Give cult back it's one person convert.

A place to record your ideas for the game.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Give cult back it's one person convert.

Post by Bluespace » #35342

Because construct cult for the billionth time is predictable, boring, and forces people into static roles.
A conversion cult right now is very, very hard to pull off.
An engineer, mime, and librarian huddled together? Almost certainly cult. People don't stick around together, they just don't, it makes it very obivious when something is happening.
Even if you get 3 people, a lot of cultist players don't have the communication and co-ordination required to actually invoke a rune.
Furthermore, trying to roleplay conversion is hell, people either validdunk you, pretend to co-operate then backstab and arrest you, or just straight up fuck up trying to actually do it.

Give back conversion cult, or remove the convert rune and acknowledge the death of conversion.
I play Boris Pepper.
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Re: Give cult back it's one person convert.

Post by Reimoo » #35354

One person convert is lame and is what made cult a rev knockoff.

If you have to nerf it, at least have it require two people.
omnitricks

Post by omnitricks » #35360

I would prefer something like constructs are not counted as escapees or allowed to be used to summon nar sie. That way at least there will be less murderbone-shard-construct sometimes which is better than all the time as it is. Its way easier to kill someone and shard them than to convert them and players just think that a construct is more useful than other humans therefore adding to the construct mentality. A few times I surrendered to the cultists without any trouble for them to be converted and ended up made a construct because of the "hooray construct mentality" which generally pisses me off.

When I get made a construct in situations where the cult could have easily converted me just because making constructs is considered easier, I just fuck off or be ridiculously incompetent. The only times I ever make constructs are when things are fubar, we already go loud or when someone pisses me off too much that I construct them as a punishment.

Seriously. Either make converting easier or make constructs a less desirable alternative. I hate playing silicons because I have to obey stupid humans and I hate playing constructs because I have to obey stupid cultists. It doesn't make it better than I get bwoinked when I ignore cultists because I am not happy being made a construct instead of being converted.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #35364

Why not have a two person conversion then. I agree that having many people together is troublesome, but I don't want to go back to one person conversions either.

Admittedly constructs also might need some work.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #35377

I would love to make converts even if I am running construct cult. Problem is constructs don't count toward the convert rune so if enough cultists die/dawdle stupidly you can reach a point of no converts. Once had an engineer submit himself to being converted by me after I killed all of security only to end up killing him because I could not convert and the wait on the other human cultists getting there to sac the target was almost five minutes or something, the man was bored to death basically.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #35391

Reimoo wrote:If you have to nerf it, at least have it require two people.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #35396

Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #35398

Wonderful, it'll be a small change but enough to hopefully bring conversion cult back into play.

EDIT: What are the chances we could also get words on convert?
I sacced the entirety of genetic's monkies and got 0 words. We have so many cool runes but in the last 10 cult rounds i've been in, i've literally been the only one using them.
I play Boris Pepper.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #35424

Malk changed how all the research worked, I dunno, I'm not gonna mess with taht shit, but this is a simple change I can do
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
flazeo25

Post by flazeo25 » #35578

yeah clicking a wrong worded rune does do damage but its still easy if you know most runes colors. like dark red for wall rune, dark blue for see,astral jorueny runes.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #35748

It was sadbutt that made invalid runes deal a fuck ton of damage.

Sacrifice should be a guaranteed new word that is currently unknown to you, providing the sacrifice passes its RNG check - I did buff them but monkeys aren't a guarantee of getting words.
Didn't really change it much as I planned to replace words with a cult power system.
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #35803

Sabbat if I recall correctly pretty much had to be talked out of having incorrect runes instantly crit you. Why remove a feature when you can keep it and make it fatal?
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #35819

Incomptinence wrote:Sabbat if I recall correctly pretty much had to be talked out of having incorrect runes instantly crit you. Why remove a feature when you can keep it and make it fatal?
Sounds dumb
callanrockslol
Byond Username: Callanrockslol

Post by callanrockslol » #35882

Incomptinence wrote:Sabbat if I recall correctly pretty much had to be talked out of having incorrect runes instantly crit you. Why remove a feature when you can keep it and make it fatal?
Because all the cultists dying instantly from messing up a rune is fucking awful and ruins the game, punishment mechanics don't work in a game like this where the bad guys don't get a second chance.

You have to remember that Sabbat was Sabbat is Sabbat and likely still Sabbat.
The most excessive signature on /tg/station13.

Still not even at the limit after 8 fucking years.
Spoiler:
Urist Boatmurdered [Security] asks, "Why does Zol have a captain-level ID?"
Zol Interbottom [Security] says, "because"

Sergie Borris lives on in our hearts

Zaros (No id) [145.9] says, "WITH MY SUPER WIZARD POWERS I CAN TELL CALLAN IS MAD."
Anderson Conagher wrote:Callan is sense.
Errorage wrote:When I see the win vista, win 7 and win 8 hourglass cursor, it makes me happy
Cause it's a circle spinning around
I smile and make circular motions with my finger to imiatate it
petethegoat wrote:slap a comment on it and call it a feature
MisterPerson wrote:>playing
Do you think this is a game?
Gun Hog wrote:Untested code baby
oranges wrote:for some reason all our hosts turn into bohemia software communities after they implode
Malkevin wrote:I was the only one that voted for you Callan.
Miggles wrote:>centration development
>trucking
ill believe it when snakes grow arms and strangle me with them

OOC: Aranclanos: that sounds like ooc in ooc related to ic to be ooc and confuse the ic
OOC: Dionysus24779: We're nearing a deep philosophical extistential level

Admin PM from-Jordie0608: 33-Jan-2552| Warned: Is a giraffe dork ~tony abbott

OOC: Saegrimr: That wasn't a call to pray right now callan jesus christ you're fast.

OOC: Eaglendia: Glad I got to see the rise, fall, rise, and fall of Zol

OOC: Armhulenn: CALLAN
OOC: Armhulenn: YOU MELTED MY FUCKING REVOLVER
OOC: Armhulenn: AND THEN
OOC: Armhulenn: GAVE ME MELTING MELONS
OOC: Armhulenn: GOD FUCKING BLESS YOU
OOC: Armhulenn: you know what's hilarious though
OOC: Armhulenn: I melted ANOTHER TRAITOR'S REVOLVER AFTER THAT

7/8/2016 never forget
Armhulen wrote:
John_Oxford wrote:>implying im not always right
all we're saying is that you're not crag son
bandit wrote:we already have a punishment for using our code for your game, it's called using our code for your game
The evil holoparasite user I can't believe its not DIO and his holoparasite I can't believe its not Skub have been defeated by the Spacedust Crusaders, but what has been taken from the station can never be returned.

OOC: TheGel: Literally a guy in a suit with a shuttle full of xenos. That's a doozy
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #35889

I know, I was being sarcastic in the second sentence. It makes about as much sense as turning the old mining smelter into a hostile mob.