Byond Username: Repukan

[Gouty] Repukan - Spicy Boys

Post by D&B » #323135

Byond account and character name: Repukan - Donatello Versus

Banning admin: Gouty

Ban type (What are you banned from?): 2 Day Server Ban

Ban reason and length: Reason: Attached in the picture

Time ban was placed (including time zone): Attached in the picture

Your side of the story: I and two other ops get selected for bombardment. We buy our shit and board the nuke ship to raid the station and blow it up yadda yadda. After a long as fuck delay due to one not wanting to wear a hardsuit and another one trying to barter for penetrator rifle rounds, I send the shuttle and we prepare and leave. I bomb the armory, break into the brig, shoot down some assistant and the HoP, get the disk on the HoP body and return to the nuke op shuttle to find my fellow spicy boys haven't even left the shuttle.

I armhulenn the nuke, bring the disk and wait until the last 20 seconds before sending us back into the syndicate station. Once we finally hit the station, I set up a bomb core to explode at the same time as the nuke goes off, and we blow up exactly the same time, with only the animation delay slowing the text that showed our major victory.

Why you think you should be unbanned: The bomb I set up exploded at the same time as the round ended, and this can be seen by the Syndicate Major Victory result on round end.The only delay that caused the text not to scroll was the animation, and from the time the bomb exploded to until it the nuke exploded, the round was finished in all forms.We had won at that point, fuck, I had won the round for us at that point, and even timed it for us to explode at the same time. Yeah pre round grief is looked down upon, but if the nuke is already armed, with ten seconds left, the disk secured, sec disarmed and the heads unaware of what is going on, and the other ops didn't get a round stolen from them (none of the two even left the ship) what did really get stolen from them?

Furthermore, if I admit to doing something on purpose, I don't need you to state it as something else Gouty. I never lie in my ahelps and, as I said, I don't need you to do it for me. So please change the note or remove it to reflect what truly happened. And I said during the Ahelp convo that I timed it to explode at the same time. I never said that I maliciously planned for it to go before.
Attachments
vhgv.PNG
Gouty
Byond Username: Gouty

Re: [Gouty] Repukan - Spicy Boys

Post by Gouty » #323151

You seriously going to do me like this? After our long heartfelt talk (actually looking back at it now I can see you said you were going to appeal it).

OK well done for single handedly winning the nuke ops round, I can see you are very proud of yourself for that, but that has literally nothing to do with any of this.

You set off a bomb. It wasn't the same time as round end, round doesn't end until the fat lady sings (a.k.a when the end of round report comes up, 13 seconds after your bomb went off) in this end of round report you and your whole team were dead due to your actions.

I know you meant to do it, what I thought was that you wanted it to go off after the end of round report, so that's what I asked.

I asked you if you had intended to kill your entire team before the end of the round, to cut a long story short, you said yes. 2 people dead, 2 day ban.

I'm happy to change the ban description to something more straightforward, in fact I'll do that now. Edit: changed to "Killed 2 fellow operatives with an explosion before the round ended"

Complete log of our chat
Spoiler:
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #323196

Regardless of the circumstances of the round, we have a really strict policy of not doing round end griefing before the round end, which is when the text starts scrolling.

If you kill someone before the round end you can be held responsible for it. If we started giving inches people will try to take it to miles.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #323203

Making one player miss 2 days because two others missed 13 seconds seems very silly to me.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #323204

It honestly seems silly to ban for this when no one's round was impacted whatsoever in any meaningful way by it

you're taking someone out of the game for semantics, for christ sake.
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #323210

If people can start talking about the round in OOC when the animation plays I don't see why grief isn't allowed.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #323224

I'm unbanning you but the note is staying. I agree with the ban, but I disagree with the length considering they lost all of maybe 30 seconds. An hour or 15 minutes would have sufficed depending on if people were actually upset about this.

I cannot stress this enough, if you kill someone prior to the round end because the round is ending you WILL be held responsible.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current