[No Longer Admin] Stickymayhem

MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

[No Longer Admin] Stickymayhem

Post by MrStonedOne » #15669

Please post any positive or negative feedback for the administrator here.
This is not the place to discuss ban appeals, admin complaints, or ban requests.
This is for specific feedback for this administrator.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Re: Stickymayhem

Post by miggles » #15674

i thought he stopped admincandidating?
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #15689

he didn't
Hibbles
Byond Username: HotelBravoLima

Post by Hibbles » #16077

Bretty good from all I've seen, he's candidated a lot and got trialmin and stuff and he's generally trying. Being nice to people for the most part, doing fun things, on a lot, enthusiastic.
RIP
looping
Byond Username: Looping

Post by looping » #18933

Thought he was shit after I read the complaint against him, my experiences with him on the server have been quite the opposite though, sticky's a cool guy.
Runs fun events, works to keep the playerbase entertained and is quite friendly from everything i've seen.
appeal me now ok think about it admin u could have a friend a friend who comes down to ur house and listens to ur words but doesnt respond to them because he knows that words are for the weak and physical violence is the superior form of communication but u wont accept this ur scared ur stuck in the prefix of pretification yea thats right ur sitting there stuck to the floor from ur goopy liquid glue sweat unable tro answer the door guess whos there its my friend spooner who is requesting appeal me
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #20847

I've been on quite a lot of the time that sticky's been on, so i've been able to watch him with my hateful glare.

So far, i've seen him rage, make wrong decisions, and mess up spectacularly.

But, he's learnt from that, and seems to be improving steadily as he goes along, and I think he'll turn out a fine and upstanding admin.
(Wouldn't hurt to grab a few more ahelps though.)
I play Boris Pepper.
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #20855

Makes a lot of mistakes and misjudgements, but he's quick to recognise his missteps and is eager to improve.

Only time would tell if he'd make a good admin. Keep it up.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
Extricated
Byond Username: Extricated

Post by Extricated » #22713

-retracted-

He ain't so good after all.
Last edited by Extricated on Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rose-chan

Post by Rose-chan » #23970

I bumped into the nuke op shuttle while trying to get back on the station and used my accelerator to blow out a window without knowing any better, and Sticky immediately pinged me and didn't straight up ban me on the spot. Thanks for that. I'll just ignore the shuttle next time that happens.
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #24179

Sticky's a great guy - he does the best events, too, and generally has the players in mind. This one time, I (the Warden) had spaced myself on accident, and he found my body while exploring the vast void of space. He dragged the corpse all the way back to the station and, due to my shitty underlings thinking he had killed me, got permabrigged the second he pulled it into Escape. Surprise, surprise, they let my body drift out the airlock. Anyway, as revenge for this, he appeased the cries of deadchat and had a band of syndie-pirates (including me) barge into Permabrig to rescue him. It was a bretty good round for everyone involved, and we didn't even have to kill any Sec officers.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #24181

Wait a minute, his 'best event' was spawning a bunch of syndie-pirates to bust him out of perma? That's a pretty flagrant abuse of admin powers for his own IC benefit.

edit: I guess it doesn't sound as bad after seeing the explanation.
Last edited by damiac on Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Saintish
Byond Username: Saintish

Post by Saintish » #24184

damiac wrote:Wait a minute, his 'best event' was spawning a bunch of syndie-pirates to bust him out of perma? That's a pretty flagrant abuse of admin powers for his own IC benefit.
Never said that was his 'best event', but Security had been really shit to a lot of people (I was the Warden, I would know) and Deadchat was cheering him on to do it. Lots of players got involved and it was near the very end of the round. I don't even think any Security got killed.

It was just a nonviolent, fun, thing to do. Also, he went back to the Syndie Shuttle with us, so it's not like he was getting revenge or completing objectives or anything.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #24216

Saintish wrote:Sticky's a great guy - he does the best events, too, and generally has the players in mind. This one time, I (the Warden) had spaced myself on accident, and he found my body while exploring the vast void of space. He dragged the corpse all the way back to the station and, due to my shitty underlings thinking he had killed me, got permabrigged the second he pulled it into Escape. Surprise, surprise, they let my body drift out the airlock. Anyway, as revenge for this, he appeased the cries of deadchat and had a band of syndie-pirates (including me) barge into Permabrig to rescue him. It was a bretty good round for everyone involved, and we didn't even have to kill any Sec officers.
Yeah I remember that. I spent 10 minutes being interrogated while maintaining a pirate accent. None of security or the captain played along and deadchat got sad when I was permabrigged. By that point I was essentially an NPC who got crudely dragged through space to the syndie shuttle so it was purely for the benefit of deadchat.

Definitely an event I felt was successful, in that it was fun and no one got upset about something.

EDIT: Incidentally I feel the feedback thread might be the best place to get feedback on events if not on adminning, so I'd love to hear from anyone who participated in anything I ran
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Zsword

Post by Zsword » #24584

I generally have positive experiances with sticky, I don't see him socializing too much, but I don't find the round turning to shit when he's on, and he's usually friendly enough... all though, *redacted*, I don't know about that guy, he can be an unnecessary pain in the butt sometimes. :P (seriously man, if the warden has treated you fairly and given you a perfectly reasonable time period in the brig, don't be a butt, it's painful enough being sec as is, fighting against honost security is why a lot of people reduce themselves to shitcurity.)

But I mean, otherwise it's a very pleasant experiance to play with him. When I adminwho and see his name in the list it makes me smile.
Litlbear

Post by Litlbear » #24832

Only admin i've dealt with in game to speak to me before banning me. 11/10
MedicInDisquise

Post by MedicInDisquise » #25357

This admin is a cool guy. He does the best extended events and generally nice.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #25501

Stickymayhem wrote:
Saintish wrote:Sticky's a great guy - he does the best events, too, and generally has the players in mind. This one time, I (the Warden) had spaced myself on accident, and he found my body while exploring the vast void of space. He dragged the corpse all the way back to the station and, due to my shitty underlings thinking he had killed me, got permabrigged the second he pulled it into Escape. Surprise, surprise, they let my body drift out the airlock. Anyway, as revenge for this, he appeased the cries of deadchat and had a band of syndie-pirates (including me) barge into Permabrig to rescue him. It was a bretty good round for everyone involved, and we didn't even have to kill any Sec officers.
Yeah I remember that. I spent 10 minutes being interrogated while maintaining a pirate accent. None of security or the captain played along and deadchat got sad when I was permabrigged. By that point I was essentially an NPC who got crudely dragged through space to the syndie shuttle so it was purely for the benefit of deadchat.

Definitely an event I felt was successful, in that it was fun and no one got upset about something.

EDIT: Incidentally I feel the feedback thread might be the best place to get feedback on events if not on adminning, so I'd love to hear from anyone who participated in anything I ran
The best part of that event was the pirate ops (who didn't even get internals) dragging you straight out into space and into the shuttle.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #26563

Is willing to engage over their bans and shows good conduct while discussing them.

Is also willing to admit when they are wrong, which is a huge ++
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #27959

Spawning singulos in the hallways is horrible. Please never ever do it again. Holocarp was fun, but nothing sucks worse than to die of badminnery.
slammo1

Post by slammo1 » #28597

Just wondering- why is it perfectly acceptable that Sticky use his admin powers/connections to be antag for rounds on end and murderbone? Who is this fun for other than the admin Sticky?
Antonkr
Byond Username: Antonkr

Post by Antonkr » #28599

slammo1 wrote:Just wondering- why is it perfectly acceptable that Sticky use his admin powers/connections to be antag for rounds on end and murderbone? Who is this fun for other than the admin Sticky?
Allegations of this were already proven as false, unless you have specific evidence of such which I'll gladly investigate.
No longer an admin by own free will. Feel free to add me on steam.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #28600

slammo1 wrote:Just wondering- why is it perfectly acceptable that Sticky use his admin powers/connections to be antag for rounds on end and murderbone? Who is this fun for other than the admin Sticky?
Use it how? Be specific.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #28601

This has literally never happened.

I have had very good RNG luck the last few days and it's become something of a meme for deadchat to say I am giving myself antag.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
slammo1

Post by slammo1 » #28604

If this is false then I apologize, but last Thurs or Fri you were antag for seven rounds in a row it seemed, going on a spree each time.
slammo1

Post by slammo1 » #28605

leibniz wrote:
Use it how? Be specific.
I don't have access to admin chat or records so I'm not sure how I can be more specific.
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #28607

This doesn't happen, and accusing people of it makes you look more than silly.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #28613

can confirm sticky is god of luck
I play Boris Pepper.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #28616

slammo1 wrote:If this is false then I apologize, but last Thurs or Fri you were antag for seven rounds in a row it seemed, going on a spree each time.
6 rounds in a row.

I went on a spree for the first three, then friendly for the second three.
slammo1

Post by slammo1 » #28617

Hornygranny wrote:This doesn't happen, and accusing people of it makes you look more than silly.
It wasn't anything against Sticky as an admin, which is he known for being good and fairminded, just the rampant murderboning and antag which has been discussed in dedchat endlessly.

With regard to the "more than silly" part, coming from someone whose username is Hornygranny, I feel like I can get over it.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #28619

slammo1 wrote:
Hornygranny wrote:This doesn't happen, and accusing people of it makes you look more than silly.
It wasn't anything against Sticky as an admin, which is he known for being good and fairminded, just the rampant murderboning and antag which has been discussed in dedchat endlessly.

With regard to the "more than silly" part, coming from someone whose username is Hornygranny, I feel like I can get over it.
Ok so the only complaint is how I conduct myself as an antagonist?
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #28652

I've become god of luck before too. It's no more ridiculous than the time one single person on Sibyl got chosen as the Wizard three rounds in a row. That's actually how the 'Donkledorp' character some of you remember came to exist - I suggested to the player that he should pretend to be a wizard if he got i or not in the 4th round.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
slammo1

Post by slammo1 » #28653

Sticky was just responding to your unusual amount of antag draw luck it seems- I have nothing against murderboning, but when we were going on multiple rounds of dedchat full of ghosts complaining about it and people saying you were giving yourself antag I just wanted to post about it. If you are just robust and lucky with RNG, I have no complaints. But as someone who sat through those multiple rounds, and you being an admin, it seemed suspicious. Obviously I'm just a player and can't monitor the "make me antag" messages if any that go out, but it was a bit much from the player's end. I would think that being admin would mean making players' rounds fun, not an excuse to prove yourself as robust tatortot, but that's just me.
MrStonedOne
Host
Byond Username: MrStonedOne
Github Username: MrStonedOne

Post by MrStonedOne » #28667

slammo1 wrote: Obviously I'm just a player and can't monitor the "make me antag" messages if any that go out, but it was a bit much from the player's end.

http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic. ... 401#p28118 This was actually investigated.
Forum/Wiki Administrator, Server host, Database King, Master Coder
MrStonedOne on digg(banned), Steam, IRC, Skype Discord. (!vAKvpFcksg)
Mandurrrh

Post by Mandurrrh » #28688

I'm not sure how the antag rng works but if I turn antag on I get if every single round. I swear I don't know why maybe my static name. And we know it's not admins giving it to me :) but seriously it's just how the code works and you can actually check logs for antag selection and all admin actions. Sometimes it just works that way. I have to turn it off sometimes just to get a break.
Pandarsenic
Byond Username: Pandarsenic

Post by Pandarsenic » #30231

UtterNewbie, if you want to complain about your IC in OOC ban, make a proper Admin Complaints subforum thread. I've scrubbed this thread of that shit for being in the wrong place.
(2:53:35 AM) scaredofshadows: how about head of robutts
I once wrote a guide to fixing telecomms woohoo
Swagile
Byond Username: Swagile

Post by Swagile » #36015

made me ambassador brainjim for an event

cool dude otherwise when i talked 2 him ingame and in adminpms

sorry i left mid event, connection sucked :(

/tg/ station github 420 issues
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #37268

Tries to learn from mistakes and solicits user feedback no matter how rough.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #39591

He's actually got a link to his feedback thread right in his sig. He's had a fair amount of screw ups, but he explains himself and apologizes when he's wrong. He doesn't have the god complex that some admins seem to have (see locked feedback threads).

In fact having an admin who screws up so badly sometimes is good, in that it gives other admins practice at having to deal with an admin who screwed up. Hopefully he'll keep improving as time goes on.
youngbuckliontiger

Post by youngbuckliontiger » #41520

This admin is very chaotic but that makes the game more fun.
12/10
Player name: Rob Ust
Lets have fun in SS13!
I don't play anymore though.
ErikHanson

Post by ErikHanson » #44680

unrobust piece of goat, but fun to see his events, and play D&D all night, 20/10 best admin.
-- Administrator private message --
Admin PM from-Ikarrus: The fuck did you do to the arcade
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #45787

As youngbuck said, Chaotic, but friendly and definitely spices the rounds up. Willing to add some interesting things to the mix (at the risk of it going wrong), which I think too many admins have become scared of doing due to negative response from a very small, but loud minority.

+1
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #56941

Sticky was a cool guy before he was adminned
I thought he was going to be an awful admin. And early on it seemed like he was

but nah he's nailing it now, he's cool
good work
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #59850

I think they should work on being more professional in their admin pms and not let friendliness and the spirit of the game get in the away of administrating. I have witnessed this multiple times.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #59951

NikNakFlak wrote:I think they should work on being more professional in their admin pms and not let friendliness and the spirit of the game get in the away of administrating. I have witnessed this multiple times.
Multiple times? Dear god I'm a monster!
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #59955

You heard him, Sticky. Start acting more like me.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #59973

Singulo was talking on this.
Short on short, no, don't stop doing that, because there's two ways you can administrate, you can either be a robot and spout cookie cutter phrases and seem unapproachable or you can be a real human bean and actually have a normal healthy conversation with someone and still get to the bottom of something.

This isn't a corporation niknak, this isn't indian tech support either, we can drop the sir and mr. Don't listen to him, keep doing what you're doing m8.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
danno

Post by danno » #60007

^word
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Post by srifenbyxp » #60140

Sticky is on the up and up with me.

As far as I'm concerned:
1. No complaints seen or heard
2. Investigate's issues quick and in some cases preemptively
3. Once tried to assume total control
4. Active
5. Event's aren't eventful
6. Involves plaintiff if warn/ban length is proper.
6a. As a side note when saying <player> doesn't have/limited notes against him in response of the on going/active complaint, how many if any should only account for justifying/lengthening. But that's just my opinion man.

To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #61007

Makes mistakes but owns up to them and learns from them.

People aren't perfect. What matters isn't that one makes mistakes, it's that one learns from them and grows. I can only see Sticky going Up.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
danno

Post by danno » #61026

actually probably my favorite admin right now I might add