haulers full of loot as local filled with unknown faces
Stolen original blueprints from wrecks, and delivered them all the way back home
I've punched through a miner's shields while warp jamming him just as 3 BS rats showed up(Okay, maybe the rats did most of the work there. I'm still taking credit)
And I've had two hostiles bid on my services to harrass eachother, both going just a little higher than the other every time

I've sold T2 loot locally, to people in the same corp as I looted it off
I've dodged fleets with an interdictor and several cruisers with them right on my ass right up until they chased me into what was, to them, hostile space. Then I sat at a distance watching as the locals tore their expensive ships apart.

EVE can be played solo, if you try. But I will admit there is a whole lot of doing nothing in between these times where it is interesting. There can be a lot of slow and boring doing nothing. I really recommend just getting a buddy to join you. Or two. Or three.
Comrade Leo

Post by Comrade Leo » #29133

XSI wrote:
An0n3 wrote: EVE isn't an MMO you can play alone. If you come into EVE without knowing anybody and aren't the kind of player who is able to reach out to others to join up with different groups...you're fucked. Don't play EVE. Go back to your shitty games where their idea of cooperation is making content with a sign next to it that says you MUST have at least X people to play it.
I've played a lot of solo EVE, mainly because I was in a corp with only one or two other combat pilots. Everyone else was mining and industry first. Not that that stopped me
200 jump trips through hostile nullsec in just a rifter fitted for speed and damage. (Back when they were actually fast)
I've blown up haulers full of loot as local filled with unknown faces
Stolen original blueprints from wrecks, and delivered them all the way back home
I've punched through a miner's shields while warp jamming him just as 3 BS rats showed up(Okay, maybe the rats did most of the work there. I'm still taking credit)
And I've had two hostiles bid on my services to harrass eachother, both going just a little higher than the other every time

I've sold T2 loot locally, to people in the same corp as I looted it off
I've dodged fleets with an interdictor and several cruisers with them right on my ass right up until they chased me into what was, to them, hostile space. Then I sat at a distance watching as the locals tore their expensive ships apart.
All those memories lost like tears in the rain.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #29150

leibniz wrote:How is the corp atm? How many people online at average?
I think school has claimed a decent slice of our numbers.

We have 10-11 pilots that have all been active within at least the last month. Unfortunately it seems like if you login it any random time there will only be at best 2-3 people in corp chat.

Things are heating up for us though:

1) I've acquired and fitted babby's first Orca. My skills are still kinda shit for it but I'm working on it. Right now you can expect something like 10% more yield with 10% faster cycle times if we're mining regular rocks, which equals a 21% increase in profit per hour if my math isn't totally fucked.

2) I finally managed to get an application in to the Pasta Syndicate, who is currently at war with Marimite, some other collection of donk-asses, and one corp that is just like two guys in it. So we may be suspending mining ops and shit for a minute while Marimite realizes they didn't wardec some random high-sec carebear alliance but a bunch of space assholes.

Marmite:
https://zkillboard.com/alliance/1680888152/

Pasta:
https://zkillboard.com/alliance/99003550/
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #29177

Oh god plz no. No war against Marmite.

EDIT: Forgot to include I know those guys are crazy assholes.