Krusvik - Yakumo Chen - Button Spam

Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Krusvik - Yakumo Chen - Button Spam

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #312263

Byond account and character name: YakumoChen
Admin: Krusvik
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred: Bagil, Round 72412, 4:16 Server Time Jun 26
Detailed summary:
Cult Round.
Kruvisk immediately pressed the Space Dust, Meteors (meat), and Morph button. Round immediately went into chaos. The armoury nearly was eaten minutes into the shift (it was killed only a milisecond before it escaped into the vent). Crew were laying alien weeds everywhere.
The shuttle was called ASAP by me, because there was only three security (one of which was killed minutes in) and cult had constructs that couldn't easily be dealt with.
Crew angered by the fast call (keep in mind by this point science was completely locked down and an obvious cult base) threatened to lay alien eggs among other things (because they got stuff from the meaty ores), further increasing the entropy of the round to a breaking point. I was at my last nerve because I had no idea what other buttons admins had pressed and was assuming every antag button and every event button.

Cult slaughtered security, but not before it was too late for the shuttle to come.

Button pressing for late-round events is really, really terrible, especially on a low-sec conversion round which is already guaranteed to be miserable for security. If the morph had gotten away with the armoury, it would have been honestly have been completely hopeless. Button pressing needs to be toned down, and Krusvic seems to tamper with rounds doing it very often.
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Re: Krusvik - Yakumo Chen - Button Spam

Post by imblyings » #312292

ok we'll look into it, just waiting on krusvik unless you want to expand on 'seems to tamper with rounds doing it very often'.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #312320

I was in this round, I joined shortly after roundstart (less than a minute I think) and the only job slots available were assistant and janitor (of which there were at least 4). The station was called Custodial Training Station or something like that. Maybe it was supposed to be an event, but there was never an announcement or anything to say what was going on and it was kind of a mess.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #312326

Ive personally been in alot of krusviks events. Especially when im on the receiving end of getting fucked. If your only complaint is boohoo an admin pressed a button and the round ended faster than normal i think you need to step back and relax. Its a game. Have fun.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #312328

well having fun is kinda impossible if the round gets fucked to hell and back by facerolling
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #312377

Well there was Krusvik naming the station Custodial station something, so I'm not sure if this was just some poorly executed event with no checking of antags. Didn't seem like much communication in asay at the time so I dunno what's going on.
John_Oxford
Github User
Byond Username: John Oxford
Github Username: JohnOxford

Post by John_Oxford » #312407

as someone who only plays two or three times every week.

krusvik is the admin who does this the least, i'd vouch for him being much better than most admins when it comes to button mashing.
bman
Github User
Byond Username: Basilman
Github Username: Militaires

Post by bman » #312472

i havent seen krus do it once and i play often.
Krusvik
Byond Username: Krusvik

Post by Krusvik » #312547

Tragically, I was unable to fully realize the event due to be dragged away from my computer as soon as I started. It wasn't ideal for anyone.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #312565

John_Oxford wrote:as someone who only plays two or three times every week.

krusvik is the admin who does this the least, i'd vouch for him being much better than most admins when it comes to button mashing.
This complaint is about a specific round, not about him doing it in general. STOP THIS PEANUT POSTING
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #312567

Alipheese wrote:Ive personally been in alot of krusviks events. Especially when im on the receiving end of getting fucked. If your only complaint is boohoo an admin pressed a button and the round ended faster than normal i think you need to step back and relax. Its a game. Have fun.
See my above post
imblyings

Post by imblyings » #312573

Not too actionable but krusvik is reminded to wait for or force an extended round before doing events, since it can get hectic during cult.

If an admin has to leave mid-event, it may be worth giving other admins a quick rundown on what's going on so even if they don't want to continue the event they can resolve anything from it that comes up without knowing what's going on.