Talk about video games here
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Re: VR Thread

Post by peoplearestrange » #352896

Bottom post of the previous page:

Spoiler:
Qbopper wrote:
peoplearestrange wrote:I'm starting to build a new rig (current ones getting on a bit now) and trying to build this with VR in mind.

I've got the GTX 1070 in mind, anyone got any good knowledge of what CPU's and Mobo's are good these days but not the HOLY FUCK I HAVE SO MUCH MONEY TO BURN kinda budget.
logical increments is my go to, and if you use pcpartpicker it will warn you if parts are incompatible (eg. wrong cpu for your mobo's socket, case dimensions)

you won't need a hyperfast cpu, VR is heavily GPU dependent, but pretty much any i5/i7 that's at or above 3.5ghz should do you just fine (mine is a slightly older i7 at 3.4ghz)

apparently i3s are getting better but I never paid much attention to CPUs so if anyone else knows more/if I'm wrong please chime in

i don't know when you're planning on getting a headset but here's some other shit:

- if you're looking to buy a rift be sure you have the USB ports for it, and be sure that you don't overload the hubs. I have two sensors and the Rift, and one sensor has to be plugged into one usb hub controller. the layman's method is to look at the ports on the mobo and see where the ports are - if there's a clump of ports that are further away from the others, it's probably a new hub. if this shit didn't make any sense tell me so i can take pictures
- if you're looking for a vive, the default headstrap is actual fucking horseshit and you should really really buy the deluxe strap that comes with the built in headphones, but that's like another $100 because HTC is fucked. if anyone tells you you don't need it, no, you don't, but i found that the vive started to hurt my head after an hour or so because of the headset and the weight is distributed really poorly with the default strap, and this is not an uncommon opinion. also the headphones being built in is unbelievably useful
- if you don't know which one you'd prefer, i'd recommend the rift, because it's £600 for a vive (not including the almost necessary strap which is like another 100 ontop of that) and £400 for a rift (and yes, it includes the motion controllers + 2 sensors, they're not really selling the headset alone anymore from what i understand). the two headsets are close enough that it doesn't matter what you pick, but the price difference is just way too big for not enough benefit for me to recommend a vive
- rift pros: 10000x better controllers (they have joysticks, much better buttons, and the buttons are touch sensitive so they know what you're holding, so oculus games have what they call "hand presence" where the virtual fingers sorta copy your real hands), you can play oculus games without a hack, significantly cheaper
- rift cons: 3 USB cables, 4 if you buy an extra sensor, 2 sensor setup is fairly small unless you purchase a USB extension cable, USB cable specs are often not followed well by manufacturers so you'll need to look at lists like this to figure out what will work
- vive pros: lighthouse makes it easier to set up tracking for large spaces, uses one USB port (but I think it uses like 2 or 3 power outlets), knuckles controllers on the way will have full finger tracking and look really cool
- vive cons: default headstrap is embarrassingly bad, $200 more, controllers are pretty lame, a lot of people report issues with the trackpads from what I hear (something about a piece of plastic coming loose inside? it can be fixed easily though), knuckles controllers are going to be another purchase
- if you're waiting for a "second gen" headset, you're going to be waiting a while - there's the LG headset and the Pimax ones on the way but those are more incremental and we don't know if they're any good yet
- if you tend to keep your browser open when doing other stuff you'll likely want to spring a little bit more for 16gb of RAM
Thanks for the tips! I think i'm a way off actually getting my headset looking at prices of a complete rig overhaul X3
However the rift at that price point with the newer sensors is pretty damn attractive. I was always going for the vive in the past because of the controllers and movement, but since the rift has caught up it makes me think twice.

Eitherway my "dream rig" is looking pretty close to the LogicalInc's one actually, here's what I got so far https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/m6b2hq (I have SSD/HD's already).
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #353299

yeah if you think you're going to have to wait a while for a headset I would just post again when you think you're ready to buy one, because the market could change, fuck knows

I wouldn't expect a proper gen 2 followup until late 2018/2019 at the minimum
Limey wrote:its too late.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #353398

i forgot to add to that list that as far as oculus "exclusives" go robo recall is pure sex and echo arena is a fun multiplayer game
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #353503

I built a vr pc for about £1300 around March

Still haven't gotten around to buying a headset though
Probably because:
A. They were more money than I could justify spending on a single device
B. The only non gimmick vr games are elite (which I'm burnt out on), and star citizen which is still just a tech demo. I guess there is that star trek one, I don't know how well it has maintained its player base though
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #353722

Malkevin wrote:B. The only non gimmick vr games are elite (which I'm burnt out on), and star citizen which is still just a tech demo. I guess there is that star trek one, I don't know how well it has maintained its player base though
objectively false, may have been true in the past but not anymore
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #353755

Post some good games then.
peoplearestrange wrote: Eitherway my "dream rig" is looking pretty close to the LogicalInc's one actually, here's what I got so far https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/m6b2hq (I have SSD/HD's already).
Looks good to me, basically the same specs as mine.

I'd change the mobo though, after the Creative range of Fatal1ty soundcards I wouldn't give any money to that turbonerd, because he's proven he's willing to put his name on shitty defective hardware.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #353860

Malkevin wrote:Post some good games then.
only posting games i have played and i won't go into too much detail because subjectivity and all that

-onward, relatively realistic shooter with multiple gamemodes and coop, probably the most popular VR shooter right now
-pavlov, basically VR counterstrike, has steam workshop support for custom maps
-bullets and more, picking up steam recently as the dev added a battle royale gamemode that is pretty much exactly how pubg works, has a pretty large number of gamemodes and weapons and maps and shit, workshop support + ingame level editor
-audioshield, rhythm game where you punch "notes" that come towards you, made by audiosurf dev, has a lto fo the same features as audiosurf 2
-climbey, relatively simple game where you climb/jump and get to the end as quickly as possible, has solid mechanics, workshop support, and an in game level editor
-elite dangerous, hit or miss game for some but if you enjoyed it at all you'll never play on a flat screen again after trying the vr version
-gorn, probably the best example of melee combat in a vr game and is a lot of fun when hanging out with people irl and playing vr games
-hotdogs horseshoes and handgrenades, used to be little more than a gun sandbox but recent updates have added various firing range challenges, enemies to fight against, and stuff like a survival horror mode or a campy "zombie" mode, has a disgusting amount of guns and more are added every patch
-keep talking and nobody explodes, a LOT more tense in VR
-vivecraft is a mod some dude made for java minecraft, it also has a server plugin so other people (even non vr players) can see your movements properly, made minecraft a lot of fun again for me
-modbox, essentially garry's mod for vr
-rec room, free "social" game, has a lot of games in it like paintball/coop fights against robots or whatever/dodgeball/etc., also enjoyable to just go into the lobby and hang out with people
-the red stare, relatively short but uses vr well and has an interesting concept
-tabletop simulator's vr support is really good
-vr the diner duo, has coop with a non vr player (or you can play alone) where the vr player is a chef making burgers and shit, the monitor player has to get orders and serve drinks/etc., usually a favorite when i demo my rift
-the lab, collection of small experiments from valve, but the longbow game in particular is extremely satisfying
-superhot vr, if you liked superhot then you'd be floored by the vr version
-euro truck sim 2 has vr support and it makes it even more of a relaxing game, if you liked it on a monitor
-pulsar lost colony has vr support, i really liked it on a monitor but refunded it before i could try it out with my rift due to computer issues, iirc it has motion controller support as well

and as for oculus exclusives that i've played

-robo recall, freebie if you buy touch controllers for the rift, absolutely fantastic (though short, if you don't want to replay missions for unlocks/etc.) example of a singleplayer vr shooter
-echo arena, freebie on the oculus store, heavily skill based zero gravity game that is pretty much frisbee, has actual depth
-from other suns, not out yet but i played the beta, it's pretty much vr FTL with coop support, i didn't see any two handed guns which was kinda memey but i'm really looking forward to it coming out

games i haven't played that people usually praise really highly

-lone echo
-the serious sam vr remakes (has crossplay with the non vr versions of the game)
-killing floor incursion
-raw data
-i expect you to die (played the original free version on my dk2 and it was great, so i'm hoping to pick this one up)
-gunheart
-arizona sunshine
-i think there's a few racing games but i don't pay attention to those
-that star trek game
-tiltbrush (drawing thing, not a "game")
-space pirate trainer (probably doesn't stack up to current vr titles though)
-theblu (not much of a game)

and then you have fallout 4 vr/doom vr/skyrim vr (only on psvr for now iirc) on the way + more

so that's 22 games that i've played alone, i probably play as much vr as i do traditional monitor games
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #353865

You almost made me want to buy a vive.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #353867

DemonFiren wrote:You almost made me want to buy a vive.
i mean

i was just listing games

if you'd like i can actually go indepth with my thoughts on them too
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #362182

>mfw doom vr straight up doesn't work on rift
>mfw doom vr is apparently really bad

i'm legitimately disappointed

edit: valve of all people fixed the not launching on rift issue but otherwise the game is apparently a mess of ignoring literally every good thing other vr devs have done, a wonky as fuck gun angle that needs you to point the controller like a wiimote to shoot shit, no free movement (even though psvr has it???), and (though the person I heard this from was on al ow difficulty) a runtime of like 2.5 hours

i am super bummed out over this
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #371799

i've posted so many fucking times in this thread

[youtube]DPMJDXmYwiY[/youtube]

good specs

horrifically ugly design

good thing you don't have to look at it while you use it
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #371801

Qbopper wrote:i've posted so many fucking times in this thread

[youtube]DPMJDXmYwiY[/youtube]

good specs

horrifically ugly design

good thing you don't have to look at it while you use it
i laughed my ass off when they used fallout 4 to show off specs
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #371827

Eww (c)rap music
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #371938

the bethesda vr titles have actual mass market appeal and are the big games that htc wants to push

what the fuck was that third game even, some space thing no one has ever heard of?? why didn't they put like, literally anything else
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #371978

I think it was iss simulator, which I think is free and on both headsets

How much play time does lone echo give btw?
It looks interesting but I'm not going to get it off its a four hour tech demo
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #371986

Malkevin wrote:I think it was iss simulator, which I think is free and on both headsets
it's just an odd choice when there's a lot of games that are initially more of a "wow" to a non vr user imo
Malkevin wrote:How much play time does lone echo give btw?
It looks interesting but I'm not going to get it off its a four hour tech demo
haven't played it myself but I know that it isn't a tech demo, at the very least - quick google search says 5-6 hours? it's a story based game so that seems par for the course

a lot of people say it's one of the best vr games out there but I haven't bought any oculus exclusives so I wouldn't know
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #372201

There's nothing more wow than being in space.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #372283

caved in and ordered a rift
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Limey

Post by Limey » #372284

cant wait to harass people with a single jerking motion of the hand
Spoiler:
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #372330

I bought vr for vrchat then stopped playing vrchat because actual vr games are way better

Maybe when they release the script thing in a month so peoppe can actually make new things it'll be cool.

The other detractor is it only being height, arm, and head tracking. Ruins my immersion to do something that's not those and they aren't tracked.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #372478

Limey wrote:caved in and ordered a rift
yo holy SHIT
DrPillzRedux wrote:I bought vr for vrchat then stopped playing vrchat because actual vr games are way better
fucking goddamn i hope this happens sooner for more people

vrchat was fine before it got popular but i have seen two people buy vr headsets just to play vr chat and they have done zero research on other games or anything and it drives me nuts

if you are a vr gamer add me on steam and tell me to play vr games with you i haven't played any in a while
Limey

Post by Limey » #372520

ok ups has it so now im just gonna pray it comes to me in one piece
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #372523

Limey wrote:ok ups has it so now im just gonna pray it comes to me in one piece
good luck fellow gamer
Limey

Post by Limey » #372528

(*-*)7
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #372533

ok i keep having to tell people this shit so i'm just going to make a post and send a link to it when necessary

-roomscale is a misnomer, you can play seated games like elite dangerous and "roomscale" games often require, at most, room to extend your arms fully
-the rift can do "roomscale" because of this, but if you have a massive fucking playspace then you'd want to use a vive or buy a third sensor (i have a small space so i use two and it works fine)
-minimum requirements have gone down quite a bit due to software improvements (at least on the oculus side) - the new bare minimum is a 750ti (iirc), though that card would be pretty shit and you'd be extremely limited in games you can play
-both headsets have a built in mic that is likely better quality than your "gaming headset" and the headphones on the rift/vive DAS are legitimately high quality
-please do not buy a vive if you aren't going to get the deluxe strap i cannot stress this enough, ymmv but the original vive strap is uncomfortable and makes long sessions actually painful, plus having the audio right on the headset is so unbelievably useful and convenient
-the vive pro does not come with the wireless adapter built in (at least nothing has said it comes included) and the adapter is probably going to be at least $200 if not more, the cable is not really an issue once you have the headset on unless you insist on spinning 360 degrees multiple times very quickly so it's not as necessary as many non vr owners seem to think
-non vr owners also seem to think that teleporting is extremely immersive breaking and they refuse to play any game without free movement which is dumb because 1. you miss out on genuinley good games and 2. you have no idea until you play the game if free movement will make you ill or not

rift vs vive
-as of right nor the rift is better from a purely price standpoint and the controllers are superior
-vive costs more (especially because skimping on the deluxe strap is a BAD IDEA) but has less cables and the setup is easier for very large playspaces
-vive pro may drive down the OG vive's price but until the knuckles controllers come out (valve's new controllers with proper finger tracking) i'm still not sure i'd recommend it because the DAS is still $100
-if you have a big problem with facebook i don't really know what to say nor do i care that much about that debate, i just personally can't recommend a product that costs more and has less (controllers are worse and DAS isn't included in regular vive purchases) so i tell people the rift is a better deal, but my opinion will likely change once the knuckles controllers come out (and if the pro causes a significant price drop on the og vive, though this isn't as likely because htc needs to make money from the hardware)
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #372558

My rift was like half the price of the vive

Tracking in oculus games and the home is fine, steam vr's home has an odd jerky feel too it - anyone else getting that?
The tracking was fine until recently so it's clearly the neck chops trying to sabotage the turbo autist
Limey

Post by Limey » #372562

im startin off with two sensors and ill see if that works well, if it doesnt then whoop not a long way to go for a third regardless
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Limey

Post by Limey » #372563

i got a 1x2 meter rug ready as designated play space, im not gonna run around like a headless chicken anyways
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Limey

Post by Limey » #372601

Scheduled Delivery:

Wednesday, 17.01.2018 , By End of Day

lol ok ill be away then
Spoiler:
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #372609

Limey wrote:im startin off with two sensors and ill see if that works well, if it doesnt then whoop not a long way to go for a third regardless
It's not gonna be for anything more than sitting games, even with both of the cameras wall mounted on opposite corners of the room. Ask me how I know.

Get a 3rd sensor and everything is fine,
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #372637

Malkevin wrote:My rift was like half the price of the vive

Tracking in oculus games and the home is fine, steam vr's home has an odd jerky feel too it - anyone else getting that?
The tracking was fine until recently so it's clearly the neck chops trying to sabotage the turbo autist
i had a similar issue a while back - is your rift exposed to sunlight at all? I realized that there was a couple hours a day where the sun shone exactly in the wrong spot and on the rift at my desk but when I moved it the problem started to resolve itself
Limey wrote:im startin off with two sensors and ill see if that works well, if it doesnt then whoop not a long way to go for a third regardless
it works just fine, at worst if you're a brainlet you might occlude a controller by moving really unnaturally
Limey wrote:i got a 1x2 meter rug ready as designated play space, im not gonna run around like a headless chicken anyways
you'll be fine for sure then, make sure you set your guardian boundaries to be BEFORE the wall/shit you want to avoid, not AT it, or else there's no point

there's a tool for more precise boundary editing, forget the name rn
DrPillzRedux wrote:
It's not gonna be for anything more than sitting games, even with both of the cameras wall mounted on opposite corners of the room. Ask me how I know.

Get a 3rd sensor and everything is fine,
objectively false, I don't know what issues you had but for a 1x2m playspace two sensors works just fine
Limey

Post by Limey » #373424

ups is having an aunerysm but its on schedule so idc
Spoiler:
NSFW:
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #373425

Wait, you're Norwegian?

Are you the one who gave Armhulen his name?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Limey

Post by Limey » #373428

if it was the name would be more obscene
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #373449

when the fuck are knuckles gonna come out goddamnit
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #373649

Vive arrived

Bought and played gal gun immediately

Worth all 650 tbh
Limey

Post by Limey » #373650

Takeguru wrote:Vive arrived

Worth all 650 tbh
honestly this is goals for tomorrow
Spoiler:
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #373653

like I said before

>spending $600+ on a vive

a correct post by pillz
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #373654

Oh well fam
Limey

Post by Limey » #373662

update the rift is arriving today so im gonna be all gucci this afternoon
Spoiler:
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #373669

I figured out how to upload avatars above 20k poly's today.

Ash
Spoiler:
Norman Reedus
Spoiler:

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #373677

Takeguru wrote:Vive arrived

Worth all 650 tbh
gal gun?
Limey wrote:update the rift is arriving today so im gonna be all gucci this afternoon
yo sick hit me up tomorrow because i have class all day today
DrPillzRedux wrote:I figured out how to upload avatars above 20k poly's today.

Ash
Spoiler:
Norman Reedus
Spoiler:
make me an avatar for vr chat also don't let this thread turn into only vr chat please
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #373681

Vr chat looks cringy

I tried echo arena, aside from flailing around and bouncing off the walls I'm having a problem with voip - can't hear anyone, I'll hear a split second then it cuts out

Autists keep getting I'm my face too, personal space dudes
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #373704

Malkevin wrote:Vr chat looks cringy
it was a legitimately cool thing before but now that it's popular it's, well, popular, so your experience is going to either be awful or really good and there is never an inbetween
Malkevin wrote:I tried echo arena, aside from flailing around and bouncing off the walls I'm having a problem with voip - can't hear anyone, I'll hear a split second then it cuts out

Autists keep getting I'm my face too, personal space dudes
never heard of that voip issue so i can't help RIP but echo arena is a lot of fun and takes actual practice to get good at

there needs to be some kind of SDK based social features because not every game has good blocking/etc. like rec room does

plus there's always some turbo retard who doesn't have vr that says LOL WHO CARES IF SOMEONES IN UR FACE LOL

like, holy fuck, if i followed you around irl and constantly shoved my face into yours you'd be annoyed too
NanookoftheNorth
Byond Username: NanookoftehNorth

Post by NanookoftheNorth » #373713

Qbopper wrote:
it was a legitimately cool thing before but now that it's popular it's, well, popular, so your experience is going to either be awful or really good and there is never an inbetween
My father played VR chat before it's high popularity. The structure of the game changed significantly for it to be so easily accessible. They had a terrible avatar system (however you could make an avatar out of anything), which you needed to have unity to actually use. Now it seems that they streamlined it with existing avatars. They used to only have maybe 30 people per room max population. Now the max population per room has increased to maybe 300?

He said because of the max population cap changing the hub servers have been annoyingly crowded. The game changed from an online chat room to more like what I'd think of as a high population MMO in a city.

I've been playing Orbus VR recently. It came out last month and it's the equivalent of runescape in VR to me. It's super buggy, minimalist graphics and environment, but engaging population. I have a feeling that their audience will dwindle when another VR MMO does more when it's released. Since it's in early access I don't think we'll see significant changes (despite VR early access being actually quite reliable). For now I think it's worth the time invested. The combat is engaging, the cooperation between players is fun, the environments they made are interesting.
Love, your favorite forum poster, Jenna Tills
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #373771

NanookoftheNorth wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
My father played VR chat before it's high popularity. The structure of the game changed significantly for it to be so easily accessible. They had a terrible avatar system (however you could make an avatar out of anything), which you needed to have unity to actually use. Now it seems that they streamlined it with existing avatars. They used to only have maybe 30 people per room max population. Now the max population per room has increased to maybe 300?

He said because of the max population cap changing the hub servers have been annoyingly crowded. The game changed from an online chat room to more like what I'd think of as a high population MMO in a city.

I've been playing Orbus VR recently. It came out last month and it's the equivalent of runescape in VR to me. It's super buggy, minimalist graphics and environment, but engaging population. I have a feeling that their audience will dwindle when another VR MMO does more when it's released. Since it's in early access I don't think we'll see significant changes (despite VR early access being actually quite reliable). For now I think it's worth the time invested. The combat is engaging, the cooperation between players is fun, the environments they made are interesting.
I don't think the pop cap has increased to triple digits but i could be wrong

orbus is okay but it doesnt quite feel natural to play - the minimalist graphics are honestly not a big deal and they look fine, but the main issue is how stupidly flat and barren most areas are

the beginning town has such an absurd range between the buildings and it illustrates this very clearly, and this is the #1 reason why I think it looks bad, but it's going to be drowned out by people who think low poly = bad so idk
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #373774

Just a warning for rift users. I spent 8 hours in VR Yesterday, wake up today and I have an outline of the headset on my face in small red dots.

GET A DIFFERENT LINER FOR IT

a correct post by pillz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #373775

Yeah, I only tried my rift for one day whilst I was waiting for the cloth covers to arrive. Didn't feel good.

20 quid for two though...
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #373783

from what i understand both the rift and vive have (they actually call them this) facial interfaces which are like, not that great

apparently vr cover makes good shit

hoping to get one because you cant really wash the default one + the glue seems to be giving out??
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #373786

Glue? The covers are removeable.

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #373849

DrPillzRedux wrote:Glue? The covers are removeable.
yes but the cover is made of a plastic shell that connects to the headset and then foam is glued onto the plastic