Administration General Feedback

Tell the admins how you think they're doing.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: Administration General Feedback

Post by onleavedontatme » #294335

Bottom post of the previous page:

But if someone kills you they are now valid for death both IC (murder is a capital crime) and OOC (you can meet murderous force with murderous force) so even if they come back to life you wont really have given them extra information by saying "they're antagonist." They know a killer is out there and will likely inform whoever it was that revived them.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #294341

But they don't know for sure if it's an antag or not, and you are still injecting OOC information into their game by doing so and this influences their in-game actions.

Take for example, a situation where two workers got into a fight and one ended dead.
One is an antag, the other is not.

Person ahelps and is told they were an antag, person then retaliates through potentially lethal means but what it boils down to is now "An antagonist killed me and I'm getting lethal revenge"
instead of "Person A killed me for X reason during a workplace fight and I'm killing them back" and while the end result COULD be the same, depending on what a player says upon being revived or how other players who were either around the fight/were informed after the fact, their response to the murder could be different.

The end point here is, one way or another, you are injecting OOC information that could effect things. While you could say "That will never happen" and I can't provide specific examples what so ever, but enough situations similar to that from my own experiences of fighting with a traitor who nobody knew was a traitor, and just the game in general happening over and over across many months, who knows? In the end, why not just use logic to make estimated judgments situation to situation when that doesn't seem that hard?
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #294352

I'm sure there are edge cases, which is why I said 90%, but keeping OOC information out of the round is frankly impossible, and making sure people have a good time and feel like they're treated fairly usually outweighs the need to hide things from them.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #294637

90% is a statistic you pulled from thin air. You can't back up this number or confirm it in anyway. Keeping OOC information out of the round isn't that hard. Most code related additions adhere to this very well.
There really isn't a reason to do what you say you are doing for the "feeling" of anything. We answered adminhelps vaguely about that stuff for years during that limbo zone when you were gone from the community and everything worked fine. I really don't know why you are arguing so hard to basically pick the lazy way out. This game is about suspense and putting you into situations where you don't know everything, but you take some of that out for basically no reason. Sometimes people aren't going to have a good time when they are killed by a traitor or what not, that's just the way the game goes. Not everyone has a good time each round and there's really no reason to inject this OOC information into the round to make them feel better in anyway really. They should adminhelp of course in case it's not a traitor but then wait to the end of the round like everyone else to see why X did Y.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #294640

I try to say something "I'll look into it" - it keeps people satisfied in that I'm not ignoring them, it doesn't give them info on who's an antag in case they get back in the round, and if I know the person in question is an antag then I can just move on

It's not perfect and they can usually find out on their own as a ghost if X is an antag but I've always felt the one word "valid" or "X is a traitor" responses were unnecessary
Limey wrote:its too late.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #294652

Qbopper wrote:I try to say something "I'll look into it" - it keeps people satisfied in that I'm not ignoring them, it doesn't give them info on who's an antag in case they get back in the round, and if I know the person in question is an antag then I can just move on

It's not perfect and they can usually find out on their own as a ghost if X is an antag but I've always felt the one word "valid" or "X is a traitor" responses were unnecessary
This

When I send an ahelp into the void its the worst, if an admin confirms they got it and will deal with it as they see fit I'm satiated in my need for justice
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #294676

Qbopper wrote:I try to say something "I'll look into it" - it keeps people satisfied in that I'm not ignoring them, it doesn't give them info on who's an antag in case they get back in the round, and if I know the person in question is an antag then I can just move on

This is bad since we ban people for dealing with an issue IC after they had it dealt with OOC, I used to do it but I realized how bad it is. If you say looking into it that person has no idea if they are allowed to retaliate against their murderer without getting banned, but if you tell them its valid or yeah that guy is an antag they know they can go and handle it IC since it wasn't solved OOC.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #294683

But if they weren't wrong about retaliating, then it was never an OOC issue to begin with.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #294839

belatedly
Kor wrote:What is wrong with this question in your mind?
Because 99% of the time when people say "OH WELL IN THAT CASE CAN I KILL SOMEONE WHO DOES THIS?" they leave out all the context of the situation and reduce it to a blanket "can I jump straight to murder please please plz" whine. Context matters, just because a particular fight was escalated enough that killing is on the table doesn't mean you can kill someone who toolboxes you once.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #294934

Reread qboppers question. It is "so its okay to kill him once I get cloned" not "so I can kill anyone ever in future rounds"

There isnt context missing if you are asking whether you can retaliate against a specific person who just killed you.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #294940

Yes but that's not always what's asked

It's "is he an antag"
or
"So he's a traitor right?"

And as I said, it basically allllllllllll boils down to
Admin judgement of the situation. Dont take the lazy way out. Dont take the kor route
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #294941

Yes but that's not always what's asked
That's great, but I asked Qbopper about a very specific question
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #294942

I feel like qbopper brought up something less related to the debate. Not exactly what was being discussed.

You still havent backed up your 90% number
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #294943

NikNakFlak wrote:I feel like qbopper brought up something less related to the debate. Not exactly what was being discussed.
Then why are you trying to frame it in the debate?
NikNakFlak wrote: You still havent backed up your 90% number
What is there to back up? "Like 90%" is clearly an estimate, such as saying "almost always" or "most of the time."

If you actually want a massive list of actions that are both usually bannable unless the person acting is a traitor, and also an acceptable reason to kill someone, I'm sure I could make one, but if feels more like you just want to fight me for whatever reason.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #294962

Owegno wrote:

This is bad since we ban people for dealing with an issue IC after they had it dealt with OOC, I used to do it but I realized how bad it is. If you say looking into it that person has no idea if they are allowed to retaliate against their murderer without getting banned, but if you tell them its valid or yeah that guy is an antag they know they can go and handle it IC since it wasn't solved OOC.
See, that's a valid point, but I don't know what to do about it

I don't like telling people "X is valid" because that often leads to people wanting to get out of cloning, gear up, and murder their killer right away - I know a lot of the admins don't mind that but something about it rubs me the wrong way

Most of the time someone asking if X killing them was valid is "is that valid of them or should they be banned" and not "is X antag so I can retaliate" (from my experience on sybil at least). In that case, people appreciate the "looking into it" response because it shows I'm checking the situation out - they don't care if they can get cloned and kill X, they just wanted to bring it to my attention in case it was a nonantag for whatever reason.

It's not perfect and you're not wrong but it's usually not an issue for me, and if it is people will just make sure to ask if they can retaliate andfter being cloned or not

EDIT: also kor/niknak I feel like this debate would be better suited to a policy thread/something in the admin forums than cluttering up admin feedback
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #295049

Kor wrote:Reread qboppers question. It is "so its okay to kill him once I get cloned" not "so I can kill anyone ever in future rounds"

There isnt context missing if you are asking whether you can retaliate against a specific person who just killed you.
Oh never mind I misread.

idk, I do use "it's valid" and I have never gotten this question (that I remember) related to my saying that, it's almost always brought up in response to my calling something an IC issue or escalated or whatever
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #295203

I do want to fight you. I feel like you say things as if its your way or the high way. That only you are right. You estimated a completely random number honestly. We didnt tell people anyone was antag for literally years.

I disagree with you and at most the only response you give me is "well yea not AAALLL the time". You are obviously not going to agree with my view and I definitely dont agree with yours but in the end, admin to admin, they are really going to do whatever they want.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #295223

NikNakFlak wrote:I do want to fight you. I feel like you say things as if its your way or the high way. That only you are right. You estimated a completely random number honestly. We didnt tell people anyone was antag for literally years.

I disagree with you and at most the only response you give me is "well yea not AAALLL the time". You are obviously not going to agree with my view and I definitely dont agree with yours but in the end, admin to admin, they are really going to do whatever they want.
Qbopper wrote:EDIT: also kor/niknak I feel like this debate would be better suited to a policy thread/something in the admin forums than cluttering up admin feedback
like really valid complaints aside this is getting a little bit personal
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #295252

It really isn't
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #295293

NikNakFlak wrote:I disagree with you and at most the only response you give me is "well yea not AAALLL the time".
NikNakFlak wrote:the only response you give me is "well yea not AAALLL the time".
straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
noun: strawman
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.
"her familiar procedure of creating a straw man by exaggerating their approach"

Intentionally making his arguments seem much simpler than they are so that you can knock them down without effort is intellectually dishonest you pink fraud
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #295320

Oranges wrote:It really isn't
argue what you want, either way this isn't the place for it
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #295383

Nilons wrote:
NikNakFlak wrote:I disagree with you and at most the only response you give me is "well yea not AAALLL the time".
NikNakFlak wrote:the only response you give me is "well yea not AAALLL the time".
straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun
an intentionally misrepresented proposition that is set up because it is easier to defeat than an opponent's real argument.

Intentionally making his arguments seem much simpler than they are so that you can knock them down without effort is intellectually dishonest you pink fraud
he literally said
I'm sure there are edge cases, which is why I said 90%
which in itself isn't a great argument because it uses an in-factual number. But please Nilons, continue being the most autistic 10 year old on the forums.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #295453

I feel like you say things as if its your way or the high way.
I disagree with you and at most the only response you give me is "well yea not AAALLL the time".
I genuinely do not understand. Line one of your post you complain I don't respect others views and don't leave room for peoples judgement, and line two of the post you complain I acknowledge your views and I don't argue enough by saying there is room for judgement.

What is your end game here?
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #295471

Can you two not take your personal grievances to PM's or at least IRC?
Not really general feedback anymore.
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #295475

Seek help
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #295476

peoplearestrange wrote:Can you two not take your personal grievances to PM's or at least IRC?
Not really general feedback anymore.
Who are you
Where did you come from
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #295519

NikNakFlak wrote:
Nilons wrote:
straw man
ˌstrô ˈman/
noun

he literally said
I'm sure there are edge cases, which is why I said 90%
which in itself isn't a great argument because it uses an in-factual number. But please Nilons, continue being the most autistic 10 year old on the forums.
I will continue you fun hating cuck
Signature Memes

danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #295541

love this thread
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #295586

Why can't niknak be my friend?
TheColdTurtle
Byond Username: TheColdTurtle

Post by TheColdTurtle » #295589

Niknak is 2 cool for friends
Haevacht
Byond Username: Capital_H

Post by Haevacht » #296473

admins have been better in general since kev lost sound
1% of a coder, 2% of a spriter, 97% >:3c

Random name on Bagel, usually assistant.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #299018

If coders can interfere with rounds and do TC trades, does that just make them superior admins that don't have to listen to adminhelps and don't have feedback threads?
lzimann
Byond Username: Lzimann
Github Username: lzimann

Post by lzimann » #299023

People with coder rank shouldn't really be interfering with the round at all.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #299026

I've seen coders do some pretty cool events. One time phil (i think) gave me some cool objectives back during lowpop bagil. Uncreative shit shouldn't be done as a coder tho
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #299033

Cyberboss let someone TC trade to become a securitron, which spent the round being unstoppable and stunning and cuffing EVERYBODY. Which got me dragged away and murdered by a traitor in maintenence, removing me from the round. I thought it was IcePacks so I was going to post in his feedback thread(as I did not know it was a TC trade I thought it was just adminfuckery) but it was Cyberboss who we can't leave feedback about I guess.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #299048

I don't know if he still does it but WJhonsthon once did map revotes just because we got cere and another time locked ooc when another admin was on because they missed the end round announcement.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #299056

D&B wrote:I don't know if he still does it but WJhonsthon once did map revotes just because we got cere and another time locked ooc when another admin was on because they missed the end round announcement.
he has good history of proper admin conduct with coder rank
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #308202

there's still not enough admins
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #308207

there's too many admins and only a couple of them log in at all
Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #308208

It's not like having more admins costs money bman
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #308263

Fukk admin stop ban me
Signature Memes

Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #308398

I don't know when other people have school shit but my exams are next week so I don't have much time and when I do I'm not in a good place to be adminning, but yeah this can be a problem
IrishWristWatch0
Byond Username: IrishWristWatch0

Post by IrishWristWatch0 » #309711

nigga we all quit
╔═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╗
<Shaps> I still firmly believe a drunk kor is more responsible than a sober irish
Zoey Webb(Firecage): Irish. You can break any coherent discussion by mentioning 2 words
420weedscopes: I once proposed to a girl with my dick in her ass
Lzimann's best friend.
° ☾ ☆ ¸. ¸  ★  :.  . • ○ ° ★  ° ○ • .  .:  ★  ¸ .¸ ☆ ☾ °
╚═══════════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════════╝
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #309719

FUKK ADMIN STOPP BAN ME
Signature Memes

Ivuchnu
Byond Username: Ivuchnu

General admin feedback, mostly concerning Manuel

Post by Ivuchnu » #567639

I still wanna play the game, but for that to be enjoyable activity there needs to be some admin consistency in either good judgement making all the time or ability to admit when bad ones happen. My small feedback follows for some admins and their actions. Does anyone think that I should have created complaint thread for any of those where I am involved?
  • TheMidnightRose - I got bwoinked by Rose over placing healing virus pills at arrivals. Issue raised in ticket was not explained very well, but after I made policy thread touching arrivals neutrality subject, I do agree that someone slipping poison in arrivals pills pile might be a problematic thing. I have little trouble avoiding arrivals specifically in favor of placing my pills somewhere more public.
  • Vekter - I strongly believe if not for my activity on forum about virus pills & Rose thing, I'd not be bwoinked during 139996, leading to me basically ragequitting from TG. Could it be form of harassment over past grudges? I'd like to hear Vekter explain why should I use chemical fridge only as I've been asked to in ticket during 139996.
  • RaveRadbury - first impression were obnoxious meme votes spammed whenever Rave is online. Later on I came to believe that Rave is good admin. That opinion started to shift once I saw Rave's comments in pill related thread where I tried to get some good opinions on what the fuck powergaming is. Now my stance is "I don't want RaveRadbury as GM railroading me through their carefully crafted plot". Fiasco with rock's security ban over rock helping with removal of hostiles reinforces that further. Heretic rearmed with essential antag tool after confused rock manages to destroy that is another example for how much railroading is important for Rave.
  • Dr. Aura - Dr. "literally who" Aura who comes to metagrudgingly ban rock as requested by Rave. Extremely bad ban from non-Manuelmin.
I want to play with those people still adminning, I don't want to alter my playstyle much unless there's more than few people agreeing on it being disruptive and I want answers for issues I just brought up.
Last edited by Ivuchnu on Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Heal w. water/starlight/rads +self-resp
Not happy with game, not happy with code.
Vekter
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Vekter

Re: General admin feedback, mostly concerning Manuel

Post by Vekter » #567641

Ivuchnu wrote:
  • TheMidnightRose - I got bwoinked by Rose over placing healing virus pills at arrivals. Issue raised in ticket was not explained very well, but after I made policy thread touching arrivals neutrality subject, I do agree that someone slipping poison in arrivals pills pile might be a problematic thing. I have little trouble avoiding arrivals specifically in favor of placing my pills somewhere more public.
  • Vekter - I strongly believe if not for my activity on forum about virus pills & Rose thing, I'd not be bwoinked during 139996, leading to me basically ragequitting from TG. Could it be form of harassment over past grudges? I'd like to hear Vekter explain why should I use chemical fridge only as I've been asked to in ticket during 139996.
We were asked not to bwoink for this anymore because it's considered too HRP. I don't have a grudge with you at all and I'm not really sure why you'd think that.
AliasTakuto wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:11 pm As for the ear replacing stuff, you can ask Anne but I don't think this is what I was banned for. If I was all I can say is "Sorry for being hilarious"...
Omega_DarkPotato wrote:This sucks, dude.
Spoiler:
Reply PM from-REDACTED/(REDACTED): i tried to remove the bruises by changing her gender

PM: Bluespace->Delaron: Nobody wants a mime's asscheeks farting on their brig windows.

PM: REDACTED->HotelBravoLima: Oh come on, knowing that these are hostile aliens is metagaming

[17:43] <Aranclanos> any other question ping me again
[17:43] <Vekter> Aranclanos for nicest coder 2015
[17:44] <Aranclanos> fuck you
Ivuchnu
Byond Username: Ivuchnu

Post by Ivuchnu » #567642

Thanks!
Heal w. water/starlight/rads +self-resp
Not happy with game, not happy with code.
t3hSurge
Byond Username: T3hSurge

Post by t3hSurge » #720972

I ragequit yesterday, and after thinking about it, I spend too much time on TG to walk away and pretend I don't care. I have been feeling more and more unwelcome lately on Manuel by some of the admins who are most commonly on. Again these are just my thoughts and feelings. I'll try to keep this post specific and brief, but I am going to get upset all over again I'm sure.

Yesterday and the day before I got bonked by two separate admins, adipem and walter. They're not bmon, but had the same untouchable "you're already wrong that's why I'm bonking you" tone. Pretty much every PM I've ever had with bmon is shitty and accusatory, and I made an unsuccessful attempt to point out my experience here. Since then I just kinda accepted that we clashed and I don't think they're a very good admin, but that's ok. Looking through my ticket history on statbus I have a lot of interactions with a lot of admins, and they mostly run about how I would expect. Sometimes you're simply asked to tell the story of what's been going on, sometimes it's a specific question, sometimes I'm in the wrong from the get-go. After roughly 2000 hours of playing, the workings of admins is mostly a mystery. I still have no defined expectations of what to expect in a bwoink. This is a good example of what I think is a great bwoink. Sure I'm very wrong, but the point is this bwoink DISCOVERS and DEESCALATES. I guess I can't see the admin policy page as a user but surely there are some standards for decorum and neutrality when not dealing with extreme cases. Some serious griefer deserves a funny "the fuck is this you idiot?" type of bwoink sure. As a player acting in good faith, it can be really jarring to get a bwoink, and even more jarring when the tone doesn't match my intentions at all. I of course also understand that a single interaction does not make for a bad admin, even if I think they are very, very wrong and injust.

Both bwoinks were proceeded by unanswered tickets asking for help with things that felt like pretty obvious grief. This certainly adds to my frustration. So, here is the first of the two bwoinks:
► Show Spoiler
Now, I would have liked to have found out why I was probed about this in the first place. For some additional context, I was a clown this round also working in atmos. I spent the whole round improving atmos and being a kind and chatty clown, waiting around mostly hoping my atmosian valentine would return. I hear on the radio that ordinance is in flames, and as the only person actively in atmos and wearing the atmos modsuit, I go out for the rescue! It was pretty great, I put out the fires and pulled the husked RD out. You can get the rest of the story from the bwoink. Why the RD I saved presumably ahelped me taking off their armor when it was hurting folks and then playing with it a bit to discover how it works... as clown... why would they ahelp that? But walter starts the bwoink fine, asking a specific question and getting an answer. They then accuse me of hard looting this armor from a dead person in medbay. You asked ONE probing question then just straight up say "I am cutting to the chase, stop looting corpses in medbay" like DUDE. Not fucking ok if you don't know the facts. Somebody I see nearly every day, in a position of power, who should absolutely be familiar with me as a player by this point. In one message with all that authority you've just destroyed me. Am I resented by walter, or is this just a case of them sucking at investigating and arbitrating grief? I do not know admin standards but I really hope they demand better than this. From here on out the bwoink is just late discovery and that kind of self-justifying thing where it's like "oh well but you should have done x" and you explain and now they say, "You should have done y; Oh you were too mad you need to be better this way!" etc. I am rambling now because I'm getting mad all over again so I'll move on.

Here's the second of the two that pushed me over the edge:
► Show Spoiler
Here I'm feeling burnt after two unanswered griefing ahelps. I also just specifically feel punished lately for being social and kind regardless or role, or going the extra mile trying to help the station/RP/round/story. So I go into this round thinking that and wanting to retract a bit and y'know find my center or whatever. So I sign up for jobs like chem, atmos and warden. I roll warden, do my job very well for about 30 minutes or maybe 20. Both officers talk about investigating calls for crew to chapel, and I give them instructions to get there. It's North, you know layout kinda confusing or whatever. I cave after a minute or two and decide to leave brig briefly to see the commotion. I guess I could have used cams but it's not the same. I get there, and after a minute a crewmember disappears, only to be revealed on the radio and briefly in-person later in the chapel that they "ascended" into an evil wizard. While all this is happening I feel glued to the chapel, this is like the round's main event. Feels bus-y. It's hard to relate in a story how organic the RP was, everybody was chanting and literal miracles happened. I was clearly from the get-go being interacted with in real time by an admin. After the crewmember disappeared, we continued to have like admin fireballs and healing while we shouted the same incantations. So like, this was really frustrating in context. I step out of my comfort zone for the RP, being extra careful not to self-antag beyond dereliction of duty and I guess verbal treason. I get bonked like this right after my late-arrival boss HoS showed up to the chapel like 15 minutes into this whole chapel thing. I do some religious zealotry RP and tell em to buzz off with a stun and disposals combo, and the "what the fuck are you doing?" comes in. As I'm replying to the bwoink the HoS kills me SSD for these crimes. I'm still not upset. It's the ending where I find out of the two admins adipem was the one doing the miracles on me and the other disciples after the crewmate ascended to a wizard. You were there, you caused this, and then you hit me with "what the fuck are you doing?" Do I even need to explain this? If this opener to a bwoink was meant to be lighthearted, big fucking fail.

I put a lot of time into this post, but it's a drop compared to my time on Manuel. I love Manuel and so very many of the players I see on a regular basis. I don't want to feel disliked or as if I am on eggshells by the admins I see in adminwho the most. I believe that a bwoink should be neutral, deescalating, investigatory, and just. I've included in this post examples of instead bias, verbal retaliation, and assumptions. While the decorum of TG admins is generally fucking incredible in my opinion, stuff like this is so jarring to me personally. I'm so invested in the people and I enjoy the game so much for other reasons too. I just feel stuck bottling up admin interactions like these, or the bmon post, or the example with anne I gave. I don't use these forums really, but I hope this does some good. I think of SS13 as a grand real-time shared narrative, creating unpredictable stories with friends and strangers. The opposite would be something we do see too, a deep desire to be cruel and petty to others without consequence. I don't ever want to feel like I'm being punished for doing my best.
Sightld2
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Sightld2

Post by Sightld2 » #720984

t3hSurge wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:57 pm -I guess I can't see the admin policy page as a user-
Here you are https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Conduct

I was online during this ticket https://statbus.space/tgdb/tickets/223770/1
As a note, Admins are never required to answer any particular ahelp. I chose not to touch this because as presented it seemed like an IC Issue, but I didn't want to mark it that way incase anyone else online had a different opinion.

dendydoom
In-Game Head Admin
Byond Username: Dendydoom

Post by dendydoom » #720986

hello, i'd just like to let you know that this feedback has been received and i've been going through it personally with the tickets mentioned.

there are a lot of factors that go into why an admin might do something, just like with why a player might do something or respond in a certain way. this takes time to go through and it does no one any good to pass over important context and details.

things that i find that could be done better will likely lead to a conversation/discussion, either open among the team or with individuals.

this is clearly something that has stressed you out a lot. aside from what has happened here i hope you are looking after yourself. the space game is frustrating. it is a frustration simulator. nearly everyone who plays needs to take a break to disengage from all the little problems that build up so that they can reconnect with why they love the game.
MrStonedOne wrote:I always read dendy's walls of text
NSFW:
t3hSurge
Byond Username: T3hSurge

Post by t3hSurge » #720991

Sightld2 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 6:44 pm
t3hSurge wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:57 pm -I guess I can't see the admin policy page as a user-
Here you are https://tgstation13.org/wiki/Admin_Conduct
I was referring to directive link after reading this page before making my post. Nothing I'm talking about relates to really anything on the admin conduct wiki page so I'd assume it's in that directives link that leads to viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9987

The only relevant thing I see is "Maintain professional conduct both in game and outside of the game." That's so broad you could argue anything with it, and I wouldn't describe any tg admin I've ever seen as "unprofessional". The struggle is bottling up these sour interactions. My options are to go to the forums, and make a big, long stink about an admin that is otherwise good. As mentioned, a previous attempt was stonewalled for formatting and location, for a forum I don't really use. I end up feeling like there's no reasonable path of escalation or outlet. I either move on, trying to avoid resentment and hoping they have none but not knowing, or I have to spend a bunch of time making mountains out of mole hills calling people out. I'm clearly looking for in-between too. Two of my examples request an independent 3rd party to no avail, and it's not like you can ahelp an ahelp.