leibniz

qsleepy
Byond Username: Qsleepy

leibniz

Post by qsleepy » #369714

Byond account and character name: Qsleepy, ???
Admin: Leibniz
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred:
ROUND ID HERE:
Detailed Summary:
Ahelped after getting gulaged for committing zero crimes but not being, "welcome" in engineering. CE never said a word to me, get arrested and shipped off to prison colony for being assigned to engineering from HoP.

leibniz - "next time sign up for engineering role"

How do I throw in or vote against this guy becoming a full admin?
Last edited by Okand37 on Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Updated to proper format, please fill in the rest of the blanks when available.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Re: leibniz

Post by BeeSting12 » #369716

Use the format.

Post Content:
Byond account and character name:
Admin:
Time and Server(Bagil or Sybil) incident occurred:
ROUND ID HERE:
Detailed summary:
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #369729

This is pretty much the definition of an IC issue, so if you're upset that Leibniz wasn't more heavy-handed over this, you're going to have a hard time finding anyone who agrees with you.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #369732

I'm not seeing the issue here.
Douk
Byond Username: Douk

Post by Douk » #369736

Byond account and character name: Douk, Lev Bronstein

I was the security member (warden) in question who carried out the sentence. The individual in question was brought in at the behest of the CE themselves due to the unauthorized assignment to engineering post-arrival. Apparently attempts to demote had been resisted, thus charges were also brought up on trespassing and theft by the CE. I believe the user was only given points in the gulag corresponding to a 5 min sentence, along with the confiscation of all engineering items on their person.

I can't vouch for what was said between this individual and the CE, but me and the security team were operating on otherwise valid information provided to us in compliance with station chain of command.
qsleepy

Post by qsleepy » #369737

> The individual in question was brought in at the behest of the CE themselves due to the unauthorized assignment to engineering post-arrival. Apparently attempts to demote had been resisted, thus charges were also brought up on trespassing and theft by the CE.

Literally none of this happened. I was dragged in and said told I was trespassing. I asked how I was trespassing when I was never warned. The CE autismo just started attacking me inside of engineering.

All those Engineering items I had on me right? Which was nothing lol. Garbage warden.
qsleepy

Post by qsleepy » #369738

The CE never tried to demote me, he tried flashing me while I sat at a locker but failed after I disarmed him after his failed third attempt without saying a word to me. He then ran to brig and had you guys gulag me for theft of items I didn't have on me or found whatsoever.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #369742

So the previous posts were correct. This is literally the definition of an IC issue. You were trespassing, you were arrested, you were given a sentence at the gulag for it. The fact that the admin in question did not intervene to save you from this fate is not actionable.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #369743

I think the core of the misunderstanding here is that HoP just putting access on your ID card is not legitimate by itself, the proper way of asking access includes asking the department head (in this case the CE) for approval, which the HoP probably did not do. The CE is not obligated to welcome you into their department. They could have been nicer about it but from their point of view it is probably annoying that a random person got access to their workplace without any input from them.
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #369745

If you could, please edit your post to show your in character name, the time and what server it was on, and the round ID in the initial complaint post!
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #369787

if leibniz did not explain as he did here I can see why you might be mad but he was correct in his decision, hop-given access does not automatically translate to having some sort of OOC right to be in a place without players harassing you.
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.