The new clockwork - "revamp"

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

The new clockwork - "revamp"

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #324222

Warning may contain trace salt, if you have criticism allergies please avoid.

Laying out some simple facts

> If you are not a engineer main, you have even less to do on the station leading to a lot of fresh converts blankly staring into space not contributing because building takes forever and few people know how to actually clockcult as it is.

> The choke point chokes the game when clock gets their shit together to abuse how fast a welder can cut a wall versus how fast it takes to repair it making it impossible to progress if cultists build 1 wall around the anticipated chokepoint, spam AOE spells when the girders appear and give LOS to the attackers then repair the wall instantly.

Spoiler:
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Re: The new clockwork - "revamp"

Post by InsaneHyena » #324227

Oh no, how can you possibly break through a fortified position? If only there was some kind of a... Tool for destroying massive amounts of tiles.
Bring back papercult.

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #324235

Well considering the limited timeframe and you'd run out of charges without over-prepping more RCD ammo at exactly 6 walls divided by average player unrobustness, it still doesn't check out.

that and tower defence nerds are salivating over this shit with annoying patterns.
RE: Joan won't have to grudgecode anything because clockcult after finding their feet have been very successful, but does this relay over to = balance?

Spoiler:
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #324240

I'm doing some stuff as we speak to change how it's playing, currently; the spawn room is being enlarged by roughly 6 times its current size (one 5x5 room is turning into three 7x7 rooms), and the Ark will require ten minutes instead of five.

As for servants being unable to help without knowing how to build, building as a servant is both simple and quick. It takes little skill to learn and master, and if you can't decide on a base layout, then chances are that you can plan with your teammates and get something decided on. Because both construction materials and components are fairly available, the only limit is your imagination. If building is absolutely something you don't want to do, then the Reebe z-level will provide you with the tools to contribute in other meaningful ways, such as sabotaging the station or creating new converts.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #324241

Don't worry, this will probably die during mid development
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #324247

The area really should have some randomly generated walls already in so it doesn't look like such an empty place.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #324284

I don't think the meta for this will settle in a good place.

I think it is going the exist of bomb spam.

Or thermite spam or blackpowder spam.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #324287

Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #324310

the ship idea is really cool in theory but in practice its all but a win condition in of itself for cult since its a massive, easily-defensible maze (that comes with wardens? not sure on this one) against a crew that a) might not even go into the portals in the first place and b)is often woefully underequipped even if they outnumber the culties.

as it stands now im personally leaning pretty heavily towards just repealing this and leaving it as it was.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #324311

it would be so much better if the cult doesn't go onstation i keep saying it because it's TRUE
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #324319

Armhulen wrote:it would be so much better if the cult doesn't go onstation i keep saying it because it's TRUE
Newclock is shit just because the clockcucks can leave the ark and start their own base on the station
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #324321

newcult was shit
newcuck is shit
who is surprised
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #324325

demonfiren is giving feedback on a mode first testmerged last night
demonfiren last connected three weeks ago
who is surprised
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #324326

Like it's enormously retarded to let the clocks go to the station. Think about it, command can either distribute all access and guns or not.

If they do, the crew is strong but if ONE cultist gets access or a gun, suddenly everything starts falling apart as they start shooting people dead and looting all the guns and metals and sabotaging shit left and right.

If they don't, the crew doesn't get shit to use against the clockcucks except what they can scrape together themselves like spears.

Either way the crew gets shafted. It's fucking stupid.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #324327

I feel the assault would be better if

-there are 4 "spawns" located N/S/E/W of the objective
-crewmembers are teleported randomly to each one

that way the cult has to build defenses for each direction instead of it just being d-day [whatever fucking year this game happens in]

I didn't see much of the pre assault stuff, though, so I won't comment on cultists going to the station

EDIT: forgot to add - I love the concept of building the base up off station and it makes me not want to commit suicide irl if I get converted, so I hope that it doesn't get kneejerked out right away and xhius gets a chance to fix it up

EDIT 2: also add more warnings re: time left please
Last edited by Qbopper on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Limey wrote:its too late.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #324328

There should be a series of (indestructible?) walls/empty rooms prebuilt and a big no mans land outside them, and the crew spawns in that no mans land/chooses where to enter the walls (and no building in the no mans land, keep the cultists inside with forcefields during setup

Bags of holding probably shouldnt work

Walls need to be in limited supply so they cant wall the entire base up

Not sure about the cultists on station half of things yet
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #324329

Kor wrote:demonfiren is giving feedback on a mode first testmerged last night
who is surprised
ligga i'm stating the obvious
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #324336

DemonFiren wrote:
who is surprised
shut up retard
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #324347

ShadowDimentio wrote:Like it's enormously retarded to let the clocks go to the station. Think about it, command can either distribute all access and guns or not.

If they do, the crew is strong but if ONE cultist gets access or a gun, suddenly everything starts falling apart as they start shooting people dead and looting all the guns and metals and sabotaging shit left and right.

If they don't, the crew doesn't get shit to use against the clockcucks except what they can scrape together themselves like spears.

Either way the crew gets shafted. It's fucking stupid.
That is the point of letting them on the station.

If there was no risk to handing out all access and guns then clock cult rounds would all go the same way, science rushes bombs and everyone is in armor and riot shotguns and the cult cant do anything armed with spears.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #324351

Kor wrote:There should be a series of (indestructible?) walls/empty rooms prebuilt and a big no mans land outside them, and the crew spawns in that no mans land/chooses where to enter the walls (and no building in the no mans land, keep the cultists inside with forcefields during setup

Bags of holding probably shouldnt work

Walls need to be in limited supply so they cant wall the entire base up

Not sure about the cultists on station half of things yet
Was there not plans to make a wall type that was easy to bread down manually but would block all explosions? I think that block is kind of required for the mode to work with toxins being a thing.

I agree about the bags of holding, singulos are lame, and remove the whole point of having people fight to the core.

on the subject of wall spam, would it be possible to require a path to the core room? make it like tower defense, the Ark HAS to have a path to it from the outgoing portal, that way they cant just spam walls.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #324356

make it so a clear path to the ark needs to exist, sanctuary style
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #324392

DemonFiren wrote:
who is surprised
time for MSO to add that rarely plays auto tag like he always threatened
danno
Byond Username: Dannno

Post by danno » #324402

>dumb liggerposter posting things of no value to anyone

what a shock
Hornygranny wrote: wtf i like danno now
I don't even play ss13 anymore, pretty much due to dannos stupid bullshit
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #324408

i personally enjoy newcult so far, it's a good change of pace and a lot of the fat has definitely been cut down within the slab, that being said, the cult just feels too powerful. being able to make a maze of mania motors, wardens and walls. like qbop suggested, making a randomized spawn point for the crew so you don't ACTUALLY know where they're gonna come from with the Ark centered in the middle of Reebe would probably be a good change. in addition, I think the amount of components cultists get is WAY to high. and it allows them to spam shit out, snowballing hard. reducing the number of caches that they start with would probably be a good idea too
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #324806

If this is how things are going to continue to be done I would say one issue is as people slowly come through the portals there is an insane amount of friendlyfire as people just assume anyone else already there is a cultist or you assume someone is a friendly but they turn out to be a cultist once you find they've fired several lasers into you.

I would suggest that while the countdown is active all cult members on the Ark are forced to wear cult armour.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Hulkamania
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Hulkamania

Post by Hulkamania » #325182

I honestly enjoy the direction the cult is going, people are just too harsh to criticize something that was being tested for these exact reasons.

That being said, I have an issue that reebe is this impregnable base that it is until the countdown starts. There's nothing stopping them from making unlimited preparations, it doesn't give the cult a sense of urgency in any way. I'm not sure what would best benefit this, but as it stands now there's no reason for the cult NOT to have a perfectly constructed base by the time the countdown begins. Maybe if they had to hunt for materials from the station? Maybe they can only generate components with a tinkerers cache on the station, it would give some counterplay to the crew while they're still in the setup stage and provide interesting decision making instead of "turtle until we have enough components to make a death maze"
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #325202

Crew should hand out sec huds and loyalty implant everyone before they go into the cult base, it's like we give them all the tools they need to cooperate but then they just want them feed to them on a platter.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #325409

oranges wrote:Crew should hand out sec huds and loyalty implant everyone before they go into the cult base, it's like we give them all the tools they need to cooperate but then they just want them feed to them on a platter.
Loyalty implants are sadly not reliable with the holy water deconversion mechanic, you can loyalty implant someone and they can still technically be cult.

the only way to make that strategy viable would be to remove the holy water requirement from deconversion, or, more simply, give the cult a damn uniform.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #325411

it's for a makeshift team indicator on the sec hud bro, nothing to do with deconversion
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #325520

The tools are already in place for the crew to at least mostly recognize who is on their side. Servants can't enter the spawn rooms; walking through the stationside portals places them back at the spawn points for servants and not crew. This makes distinguishing servants during the initial assault all but impossible to fail, with further red flags being armor, spears, marauders, and not being melted by ocular wardens (which are receiving some range buffs and heavy damage nerfs based on dense objects in the next patch.)
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #326112

There's been a ton of changes since my last post here. so I'd like some more feedback coming in! Right now, the things I'm aware of are mechs and the Geis cursor both being bad to either use or deal with, but any other feedback is appreciated.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #326140

When people don't build mechs and die, it's the fault of the crew for not working together and not cult being too strong.

When people use mechs and win, it's the fault of the mech instead of the cult not working together to assault the mech or converting the roboticist.

Why?
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #326155

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:When people don't build mechs and die, it's the fault of the crew for not working together and not cult being too strong.

When people use mechs and win, it's the fault of the mech instead of the cult not working together to assault the mech or converting the roboticist.

Why?
I never claimed either. I think that mechs right now can be stopped by the servants using cooperation and strategy, assuming there aren't more than, say, two Durands. The servants certainly have the potential to assault or sabotage Robotics, and should do so if mechs start being created.

I do think that the cult is currently too strong, but it seems as though there's a massive power gap between a cult with good, competent members, and a cult with new members that can't even tie their own neon-green sneakers. If I can, I want to equalize this power-gap; right now the main struggle comes from Script scripture being essential to winning and conversion mechanics being too clunky and ever-changing to ensure that that can happen easily.

I've been brainstorming solutions to this. My ideal change is to simply make conversion much simpler, along the lines of bloodcult who can easily do something about it. The thing I'm tossing around right now is a scripture called Kindle; it serves as a medium-range single-target stun (say a 3-tile radius.) Because that's obviously incredibly strong, I'm planning on making it either rapidly heal damage the target has, or make any damage they take massively reduce or even remove the stun. This would make it more intuitive as a way to capture converts, while still not being incredibly overpowered due to its niche role in capturing someone without harming them at all. This Kindle scripture would replace Geis; restraints would be acquired from external sources, and the silence would be built in as part of Kindle (although the stun would vastly outlast the silence.)

Thoughts on this?
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #326221

Xhuis wrote:
I've been brainstorming solutions to this. My ideal change is to simply make conversion much simpler, along the lines of bloodcult who can easily do something about it. The thing I'm tossing around right now is a scripture called Kindle; it serves as a medium-range single-target stun (say a 3-tile radius.) Because that's obviously incredibly strong, I'm planning on making it either rapidly heal damage the target has, or make any damage they take massively reduce or even remove the stun. This would make it more intuitive as a way to capture converts, while still not being incredibly overpowered due to its niche role in capturing someone without harming them at all. This Kindle scripture would replace Geis; restraints would be acquired from external sources, and the silence would be built in as part of Kindle (although the stun would vastly outlast the silence.)

Thoughts on this?
Clock cult already has a large amount of ways to regain health with spears giving vitality and soon wardens generating it as well, so a stun with a heal would probably also be used as a ghetto heal by cultists, unless it cant be used on cultists.

I suggest doing a kind of stasis spell, cant be damage but cant move on your own or speak. It would fit rather well with the clock cult style, clockwork being about timing and all, so removing someone from the rhythm of the universe for a time to move them would be better than a silly ring.

Probably should make the effect as obvious as the ring, maybe use the ring plus color the target bronze for flashiness.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #326264

On click undodgeable stuns are cancer.

Are you gonna make it a projectile or something?
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #326266

If I went that route, it would likely be a projectile and not hitscan. It would have a very short range, of course.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #326319

What's specifically the gripe with geis?
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #326356

Considerably better than old clockcult. The abductor-like play is very interesting. Keep at it, this has tremendous potential.
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #326359

Geis is very clunky to use, and its mechanics are confusing. It tries to fill the niche that a stun talisman does, but doesn't succeed for a few reasons:
  1. It's tied to the slab and not a paper, so losing it is the same as losing an arcane tome and not a disposable talisman
  2. It lacks the utility because no actions can be taken while Geis is maintained, meaning that hiding sigils and the like behind false walls is impossible
  3. It becomes less effective as time goes on in that it takes more time to invoke, whereas stunpapers are always readily-available
  4. Its mechanics - making it a structure that's buckled to and not normal restraints - are fine for the crew, but are in practice not understood well by servants; the basic "stun and capture" scripture shouldn't warrant as much explanation as it requires
Kindle solves that; because it's slightly above melee range, it protects the slab. It also allows more utility, remains consistently effective, and doesn't introduce any convoluted mechanics to make it work. The implementation that I've decided to make right now loses 2 deciseconds of stun time per point of damage the stunned target takes; this also makes it less powerful in situations where attacking and base defense are involved, but still makes it effective for conversions.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #326365

Remove conversion in this gamemode! Let the clock cultists decide on 'heralding' which extends the time until the rift opens and gives way more starting resources but announces it to the crew.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #326447

Armhulen wrote:Remove conversion in this gamemode! Let the clock cultists decide on 'heralding' which extends the time until the rift opens and gives way more starting resources but announces it to the crew.
Conversion is good, it leads to a certain amount of paranoia that isnt present in the similar mode (nuclear emergency)

That heralding hardmode idea would be neat as an optional mode, similar to warops. the crew gets alerted at roundstart, and conversion is turned off, but the cult gets access to things they wouldnt normally get.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #326615

Dr_bee wrote:
Armhulen wrote:Remove conversion in this gamemode! Let the clock cultists decide on 'heralding' which extends the time until the rift opens and gives way more starting resources but announces it to the crew.
Conversion is good, it leads to a certain amount of paranoia that isnt present in the similar mode (nuclear emergency)

That heralding hardmode idea would be neat as an optional mode, similar to warops. the crew gets alerted at roundstart, and conversion is turned off, but the cult gets access to things they wouldnt normally get.
Conversion should still be in heraldry so now to get the oculars you gotta WORK
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #326657

ExcessiveCobblestone wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:

Conversion should still be in heraldry so now to get the oculars you gotta WORK
it shouldn't even be in the normal one, stop deluding them! There's no paranoia to self antag buttons and we don't need paranoia in every single gamemode, sling will do that just fine
Remie Richards
Byond Username: CrimsonVision
Location: England, UK, Earth, Sol, Milky Way, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Known Universe

Post by Remie Richards » #327284

sling isn't happening tho.
私は完璧
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #327362

Remie Richards wrote:sling isn't happening tho.
I know! if i post in every reply mentioning shadowlings that it won't go through in the most vague terms possible, that'll show him!

sorry mam but the code's written and the pr's ready after either the spacepods or the changeling rework.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #327363

and, in case you haven't noticed but clockwork cult's losing conversion for more tower defense which means kor would let that go through.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #327408

Armhulen wrote:
I know! if i post in every reply mentioning shadowlings that it won't go through in the most vague terms possible, that'll show him!

sorry mam but the code's written and the pr's ready after either the spacepods or the changeling rework.
"It isn't happening" is not vague lmao
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #327409

still a bit obnoxious though
Limey wrote:its too late.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #327413

Actually, politely and concisely informing people that a project wont be accepted before they waste time coding it and opening a big PR is the opposite of obnoxious
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #327425

Kor wrote:
Armhulen wrote:

"It isn't happening" is not vague lmao
like a reason would be nice though