The new clockwork - "revamp"

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Re: The new clockwork - "revamp"

Post by onleavedontatme » #327413

Bottom post of the previous page:

Actually, politely and concisely informing people that a project wont be accepted before they waste time coding it and opening a big PR is the opposite of obnoxious
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #327425

Kor wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
Remie Richards wrote:sling isn't happening tho.
I know! if i post in every reply mentioning shadowlings that it won't go through in the most vague terms possible, that'll show him!

sorry mam but the code's written and the pr's ready after either the spacepods or the changeling rework.
"It isn't happening" is not vague lmao
like a reason would be nice though
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #327426

Because it is a conversion mode and several novels worth has been written about why we're not getting another conversion mode.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #327427

Clockwork cult's probably going to drop conversion, that opens up a spot
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #327470

It's not gonna open any spots until that probably becomes a definitely
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #327485

Why are "spots" needed though

Like if I have a genital wart I don't go thinking "boy oh boy I can't wait for this to clear up so I can go fuck some more dirty hookers, I don't want any more STDs until I've got rid of one of the ones I've got"
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #327486

Kor's the design lead, too many conversion gamemodes are bad anyways
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #327490

I see it more a problem of too many complex conversion modes. It's not a problem having them individually have less round chance to deliver roughly the same experience. However something complicated like blood and clock cult though need some experience at the helm maintained through decent round probability and at lower chances will collapse into pointless landslides in favour of the crew until an old hand gets into the starting cult then swing the other way due to crew complacency. Basically wizard whiner syndrome you get lots of SUMMON DA MAGICK wizards then a soft weakling gets terminal whiplash when a wizard knows how to spell properly then you get like three ei nath nerfs in a row.

Rev is dead simple and just uses regular game knowledge for the most part. You could have more convert modes running simultaneously if they were simple like rev.
Last edited by Incomptinence on Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #327491

That's why shadowling is good, it's extremely easy for the thralls to know what they're doing (glare is easy to use, simple instructions and a hivemind. That's IT) and we're replacing a complicated conversion mode (clockcult) with a SIMPLE conversion mode, sling
Remie Richards wrote:sling isn't happening tho.
ha HA
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #327492

I WILL FIX SHADOWLING AND I WILL MAKE IT THE DREAM MODE WITH THE HELP OF MY MAIN MAN MOREROBUSTTHANYOU