Simple Questions Thread

General SS13 Chat
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Re: Simple Questions Thread

Post by MrEousTranger » #301299

Bottom post of the previous page:

What actually is "tabling" and how would one "table" another?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #301309

>being this new
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #301311

answer the question or shut the fuck up you pussy bitch
MrEousTranger wrote:What actually is "tabling" and how would one "table" another?
the process of, most frequently through quickgrabbing someone, grabbing someone aggressively/by the neck and placing them on a table to quickly disarm them in combat.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #301332

I miss quick-tabling and tactical tables
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #301587

MrEousTranger wrote:What actually is "tabling" and how would one "table" another?
Holy fuck
MrEousTranger
Byond Username: Mr.EousTranger

Post by MrEousTranger » #301619

Ikr been here a year and doesn't know what tabling is.

Fag

Oh wait
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #301625

nsos wrote:answer the question or shut the fuck up you pussy bitch
it's "simple questions" not "ask a question and get judged"
Limey wrote:its too late.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #301670

DemonFiren wrote:>being this new
you fucking dumb ligger
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #301718

oranges wrote:
DemonFiren wrote:>being this new
you fucking dumb ligger
i'm right, though
you literal fruit

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #301817

Is plasma fist still in the game?
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #301838

calzilla1 wrote:Is plasma fist still in the game?
unfortunately
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #301916

Can you disarm flashbangs with a screw driver?
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #301917

Nilons wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:Is plasma fist still in the game?
unfortunately
Not op!
Swindly
Byond Username: Swindly

Post by Swindly » #301921

calzilla1 wrote:Can you disarm flashbangs with a screw driver?
No.
Limski
Byond Username: Limski

Post by Limski » #301933

are traps gay?
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #301942

Limski wrote:are traps gay?
y
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #302067

This isn't a question but rather, an answer in anticipation of a question. The difference between the various pumps:-
  • Gas Pump - Bog-standard pump. Great for precise levels and can pump up to a maximum pressure of 4500 kPA. Doesn't handle high pressures well and is slower than the other pump.
  • Volume Pump - Like its name suggests, pumps via volume rather than going for pressure with its maximum output of 200l/s being equivalent to 9000kPA. A volume pump is great for anything where precision is not needed (like the waste pipes).
  • Passive Gate - This isn't really a pump but most people don't understand it very well. A passive gate doesn't pump like the other examples, but rather, it only lets a certain amount of pressure through. So if you set it to 1500kPA, only that amount of pressure will be able to pass through it. You can think of it as a digital valve that only works one way. Maximum pressure of 4500 kPA.
Also a side note on heat exchangers. Heat exchangers equalize the temperature between two pipe networks without actually mixing the gasses, so set two up to face each other and they'll do their best to equalise pressure. As an example of how you can use them, you can use them to make a cold, isolated space loop filled with gas and have them exchange heat with the waste line to make the waste loop cold without actually making it go through space.

Actually, now that I've typed this out, I'm wondering if you can use freon and heat exchangers as a replacement for freezers in cryogenics.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #302120

Anonmare wrote: Actually, now that I've typed this out, I'm wondering if you can use freon and heat exchangers as a replacement for freezers in cryogenics.
You can chug cryoxidone and stand on a space tile and get healed, it doesnt matter where the cold comes from, just that the body temp gets low enough. so yeah, heat exchanger cooling works.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #302242

actually a fun fact, chugging cryox and then going into space allows you to survive when you're in space.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #302595

Anonmare wrote:What's everyone's favourite SM gas mixes?

I personally use 66% N2O and 33% O2 as I've found it a good compromise between power and stability. I know there are more power efficient mixes though, there was one guy who made this complicated mix but I don't remember what the percentages were but it had CO2, plasma, O2 and N2O and he got some really incredible power outage with full room temp plasma tanks.
If the Freon dissipation is still disabled, then Freon Breeding Reactor. Freon + energy = more freon. How can you not love that?

Alternatively, I'll put some of the mixes I came up with when coding this nonsense. Keep in mind, I have not played in a month or two or three because I'm kinda busy so they might work slightly different since you guys changed the processing speed so keep that in mind.

Low pressure, pure oxygen: Low pressure mixes do stuff a bit differently, and a lot of people overlook them. Due to the very low amounts of oxygen in the chamber, the plasma waste will actually end up making up a significant percentage of the mix count as plasma. So depending on how little gas you have in the chamber and how fast you siphon it, you might end up with 10%-60% plasma in the mix, even though you're running a pure oxygen setup. And that's extremely power efficient and extremely easy to cool. However, if the vents ever get clogged or if you move the gas too slowly, this mix goes bad extremely fast.

High Pressure, warm 50% N2O and 50% Oxygen: This is a good mix to learn hot setups. You want to run this at around 3x the amount of K that room temperature is, whatever that amount is. How do you keep this setup just warm enough but not too warm and not too cold? That's for you to figure out. Get creative and start repiping stuff. It is a very good idea to run this setup at high pressures, since those lose/gain heat much slower which makes it much easier to keep a consistant temperature.

20% CO2, 80% N2: A good starting point for the charge inertia chain reactions. Why would you run this as a non traitor? I don't know, plenty of CEs ran stage 4 singulos too. It's dangerous. It's fun. It makes stupid amounts of powers and kills everyone if you make a tiny mistake. Consider turning off some emitters for this setup. If you manage to get CO2 high, you might even want to turn off all emitters, since the crystal will produce just enough from its own heat. By the way, too much power damages the crystal directly, but you can stabilize that to a certain point by cooling the crystal enough so even these setups can end up stable.

70% Plasma, 30% CO2: Probably the weirdest setup, it resembles an oversized turbine. You cannot run this with the normal chamber, you have to move stuff around and replace some walls with spacetiles and possibly add other venting methods. The idea is that you mix this in atmos and then pipe it into the supermatter chamber. It creates absurdly high amounts of waste gas so you will want to vent it straight into space.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #307434

Whats the best grenade you can make that's not overly complicated?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #307437

Probably nitroglycerin. All you need is a lot of corn and a grinder
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #307439

What's the point of finding a good sm setup when the beginner setup easily provides enough power for the station
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #307441

You're not a real engineer until you construct an excessively powerful, needlessly dangerous engine that produces far more power than anyone will ever use in the history of ever.

I remember CEs of old who would make it a project of theirs to contain a stage 4 Singularity or have a dual engine. Or a dual stage 4 engine.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #307445

Anonmare wrote:You're not a real engineer until you construct an excessively powerful, needlessly dangerous engine that produces far more power than anyone will ever use in the history of ever.

I remember CEs of old who would make it a project of theirs to contain a stage 4 Singularity or have a dual engine. Or a dual stage 4 engine.
I really miss the singularity engine. The SM engine is why I stopped playing engineer.
Muncher21
Byond Username: Muncher21

Post by Muncher21 » #307544

AdAstraPerAspera wrote: I really miss the singularity engine.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #307573

tacolizard wrote:What's the point of finding a good sm setup when the beginner setup easily provides enough power for the station
what's the point of doing anything but hiding in a locker until the shuttle arrives and then getting onto an escape pod
Limey wrote:its too late.
tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #307637

Qbopper wrote:
tacolizard wrote:What's the point of finding a good sm setup when the beginner setup easily provides enough power for the station
what's the point of doing anything but hiding in a locker until the shuttle arrives and then getting onto an escape pod
whats the point of life
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #307812

tacolizard wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
whats the point of life
What's the point

tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #307870

calzilla1 wrote:
tacolizard wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
whats the point of life
What's the point

Definition of point
a (1) : an individual detail : item (2) : a distinguishing detail tact is one of her strong points
b : the most important essential in a discussion or matter missed the whole point of the joke
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #307941

tacolizard wrote:
calzilla1 wrote:
tacolizard wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
whats the point of life
What's the point

Definition of point
a (1) : an individual detail : item (2) : a distinguishing detail tact is one of her strong points
b : the most important essential in a discussion or matter missed the whole point of the joke
As long as there have been spessmens and they have lived, they have all felt the tragic ambiguity of their condition, but as long as there have been assistants and they have greytided, most of them have tried to mask it.

if you can id the original source on that i'll be your friend
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #308352

how the fuck do you get more flashes for borgs. Neither the exosuit fabricator, protolathe nor autolathe have flashes.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #308355

if I went to an adam sandler movie and waited for a really terrible joke before blowing my brains out do you think id make national news?
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #308357

tacolizard wrote:how the fuck do you get more flashes for borgs. Neither the exosuit fabricator, protolathe nor autolathe have flashes.
I think the exosuit fabricator can make them with high enough tech levels.
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #308360

tacolizard wrote:how the fuck do you get more flashes for borgs. Neither the exosuit fabricator, protolathe nor autolathe have flashes.
Tell R&D to do their job and you'll be able to make more. Flashes got made to require research for some godawful reason.

If that fails, you can harvest two from the HoPline and outside security access with a pair of wirecutters. Or tell an engie borg to bring you the sec-vend and hack it to be all access so you can vend your own flashes
XDTM
Github User
Byond Username: XDTM
Github Username: XDTM

Post by XDTM » #308366

Anonmare wrote:
Tell R&D to do their job and you'll be able to make more. Flashes got made to require research for some godawful reason.

If that fails, you can harvest two from the HoPline and outside security access with a pair of wirecutters. Or tell an engie borg to bring you the sec-vend and hack it to be all access so you can vend your own flashes
They're in the exofab only to be precise, don't ask them to print it from the protolathe. There may also be a cargo crate with flashes, but i'm not sure.
a.k.a. Duke Hayka

Coder of golems, virology, hallucinations, traumas, nanites, and a bunch of miscellaneous stuff.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #310689

What's the secret of the doublefry technique, and how can I learn it?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #310698

Foolish childe, your blasphemous questions profane this holy ground. Seek the chef and beg for their forgiveness and he might pity a sorry whelp like you.

Just be a chef fam
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #310701

I was a chef. Not even latejoin, roundstart chef. Still got the "puny mortal this is way above you" message.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #310848

Doublefrying was removed entirely so goofball could get the fryers merged at all
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #310850

Now I wonder how powerful doublefrying was meant to be if it was actually stopping the PR from being merged
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #310852

Grazyn wrote:Now I wonder how powerful doublefrying was meant to be if it was actually stopping the PR from being merged
why don't you take a bite of my deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried deep fried glass shards and get back to me?
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #311662

Chef's cant doublefry.
Literally no-one can.

Code: Select all

if(istype(I, /obj/item/weapon/reagent_containers/food/snacks/deepfryholder))
		to_chat(user, "<span class='userdanger'>Your cooking skills are not up to the legendary Doublefry technique.</span>")
		return
私は完璧
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #311666

Remie Richards wrote:Chef's cant doublefry.
Literally no-one can.

Code: Select all

if(istype(I, /obj/item/weapon/reagent_containers/food/snacks/deepfryholder))
		to_chat(user, "<span class='userdanger'>Your cooking skills are not up to the legendary Doublefry technique.</span>")
		return
there's a method

not like ill tell you though
Remie Richards
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #311669

I don't believe you in the slightest.
The code doesn't lie.

If you mean frying a container of deep fried food that's not doublefry at all.
私は完璧
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #311679

the code doesn't lie
but neither does it tell the truth

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #311704

You can spam fried fried fried fried in the name by frying something, adding it to a custom base food like bread, then fry the bread and repeat ad libitum. Fried food always becomes small enough to be added to a base.
Remie Richards

Post by Remie Richards » #311720

Ah but see, again, you're not deep frying it again, you're just deep frying a container it's inside of (for example, I considered cheese my do it because of cheese wheel nuke disk memes)
But yes the name thing should be fixed.

just a simple if(findtext(name, "fried")) return or some such.
私は完璧
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #311722

I remember the stories of when Flukes were flummoxed by the cheese wheel strat as e-swords were unable to cut cheese wheels (they actually ended up putting their swords inside the cheese)
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #311723

disk in cheese wheels in boxes in backpacks in bag of holding in a locker full of bags of holding in a room full of lockers is the best misdirection strat
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #311744

Disk in a wallet, in a box full of wallets, in a briefcase full of boxes, in a BoH full of briefcases in a locker full of BoHs. Said locker is ID-locked, welded, double-parked, anchored and underneath an active AI core within the AI Upload which is reinforced with max security, bolted, welded doors and turrets set to lethal with the turret control panel placed on the inside.