Removing ears & tails

FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Removing ears & tails

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #342538

Summarily where do admins stand about removing the tails (lizards & cats) and ears of specific races?

Q: When it is applied in punishment (catperson broke the law or abused their status as a non-human)

Q: Is mass converting catpeople to humans irreversibly (tails & ears destroyed after in crematorium) acceptable if they are deemed a risk/unfavorable by command, sec & AI?

Q: Is setting laws to target & convert when applicable non-humans to humans ok? This would mean anything from medical borgs syringing in human xenobio mutagen to surgically removing catpeople parts.

Removing lizard tails i see as inconsequential because essentially they are no less a lizard for not having it as much as they are whilst having it, and it often is favorable for lizards to ditch the tail. In catpeople its a entirely different kettle of fish in that they literally change states dependent on what areas of them is cut off.

So i pose this to you all.

Spoiler:
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Re: Removing ears & tails

Post by Lazengann » #342542

Just don't be a dick
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #342545

This should be an IC issue and should at the same time open the person doing it to pretty severe escalation.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #342624

Unless a headmin comes around and says otherwise, I'm not going to authorize you to be a dick to a whole subsection of players because you have a vendetta against non-human races. Sorry.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #342629

cedarbridge wrote:Unless a headmin comes around and says otherwise, I'm not going to authorize you to be a dick to a whole subsection of players because you have a vendetta against non-human races. Sorry.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #342630

>abusing nonhuman status
how do you even abuse nonhuman status
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #342633

kevinz000 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote:Unless the two other headmins come around and says otherwise, I'm not going to authorize you to be a dick to a whole subsection of players because you have a vendetta against non-human races. Sorry.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #342634

unfunny persecution of groups of other players to the point of damaging them or taking them out of the round for no reason other than that their sprite is different from yours is a blatant rule one violation and you know it
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #342639

Roleplaying as a racists should be fine but you need to expect to have people fight back against you. Roleplaying someone with flaws like that well requires the person playing the racist be playing in good faith, which usually people who are all "gas the liggers" arent playing with. They want to grief and are using "lul liggers" to use lazy edgy humor. They should be encouraged to find more creative ways to make jokes.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #342641

As the person who actually added removing lizard tails, I'm going to disagree.

A lot of this was unintentional as I added it before dismemberment (I think I even called it "dismemberment lite" in a comment), but right now it is a form of "punishment" that is entirely RP-based. Losing your tail as a lizard does not hinder you in any way but causing IC embarrassment. And people actually buy into that and play it out in-character, which is increasingly rare, instead of going "didn't lose HP, who cares." This is a good thing.

The same goes with mass conversion of catpeople to human. It doesn't take you out of the round. (If it does, that would be the dickish part, not the catperson angle.) It doesn't even harm you that much if I recall correctly. It may force you to play out your round slightly differently than you would have wanted, but this is part of SS13 and literally in the rules.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #342648

I feel like it should be okay to do this as a punishment when you're security or something. Occasionally, it might even be a gimmick, although unoriginal, when you're captain to sell lizard/cat organs on the cargo shuttle. The important thing here is not taking it too far, such as gulagging all lizards roundstart, and making sure the person who is doing this is valid for massive IC retaliation.

Neither is doing the same to all nonhuman races- I've seen a captain make all plasmamen valid, which caused me, as HoS, to mutiny while ordering my officers to protect the plasmamen from the hordes of angry greyshits. It did end up creating an interesting situation, but if it becomes a consistent thing for one person then that person should definitely be talked to about rule one. These types of le nonhuman racism gimmicks xDDD get stale and unfunny very fast if they were even funny to begin with.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Slignerd
Github User
Byond Username: Slignerd
Github Username: Slignerd

Post by Slignerd » #342649

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Q: Is mass converting catpeople to humans irreversibly (tails & ears destroyed after in crematorium) acceptable if they are deemed a risk/unfavorable by command, sec & AI?

Q: Is setting laws to target & convert when applicable non-humans to humans ok? This would mean anything from medical borgs syringing in human xenobio mutagen to surgically removing catpeople parts.
I'm pretty sure a go-ahead on this one would just lead to you declaring a mass-removal of ears and tails roundstart next time you roll captain.

And yes, edited 4 times, I know.
Last edited by Slignerd on Sun Oct 01, 2017 7:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
It would appear that I'm a high RP weeb who hates roleplay and anime.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #342650

When can we ban Fwoosh from the games and forums ffor being too stupid to exist
Pascal125
Byond Username: Pascal123

Post by Pascal125 » #342661

Does anyone remember when every shift included the Captain ordering Security to Gulag/De-tail all non-human races? Good times that was.

Don't be an ass just because they look different.
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #342695

bandit wrote:As the person who actually added removing lizard tails, I'm going to disagree.

A lot of this was unintentional as I added it before dismemberment (I think I even called it "dismemberment lite" in a comment), but right now it is a form of "punishment" that is entirely RP-based. Losing your tail as a lizard does not hinder you in any way but causing IC embarrassment. And people actually buy into that and play it out in-character, which is increasingly rare, instead of going "didn't lose HP, who cares." This is a good thing.

The same goes with mass conversion of catpeople to human. It doesn't take you out of the round. (If it does, that would be the dickish part, not the catperson angle.) It doesn't even harm you that much if I recall correctly. It may force you to play out your round slightly differently than you would have wanted, but this is part of SS13 and literally in the rules.
It just encourages lazy "oh boy time to oppress the nonhumans because this will be totally original and fun for everyone" thinking. We already have a troubling number of command roles that ritually drink paint before playing. Using dismemberment as a legitimate punishment for wrongdoing is fine and always has been. Captains take arms and legs from random greys all the time without trouble or hassle. What is not and should not be ok is just blanket griefing based on a racial choice at roundstart.

The individuals can't fight back because sec protects heads, especially when those heads give orders that let them join in on the grief.

Sec doesn't fight the heads over doing something clearly deranged because they're in on it.

If heads are allowed to just start a round and declare that all lizards have to be de-tailed and all cats have to be disfigured, what is added to the round other than sanctioned griefing?

This is entirely too many words in reply to a fwoosh catbaiting thread anyway.
Pascal125

Post by Pascal125 » #342702

cedarbridge wrote: Using dismemberment as a legitimate punishment for wrongdoing is fine and always has been Captains take arms and legs from random greys all the time without trouble or hassle.
Unrelated to the topic but,
I got a note for this for cutting the leg off of a suspected cultist who was just about the only unimplanted person on the shuttle, when the Captain told us to prevent Non-Implanted Crewmembers from entering unless they allowed themselves to be watered and implanted, for acting like a shit and furthering it by insulting Security near round-end, possibly because they turned out to not be a cultist.

So i'm not sure you should be telling people that when other Admins seem to disagree.
Rude and abrasive; I apologise in advance. I play Betrays-Its-Kin if you wanna Metagrudge me.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #342709

You cut off a detainees limb for calling you shitcurity, Cedarbridge is talking about people who are caught and sentenced for actual crimes.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #342716

I think it should be IC so long as it's just ears/tail and people should be encouraged to mutiny shitlers since the only thing more enjoyable than grief is getting valids :D
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #342729

BeeSting12 wrote:>abusing nonhuman status
No seriously if we're gonna have a fwoosh-gets-mad-at-cats thread I want to hear the reasoning for non-human status being abusable
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #342734

Non default races often stick up for each other is what he's getting at
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #342754

Well i heard you loud and clear. Sheesh. No mass purges. By contrast that also paints you as hypocrites for standing by and letting 'race wars' happen between lizards and the crew in past circumstances. But i imagine we've now been delivered into a more enlightened age. yes? :mrgreen:
  • On the individual basis of isolating a troublesome catperson in detainment, confined for IC related bad behaviour and or criminality in which their static char's race plays a significant part, where do you stand on removing their mutant identity for this?
And yes, just to reinforce Lazengann's point, retaliatory action caused by non-humans rallying to save their compadre can easily escalte into arrests, criminality & the AI getting involved & very very annoyed. People being dragged away from arrest is already a frequent issue in itself, in many ways it feels like playing a revolutionary round.
Arianya wrote:
No seriously if we're gonna have a fwoosh-gets-mad-at-cats thread I want to hear the reasoning for non-human status being abusable
Shock value, people genuinely go into drama overload around non-human races. Some of the few public indecency arrests i've had to make have entirely been revolving around lizard & catpeople, there's the ever infamous dorms activity but a recent past-time i've noticed is that since catpeople are the most graphically disturbing race, they tend to abuse the giant serum and parade around the station with no underwear actively goading everyone with their streaking for no purpose but self gratification.

One such notable round it called a station wide lynch mob, just a massive unnessecary drama magnet and target to chase. Least to say after spraying them in the face with MACE and manually dressing them back into clothes for protective custody & getting them off the streets i dealt with it temporarily atleast until the mob caught them later.

Something about 3 tall and wide sprited cat tiddies (and lizard tiddies) is enough to send the average player into a embroiled state of shock and panic. They literally drop everything they're doing and scream about it, its annoying as fuck to police actively as security (which i play a lot of lately)

Spoiler:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #342759

You are an insane fucking retard and someone should take away your computer and get you help.
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #342761

:D ladies please, contain yourself. *screencapped*

Spoiler:
NoH8OnlyLove
Byond Username: NoH8OnlyLove

Post by NoH8OnlyLove » #342770

I'm getting strong fedora vibes here
Hitler Security Coming To You Next Sunday. Prepare yourselves
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #342778

FantasticFwoosh wrote:catpeople are the most graphically disturbing race, they tend to abuse the giant serum and parade around the station with no underwear
Literally the only catpeople I've ever seen do that are just Sherrie and Katty, and even these two just on screenshots they took.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #342780

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
  • On the individual basis of isolating a troublesome catperson in detainment, confined for IC related bad behaviour and or criminality in which their static char's race plays a significant part, where do you stand on removing their mutant identity for this?
You can try to bury the point in as much artful avoiding the point as you want, but I seriously doubt any headmin is going to give you the go ahead to discriminate against a subset of players just because their 32 x 32 sprite gives you the badfeel. If a criminal is being a criminal and you feel mutilation is an appropriate punishment then take their hand or one of their legs, things with an actual gameplay malus that might reform them.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Arianya wrote:
Shock value, people genuinely go into drama overload around non-human races. Some of the few public indecency arrests i've had to make have entirely been revolving around lizard & catpeople, there's the ever infamous dorms activity but a recent past-time i've noticed is that since catpeople are the most graphically disturbing race, they tend to abuse the giant serum and parade around the station with no underwear actively goading everyone with their streaking for no purpose but self gratification.
Fwoosh please don't try to pretend anyone other then you and maybe jmad go into "drama overload" about non-humans

Also while ERP is obviously banned why are you arresting people for public indecency in the dorms?? They're explicitly private.

Also none of the things you listed were "non-human status abuses", they're just you getting your panties in a twist about their sprite being different.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:One such notable round it called a station wide lynch mob, just a massive unnessecary drama magnet and target to chase. Least to say after spraying them in the face with MACE and manually dressing them back into clothes for protective custody & getting them off the streets i dealt with it temporarily atleast until the mob caught them later.
Sounds like you're a shitty cop if you let them get lynched.

Also a giant lynch mob based around IC activity sounds cool?
Something about 3 tall and wide sprited cat tiddies (and lizard tiddies) is enough to send the average player into a embroiled state of shock and panic. They literally drop everything they're doing and scream about it, its annoying as fuck to police actively as security (which i play a lot of lately)
You're not "the average player" Fwoosh

kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #342791

fwoosh is a role model
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #342815

Pascal125 wrote:
cedarbridge wrote: Using dismemberment as a legitimate punishment for wrongdoing is fine and always has been Captains take arms and legs from random greys all the time without trouble or hassle.
Unrelated to the topic but,
I got a note for this for cutting the leg off of a suspected cultist who was just about the only unimplanted person on the shuttle, when the Captain told us to prevent Non-Implanted Crewmembers from entering unless they allowed themselves to be watered and implanted, for acting like a shit and furthering it by insulting Security near round-end, possibly because they turned out to not be a cultist.

So i'm not sure you should be telling people that when other Admins seem to disagree.
>greyshirt breaks into the cap's office
>cap removes a leg and throws his ass out

Tradition as old as the saber itself.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #342816

Reminder that the Lord made Fwoosh in his image too.

What a concerning thought
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #342836

If I may be allowed as to be so bold I would like to take one moment to inject in this healthy discussion and propose that while the shock value of this particular argument might be quite jarring as stated by Mr. Fwoosh in his most recent excerpt;
Mr. Fwoosh wrote: Shock value, people genuinely go into drama overload around non-human races. Some of the few public indecency arrests I've had to make have entirely been revolving around lizard & catpeople, there's the ever infamous dorms activity but a recent past-time I've noticed is that since catpeople are the most graphically disturbing race, they tend to abuse the giant serum and parade around the station with no underwear actively goading everyone with their streaking for no purpose but self gratification.
That this claim is not exactly off the wall as his exquisite and clear-cut detail of the problem at hand and might appear to be a drawling exposé to others. This does not in fact stop the argument here that, yes, there are non-humanoid racial characters played by game players who may take this out of character offence to such acts as described in this particular instance of question as pertaining to ethically quandary purported to be an unjustly instilled upon their in-character counterparts.

While on this point I would like to branch into the next which is the relative likelihood that interacting negatively with any one instance of a non-humanoid character played by an actual human, that increases the odds of you being hassled and cajoled by more human players of non-humanoid characters. While you could make a very convincing point here that this could very well construed as in-character interaction, which would be true in nearly any other instance, is completely one-hundred percent false in this case. There are well-known 'packs' if you would, of non-humanoid characters played by people who are known to preferentially treat themselves and others of the same non-humanoid characters with more trust and respect than other humanoid characters. This is clearly observable if you would observe nearly any round on the Basil game server around the time range of 11:34:45 post meridiem to 8:22:56 ante meridiem Central Standard Time, where this specific behaviour, from over two hundred hours of confirmed logged in-game time witness-able.

Furthermore, I would like to state that in my own clerical opinion that while I myself do not agree with Mr. Fwoosh's particular stance on this heated subject that doesn't mean there isn't a just case to be had here. Simply because someone may use a more broad selection of the English language in their forum posts does not warrant the blatant disrespect given in quite a number of postings on this topic that frankly contribute nothing to the discussion at hand and I am appalled to see that they are allowed to mock and chide such an articulate member of our wholesome forum.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #342849

Remember when lizards were made a spawn option and everyone said "yeah you can abuse them just don't murder/rape them", and now the admin metagroup of cats are threatening those who dare cut off a few pixels to shame cat people?

Yeah, tg has become great I guess.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #342860

DrPillzRedux wrote:Remember when lizards were made a spawn option and everyone said "yeah you can abuse them just don't murder/rape them", and now the admin metagroup of cats are threatening those who dare cut off a few pixels to shame cat people?

Yeah, tg has become great I guess.
Begone, intellectually dishonest poster-san
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #342862

Arianya wrote:You can try to bury the point in as much artful avoiding the point as you want, but I seriously doubt any headmin is going to give you the go ahead to discriminate against a subset of players just because their 32 x 32 sprite gives you the badfeel. If a criminal is being a criminal and you feel mutilation is an appropriate punishment then take their hand or one of their legs, things with an actual gameplay malus that might reform them.
Well paint me suprised that, you view each person claim to be a static as a cast iron right, i must not be mutilating my prisoners enough. Double standards, remove actual limbs that take another person's time to attach, but don't remove the widdle cat features or ill run up and cry to a admin to Rule 0 you for ruining your feelings.

The very fact that any person who carries out this is going to be subject to claims of discrimination is pretty shocking, because it undermines actual security work in removing the means for certain people to be shit because every cat-greyshirt is going to call out their 'soveriegn spacemanship' and play the race card to admins.

There's a line that actually shows real abuse and discrimination in the force different to just shutting down shitters, so please don't tar all officers with the same brush based off me. For me its just a additional perk of the job but im not out to literally plant false convictions onto people like a piece of shit as a excuse to corner & punish them for it, as what happens in the real world.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:snip
Arianya wrote:Fwoosh please don't try to pretend anyone other then you and maybe jmad go into "drama overload" about non-humans

Also while ERP is obviously banned why are you arresting people for public indecency in the dorms?? They're explicitly private.

Also none of the things you listed were "non-human status abuses", they're just you getting your panties in a twist about their sprite being different.
If the door is not locked, its public for anybody to just walk in on them, everyone was getting their panties in a twist about it and i still have a pretty critical job to do that usually doesn't require me to chase half nakeds around until they are being unbearable shitters and people are screaming over radio. Greytide suppression IS part of my job albiet one i don't like doing because admins are ambivalent to greytide behavior most of the time unless it contravenes on hard-line rules.
FantasticFwoosh wrote:snip
Arianya wrote: Sounds like you're a shitty cop if you let them get lynched.

Also a giant lynch mob based around IC activity sounds cool?
Stop being dumb, i clothed them and let them go instead of detaining them indefinitely because i do actually *try* to be fair to these people to just pack this shit in after a talking to, they continued doing what they did and what the mob does on the other side of the station is not my concern up until sec is organised to put it down or it disbands. No, a lynch squad is NOT cool, its a malignant ball of people hungering for IC valids that is only borderline legitimate.

Thanks for judging me before you've ever seen me in game by reading only half of the full story and or y'know seeing me actually do sec in real time, i appreciate your two cents. Not obviously. :donut2:
FantasticFwoosh wrote:snip about tiddies
Arianya wrote:You're not "the average player" Fwoosh
Im a 2 year vet. No im not evidently, i can least tell the difference between past and present SS13.

Spoiler:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #342869

Lmfao 2 year vet bwahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahaaahahahhhaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #342870

Shut the fuck up faggot
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #342871

Yeah I kind of made the foolish assumption that fwoosh actually posts in good faith, I should have listened to sawrge last time.

cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #343061

FantasticFwoosh wrote:
Arianya wrote:.
The very fact that any person who carries out this is going to be subject to claims of discrimination is pretty shocking, because it undermines actual security work in removing the means for certain people to be shit because every cat-greyshirt is going to call out their 'soveriegn spacemanship' and play the race card to admins.
>removing cat ears/tails is "actual security work"
>removing lizard tails is "actual security work"

Anyone opposed to me giving Fwoosh a sec ban to avoid having to give it later?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #343064

Well its slightly more harsh than a community/incarcerated sentence, but so is de-limbing people as a alternative as you've proposed. Double standards.

Spoiler:
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #343076

FantasticFwoosh wrote:Well its slightly more harsh than a community/incarcerated sentence, but so is de-limbing people as a alternative as you've proposed. Double standards.
You're telling me you can't tell the difference between harassing non-human players and the captain lopping off limbs for trespassing?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #343085

You seem to paint me as some sort of villain that actively pursues non-humans purposefully to do this, rather than criminals & repeat offenders to which removing their cat features or tail does not affect their quality of consistent gameplay as much as de-limbing them if it is deemed a aptly suitable punishment at the discretion of the HOS or captain.

I think you have grossly got the wrong end of the stick. Do you think i'd REALLY ghetto surgically remove these features as a officer myself? I have better things to do than enact such a fantasy however much self satisfaction you think id get out of it. Like actually patrolling, non-stop, and occasionally spraying assistants in the face with MACE before insulting their mothers while they lie in a crumpled non-harmful heap.

Saying that, i've seen worse abuse done for less, including turning people into incapacitated nuggets for semi-mediate crimes if said persons were irritating enough for command to notice them.

Spoiler:
Pascal125

Post by Pascal125 » #343087

FantasticFwoosh wrote:You seem to paint me as some sort of villain that actively pursues non-humans purposefully to do this, rather than criminals & repeat offenders to which removing their cat features or tail does not affect their quality of consistent gameplay as much as de-limbing them if it is deemed a aptly suitable punishment at the discretion of the HOS or captain.

I think you have grossly got the wrong end of the stick. Do you think i'd REALLY ghetto surgically remove these features as a officer myself? I have better things to do than enact such a fantasy however much self satisfaction you think id get out of it. Like actually patrolling, non-stop, and occasionally spraying assistants in the face with MACE before insulting their mothers while they lie in a crumpled non-harmful heap.

Saying that, i've seen worse abuse done for less, including turning people into incapacitated nuggets for semi-mediate crimes if said persons were irritating enough for command to notice them.
Sounds like i should play on Sybil more. This sort of this doesn't happen on Basil no matter how warranted.
Slignerd
Github User

Post by Slignerd » #343090

Look, whatever warrants delimbing would also warrant tail and ear removal, but the problem with you Fwoosh is that whenever someone tells you that, you're probably going to do so unprompted under every circumstance, aka. the moment you get the tiniest bit annoyed by someone with cat ears.

This one catperson disarmed me once, all catpeople are clearly rogue and must be rounded up, their cat ears removed! Somehow, it's not unbelievable that you'd make such a leap.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #343099

FantasticFwoosh wrote:You seem to paint me as some sort of villain that actively pursues non-humans purposefully to do this
Moment of self-reflection time. Why would somebody come to that conclusion about you or your intentions?
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #343155

can I mutilate people for fun and take 10 minutes of their time to do it?

probably not
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #343217

Wow it looks like fwoosh has successfully triggered all the cats while at the same time making a colossal, mindblowing idiot of himself.

only fwoosh.
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #343233

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:Wow it looks like fwoosh has successfully triggered all the cats while at the same time making a colossal, mindblowing idiot of himself.

only fwoosh.
I'm surprised people even bother to reply to him. I guess sometimes it's fun to poke the bee hive.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #343243

The sad thing about all of this is that this thread is still going.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Xhagi
Byond Username: Aliannera

Post by Xhagi » #343249

This post was made by FantasticFwoosh who is currently on your ignore list. Display this post.
You people had one job.
Professional Catgirl and Gayboy Supreme.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #343280

This entire thread is honestly just...pathetic. Not just this thread, but how FantasticFwoosh is making a mountain outoff an ant hill out of something which isn't even an issue. Something which is pretty much a non-issue. Seriously, spam complaining about cat ears and cat tails everywhere? Do you have nothing better to do?
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #343296

My insight isn't as appreciated as i would like it to be, probably not. SS13 has been a habit of distraction for a long time now, a spergy timesink.

Thanks for deviating from the original question, when the actual answer you all should have given would have been to glaze over my comments entirely, as if to ignore me and focus on the cold-hard informative questions i dig into my responses. We're still non the wiser how to apply the original topics outside of (XYZ admins are obviously against it, because it affects them) and (Fwoosh cannot be trusted around cats) by personalising the query and responses too much. Both of our faults.

You could have summarized that with a Cat-Gestapo secret admin note on my ckey, but instead you waste precious time chasing me, im honestly not even getting a kick out of doing it, its just depressing to see you all right now even comment with half hearted suprise that anybody bothered.

Spoiler: