Teamkilling Uncooperative Teammates For Critical Items/Time

TheWulfe
Byond Username: TheWulfe

Teamkilling Uncooperative Teammates For Critical Items/Time

Post by TheWulfe » #304866

So this regrettable situation came up in a round I was in:

We were Clockcult and the main tier-objective left was to convert the AI and the shuttle timer was ticking around 2ish minutes, so naturally I had to get to the AI satellite. Equipped with a guardian for turrets and proselytizer for any depowered/bolted doors, I head off into the AI satellite tunnel only to find the tunnel was deconstructed and/or destroyed by meteors. Naturally the only way on now is via suit or the teleporter. Since the teleporter was half a station away, with a bunch of variables like 'Is the AI sat an atmospheric hellhole after meteors?' and 'Hacking into the teleporter in the public halls is dangerous if security lurks', I opted to go for the engi suits first which is in the same room.

All the engineering hardsuits were taken, but there's a fellow hardsuited Clockcultist engineer dicking about the engine in our time of need, perfect! So I'm jumping, screaming, begging, and pleading with the engineer for his hardsuit, telling him I got the stuff needed for venturing into the AI satellite to finish the mission as I watch the time ticking down and I'm staring at the guy taking his jolly sweet time basically telling me lolno. The other engineer refused to hand over his hardsuit and he was about to run and fuck off and luckily slipped on freon. I ordered my Guardian to kill him to get the hardsuit.

Unfortunately, I was never able (or would be able) to accomplish my goal since there was a full on metagaming metafriending Hulk powergame group, but that's another story.

Of course, Policy Discussion is not about a round's incident, but it's good to have an example in context. This is the General Policy question raised:

Is it OK to teamkill uncooperative teammates if your team's goal is at stake, especially if there's critical time as a factor?
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Re: Teamkilling Uncooperative Teammates For Critical Items/T

Post by kevinz000 » #304870

At that point I'd recommend ahelping.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #304872

I've ahelped uncooperative teammates and they tend to get dealt with. If it's bad enough I stun/cuff them as a temp solution or kill 'em as a last resort.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #304886

Only if you're okay if they dunk you and throw you into the engine
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #304890

Yes,team antags are allowed to do whatever they want as long as it furthers their team objective.

Of course you have to be pretty sure that cucking someone is actually helping.....
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #305004

kevinz000 wrote:At that point I'd recommend ahelping.
That is assuming there is time for that

In that particular incident I was the marauder, and yeah, the only reason I agreed to kill the other cultist was the time factor. we had 2 minutes until the shuttle got there, and then another 2 to try and complete our objective.

I the time factor is what made this ok in my book. if there was no time factor then killing him would have been a real dick move.
lumipharon
TGMC Administrator
Byond Username: Lumipharon

Post by lumipharon » #305010

I've killed team mates before and retroactively given the blessing by admins.

Of course this is for situations where they're explicitly being fucking retarded and hindering the team in a severe way, and so they're covered by rule 4 or whichever it is that says team antags cant dick over their team mates - even if they're not intending to do it, if they're just that dumb or stupid, it still applies.

What you've described in the OP seems to fit into this pretty well, although I guess I would just beat him up rather then kill him if possible, but eh.
Reece
Byond Username: Reece1995

Post by Reece » #305451

I've only ever killed a teammate if they have really needed to die.

IIRC the only time was on Nuke Ops where the guy kept trying to beat the TL to death because they didn't want to go loud (the team and Team leader didn't, he did.) first few times just tableslammed him, then after he brought a gun and spouted threats i dumped a clip of stetchkin into his skill and tossed him into the bathroom.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #305459

if they are being a uncooperative shit head and denying their entire team greentext for no real reason then yes you are very much allowed to shoot them.

if a admin bans you for it please post on the fourms about it i'll have them lashed to a cross for their crimes
Bill Rowe - Used for everything // SYS-OP - AI // SYS-USR - Cyborg
https://gyazo.com/07cbe7219ba24366c1f655ad6c56a524

Signature Content:
Spoiler:
Offical In-Game rank:

TechnoAlchemist wrote:you where always right john, you where always right
>implying the admin conspiracy wasen't just confirmed by a admin.
see, i told you motherfuckers.
NikNakFlak wrote:this isn't a game you can't just post whenever you want
I don't even know what the fuck tg is.

PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #305637

If somebody's actively working against your team, such as deliberately releasing plasma when it wouldn't be beneficial at all, feel free to shoot them. It's kind of like crew killing crew when one person's being exceptionally shit.

I've killed lesser revs as revhead before when they started being retarded, for example cloning the captain "TO KILL THEM TWICE LOL" or beating a separate revhead "BECAUSE HE STOLE MY SUNGLASSES AND HE FLASHED ME AND DIDNT GIVE THE GLASSES BACK"
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #305722

Reece wrote:I've only ever killed a teammate if they have really needed to die.

IIRC the only time was on Nuke Ops where the guy kept trying to beat the TL to death because they didn't want to go loud (the team and Team leader didn't, he did.) first few times just tableslammed him, then after he brought a gun and spouted threats i dumped a clip of stetchkin into his skill and tossed him into the bathroom.
I was in a round like this where two ops were fighting over going loud and when one died he ended up right next to me blowing my arm off for the whole round. If you are being such a cunt as an op you need to be killed you should turn it off in your prefs
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #305747

Nilons wrote:
Reece wrote:I've only ever killed a teammate if they have really needed to die.

I was in a round like this where two ops were fighting over going loud and when one died he ended up right next to me blowing my arm off for the whole round. If you are being such a cunt as an op you need to be killed you should turn it off in your prefs
Emergent gameplay.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #305832

the only problem with killing ops is explosive implant
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #305839

Killing teammates because they're not following the most efficient line of action isn't emergent gameplay, it's play2win bullshit.

I miss Dante Smith who would just leave everyone behind and solo the disk+nuke in 2 minutes.
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #305955

Grazyn wrote:Killing teammates because they're not following the most efficient line of action isn't emergent gameplay, it's play2win bullshit.

I miss Dante Smith who would just leave everyone behind and solo the disk+nuke in 2 minutes.
Sitting behind on the Syndicate shuttle isn't much fun either while one guy solo missions to get the nuke disc; where maybe you can shoot people while the nuke is on countdown but there's not much point to do so. It's also Play2Win but a different brand of it.
Freedom
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #305956

TehSteveo wrote:
Grazyn wrote:Killing teammates because they're not following the most efficient line of action isn't emergent gameplay, it's play2win bullshit.

Sitting behind on the Syndicate shuttle isn't much fun either while one guy solo missions to get the nuke disc; where maybe you can shoot people while the nuke is on countdown but there's not much point to do so. It's also Play2Win but a different brand of it.
>tfw my arm got blown off and the admin said it happened naturally so I had to deal with it

What a shitty round
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes