No more admin feedback?

General SS13 Chat
damiac
Rarely plays

Re: No more admin feedback?

Post by damiac » #36715

Bottom post of the previous page:

Oh hi Brotemis. Stop complaining about specific administration decisions, this isn't the thread for that.

You were from all accounts a pretty decent admin, with a HORRIBLE attitude. On the forums, all one really got to experience was the attitude, but I think your feedback thread pretty accurately showed both your administrative skill and how bad of a taste you left in everyone's mouth who had to deal with you (administratively, that is). Even someone good at what they do screws up once in a while, and when you did, you were just a dick to everyone involved.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #36730

Cheridan wrote:
miggles wrote:its not as if admins dont already see themselves as inherently good
i mean, they dont even need feedback, theyre already perfect!
If you have negative feedback (ie. a complaint), you can use the admin complaint forum. If you have positive feedback, well according to you they already see themselves as good so that's not needed.
These are not the same things Cheridan. The point of the feedback forum is so that headmins (too bad there's really none of these left) could take admin complaints threads seriously and actually do something about admins who have legitimate complaints and filter out the one-off grudges people want to hash out in feedback. The complaints forum being spammed up with useless shit rather that serious, important bad things that admins may or may not have done is way worse than a forum with threads where people can get shit off their chest in a public setting. In personal PMs, admins are more likely to be snarky, or completely ignore the minor feedback or issues people have with admins. In a public thread that's already been made (again, making a thread for something minor is unnecessary) it's a lot easier to chip in and add something about your personal experiences with an admin. This was my whole idea behind feedback, not providing a soapbox for people to shitpost but rather to filter out the stupid grudge issues that are less huge infractions and rather little things people can work on from the complaints forum because there was a BIG problem with that before the feedback forum was made.

Here's an example: 'he was kind of rude to me in a PM' does not warrant a complaint thread, rather just a post in their feedback thread, where either the admin can choose to respond (they are not forced to do this in any way) or just let it be if it's false. The forum moderators (most of them are ingame admins) have chosen to do neither of these things, instead moderate each other's admin feedback threads by culling posts like this by deigning them 'shitposting' judging on the tone of the posts. No, HG is right, its not the admins' jobs to be liked, but a lot of (good) admins work on their interactions with players and how they conduct themselves. The feedback forum helped those kinds of admins. The admins it didn't help were admins who never wanted to improve themselves or hash out problems players might have with them by either apologizing or explaining why they made a decision on a ban. Yes, people will forever be buttmad and leave negative feedback because they broke rules that were already clear, but maybe sometimes a player didn't know better or what have you. Yes, it's not the admins' job to explain everything to players who have gotten banned, but this kind of interaction with people (ESPECIALLY ones you've banned in the past or disagreed with) is incredibly important for admins, even if it isn't in their job description(I'm looking at you, Hornygranny).

I find it really funny that the feedback only got worse the more the moderators chose to censor feedback left and right. You brought the downfall in quality on yourselves and just ended up pissing off people who were already pissed off with admins.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #36737

once again violaceus hops into a thread without knowing what hes talking about
(and says something along the lines of "you people" at least once)
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #36740

miggles wrote:once again violaceus hops into a thread without knowing what hes talking about
This holy shit
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #36744

paprika wrote:
miggles wrote:once again violaceus hops into a thread without knowing what hes talking about
This holy shit
The day came when I was forced to agree with both Paprika and miggles at once. I read about this somewhere in Revelations.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #36784

This whole thread is hostile with a majority of the hostility coming from paprka and miggles.
miggles

Post by miggles » #36794

paprika is my alter ego
Reimoo
Byond Username: Reimoo

Post by Reimoo » #36802

NikNakFlak wrote:This whole thread is hostile with a majority of the hostility coming from paprka and miggles.
Might as well lock it then, right?
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #36803

Or, alternatively and arguably the better solution is for people to chill out and argue their point without being hostile and insulting about it.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #36845

NikNakFlak wrote:Or, alternatively and arguably the better solution is for people to chill out and argue their point without being hostile and insulting about it.
Reasonable discussion is for singulo, not here.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Swagile
Byond Username: Swagile

Post by Swagile » #36876

@peoplearestrange

what i meant is that the people should be the ones that decide whether feedback is shit or not, especially if we get public logging like Aurx suggested, instead of admins

if its an OBVIOUS shitpost, like:

tommy posted: lol

then sure, remove it. but a collective of "shitposts" might just mean said admin is doing something wrong (unless, of course, its just a bunch of alt accounts) but a collective of positive one liner posts might mean said admin is doing well, and its up to the admin to ask these individuals what they mean

for example:

player: your cool
admin: why?
player: well, you helped me out one time in adminPM when i was just a scrub tier newbie
admin: oh, ok

or

player: you are shit
admin: why?
player: you once did this really bad event
admin: how was it bad?
player: it killed me at round start ;(
admin: ok, ill stop

not every is going to write up a huge fucking format for every bad or good experience they have with an administrator to make it prim and proper so it doesn't get deleted (aka admin complaints board)

but that was old /tg/, aka a perfect world ;(

/tg/ station github 420 issues
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #36886

Why did Brotemis's posts get deleted? They weren't any more hostile than his usual, which is about equal with HG's and mine.

Were actual users complaining about the admin feedback and steno boards, or just admins? And when you guys say "We decided in adminbus" what does that really mean? Who brought up the idea?
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #36888

Both posts had straight up namecalling in them, totally unveiled insults.

I believe it was HBL who floated the idea. I consulted the other forum admins, and MSO said it was up to HBL since game admins control FNR.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #36892

I don't even care anymore. If I was an admin I wouldn't want to be accountable for my terrible interactions with players either. When players act like shit in admin PMs and act aggressive they get banned based on that alone. When admins do it nothing happens even though they're the ones that are supposed to remain neutral and level headed and the pissed off player who either just got griefed or is being accused of something he might have not done is not allowed to be a little pissed.

Enjoy your hot pockets.
Swagile
Byond Username: Swagile

Post by Swagile » #36897

just waiting for someone to comment with "everyone who is defending this are shit players!!!!" and the thread to be locked by a forum mod under the pretense of shitposting with no actual admin ruling

/tg/ station github 420 issues
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #36898

Eh, what's done is done, I've said my piece, no point in going in circles I guess. Although I'd love to know what Bro's response was to my post, they're usually amusing at least, plus sometimes he makes good points between the frothing insane rants.

Speaking of frothing insane rants, what ever happened to SAC?
QuartzCrystal
Byond Username: QuartzCrystal

Post by QuartzCrystal » #36899

paprika wrote:I don't even care anymore. If I was an admin I wouldn't want to be accountable for my terrible interactions with players either. When players act like shit in admin PMs and act aggressive they get banned based on that alone. When admins do it nothing happens even though they're the ones that are supposed to remain neutral and level headed and the pissed off player who either just got griefed or is being accused of something he might have not done is not allowed to be a little pissed.

Enjoy your hot pockets.
We *are* accountable. It's called admin complaints.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #36902

That's a funny joke. Thread locked :)
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #36904

My point of view is that most 'feedback' is non - specific comments that basically boil down to 'He ban me. He suck.' Or 'he event me. He good.'

The feedback forums were a joke from beginning even if well intentioned. Its admirable but futile in the end if feedback devolves into nonspecific compliments on one end and name calling on the other.

Basically is there a better option than a 'admin feedback' forum? Or are people going to be willing to post actual feedback. None of this 'pile of shitposts amount to something.' A pile of shit is still, at its very base, shit.
damiac
Rarely plays

Post by damiac » #36908

A pile of shit is shit, sure, but a pile of shit with some gold nuggets in it can be harvested, and then you have gold! Shiny shiny gold!

Sort of like the playerbase itself. Sure, there's a mountain of shit there, but there are a lot of good players. You don't throw away the game because there are a lot of shitty players in it.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #36960

damiac wrote:You don't throw away the game because there are a lot of shitty players in it.
We don't even throw out the players a lot of the time. ツ
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

UtterNewbie

Post by UtterNewbie » #37050

Hornygranny wrote:Stickymayhem had generally positive feedback, but is one of the only people to have gotten in trouble for misconduct in quite a while.
I left him negative feedback calling him unprofessional and unable to resolve conflicts, it was promptly deleted as a "thinly veiled ban appeal" by Pandarsenic/peoplearestrange(forgot which).

Even though it made absolutely no mention of any ban and it was Stickymayhem himself to make it about one. Week later he gets banned for just that kind of unprofessional behavior.

Similarly to how admin complaints get instantly locked and argued "you must ban appeal your 15 min ban first even when it's over already", admin feedback was a place of positive encouragement with an iron smile. :^)
Ikarrus
Byond Username: Ikarrus
Github Username: Ikarrus

Post by Ikarrus » #37112

http://tgstation13.org/phpBB/memberlist ... group&g=10

>Users of this group will be unable to see the admin feedback forum.

This is honestly getting ridiculous now.
Former Dev/Headmin
Who is this guy?
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #37118

HOLY SHIT LOL I'M LAUGHING SO HARD.

Okay let me put this into perspective Hg and elynia you're the type of niggas okay okay listen up you're the type of niggas who like put their hands in their ears and scream "I'M NOT GOING tO LISTEN YADADADADADADADDA" and then continue to do whatever the fuck wrong they were doing. You're babies basically. You can't handle feedback, and you disguise it to the fact that it's all shitposting. No, you're delusional, it's not all shitposting; it's just easier for you to deal with everyone hating you by pretending it's shitposting.

I never thought I would say this but holy shit singulo is literally a haven for discussion without any forum mod putting their subjective will on what people see.

i guess i gotta puush this post as well before any fuckface thinks it'll be a great idea to delete it 4 no raisin.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #37119

Brotemis wrote:My point of view is that most 'feedback' is non - specific comments that basically boil down to 'He ban me. He suck.' Or 'he event me. He good.'

The feedback forums were a joke from beginning even if well intentioned. Its admirable but futile in the end if feedback devolves into nonspecific compliments on one end and name calling on the other.

Basically is there a better option than a 'admin feedback' forum? Or are people going to be willing to post actual feedback. None of this 'pile of shitposts amount to something.' A pile of shit is still, at its very base, shit.
This is sort of ironic because (to actually answer HBL's question) I was going to point out Brotemis' thread, at least for a little while, as an example of players giving detailed/constructive criticism and the admin actually responding to it in turn.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #37120

I can't stop laughing
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #37123

PSA: elynia is a dude
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Hornygranny
Horny Police
Byond Username: Hornygranny

Post by Hornygranny » #37128

ColonicAcid wrote:HOLY SHIT LOL I'M LAUGHING SO HARD.

Okay let me put this into perspective Hg and elynia you're the type of niggas okay okay listen up you're the type of niggas who like put their hands in their ears and scream "I'M NOT GOING tO LISTEN YADADADADADADADDA" and then continue to do whatever the fuck wrong they were doing. You're babies basically. You can't handle feedback, and you disguise it to the fact that it's all shitposting. No, you're delusional, it's not all shitposting; it's just easier for you to deal with everyone hating you by pretending it's shitposting.

I never thought I would say this but holy shit singulo is literally a haven for discussion without any forum mod putting their subjective will on what people see.

i guess i gotta puush this post as well before any fuckface thinks it'll be a great idea to delete it 4 no raisin.
I think I made it abundantly clear that I did not care what feedback was left for me when the board is open. Not seeing the board at all is a convenience; people who think it isn't waste of time can moderate it instead of me.

Yes, deleting it then bringing it back but making a group for people who want to ignore it is farcical as hell.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #37130

Like I said, admins who don't want to view feedback don't have to, they aren't the types of admins who would benefit from it in the first place. We DO have admins who like feedback though.

Additionally, your thread should remain open. Even if you don't read it, people might have stuff they will want to get off their chest without PMing you directly.
miggles

Post by miggles » #37133

ColonicAcid wrote:i guess i gotta puush this post as well before any fuckface thinks it'll be a great idea to delete it 4 no raisin.
ive been doing that with every post of mine in this thread