Post by ColonicAcid » #30411

Rip in peace /nt/station.

you will be missed.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: ;_;7

Post by peoplearestrange » #30448

Indeed, a great testing ground and brought a lot of really interesting ideas to the code. Hopefully the coders will apply some NT stuff to the TG code. (I guess a lot of things have started already, e.g. Drones)
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Jalleo
Byond Username: Jalleo

Post by Jalleo » #30492

peoplearestrange wrote:Indeed, a great testing ground and brought a lot of really interesting ideas to the code. Hopefully the coders will apply some NT stuff to the TG code. (I guess a lot of things have started already, e.g. Drones)

The final solution to the glazing over of not enough additions almost break a community in two and create a second codebase. How many more things could of gone wrong. Let us allcnow focus on making the game code far better and faster. The new features are the biggest push for this.
MrSnapwalk
Byond Username: MrSnapwalk

Post by MrSnapwalk » #30739

Hey folks. I'd like to express my gratitude to all the folks in #nanobus, all the contributors on GitHub, and of course the Artyom playerbase for making /NT/station and Artyom a great project. It's sad to see this codebase go, but I hope that the innovations we made here serve the rest of the Space Station 13 community well. Also, don't forget - if you ever want to have a quick chat with the Nanofriends, stop by #nanobus on Rizon. We're still hanging out there!
~~2014 - 2014~~
Petethegoat wrote:we need to procedurally generate asses so they can actually be used as evidence
JStheguy wrote:Being a closet serial killer is not polite, helpful, truthful, or clean.
I am the last of the moderators for the /NT/station subforums. Please don't PM me any questions, comments, or complaints, because there is nothing I can do about them.
Jordie0608
Site Admin
Byond Username: Jordie0608
Github Username: Jordie0608

Post by Jordie0608 » #30772

I feel I should point out that Artyom closing down doesn't mean the code project is dead, you can still develop it and find another server to host it from.
Forum Admin
Send me a PM if you have any issues, concerns or praise of fishfood to express about the forums.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #30781

This project created one server and by the time it ended killed two.
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
Nienhaus
Byond Username: Nienhaus2

Post by Nienhaus » #30783

Jordie0608 wrote:I feel I should point out that Artyom closing down doesn't mean the code project is dead, you can still develop it and find another server to host it from.
Considering we don't actually have a maintainer besides Remie who is now doing it for Coderbus, no it's dead. This is me calling it.
Hey.
Psyentific
Byond Username: Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #30788

When can we bring back Sibyl2?
I haven't logged into SS13 in at least a year.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #30790

Lovecraft wrote:This project created one server and by the time it ended killed two.
No, thats dishonest, the forum split and a drop in players killed basil. Don't make this a place to take out your anger on basils death.

Lets just focus on this
MrSnapwalk wrote:Hey folks. I'd like to express my gratitude to all the folks in #nanobus, all the contributors on GitHub, and of course the Artyom playerbase for making /NT/station and Artyom a great project. It's sad to see this codebase go, but I hope that the innovations we made here serve the rest of the Space Station 13 community well. Also, don't forget - if you ever want to have a quick chat with the Nanofriends, stop by #nanobus on Rizon. We're still hanging out there!
:+1:
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #31215

Thanks for making chef more fun with custom food and freeing botonists to grow whatever they want and not be griefing the poor chef. Screw the recipe system, 5 different growns to make a generic looking stew no one outside service would get excited about.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31217

Psyentific wrote:When can we bring back Sibyl2?
>Midday, thursday, late september
>~60 people on Sibyl
>Evening, friday/saturday
>70-80 people on Sibyl

We actually do have enough people for Sibyl2. Just take down Basil, toss up Sibyl2 on Ye Grande Olde Metastation. Or Box. The biggest reason basil isn't getting players is because Basil's ded and also Mini is awful. Push it past 15 on off-hours and 20-25 on primetime and I'll be satisfied.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #31264

i still never understood the hate but hey oh well
this was gonna happen anyway, sibyl is just too overpopulated for there to be any sustainable playerbase
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #31376

Fuck you all you never appreciated me

socks will be on /tg/ code by the end of the year mark my words
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Nienhaus

Post by Nienhaus » #31395

paprika wrote:Fuck you all you never appreciated me

socks will be on /tg/ code by the end of the year mark my words
Who said I didn't appreciated you? You annoyed me sometimes(aka like most people) but you were normally pretty nice to me.
Hey.
miggles

Post by miggles » #31448

paprika you did a shit load of work for NT and i really appreciated that
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #31506

#2 will be reborn in a flurry of flames and it'll shine in the sky like a phoenix.

if only we changed the map from ministation to metastation.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #31516

I actually did all the work on NT so HBL wouldn't ban me for trolling OOC every time I played

It was all pretty half-assed anyway but I do plan on porting a lot of the shit I put on NT to /tg/ once I clean up the code significantly. Like the manifest for example, it's going to need a lot of work before /tg/ can use it because of how bay handles their jobs.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles

Post by miggles » #31599

i kind of abandoned the project over the summer in case anyone couldnt tell, but i never said anything because i really hoped i would have a reason to come back
whether or not that contributed to the death of artyom, i dont know, though i didnt really do much aside from merge things
remie did a much better job of that
earlier in the year if you had told me artyom would die in like 7 months i would be like "no im going to prevent that from happening" but now i just dont really care
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #31673

Remie should have always been a /tg/ maintainer and I'm glad remie being brought on as a maintainer made giacom fuck off too this is pretty much the best of both worlds. Also, this might not come as a surprise, but pretty much everyone knew that NT would die pretty quickly. It was a great way to test out code for /tg/ especially with highly experimental projects though and teach new people like me to get into coding. All the bugs I caused like invisible stechkin mags really taught me to triplecheck shit for the good of the server and being active in changing shit that people complained about was fun as hell and really rewarding even if it meant i played less.

NT was born out of erro drama and associated with him and some kind of 'rebellion' which wasn't really what it was. But it was always gonna be like that anyway.

If Metacide ever comes back and updates metastation on /tg/ code for basil I'm sure the sybil 2 regulars will gravitate towards it again, no worries. /tg/ is getting progressively less popular with the drama but I think it's going through kind of a painful transitional period where the admin policies are being looked at again and new administration is being brought on to help shape it. There's a lot of evidence for that with the grey tide, murderbone, and character naming policy discussions going on right now.
Psyentific

Post by Psyentific » #31707

And honestly, I'm pretty happy with the direction /tg/ is going. I've always been a proponent of "back to the roots", in its various forms and my various ways. The closer we, as a community, can get and stay to /tg/, the better.
miggles

Post by miggles » #31733

i dont really think tg is getting any closer to its roots but thats not relevant

also, giacom left? i didnt know. and because of remie? win/win
Nienhaus

Post by Nienhaus » #31736

I kinda want to know the story of Giacom leaving.
Hey.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #31787

From what cheri told me, and this quote is going to be slightly wrong because I can't remember it well:
IRC+FaultyMemory wrote:Cheridan: Giacom threw a shitfit and said "he wasn't going to be maintaing your shit anymore"
It was me who asked a question before this so I assume "Your" refers to myself.
私は完璧
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Post by Tokiko2 » #32084

The whole drama associated with this was a real shame. Rip NT.

But more importantly: Rip Basil.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #32376

It'll be back.
Lovecraft
Byond Username: Rabukurafuto

Post by Lovecraft » #32435

How'll Basil be back?
Will it be the same?
Friendly reminder that you are beautiful and this server would be nothing without your continued support
I play August Finster, a suave midget with a grudge, as well as Francis Heart, the naked guitarist of the Cosmos.
Spoiler:
Nobody is worthless. PM me anytime to talk.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #32653

>get a new active map maker
>get a group of people who like playing on a fresh map instead of box
>circlejerk on lowpop and erp a lot
>???
>profit
miggles

Post by miggles » #32772

ban erp
Mat13295
Byond Username: Mat13295

Post by Mat13295 » #33807

>Implying that would do anything aside removing players who have a spessmen fucking fetish
MIggles pls
I don't even play here anymore, hue.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #33850

It's funny because right now people are complaining that Coderbus doesn't merge any player suggestions and I'm like, We had something for that guys.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

miggles

Post by miggles » #33876

Mat13295 wrote:>Implying that would do anything aside removing players who have a spessmen fucking fetish
MIggles pls
um yeah thats the point
Mat13295
Byond Username: Mat13295

Post by Mat13295 » #33901

Which is what? 2 or 3 players tops? Really Miggles plz, you aren't going to get anything out of it besides losing the hilarity that is admin fuckery with erpers.
I don't even play here anymore, hue.
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #35082

which gets old after the the second time said admin spawns pie splashes/corgis/bears/crabs/whatever.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #35096

computer, load up celery man please