Fake antags

naltronix
Byond Username: Naltronix

Fake antags

Post by naltronix » #353999

The previous round on bagil (78380) there were a couple of people acting like antags
e.g flashing with a regular flash as non sec, carrying around oxygen canisters painted to be freon (that happened)
it actually got the real revs outed and fucked the round
people that do this, should they be antag banned/banned for doing this shit?
I play as Asia Maclagan on Bagil, I dont play on Sybil often.

memes lie unseen down in ze spoiler
Spoiler:
god i do love diving into the fourms and finding gems like this
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Re: Fake antags

Post by DemonFiren » #354074

sure, let's ban metabreaking
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #354080

Having security arm up roundstart almost every round because someone is running around flashing people and shouting viva isn't funny.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #354082

Ban the chaplain for using the Changeling arm
Ban anyone not an antag from touching a flash
Ban anyone who makes contact with sec and isn't an antag

I'll agree that chucklefucking around pretending to be a round-antag as a round gimmick isn't especially entertaining, but I also recognize that my own fun is not what dictates fun for others. I'm inclined to allow more play that is not "sit behind console and make no social contact with others" and this certainly qualifies.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #354085

I actually use the flash trick to get myself implanted as a cultist so that nobody thinks to holy water me
naltronix
Byond Username: Naltronix

Post by naltronix » #354090

im not talking about people using antag items, im talking about people who make themselves look like antags by flashing everyone they see, for the whole round
like in revs flashers can be really annoying because its really easy to out real revs because the people who get flashed by the revhead dont scream fuck you
I play as Asia Maclagan on Bagil, I dont play on Sybil often.

memes lie unseen down in ze spoiler
Spoiler:
god i do love diving into the fourms and finding gems like this
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #354097

You can just de limb them
RogueSteampunker
Byond Username: RogueSteampunker

Post by RogueSteampunker » #354111

If they aren't harming people directly, then what point is there to ban them? They know the consequences for acting like an antag nonharmfully, and the line between IC punishment and a ban.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #354116

They should only be banned if they ahelp when theyre killed
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #354136

RogueSteampunker wrote:If they aren't harming people directly, then what point is there to ban them? They know the consequences for acting like an antag nonharmfully, and the line between IC punishment and a ban.
BeeSting12 wrote:They should only be banned if they ahelp when theyre killed
The argument being made here is that someone's antag round got ruined because someone pretended to be a retarded headrev so security cracked down and got the real headrevs.
So this thread got made because obviously antag rolls are sacred and absolutely every bad thing that could possibly happen outside of their control must be stripped from the game.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #354144

If someone is just doing this every round all round for an extended period they should probbably stop, but sec catching the revs because the clown pretended to convert the mine in front of the HOS is a classic
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #354145

time to remove metabreakers i guess
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #354146

imagine being such a bad head rev you have to blame your loss on other people.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #354148

RandomMarine wrote:
RogueSteampunker wrote:If they aren't harming people directly, then what point is there to ban them? They know the consequences for acting like an antag nonharmfully, and the line between IC punishment and a ban.
BeeSting12 wrote:They should only be banned if they ahelp when theyre killed
The argument being made here is that someone's antag round got ruined because someone pretended to be a retarded headrev so security cracked down and got the real headrevs.
So this thread got made because obviously antag rolls are sacred and absolutely every bad thing that could possibly happen outside of their control must be stripped from the game.
Feels like kind of a loophole though that if you randomly killed an antag FNR you'd be banned but if you randomly bait security into arresting the entire crew and getting every antag killed before they even do anything its an IC issue. The reason we have rules against random searches is because the game would be mind numbingly boring if security arresting everyone preemptively was normal behavior. Antags would never get to do anything and nothing bad would ever happen.
iamgoofball wrote:time to remove metabreakers i guess
Metabreakers are supposed to add confusion and cover for the antagonists and break up the flow of rounds to keep them entertaining, not give sec the excuse to arrest and search everyone and kill the cult in the first ten minutes because someone flashed someone else and now we're stuck in extended.
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #354157

Act like an antag, get treated like an antag.

And sec who gear up before the warden/HoS has seen a deconversion message is shit.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #354161

Kor is right though
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #354233

IMO, this should be treated like similar gimmicks and only be punishable if it's done too frequently
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Post by feem » #354238

PKPenguin321 wrote:IMO, this should be treated like similar gimmicks and only be punishable if it's done too frequently
noot noot the penguin is right

if you're doing this every round with the intention of fucking shit up then get the fuck out :singulo:

if you do this with the intent of ahelping whoever kills you then get the fuck out :roll:

if your non-antag non-crime spree ends with you dying horribly and you're okay with that then :popcorn:
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #354298

Where would the act of dropping several flashes in the hallways for :unknownman: greyscum :unknownman: to abuse fall?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #354326

Gun Hog wrote:Where would the act of dropping several flashes in the hallways for :unknownman: greyscum :unknownman: to abuse fall?
bad manners
Limey wrote:its too late.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #354327

Same as leaving floor pills full of mindbreaker toxin labelled "Yummy surprise". The fault of the greyshit as the blame rightfully belongs
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #354334

If players were told to ahelp it but that it's not explicitly against the rules it would probably help keep track of who's doing it repeatedly while still letting people do it every now and then
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #354336

This was part of my reason whining about flashes for so long. More common use no longer means flash = ITS REV
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #354338

Destroy
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #354346

Saegrimr wrote:This was part of my reason whining about flashes for so long. More common use no longer means flash = ITS REV
yeah it's pretty unfortunate that flashes are otherwise pretty useless, if you see someone using one it's likely either revs or some shitter trying to make people think it's revs

are they still good vs borgs?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #354347

Gun Hog wrote:Where would the act of dropping several flashes in the hallways for :unknownman: greyscum :unknownman: to abuse fall?
Littering
Qbopper wrote:are they still good vs borgs?
You can dunk a borg in the stun time from one flash. Two if you're unrobust. With the secborg trial going, this is an even bigger deal and should increase the value of flashes across the board.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #354350

I'm just posting to say I agree with PKP's reasoning that this should be treated similar to certain gimmicks. If it's done too often then it should be warned/punished.

Though my own opinion on rev is that flashes are perhaps too... overt? They aren't common to be carried around normally and maybe a more common item should be looked at for converting, but perhaps the secborg trial will change that as had been mentioned.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #354380

cedarbridge wrote:
Qbopper wrote:are they still good vs borgs?
You can dunk a borg in the stun time from one flash. Two if you're unrobust. With the secborg trial going, this is an even bigger deal and should increase the value of flashes across the board.
I remembered this being the case before but wasn't sure it was still in
Rustledjimm wrote:I'm just posting to say I agree with PKP's reasoning that this should be treated similar to certain gimmicks. If it's done too often then it should be warned/punished.

Though my own opinion on rev is that flashes are perhaps too... overt? They aren't common to be carried around normally and maybe a more common item should be looked at for converting, but perhaps the secborg trial will change that as had been mentioned.
make it so revs get spraycans and if you spray it in someones mouth it makes them yell WITNESS ME and they become a rev
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #354422

As a sec player this is hilarious when done with restraint.
Spam the gimmick and it becomes cancerous.
That being said if you play for a long time it's easy to guesstimate the actual chances of it being a certain antag but not much people can do that and it's still random chance/people will get tricked so it is going to be annoying sooner or later
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #354448

I've only warned/told people to cut that shit out when players do it over and over as pkpenguin said.

Luck did this shit all the time with the flash and shouting viva and doing the fake changeling this "g: yo any other lings" which is OOC is IC shit.

tldr: pkpenguin is right. Otherwise, just kick their shit in IC and maybe they'll get tired of the gimmick.
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #354480

The flash stun time is randomized between 4 to 6 or something and doesn't differentiate between human and silicon.

Source: Me, the person who set the current values for the flash because of
Saegrimr but edited wrote:Less common use means flash = ITS REV
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #354487

ExcessiveJMadison wrote: because of
Except it is entirely in securities benefit to be gullible (or faking it) when it comes to rev scares. The optimal strategy for security to "win" any mode would be to immediately arrest or kill every other crew member and the mode being rev (or security thinking its rev) gives them the green light to do just that.

If there is no penalty for falling for fake revs, it's not gonna teach them not to fall for it if you make flashes more common, it will just give sec the excuse to do what they're probably itching to do anyway.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #354552

Kor wrote:
ExcessiveJMadison wrote: because of
Except it is entirely in securities benefit to be gullible (or faking it) when it comes to rev scares. The optimal strategy for security to "win" any mode would be to immediately arrest or kill every other crew member and the mode being rev (or security thinking its rev) gives them the green light to do just that.

If there is no penalty for falling for fake revs, it's not gonna teach them not to fall for it if you make flashes more common, it will just give sec the excuse to do what they're probably itching to do anyway.
But having them common allows for us to better explain why that's not ok (IE because it's a good personal defense weapon), where as keeping them as basically hardtells makes it easier to assume rev and start cargotration camps whenever anyone of any rank has a flash on them.

That's the whole point of metabreakers, and people exploiting these to be l0lhitler goes in the face of that (and to a degree should be handled OOCly). However, administrating people trying to survive because they think it's one of the roflstomp modes is also kinda lame. It's not a fun discussion to have because metabreakers are a double-edged sword for this very reason.

This of course makes the assumption "VIVA *flashes everybody*" and a guy simply having a flash on them are one in the same. This also makes the assumption that people are maliciously assuming rev to fuck people over, and don't actually believe it's rev (genuine misinformation). A lot of variables.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #354790

Funny, the few times I tried this gimmick, sec was always smart enough to figure it wasn't actually rev. Even when I managed to pull a perfectly timed "he remembers his allegiance etc." emote when they implanted me, they still didn't take the bait. I guess sec quality has really gone down lately uh
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #354793

Probably because headrevs are outright immune to implants and don't get the "he remembers his allegiance".

Also using emotes to emulate game messages, while amusing, seems liable to get you banned when it does cause sec to go hitlermode and is justified on all fronts.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #354804

Emulating game messages with emotes definitely crosses a line- I've faked revs a couple times and I was only noted when I faked the message
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #354813

Arianya wrote:Probably because headrevs are outright immune to implants and don't get the "he remembers his allegiance".

Also using emotes to emulate game messages, while amusing, seems liable to get you banned when it does cause sec to go hitlermode and is justified on all fronts.
Yeah it was probably "seems to resist the implant" or whatever the message is.
feem

Post by feem » #354814

Grazyn wrote: Yeah it was probably "seems to resist the implant" or whatever the message is.
Don't do this.
Cobby
Code Maintainer

Post by Cobby » #354826

how do you emulate the message when it's a different span?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #354834

the same way I, /me whips out an electrified arcane arm, to make sec freak out and valid me
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #354840

Someone once faked an emote but put a spelling error in it on purpose to try and fuck with me so I just treated them 100% seriously and executed them. The salt harvest was good that day.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #354846

It goes without saying that I wouldn't have ahelped if sec had decided to execute me on the spot, but they saw right through my ruse and I got gulaged instead.
Atlanta-Ned
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Atlanta-ned

Post by Atlanta-Ned » #354863

ExcessiveJMadison wrote:how do you emulate the message when it's a different span?
They should all be different spans. Grumble.
Statbus! | Admin Feedback
OOC: Pizzatiger: God damn Atlanta, how are you so fucking smart and charming. It fucking pisses me off how perfect you are
feem

Post by feem » #354963

Nilons wrote:Someone once faked an emote but put a spelling error in it on purpose to try and fuck with me so I just treated them 100% seriously and executed them. The salt harvest was good that day.
this is fine

they should have been icly dunked and then banned/noted

this is correct handling of this situation
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #354979

Nilons wrote:Someone once faked an emote but put a spelling error in it on purpose to try and fuck with me so I just treated them 100% seriously and executed them. The salt harvest was good that day.
out of curiosity do you remember what the emote was
WarbossLincoln
Byond Username: WarbossLincoln

Post by WarbossLincoln » #355054

Act like an antag, get treated like an antag. If someone is running around pretending to be a rev head then arrest them and treat them like one. If they're running around flashing people yelling viva then perma or execute them for sedition. Sure they might not be a Rev™ Brand Rev but IC they're inciting a rebellion. Act accordingly. Then they get banned when they adminhelp.
--Crocodillo

Nilons

Post by Nilons » #355057

Qbopper wrote:
I think it was the rev implant break one(when you implant a revhead), can't remember for sure though

The best part was they kept yelling "DUDE NO CANT YOU SEE ITS SPELLED DIFFERENT ARE YOU RETARDED" while I stun bludgeoned them to death
Signature Memes

obscolene
Byond Username: Obscolene

Post by obscolene » #355101

Nilons wrote:The best part was they kept yelling "DUDE NO CANT YOU SEE ITS SPELLED DIFFERENT ARE YOU RETARDED" while I stun bludgeoned them to death
If you do something with the sole intention of convincing others, through unorthodox means which break the rules, that you are someone whose antagonistic role is to kill the heads of staff -- then complain about being treated poorly by the role specifically created for combating antagonists and keeping the peace, I believe you may qualify for multiple criteria on the mental retardation checklist. ??
[center]sc#4622 | everybodygangstauntilnig.ga (UPDATED FREQUENTLY)[/center]
[03:46:59]EMOTE: The Dreamweaver/(Steve Leaf) : <b>Steve Leaf</b> starts jacking lizard dick. (129,128,2)
[03:47:33]SAY: Steve Leaf/The Dreamweaver : OH FUCK IM CHOAKING (129,128,2)
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #355145

Nilons wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
I think it was the rev implant break one(when you implant a revhead), can't remember for sure though

The best part was they kept yelling "DUDE NO CANT YOU SEE ITS SPELLED DIFFERENT ARE YOU RETARDED" while I stun bludgeoned them to death
I can see this in my head and it's perfect
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #355329

imblyings wrote:the same way I, /me whips out an electrified arcane arm, to make sec freak out and valid me
printing a blank book titled "cryptographic sequencer" and stuffing it into your backpack the instant you see a sec officer before running the other way is always a classic