Shuttle Calls shouldn't be because the game happened

Massa100
Byond Username: Massa100

Shuttle Calls shouldn't be because the game happened

Post by Massa100 » #291979

Bottom post of the previous page:

I'll preface this by saying the emergency shuttle is for emergencies. Mass bombings, overrun xeno infestations, a wild syndicate nuke team slaughtering is shuttle call worthy.

"Cult", "Traitors", and "Xenos" should NEVER be considered emergencies. Especially when they're just discovered at round start for what ever reason. We have departments WELL equipped to deal with all manner of threats and problems. Running from them at first sight is stupid and annoying and detracts from SS13. The point of the game is to be confronted with situation changing events and respond in an appropriate manner. Running away and resetting the round is a stupid response to that. Until those problems become so extreme that there's no other way out, that is.

Even from an RP standpoint, this multi-billion dollar station should at least be protected by the security crew, and common staff, if need be, right? With the exception of antags calling, "Holla Holla get Dolla" is not a good shuttle call and I think it should land a head a jobban or send the shuttle back with a heavy timer on it.

I've even seen admins adminbus shuttle delays because security called it at the first sign of a cult antag and they didn't want to see a good round recycled so fast.

In short, I'm reccomending a policy change with regards to shuttle calls here. Shuttles should be for extreme damage to the station, extremely extenuating circumstances (rampant plasma fires, an all powerful cargo traitor, megafauna, I dunno). We shouldn't have shuttle calls because someone saw a xeno, or a cult. All available methods should be put to the test before the shuttle call goes through.

Why even play and get antag and then just leave because the CMO got bored when he didn't roll antag 20 minutes in?
Massa100

Re: Shuttle Calls shouldn't be because the game happened

Post by Massa100 » #292328

Well, this thread blew up.

You guys all seem to want to avoid conversion/dying, which is inherently the part of the game that we play for. If you don't want to get converted/want the cult to lose/don't EVER want Xenos to play then yes call the shuttle immediately. On the other side of the pond, there are players who are willing to face the issues without running away, or even OOCly very willing to be converted if they fight their way as a non convert and don't just give it up. Xenos killing everyone translates to everyone becoming Xenos. This is part of the game. If you want to "win", as in, stay alive and reset the round, I'm sure you can just continuously call the shuttle on a private server. Round events, dying, being arrested, Xenos, cult wars are all part of the game and a lot of is enjoy it. The shuttle is fundamentally an annoying system as it is because it enables a complete neglect of play.

Just because you don't like cult/never want cult to win doesn't mean they shouldn't. Flashbang it up, throw grenades, the crew on /tg/station is 100% willing to always get in a fight. It's the heads, specifically the Captains and HoS' that are always willing to reset the round for a grief lottery shot.

This thread was mostly about conversion antags and xenos. Also, if you guys think xenos are bad/boring, the solution is the ultimate one: deathsquad. I've NEVER seen one in so long and it's so sad. The best moments, for me, in SS13 were when there was no power, xeno infestation was rampant, few people were alive, comms were down, and a deathsquad was on the loose and I was just a lowly grey. That was fun. That was SS13, it's survival, responding to circumstance, not resetting circumstance.
Last edited by Massa100 on Thu May 11, 2017 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #292329

The game mode structure. You can't call the shuttle, whereas in traitor (IIRC) you can; traitor rounds can be short or long, tending toward short, whereas malf had a semi-fixed length.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #292330

I think the extent at which I admin-recall shuttles is because it's a map they dislike and they put in the reason "bad map" or something dumb. Any other I don't touch because I assume the round is going to get hectic now that antags feel like they're on a timer.

Also cult was my favorite mode when I joined, I liked being able to research runes because, even though the process was boring, it felt like an achievement of knowing something not many others knew how to do. Conversion modes are pretty fun but I don't think punishing the non-antags because they aren't/can't be converted for trying to escape ICly or not lose OOCly seems odd and not very enjoyable to enforce.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #292342

Massa100 wrote:the crew on /tg/station is 100% willing to always get in a fight. It's the heads, specifically the Captains and HoS' that are always willing to reset the round for a grief lottery shot.
>the players that get to become antagonists and kill everyone are always willing to keep playing those modes

>the players who will end up dead and then trash talked/screamed at in OOC/deadchat aren't

Hmm....
Massa100

Post by Massa100 » #292343

Nilons wrote:
lzimann wrote:I'll be honest, conversion gamemodes(or at least the constant increase in them) are completly changing the game. Something needs to be done, either completly accepting that this is how we want to go(shorter rounds since it's unsustainable for security/command to go against cults) or start changing and move away from most, if not all, conversion gamemodes.
kill conversion modes lzimann
I mean, we've literally always had rev and cult and had gangs for years. Conversion is fine, it's a shorter round type without a doubt though. Security SHOULD have a hard time handling the masses in a rev round. It's practically grief in a game mode. Then, with traitors and stuff we have a longer roundtype which is also fine.
bandit

Post by bandit » #292346

it's not the fault of game modes, it is that there is no incentive not to call the shuttle and an incentive to call it that maybe shouldn't be (antag lottery). the result of

A) RP deteriorating, because there wasn't any more of an incentive before people didn't RP out
B) removal and/or lower probability of modes that prohibit shuttle calls

admin feedback pls
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #292348

Gangs was a buggy piece of shit that should never have come back, and now it's connected to a respirator and three pacemaker's but nobody wants to let anyone else pull the plug.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Massa100

Post by Massa100 » #292355

ohnopigeons wrote:Let's say an antag decides to mass toxins max-cap bomb the entire station 10 minutes in. Medbay, bridge, brig, telecomms, science, and arrivals are completely gone, and the entire station is losing air rapidly. Half the crew are dead and even more will be dead if they can't find a spacesuit.
CPTANT wrote:Surviving on an inoperable station is the entire point of the game. You get thrown into circumstances that are beyond your control and try to make the best of it.
Here making the best of it involves calling the fucking shuttle - but wait! You can't because there's a hard 20 minute time limit. So you have to wait 10 minutes for the shuttle to be callable and another 5 minutes for the shuttle (assuming the heads aren't dead and are able to pull off a code red by some miracle).

If you meant "making the best of it" without calling the shuttle then-

Fuck you
Massa100 wrote:Mass bombings, overrun xeno infestations, a wild syndicate nuke team slaughtering is shuttle call worthy.
I deliberately left wiggle room in my policy suggestion because of this.

"A list of preapproved reasons for extenuating circumstances that are up to admin discretion."

also gangs is fun
bandit

Post by bandit » #292356

ohnopigeons wrote:Let's say an antag decides to mass toxins max-cap bomb the entire station 10 minutes in. Medbay, bridge, brig, telecomms, science, and arrivals are completely gone, and the entire station is losing air rapidly. Half the crew are dead and even more will be dead if they can't find a spacesuit.
if only there was an engineering and medical staff

like, the point of the game has shifted from "try to hold the station together while antags try to thwart you at that, calling the shuttle means admitting defeat" and that is sad

admin feedback pls
Massa100

Post by Massa100 » #292358

TheColdSlime wrote:BOTH Image CULT Image MODES Image AREN'T Image FUN Image FOR Image SECURITY Image AND Image THEY Image CONTROL Image THE Image SHUTTLE Image
Security is garbage anyway.

We shouldn't base this discussion on the inability of a garbage sec team to do anything. Security is for people who need a power binge.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #292361

bandit wrote: B) removal and/or lower probability of modes that prohibit shuttle calls
We """"lost""" malf and gained Gang which didn't allow shuttle calls and Shadowling briefly had a very reliable shuttle blocker so I believe you are mistaken on that point
bandit

Post by bandit » #292363

sling is gone, gang allows shuttle calls I believe, I'm not sure what your point is

admin feedback pls
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #292364

Gang had infinite recall tools, the shuttle was not callable unless you killed the gangs.

My point is that we've had an equal if not greater number of modes that block the shuttle so it can't have been that which changed peoples minds on how to play the game.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #292378

Massa100 wrote:Security is for people who need a power binge.
When it comes to antags, there's very little epistemological distinction between security and antagonists. They both exist to fulfill a need to exert power and will over others. It's just that one of them is natural to the game and applies itself to the game populace at large in a more or less arbitrary fashion, wandering the station and smacking people around, and the other ones wear red.

Antagonists are _more_ free to engage in power trips than security are. The only thing that you're hinging on is that people who play security choose to do so, and people who play antags do so in a lottery. But, then, a lot of people suicide, ghost, or idle out when they don't get antag, so I'd argue that it works out about the same way anyway.

I'd also argue that every department which has a unique role which they defend their right to engage in is equally "power bingey." That'd be every head role, and things like chemistry or mining. Even inside a department, people have power trips: I'M WORKING TOXINS GET OUT REEEEE

I agree with you that there are a lot of people who play really overbearing security officers and captains, but chalking it up to just power tripping ignores the fact that we have rules on the books that literally let anyone power trip anytime they want to (defending their department), and a role in the game which is nothing but empowering the player to do anything they want (antag roles).

Imbalance is a natural part of this game.

All that having been said, I feel that it's folly to artificially increase the length of the round OR to artificially shorten the length of the round. If I catch someone calling for no reason, I'll usually talk to them about it. If I catch someone recalling repeatedly for no reason, I'll usually talk to them about it.

In my experience, rounds typically last until players become uncomfortable with the status of the station, and EVERY SINGLE TIME someone will complain because their department is fine.

It's about will of the masses, not will of the dude who's ALMOST FINISHED his fourth phazon. If you're willing to risk your precious pixels for the round, gather a posse and push for the outcome that you want. As nonharmfully as possible, of course. I mean, don't break the rules.
Last edited by feem on Thu May 11, 2017 7:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #292391

Massa100 wrote: We shouldn't base this discussion on the inability of a garbage sec team to do anything. Security is for people who need a power binge.

Well eat shit too nigger
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #292394

D&B wrote:
Massa100 wrote: We shouldn't base this discussion on the inability of a garbage sec team to do anything. Security is for people who need a power binge.

Well eat shit too nigger
Repukan fully and utterly exposed
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #292397

Some modes, calling the shuttle might be better as an explicit loss condition but still allow the option.

Like, rev. Allow the shuttle, but if the heads leave on it, it counts as abandoning the station. If there are still heads/headrevs alive on the station when the shuttle docks, it's a "you all suck" stalemate. Might allow for !FUN! rev tactics like causing just enough chaos for a shuttle call that makes the heads want to leave, but not enough to tip their hand that it's actually a revolution.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #292406

bandit wrote:if only there was an engineering and medical staff

like, the point of the game has shifted from "try to hold the station together while antags try to thwart you at that, calling the shuttle means admitting defeat" and that is sad
Engineering can't reconstruct the entire station after it's been mass max-capped bombed. They never have and never will.

Similarly medical can't do anything if the medbay is nonexistent and all the doctors are dead. And boy, is the medbay a popular bombing target.
Massa100

Post by Massa100 » #292435

ohnopigeons wrote:

Engineering can't reconstruct the entire station after it's been mass max-capped bombed. They never have and never will.

Similarly medical can't do anything if the medbay is nonexistent and all the doctors are dead. And boy, is the medbay a popular bombing target.
I personally haven't even seen a bombing go down in all of 2017. It's rare, it doesn't happen. Nobody does it any more.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #292466

Massa100 wrote:
ohnopigeons wrote:

I personally haven't even seen a bombing go down in all of 2017. It's rare, it doesn't happen. Nobody does it any more.
Its happened enough for people to get tired of it, really.
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #292562

Just had a round, where cult was spotted early. Immediately, red alert shuttle was called. The round lasted less than half an hour. This shit needs to stop.
Bring back papercult.

Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #292594

InsaneHyena wrote:Just had a round, where cult was spotted early. Immediately, red alert shuttle was called. The round lasted less than half an hour. This shit needs to stop.
Don't get spotted early :lol:

onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #292595

InsaneHyena wrote:Just had a round, where cult was spotted early. Immediately, red alert shuttle was called. The round lasted less than half an hour. This shit needs to stop.
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/27104

Manifest spirits just got even stronger so it is unlikely that security will stop running

I don't want to fight literally unlimited armed people.
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #292600

Don't get spotted early
I wasn't a cultist, but it still annoyed me. Fighting cult is gameplay. Why should we not play the game? Because captain didn't get antag this round?
Bring back papercult.

Togopal
In-Game Admin

Post by Togopal » #292603

InsaneHyena wrote:
Don't get spotted early
I wasn't a cultist, but it still annoyed me. Fighting cult is gameplay. Why should we not play the game? Because captain didn't get antag this round?
No role with mindshield implants can get antag so when you set your role to Captain/HoS/anything in security you know what you're getting into

Cultist is not fun for security as other people said and really the only people to blame if shuttle is called early is the people who get spotted when you dont have any members and are incapable of recalling

bandit

Post by bandit » #292655

I shut down a cult as HoS just a few days ago with no warden and a comdom captain, it is possible

admin feedback pls
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #292656

No one said it wasn't possible but time is definitely a factor. If you fail to shut them down early and completely they get bigger and bigger until you can't handle them at all.

For those sec who are not capable of gitting gud, going nazi is their only alternative if you disallow/discourage shuttle calling.
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #292678

We have multiple game modes where the crew's win condition boils down to that the shuttle arrives at central command before the antagonists complete their objectives.

And with many players eschewing roleplay in favor of gameplay, it's no surprise that we have heads taking the option that gives them the best chances of victory, which is to red alert and call the shuttle ASAP.

The only solutions I can see is to agree on some new policy to crack down on detrimental play-to-win playstyles (Which is a hell of a pipe dream), or re-designing/removing those modes.
Massa100

Post by Massa100 » #292722

Kor wrote:
https://github.com/tgstation/tgstation/pull/27104

Manifest spirits just got even stronger so it is unlikely that security will stop running

I don't want to fight literally unlimited armed people.
Losing is part of the game.

You have a taser. Shoot them once and it's over. Flashbangs too. Never once in my life have I seen manifest spirit used.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #292728

>shoot ghost man with a taser
>2 other ghost mans behind him
>shoot those ghost men as well
>they all have effectively 200 hp because of their 50% resistance to lasers and melee
>expend all my ammo from like 4 guns killing them/stunning them
>all their gear evaporates so I don't even get anything for my trouble
>they've instantly respawned and run back and are now smashing the brig door down before the first gun is even charged
>this repeats forever

Exciting! Losing can be fun, but not when the game effectively robs you of all agency by making your actions meaningless. You don't even get the satisfaction of taking any enemies with you because your enemies don't die.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #292730

I mean you can keep whining at players and crying about how mean and bad they are for no reason if you want but it won't change their behavior. You've flat out said you don't care if one team in the death match isn't having fun though so I guess you're just going to be confused and frustrated forever when they don't care if you're not having fun either.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #292735

Massas i have the sneaking suspicion that you think the people explaining why no one wants to play against your ebig team antags are actually the ones calling the shuttle rather than just people trying to explain prevalent player behaviors.
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #292828

Like I said before I think what is discussed here is a fundamental design flaw of SS13 as a whole.

It can only be solved by remaking the game to be more challenging and rewarding outside of antagonist interactions.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #292857

There are two sides to this coin. On one we have the people that see one red paper and call the shuttle 20 minutes in. On the other we have people recalling at the hour mark when the station is bombed, sec is dead, anarchy has descended and antags are blatantly roaming the halls slaughtering all they see.

Neither of these sides are good, we need to find the happy medium with players, we don't need to start gouging modes or tacking on stupid round delay features.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #292884

I envy your ability to state the obvious.
Bring back papercult.

Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #292906

InsaneHyena wrote:I envy your ability to state the obvious.
I envy your ability to start shit over literally nothing
CPTANT wrote:Like I said before I think what is discussed here is a fundamental design flaw of SS13 as a whole.

It can only be solved by remaking the game to be more challenging and rewarding outside of antagonist interactions.
I don't know if "remaking the game" is necessary but I can agree that it would require some radical design changes
Limey wrote:its too late.
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #292948

Qbopper wrote:
CPTANT wrote:Like I said before I think what is discussed here is a fundamental design flaw of SS13 as a whole.

I don't know if "remaking the game" is necessary but I can agree that it would require some radical design changes
In the least it would be a rework of the TG branch of the game. In a way planetstation already does this of course.

I think a shuttle should either be called after the crew completes a set of objectives or after a fixed time and the game should be structured around that.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #292965

Putting an artificial length time on a round is not a good idea.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #292966

ANTAGS Image CAN Image RECALL Image THE Image SHUTTLE Image
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #292986

THIS Image MEME Image IS Image DEAD Image BECAUSE Image OF Image YOU
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #293101

Qbopper wrote:
I envy your ability to get mad over someone blowing them into the next dimension
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #293145

Qbopper wrote: I envy your ability to start shit over literally nothing
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #293186

I like the title, nothing else needed to be said by the OP.
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #293189

Scott wrote:I like the title, nothing else needed to be said by the OP.
Title can be a bit misleading though. You read "shuttle calls shouldn't be because the game happened", so what? We should only call the shuttle when the game DOESN'T happen? When antags are not doing anything/everyone is bored because nothing is going on?
CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #293218

The title is very dandy but it solves nothing.

There is no "easy fix"
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #293232

If you want the shuttle to not be called you have to take some of the crutches each antagonist has that makes veteran players roll the round, which means there's a larger potential for new players to get trashed on and pseudoextended, albeit some people wouldn't mind that.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Togopal
In-Game Admin

Post by Togopal » #293601

When the same people who call security powertrippers are the same people who would murderbone with a desword instead of doing anything interesting when they roll antag Image

Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #293702

Togopal wrote:When the same people who call security powertrippers are the same people who would murderbone with a desword instead of doing anything interesting when they roll antag

this is certainly true for a couple of people but I don't see how it's relevant to the current discussion about shuttle calls
Togopal
In-Game Admin

Post by Togopal » #293711

Qbopper wrote:
this is certainly true for a couple of people but I don't see how it's relevant to the current discussion about shuttle calls
Sorry, I saw OP of this thread murderbone with desword and then call the shuttle ~40 minutes into the round two or three days ago and it reminded me of this thread

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #293786

Be the only Security member and a cult is spotted early into the round, decide to call a Red Alert evacuation as you have no chance of halting the cult. Get called a shiter in OOC chat after the round for early calling the shuttle...

Unlike condoms, there's no catch all for deciding when its right and not right to call a evacuation. While there will be times where Security and Command have little justification for evacuating because they caught one Traitor, but there will also be times where you have a undermanned security force who decide to cut their losses and pull out early.

Kor made a good point, if you want to stop early shuttle calls, then design game modes that don't rely on fucking over security so hard they decide that the only course of action is to evac early.

If your game mode needs a tool or mechanic to delay or stop the shuttle from being called or evacuating, then that should be a clear sign of a larger issue.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #293789

Qbopper wrote:
Togopal wrote:When the same people who call security powertrippers are the same people who would murderbone with a desword instead of doing anything interesting when they roll antag

It's relevant because the OP plays in a manner that is dull for everyone else involved and then gets confused when nobody wants to play with him