Bottom post of the previous page:

I miss HG
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Tokiko2
Byond Username: Tokiko1

Re: Anything you miss?

Post by Tokiko2 » #324703

I miss the old gorrilas. They were super powered monkeys who could wreck everything, like a hulk except worse. You had a very rare chance to have your monkey turn into one of these when you did genetics things on it and it would break out of its machine and go on a rampage, killing anyone unlucky enough to be in medbay. And this was before cloning was a thing.
Yoshmaster
Byond Username: YOSHMASTER

Post by Yoshmaster » #324705

Why the hell were they removed? Wasn't it copyright issues or something
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #324712

danno wrote:I miss HG
yeah but why tho

i actually dont understand why anyone would ever remotely like hornygranny or muskets or anyone like that. they were a detriment to the server, in every possible way.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #324714

pubby wrote:I miss Saegrimr.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #324716

captain sawrge wrote:
NikNakFlak wrote:
Kor wrote:I'm being gaslighted by three of the most negative posters on the forums calling me too negative for not whining enough with them help
why is it so hard for you to admit that you are seriously negative about the game/policy
same reason you're still an admin
good one you got me
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #324750

Tokiko2 wrote:I miss the old gorrilas. They were super powered monkeys who could wreck everything, like a hulk except worse. You had a very rare chance to have your monkey turn into one of these when you did genetics things on it and it would break out of its machine and go on a rampage, killing anyone unlucky enough to be in medbay. And this was before cloning was a thing.
i've never even heard of this before but it sounds hilarious, readd NOW
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #324761

oldfag here, can confirm.

Originally, being a blob was like a virus. You'd start getting prompts very similar to the ones the Morph Syringe gives nowadays. You had a window of time to sabotage the crew against you. (killing power, spacing emitters, spending cargo points on junk, raiding the armoury, etc), and had to find a way to get into where you wanted to burst before you well... burst. It was the very first time I'd ever rolled antag, back when I was a wee spessman, I remember suddenly bursting in the middle of medbay because I didn't know any better. It was either on yog or hippie at the time... I think Yog. And was immediately swarmed by engineers who were treating themselves for electrical burns.

It's really a superior blob. It adds a level of tactical play, and creates urgency for trying to get where you wanted to be and sabotage what needed sabotaging before your timer runs out.
ImageImageImage
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #324790

Nah old blob was pretty awful lol.

It was always a complete stomp for either the crew or the blob. 90% of the time it was the crew. There was very little middle ground. There was never a tough battle to get to the blob and kill it just before it won, it was either killed as soon as it spawned because everyone and their mothers had eguns and welders or it took so long for the crew to get organised that the blob got too spread too fast.

The best bit about playing old blob was being part of the medical staff and having to go balls to the wall to try and get crit people out of the blobs grasps.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #324791

Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #324862

I miss seeing the ever looming singuloth or tesla with 10 balls bouncing around in the containment. Especially the singularity was iconic to spessmen. Much more fun than a piece of crystal that sometimes catches fire.

I miss telescience.

I miss NTSL.

I miss old mining.

I miss the memey gender reassignment surgery which sadly got removed with a speed merge for little reason.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #324869

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Tokiko2 wrote:I miss the old gorrilas. They were super powered monkeys who could wreck everything, like a hulk except worse. You had a very rare chance to have your monkey turn into one of these when you did genetics things on it and it would break out of its machine and go on a rampage, killing anyone unlucky enough to be in medbay. And this was before cloning was a thing.
i've never even heard of this before but it sounds hilarious, readd NOW
oranges wrote:Image

LOL'D
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #324881

Gorilla's with our current monkey AI would be batshit.

Why not just make them a hulk mutation on monkeys and somehow work the into monkey-mode?

Spoiler:
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #324946

This is literally the first time I hear about this.

Was this ever on tg?
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #324957

Yeah but waaaaaay long ago
1g88a
Byond Username: Ig88A

Post by 1g88a » #324971

I missed playing SS13 so I played a round yesterday as sec.
DEAD: ADMIN(Hornygranny) says, "you play in my universe, normie"
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #325027

CosmicScientist wrote: Saltfag here, I think tail end oldfag on oranges' metric.
I'm not even sure they were a game mode.

I don't think we even had blobbernauts, which is probably telling given how blob and spore have a reasonably similar sprite but the 'naut is quite detailed with hard lines and even has anthropomorphic features.
They were
Yep didn't have em
MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #325030

At least people are paying attention. I'd've been surprised if no one called me on that.
ImageImageImage
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #326132

I miss the singularity. SS13 is not the same without it and I have stopped playing since from a lack of interest. I deeply question the competency of designers removing such a FUN aspect in the game for MORE AUTISM that adds nothing but tedium.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #326136

i miss when not everyone fancied themself an expert on game design
Atticat
Byond Username: Atticat

Post by Atticat » #326220

I'm no expert, I'm not even an amature. I'm nothing, and even I can tell removing the singularity for a nerfed-down supermatter was a huge mistake and antithetical to the core chaos that makes SS13 such a blast to play.

Bae says, "IM starting to think Zeela is just an meme character that the admins have come up with to only piss everybody off"
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #326227

I mean, you can still very much build a singularity engine, it's not like it was removed as an option entirely. The singularity is a cool looking engine but has the mechanical depth of a shallow puddle with the maintenance being "can you keep the PA at 0". At least the SM gives you some variety in your gas mixes to switch between reliability/power production.

Not like that matters though, considering power generation is more of a binary switch of "either you have enough or you dont".
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #326250

I missed when people played games for fun instead of being whiny bitchy fucking sacks of shit

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #326274

CosmicScientist wrote:
I don't think we even had blobbernauts, which is probably telling given how blob and spore have a reasonably similar sprite but the 'naut is quite detailed with hard lines and even has anthropomorphic features.
What are you on?
The blobbernauts were a sprite by a VG spriter, and then coded for /tg/ by myself (as AI mobs, not the player driven cancer someone turned them into)
私は完璧
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #326275

Whose dick do I have to suck to get AI blobbernauts back? And to restore them to their god-given strength, not the pansy little shits they are now
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #326281

Alipheese wrote:I missed when people played games for fun instead of being whiny bitchy fucking sacks of shit
I think it's actually less bad now (on-server, anyways). People used to linger in deadchat after they died and whine endlessly basically every round, now they can just server hop or take one of the 10,000 ghost roles and be suddenly content.
Spoiler:
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #326291

As it stands, every round was antagonised by the looming threat of when someone would release the singularity and force a shuttle call. I think we have it in the right capacity right now - where it's still available, and the setup still exists, even, on certain maps, but it's not another way to end the round in 20 minutes.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #326296

I don't mind the super matter being the default engine, but having to order both the PA and old engine type from cargo can be a pain. I wish a crate of Tesla/Sing or PA could spawn in secure storage like a kind of maintenance loot. I miss the mechanical nature of setting up an engine. Checking all the parts were secure/active/wired. Cleaning out the containment area of garbage that could risk a breach. It felt... very engineer-y. The super matter is very much... tidier.
ImageImageImage
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #326480

I miss Jane-Luc Price, it was fun to see her crack and go full Stalin on the station.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #326540

PKPenguin321 wrote:
Alipheese wrote:I missed when people played games for fun instead of being whiny bitchy fucking sacks of shit
I think it's actually less bad now (on-server, anyways). People used to linger in deadchat after they died and whine endlessly basically every round, now they can just server hop or take one of the 10,000 ghost roles and be suddenly content.
whining in dchat is part of the experience though

you learn so much about people when they get killed and are in dchat.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #326620

ColonicAcid wrote:
PKPenguin321 wrote:
whining in dchat is part of the experience though

you learn so much about people when they get killed and are in dchat.
yeah that's true, also i miss being able to just shoot the shit with some of the calmer people in deadchat, the place is more often than not mostly empty now
Spoiler:
kosmos
Byond Username: Kingofkosmos

Post by kosmos » #327277

I miss when running speed was slower and bullets flew straight.

Now when you try to play as sec you can't land a taser shot on anyone let alone catch someone with a stunbaton UNLESS you live in the US and have <100 or so ping. Now we're back to the way older times when having a good ping was a huge part of being "robust", rather than being prepared and inventive.

An assistant can be absolutely no way prepared to fight a sec officer, they just have to wait for the sec to take out a weapon and rush, disarm, take his weapon and just bolt and they'll only be caught if they forget to conceal their identity when they're set to arrest.
Hatfish
Byond Username: Hatfish

Post by Hatfish » #348190

I miss asteroid mining, hearing ambispace every round and the feeling you get when you come back to the station and everything's gone to shit so you're forced to Isaac Clarke your way to a pod through space to avoid the xeno nest in arrivals.
calzilla1
Byond Username: Calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #348196

kosmos wrote: An assistant can be absolutely no way prepared to fight a sec officer, they just have to wait for the sec to take out a weapon and rush, disarm, take his weapon and just bolt and they'll only be caught if they forget to conceal their identity when they're set to arrest.
>Using the VIRGIN disarm and run and not the CHAD slip and strip
Life is too short for anything meaningful and too long for anything memeingful
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #348200

I miss tactical tabling
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #348205

Roleplay.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348329

Armhulen wrote:I'd like miners more if they weren't the away mission of 2017 with the silly amounts of broken loot they can get
That was a lot of the appeal of the mining roid for me. It was away from the station, but it was still in space and still accessible via spess travel.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #348330

Gamarr wrote:Roleplay.
weren't you one of the dipshit admins that whined incessantly about "metagangs" and drove all the roleplayers out
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #348335

captain sawrge wrote:
weren't you one of the dipshit admins that whined incessantly about "metagangs" and drove all the roleplayers out
weren't you one of the dipshit admins
Super Aggro Crag wrote: The best shitpost youll ever be responsible for will be your obituary.
Quality debate brought to you by ColonicAcid wrote:imagine having this little empathy

do you have autism bud? does your brain not see these people as humans? are they just a faceless statistic to you?
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #348368

calzilla1 wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:
weren't you one of the dipshit admins
Sawrge was in school at the time
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #348387

D&B wrote:
*teleports into thread*
cedarbridge wrote:
Armhulen wrote:I'd like miners more if they weren't the away mission of 2017 with the silly amounts of broken loot they can get
That was a lot of the appeal of the mining roid for me. It was away from the station, but it was still in space and still accessible via spess travel.
Roid mining was comfy when you wanted to autism but not be balls deep in the action. Not very appealing in general which is why the old meme of "no minerals ever" existed.
Oh well.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #348390

Saegrimr wrote:
D&B wrote:
*teleports into thread*
cedarbridge wrote:
Roid mining was comfy when you wanted to autism but not be balls deep in the action. Not very appealing in general which is why the old meme of "no minerals ever" existed.
Oh well.
That was more an issue of the poor lone miner heading off, getting slam jammed by a roid goliath because he didn't know about the sleep trick and dying without a word and with no hope anyone but telesci would save him. (by which time he probably got bored anyway and logged out.)

Reminds me. People who never did telesci can bitch about how it totally ruined the game in spite of having zero actual contact with it, but I really miss it. It was a bit of a loot pile with a pre-populated coordinates list and calculator, but I loved finding new and interesting ways to use it. Cap about to get dunked by ops? Grab em. Guy screams over comms about dying in maint? Grab them and the ling giving him the succ (then switch the z level and dump that fucking ling into space/burried in mining rock.) Build a cloner in telesci and grab every dead body everywhere on the station (with sensors on because only idiots and traitors would leave them off when I was running telesci.)

I miss pre-DNAscanner hydroponics.
I miss secborgs and running rings around said secborgs as an engieborg.

I hate to say it but I miss when the most devestating gear miners got was a jetpack and gibtonite.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #348504

I miss having stungloves on and trying to help somebody up only to shock them instead.
I also miss having people ask me ((hey im new to genetics can u give me link to wiki)) only to try and parasting me when they thought I was busy typing and shit.

Really though there is nothing I miss unironically. Maybe tactical chairs, but we have sandbags now so whatever. Game's getting better and better.

Oh actually no I miss the time when you could cut off tails and give forced sex change.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
calzilla1

Post by calzilla1 » #348548

You can still sever tails

Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #348555

Only thing I really miss is the slower movement speed we had for a while.

Honestly after all these years of playing ss13 I've come to realise that my view of the game and what I "miss" is more to do with the fact I've sunk thousands of hours into this game and that I've quite literally seen and done it all.

What truly defines a server I feel is the community playing it in the long term, and tgstations community has changed a lot since I started playing.
Whoisthere
Byond Username: Whoisthere

Post by Whoisthere » #348805

calzilla1 wrote:You can still sever tails
You can but apparently it's a big deal now for some reason.
Sad elegy
Highly suitable for use in funerals
PKPenguin321
Site Admin

Post by PKPenguin321 » #360687

>sort stories of awesome thread by author
>read a bunch of my old stories
>violent amounts of nostalgia
why can't we go back to being new again bros
Spoiler:
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #360691

PKPenguin321 wrote:why can't we go back to being new again bros
I'm living the dream right now I have no idea what half the new shit i've found does and i'm still finding new shit.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Drynwyn
Byond Username: Drynwyn

Post by Drynwyn » #360692

i miss my old snowman christmas avatar

lost my copy in a damn hard drive failure
In game, I play the A.I Firmware, the French cyborg C.U.R.I.E, Aubrie Allen, and the lizard scum Skulks-Through-Maintenance.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #360698

I liked being able to yell at coderbus, the invisible god in the sky, for dumb changes instead of knowing half the coders by name and knowing exactly which coder made the dumb change.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Hatterhat
Byond Username: Hatterhat

Post by Hatterhat » #360918

i miss R&D
techwebs are lame
Hi, I'm Harold Robinson. I shitpost verbally and textually. God has forsaken me.
Spoiler:
can i get a fucking uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh