Spess Cars Thread

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
srifenbyxp
Byond Username: Srifenbyxp

Spess Cars Thread

Post by srifenbyxp » #35614

We talk about cars, repairs, and how not to loan your car out to your neighbor.

I just spent 6 hours at a junk yard pulling off 3 timing belt covers. By odins beard I wish my muscles had hurt in a good way.
To be robust is not about combat prowess, it is the state of readiness for the situation at hand.
Big Faggot
Byond Username: Floof5467

Re: Spess Cars Thread

Post by Big Faggot » #35655

my neighbors repair their car all day and night sometimes they dont sleep and idk even if they are actually fixing things or breaking them somtiumes. also theyve got dark skin.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #35751

We're down to only two racecars that we own. Well two and another chassis sitting around nobody is doing anything with.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #35967

Funny story about my relationship with cars. From about 2008 to 2011 I went through two cars and nearly a third.

First one was a decently maintained 94 Blazer. I loved that truck. Blew a head gasket and was barely able to get it home before it seized. The second was a 93 Cougar. Good, tough car. Had to have someone else do some work on it due to time constraints on my end and paid for it when they fucked up an apparently defective fuel line which caused my engine to literally burst into flames. The shop's insurance actually paid me 2 grand for the whole thing... which was more than I'd actually paid for it(including work that had been done).

Third was my current car, a 2010 Elantra. Really good solid car, i love this thing. But I accidentally rearended a guy in a low speed collision. I'd managed to break enough to simply fuck up my front end and slightly bend his hitch. Cops wouldn't let me drive home because I was leaking fluids. Actually a fairly easy fix and my insurance paid for it. SO hey. Had it been worse... yea.

But I guess with my luck I CAN say I'm truly form jersey.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #36025

I sold the vette because it had too many problems and broke down on me in rush hour freeway traffic. Now I have this fucker.

So comfy and has a V8.

thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #36397

What is that it looks lovely

Also 914 porsches are hilarious
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #36422

>2012 Impala
>V8

Let's see it. Most of the models on the road only have the V6.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #36726

It's a 2007 Monte Carlo SS, faget

Rude
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #36801

Huh, they identical from the front.

But what's the point of having a V8 engine if you only have an automatic transmission to play with it? It blows my mind that Chevy keeps putting V6's and V8's in cars and then refusing to offer manual transmissions unless you're looking at a Camaro.

Don't tell me your Corvette was an auto.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #36814

The Monte Carlo was the Impala's 2 door sister. The 7th gen (2006-2007) was only produced for a 1 and 1/2 year, cut off in the 2nd half of 2007. 2007 SS Monte's, especially with the rally package, are fucking rare. The Monte Carlo shares interior parts with the Impala, but not exterior besides door handles.

There's something else about it, you might not like it

It's FWD w/Transverse mounting

It's great in the rain and is just as fast as my vette. When it's dry I can literally spin the tires FOREVER. I mean that literally. It's hilarious. Also if I nail the gas the car get massive insane torque steer.

Here's my engine.

And here's some revs

http://cancer killing /tg/.com/i/s0Eaji47INnc

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #36882

How are you getting torque steering with a horizontally opposed engine?

Hey jabs aside that's a lot of car for the KBB around $10k. It sounds like you're happy with it, and that's what matters most.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: