MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by MMMiracles » #267429

Bottom post of the previous page:

XDTM wrote:Ash storm noises are TOO LOUD
If it doesn't sound like the storm is about to come through your speakers/headphones and destroy your ears then you wouldn't be properly immersed.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #267434

DemonFiren wrote:https://gitgud.io
There's no "gitting gud" involved. It's literally just "immediately stop everything you're doing and waste your time stuck in a single spot", the event.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #267449

unless you git gud
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #267452

Use the time to do xenobio real quick and get a fireproof potion
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #267454

the storm noises should be MUCH quieter when you're inside a building and go for the duration of the storm.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #267455

I thought the point was to slow mining down from giving science minerals
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #267456

Anonmare wrote:I thought the point was to slow mining down from giving science minerals
the point is actually just to be annoying, unironically
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #267465

Just wear Drake armor
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #267468

Drake armor doesn't make it quieter.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #267676

it's commonly accepted among smart people that the shittier the station looks, the shittier the crew becomes

mushrooms in the halls is a sign that the station is a free for all and the shuttle will be called in an amount of time that directly correlates to the number of mushrooms
Limey wrote:its too late.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #267807

Qbopper wrote:it's commonly accepted among smart people that the shittier the station looks, the shittier the crew becomes

mushrooms in the halls is a sign that the station is a free for all and the shuttle will be called in an amount of time that directly correlates to the number of mushrooms
Have you ever latejoined as janitor to an ABSOLUTE FUCKING MESS and cleaned the everloving shit out of it?

Not only does it satisfy my autism but you'll notice that the "bad mess -> bad crew" relationship is more true than you'd think, and that it can even be reversed.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #267815

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Qbopper wrote:it's commonly accepted among smart people that the shittier the station looks, the shittier the crew becomes

Have you ever latejoined as janitor to an ABSOLUTE FUCKING MESS and cleaned the everloving shit out of it?

Not only does it satisfy my autism but you'll notice that the "bad mess -> bad crew" relationship is more true than you'd think, and that it can even be reversed.
This just confirms that the janitor borg is the superior morale borg.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #267823

cedarbridge wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

This just confirms that the janitor borg is the superior morale borg.
borgs taking our JOBS
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #267825

one time I was dicking around on my test server and I varedited a mecha flashbang launcher to fire cleaning grenades on a ridiculously short cooldown

it was everything I wanted it to be, janimech when
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #267918

PKPenguin321 wrote:

latejoin janitor that saves the round is truly the greatest role there is
Limey wrote:its too late.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #267921

Qbopper wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

its why they get a little crown in their locker
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #268939

Doctor Pork wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:

its why they get a little crown in their locker
Now I want to be able to wear galoshes on my head like Vermin Supreme.

On topic: Virologists that wordlessly spritz you.
I mean, thanks for the healing virus I guess, but Jesus, I didn't need the paranoia of "are my insides are melting"
ImageImageImage
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #268988

MimicFaux wrote: On topic: Virologists that wordlessly spritz you.
I mean, thanks for the healing virus I guess, but Jesus, I didn't need the paranoia of "are my insides are melting"
This, and as someone who goes for viro as my job every round, the shithead viros who I ask as CMO if they need help or if they're making a good virus say they made an amazing healing virus and its got like shivering, itching, DNA restore, VEA, toxin filter, and ocular restore. Or the people who literally just put sneezing and regeneration and call it a good virus.
TRIGGERS ME BYOND BELIEF.
Oh and don't even get me started when a CMO or other doctor tries to tell ME how to do virology...

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #269098

Alipheese wrote:
MimicFaux wrote: On topic: Virologists that wordlessly spritz you.
This, and as someone who goes for viro as my job every round, the shithead viros who I ask as CMO if they need help or if they're making a good virus say they made an amazing healing virus and its got like shivering, itching, DNA restore, VEA, toxin filter, and ocular restore. Or the people who literally just put sneezing and regeneration and call it a good virus.
TRIGGERS ME BYOND BELIEF.
Oh and don't even get me started when a CMO or other doctor tries to tell ME how to do virology...
FLESH MEND ITCH HEADACHE BURNMEND

DONE.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #269232

THEY DONT SCALE WITH STATS ANYMORE FFS SMH DONT PUT THAT SHIT IN

to add to the pet peeve thread i'm peeved nobody remembers anymore that i was the virology guy
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #269272

XDTM wrote:THEY DONT SCALE WITH STATS ANYMORE FFS SMH DONT PUT THAT SHIT IN

to add to the pet peeve thread i'm peeved nobody remembers anymore that i was the virology guy
1. Fuck that sucks
2. You're the rnd guy now
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #269281

Armhulen wrote:

1. Fuck that sucks
2. You're the rnd guy now
I had always assumed you were one of those coders that don't actually play.

On this note is R&D scientists that take the entire stack of 45 uranium/gold/silver from the ORM and won't share.

Also people stealing the boards from the teleporter for the sake of R&D.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #269423

It's not the boards, it's the telecrystals that allow minute one telescience.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #269455

I havent looked at the code but the stats for viruses certainly scale. When I tested for the first few times to actually test, weight even increased blood recovery rate by .01 per cycle. Made a slow stage peed virus (healing based on for others to know) and it healed .005 which is slower than natural per cycle.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #269508

I am certain it's been said before but I'm posting from a beach in Hawaii and can't be assed to double check.

Scientists/roboticists that not only burn through all the round-start acid without getting a dispenser set up, but then complain about a lack of acid.
ImageImageImage
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #269522

When the roboticist summons me for a "cell upgrade", emags me, and doesn't give me a cell upgrade.
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #269576

Alipheese wrote:

I havent looked at the code but the stats for viruses certainly scale. When I tested for the first few times to actually test, weight even increased blood recovery rate by .01 per cycle. Made a slow stage peed virus (healing based on for others to know) and it healed .005 which is slower than natural per cycle.
I wrote the code, and healing symptoms do not scale. Nor does weight even (which does not increase blood recovery rate at all, just nutrition). Some symptoms still do, mostly harmful ones, and the positive ones which do scale usually are not worth wasting a slot for.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Alipheese

Post by Alipheese » #269580

XDTM wrote:
Alipheese wrote:

I wrote the code, and healing symptoms do not scale. Nor does weight even (which does not increase blood recovery rate at all, just nutrition). Some symptoms still do, mostly harmful ones, and the positive ones which do scale usually are not worth wasting a slot for.
The nutrition increases recovery of blood thus why I say it increases it. Well then I must have observed some extremely long cases of bugs over the past few months sorry.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Onule
Byond Username: Onule

Post by Onule » #274142

SHIT
AUX BASE
LANDING SPOTS

I love it when some idiot overrides my landing spot, placed north east with plenty of good minerals and no lava, and sets one near a tendril, also near the mining outpost. Good job!

Also shuttle calls that go "our job is done lets go home"
Fuck off
It's an EMERGENCY SHUTTLE
PLAY THE ACTUAL GAME
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #274147

Valids secured let's go home.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #274269

People who run around in gas masks for no reason. You might as well print a big sign on your head that says "I rolled antag, dunk me."
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #274285

maybe its cuz they have a fucking gas mask and no easy way to store it and just want to take the simplest option? this aint lifeweb where it thirds your vision cone, if you want the sign you get a balloon.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #274294

cedarbridge wrote:People who run around in gas masks for no reason. You might as well print a big sign on your head that says "I rolled antag, dunk me."
One time I put on a gas mask and used a chameleon ID and a mirror to disguise myself as Zoey Webb and performed a couple of murders. It was faaaaaaaaaaantastic.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #274297

confused rock wrote:maybe its cuz they have a fucking gas mask and no easy way to store it and just want to take the simplest option? this aint lifeweb where it thirds your vision cone, if you want the sign you get a balloon.
Literally no reason to have a gas mask when your breath mask does the same thing. You know, apart from the obvious reason people grab them, to hide your face with your ID off.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #274491

Gas masks reduce the effectiveness of smoke on you and I think they're also capable of filtering out non-O2 gases as well

I know when I first started playing someone told me that gas masks make your O2 tanks last longer and the reduce tank pressure to 16kPA trick before that became standardised in code.

Plus I'm pretty sure gas masks give you a slight increase in melee resistance
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #275738

Anonmare wrote:Gas masks reduce the effectiveness of smoke on you
True!
Anonmare wrote:I think they're also capable of filtering out non-O2 gases as well
False!
Anonmare wrote:I know when I first started playing someone told me that gas masks make your O2 tanks last longer and the reduce tank pressure to 16kPA trick before that became standardised in code.
False!
Anonmare wrote:Plus I'm pretty sure gas masks give you a slight increase in melee resistance
False!

1/4's not bad!
私は完璧
XDTM
Github User

Post by XDTM » #275963

RnD welding gas masks do have a little armor, though, which may explain where he heard that.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #276037

Did someone remove gas masks giving you a second or two of plasma filtration (pathetic and useless as it was)?
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #276155

There of been a number of times when a second or two of filtration would've saved my life. When the brig gets suddenly flooded with knockout gas. Or you're in near-crit and you catch a whiff of plasma.
ImageImageImage
Plunderphonics
Byond Username: DeluxEdition

Post by Plunderphonics » #277307

Laws/Lawsets that exist solely to allow silicons to valid people, usually something like "the captain can designate someone as non human blahblahblahblah"

Disgusting!
I play Dirty Dan plus a bunch of random names on Sybil.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #277380

Non-scilicons who try to use asimov as a reason to be shit.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #277385

Silicons who ignore asimov because they'd rather follow space law or claim that letting someone into EVA could be harmful
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #277389

Lazengann wrote:Silicons who ignore asimov because they'd rather follow space law or claim that letting someone into EVA could be harmful
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #281418

People who through intention or negligence get reconverted to an tag status.

>late join chemist
>random engineer runs in and dunks a scientist
>give chase but drags still don't have slowdown so he's as fast as we are while dragsawing the dude
>finally we corner him in maint and he decides to jump to space
>start taking his victim to Medway
>haha just kidding he's a fuggin zombie now
>make a prod and cuffs because fuck zombies
>spotted the guy just making it out of maint
>get him to surgery and remove the tumor and get my own removed from an attack on the way to medbay
>he waddles out with a "fuck you guys " to me and the other two med lizards who just cured him
>find him not 3 minutes later reinfected
>take his head off and throw it out an airlock
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #281573

Klara elstrom. Like emily ranger but not endearing enough to be likable while remaining unrelenting.

Just had a ops round where after the entire team fluked, klara took the ops gear and spammed syndiesoap all through the halls as everyone was chasing her, and then started actively firing disabler shots resisting arrest slipping everyone by throwing soap and looting them. That and the borgs went batshit and also started slipping everyone willy nilly with soap regardless of the round, i had to actually tap a borg on the shoulder (metaphorically) to suggest they slip the ops instead of the crew.

- I just really fucking hate constantly testing meme characters, no i dont need a skillcheck i want you dead and in cloning or on NO2 to stop your RP ADHD and severe mental health problems to constantly be a arse & make security's life hell whenever you are non-antag. Picking a hole at low IC crime in that if they keep constantly harrassing you with harmless pranks you can't effectively punish them IC without metagrudging (dragging freon canisters around the halls during a ops round is very shitty and not a harmless prank) they just seek to constantly humiliate and belittle you for some kind of power complex. Fuck i've just been trying to ease into security officer role after a absence and its wall to wall with this shit.

- Low ic constantly criminal characters are literally feigning insanity.

Spoiler:
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #281632

Klara is great, if you're going to whine about Sybil greytide whine about the mime players.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #281647

Lazengann wrote:Klara is great
Fake news
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #281653

cedarbridge wrote:
Lazengann wrote:Klara is great
Fake news
One of us, one of us!
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #281704

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Lazengann wrote:Klara is great, if you're going to whine about Sybil minor IC crime whine about the mime players.
- I just really fucking hate constantly testing meme characters.
I've slept over it and got negative feelings out of my system, but really i mean low IC constantly griefing characters across the board.

Spoiler:
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #281717

Cecilia's much worse when it comes to greytide tbh
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #281734

They're all shit. Gulag them,shoot their families. Gib their pets. Das rovia!