Integrated electronics

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Selea
Byond Username: Serpentarium

Integrated electronics

Post by Selea » #356470

Hello.I've started this theme for suggestions about further improvements of integrated electronics.I am recieving many suggestions, so I decided to start this theme to collect them.

1.mining locator
2.color 2 text converter and reverse
3.id card slot to allow bot open dooors.
4.fingerprint scanner-button with ref scanner
5.eye scanner--scan ref to mob,who examined assembly
6. integrated RPD/RCD
7.radio (I not gonna do it:telecomms too fucked up.I've tryed)

what else?
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Re: Integrated electronics

Post by Shezza » #356474

emags, so we can have drones that automaticaly emag everything

can drones set off tank-transfer-valves?
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
naltronix
Byond Username: Naltronix

Post by naltronix » #356476

>be drone
>have emag module
>i just accidentally myself
I play as Asia Maclagan on Bagil, I dont play on Sybil often.

memes lie unseen down in ze spoiler
Spoiler:
god i do love diving into the fourms and finding gems like this
Selea

Post by Selea » #356492

well...sindie IE modules may gonna happen.
explain about transfer values.
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #356499

Lane requested a way to make them break rocks/mine
Selea

Post by Selea » #356504

Kor, you already can put plasma cutter or accelerator into turret and mine.
Also,Ninja and Antur approved IE for testmerge.I was told to bug you about it.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #356510

Selea wrote:Kor, you already can put plasma cutter or accelerator into turret and mine.
Also,Ninja and Antur approved IE for testmerge.I was told to bug you about it.
Integrated ore storage. It lets the circuit have a dedicated storage for mined ores.

So, you use a plasma cutter with the turret, mining locator to find the ore, some sort of control setup, the grabber to collect the ore, and the storage to hold the ore (which would have a much larger capacity than anything else, say about 50 ores). It will allow for the construction of functional mining bots.
Selea

Post by Selea » #356557

you already can make shitty minebot.It can mine all the rock without difference,store it in stacked grabbers. then it can take all the ore to given dps coordinates.
It can either be powered by special recharging station, or drink welding fuel itself.
But there are bags for plants and bio.So why module only for ore? Or there is better option,thn strictly specialized storage modules?
Darkgenerallord
Byond Username: Darkgenerallord

Post by Darkgenerallord » #356570

Can the drones use ore bags? If not, I'd appreciate them being able to. Reasoning for this is to let it have more storage than the default grabber thing, since otherwise it'll be tiny.

Other than that:

The ability to use computers/autolathes to print off items. Could be wireless, could be not.

Access to the tablet network, maybe?

A way for drones to recognize the health of something.

That's really all I've got for the moment tbh
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #356579

A module that response to attack_ai() maybe?
Selea

Post by Selea » #356583

1.hm.
2.I like idea. but it depends mostly not on drones,but on networks.
3.i like it.
4.health already implemented.
5.hm.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #356923

More generic item using component (attack component)
tool component (which has all tool flags, so it can build machines etc easily)
pAI circuit
shocker needs nerf
allow insertion of items in circuit without removing it from assembly
add xenobiology scanner
add dragging component
bump component (items bump functionallity when it hits something)
add a* component :^) pls i need it thank you
add keyboard input (from actual player) for drones, for manual control and pulses
add viewscreens to see bots vision (or combine with above for control+camera)
hug/harm/disarm components, optionally grab component.
emote component
VOX component
Selea

Post by Selea » #357823

need to make plant module kill space vines
Supermichael777
Byond Username: Supermichael777

Post by Supermichael777 » #366095

A thing that takes a pulse and flips an internal binary switch.
oranges wrote:It's my game, not yours
Never forget the corruption of these halls

You seem to be under the mistaken impression that I actually care.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Omar Beail says, "You guys should fuck for my entertainment"
Classy, TG, Classy

OOC: KorPhaeron: Admins aren't allowed to have friends

OOC: Daman997: I HAVE POSTED VIDEOS OF A MAN FUCKING A SNAKE IN OOC GIVE ME THAT LINK PUSSY
An0n3 wrote:Take the same brand of retardation and invert it and you have people saying "It's okay for a game to cost more because I enjoyed it!
Spoiler:
Q: Why does everyone assume I’m a pervert just for wanting to play as a cat girl?
A: Because they’re degenerate cocksuckers who cannot fathom that another person might have pure intentions in wanting to play as the cat girl master race. Their wish fulfillment fetish-tier races like elves, aasimars, goliaths, and hobgoblins are perfectly fine in their mad, lust-filled minds, such that the purity and perfection of cat girls burns at their evil perverted hearts.

Q: Where are the cat boys?
A: I don’t follow.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #366156

There is already a boolean circuit I think

Surgery bots would be nice if we could do that maybe make them do it slower for balance so humans have a place or random failure chance added for circuits to make for slightly more complex programming and a bit of a health cost.

Definitely need to get past pure iron construction and damage immunity though maybe let people fill spare space with plating to give more health when that becomes a thing. Part economy needs to be played with I rescind my reservations on killbots but probably needs to be stages of anything that can be used to hurt people cooldowns etc, the best gravity gun design I saw had spare internal room for extra nastiness and was still a backpack storable drone chassis so even if it can't be made much better you can fill your backpack with instacrit gravity guns. If they are too good now sorta stands in the way of putting anything sillier in like say an exosuit sized big bulky chassis.

The only way to take them down quickly being putting them in your backpack is silly and full of holes especially with the large assembly being bulky meaning it doesn't fit there. Good luck holding onto it while it vomits a grenade of some sort at you for being detected by a short range locator or something while probably still chucking stuff at people or shooting them or whatevs.
Selea

Post by Selea » #366599

I need ideas,how to implement mining scaner and drill.
How is better to make control of them? And how mining scaner will represent data?
Selea

Post by Selea » #366682

Also I need Ideas about this moments:
1.How to avoid thrower and gun stacking to ridicolous levels? Many whining about it.Im a not gonna put limits of number of any component. but maybe I should put capacitor to restrict max energy use/s. Do you have other suggestions?
But still you must be able to make something robust.Just not insane robust.
2. Now reagent related machines have self refference pin, whickh pushes data when you examine it. I know, that it's horrible decidion, so I want to ask for better.Even If I can put pulse in pins into reagent beakers, there is problem with injector and heater.
RandolfTheMeh
Byond Username: RandolfTheMeh

Post by RandolfTheMeh » #366686

Selea wrote:Also I need Ideas about this moments:
1.How to avoid thrower and gun stacking to ridicolous levels? Many whining about it.Im a not gonna put limits of number of any component. but maybe I should put capacitor to restrict max energy use/s. Do you have other suggestions?
Not sure what you said for 2., but for 1., just increase the component size/complexity for the thrower and fire arm mechanism so that you can't fit more than two in. This leaves you with the decision to have one of such and complex circuitry for higher-level operation, or two with lower-level complexity. Also necessitates that one uses NTNet to operate data management if you want two guns and higher-level operation, which kinda allows for an increased time, increased reward aspect.

As for your previous post, Advanced Locator Lists- locators in general, work off of a rather broad input system. I recall telling others when circuits were initially introduced that to get a ref you need to put in a ref of your desired type in the input. Although this works, I've found that it also works off of strings, so inputting a specific person's name will ONLY return a ref that has that specific person's name (very valuable for higher-level ref seeking). That being said, I'm not certain if this works, but perhaps you can input "Rock Wall" or whatever the formal name for the walls in lavaland are, and it'll return a list of all "rock wall" refs. Could be made complex by putting in multiple input strings for things like Lava, or lavaland Fauna, so it has a prioritized behavior it takes over mining so that it doesn't just run into lava. Then you just use a plasma cutter attached to a firing mechanism and it shoots the walls. Pathfinding is another beast, but given it's lavaland, you'll probably just want it to shoot everything within range then move North.
Rarely posts
Selea

Post by Selea » #366694

locator can't deal with turfs yet.
Selea

Post by Selea » #366980

What do you think about possibility to gib corpses for grinder circuit?
Selea

Post by Selea » #377270

Next update will probably include id usage for doors, a*pathfinder, claw upgrade(to move grabbed thing around in given dir),mining scanner,mining drill(maybe),ref output for locomotion to obtain ref to object, which is blocking path,fast counter(no cooldown,but no pulse out),fast locomotion(can move really fast, but needs cooling),reducing cooldown of every non manipulation non list circuit to 0.1,ntnet interfaces for some machines to control them remotely,turf scanner. and ,probably, special buttons in some circuits to stick into grenades/guns in assembly case.
autospacing is near.
Last edited by Selea on Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #377334

Any chance for something that can use or contain surgery tools? I dream of an AutoDoc...
Selea

Post by Selea » #377335

I am dreaming about it too, but not sure how to do it.
Selea

Post by Selea » #377337

If Kevinz will success with storage, I'll make circuit for storage manipulation.Also with tools refactor, I'll try to make tool modules.