Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

General SS13 Chat
Professor Hangar
Byond Username: Professor Hangar

Re: Pet Peeves Thread - Little things that REALLY annoy you

Post by Professor Hangar » #316038

Bottom post of the previous page:

When you just serve up a big platter of weird-ass food, including recipes you needed outside help with, and the round immediately ends.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #316065

When you cook cool food and people eat it so you can't show off what a good chef you are anymore
MimicFaux
Byond Username: MimicFaux

Post by MimicFaux » #317056

Validhunters who've forgotten how to love.
Traitor clown, get chameleon kit. Prepare to buy the regenerating pie cannon for high-octane antics.
Engineer sees me getting changed, goes out of their way steal a peek at the box. screams over the radio how I'm validsalad.

Bruh... if it had been an esword, or a revolver.. even an emag, yeah, sure. But they were literally just clothes.
ImageImageImage
InsaneHyena
Byond Username: InsaneHyena
Github Username: InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #317065

If it happened a year ago, he would pull out a stun prod and space you. Jesus, that was cancer.
Bring back papercult.

BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #317668

>be revhead
>get 18 revs converted
>not one is helping me attack sec and heads
>kill an officer solo
>revs immediately gather around for phat loot
>tell them to fuck off, this is mine
>eventually captured, where revs just watch me get taken away

And, polar opposite
>be rev
>one of two people converted
>killing sec/heads
>finally killed
>mime is still alive, has converted noone. NOONE.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #317896

The fact that literally without fail at least 2-3 times a round I have to bwoink someone for some kind of OOC in IC (netspeak, emoticons, "this round" the subject of the forum shitshow). I know it's because of summer but seriously for the love of fuck
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #317907

summerfags: always worse than you'd expect
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #317928

BeeSting12 wrote:>be revhead
>get 18 revs converted
>not one is helping me attack sec and heads
>kill an officer solo
>revs immediately gather around for phat loot
>tell them to fuck off, this is mine
>eventually captured, where revs just watch me get taken away

And, polar opposite
>be rev
>one of two people converted
>killing sec/heads
>finally killed
>mime is still alive, has converted noone. NOONE.

this first one is not just beesting salt, I was watching this, it was utterly naueseatingly bad from everyone else (Except the med doctor rev, who managed to not only steal the corpses of the two useless revheads from sec but got them both cloned too)
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
woodman
Byond Username: Pulserider

Post by woodman » #318190

The SM Exploding 5 minutes in, or people calling the shuttle at the mere existence of a cult/ calling the shuttle once all the antags are dead,and the station is in good condition.
I play as Alina Giovanna, and some other characters sometimes.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Post by CPTANT » #318281

bandit wrote:The fact that literally without fail at least 2-3 times a round I have to bwoink someone for some kind of OOC in IC (netspeak, emoticons, "this round" the subject of the forum shitshow). I know it's because of summer but seriously for the love of fuck
The fact that I got noted for saying "lolz" once while I was completely alone and playing with a gravity gun.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Post by OhChildflayer » #318942

CPTANT wrote:
bandit wrote:The fact that literally without fail at least 2-3 times a round I have to bwoink someone for some kind of OOC in IC (netspeak, emoticons, "this round" the subject of the forum shitshow). I know it's because of summer but seriously for the love of fuck
The fact that I got noted for saying "lolz" once while I was completely alone and playing with a gravity gun.
I got a note for using a smiley the one time I ever did. I still think it's funny though.
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #318955

summerfags
AnonymousNow
Byond Username: AnonymousNow

Post by AnonymousNow » #319159

woodman wrote:The SM Exploding 5 minutes in, or people calling the shuttle at the mere existence of a cult/ calling the shuttle once all the antags are dead,and the station is in good condition.
I feel as though a solid half of my complaints nowadays are of people calling the shuttle.

Why do we have a "Reason For Calling The Shuttle" requirement again? Ah, it's because people can type "Ian wants to go home" and leave the immaculate station within half an hour of arrival without Centcom slapping them in the dick for wasting their money.
Hornygranny wrote:It's not your codebase. It's our codebase. You can imply soft power as much as you want, but you don't have it. Division between the server and project is absolute. I'm not interested in reading dezzmont platitudes for the billionth time and won't be checking back in this thread.

Spoiler:
~Simplified for the sake of Wyzack's delicate feelings~
Fuck anti-roleplay suggestions and fuck Bay.

Xenomorphs a shit.
RandomMarine
Github User
Byond Username: RandomMarine
Github Username: RandomMarine

Post by RandomMarine » #319164

AnonymousNow wrote:
woodman wrote:The SM Exploding 5 minutes in, or people calling the shuttle at the mere existence of a cult/ calling the shuttle once all the antags are dead,and the station is in good condition.
I feel as though a solid half of my complaints nowadays are of people calling the shuttle.

Why do we have a "Reason For Calling The Shuttle" requirement again? Ah, it's because people can type "Ian wants to go home" and leave the immaculate station within half an hour of arrival without Centcom slapping them in the dick for wasting their money.
My pet peeve is that the majority of ALL BUT ONE OF THE GAME MODES WEW feature round-ending conditions so it doesn't even matter if the shuttle doesn't get called for dumb reasons, it's still going to be all over too soon anyway.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #319228

This fucking shit needs to stop. It's my new et eeve.
tacolizard
Byond Username: Tacolizard
Github Username: Tacolizard

Post by tacolizard » #319236

Anonmare wrote:This fucking shit needs to stop. It's my new et eeve.

o
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #319324

Anonmare wrote:This fucking shit needs to stop. It's my new et eeve.

it's like "dat boi" - it was born at the hands of turbo normies, so it was a stillbirth as far as meme humor goes
Limey wrote:its too late.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #322625

when lawyers grab prisoners that you're trying to process and take them away from you asking what their crime is. there is NO quicker way to get on my fucking nerves. when the person is in the cell and the windoor is closed, THEN i am more than happy to discuss sentencing with you. i always warn once and if they pull it again they're getting their access revoked and their sorry asses tossed down disposals.

in fact, lawyers in general ive found just really piss me off. they do literally nothing but whine about how many witnesses there were to an obviously guilty greytider beating up some other tider. i try to give them the benefit of the doubt but 99% of lawyers can fuck right off
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #322629

Deitus wrote:i try to give them the benefit of the doubt but 99% of lawyers can fuck right off
hmmm
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #322644

Whenever they steal a prisoner I just put them down for the accumulation of their crimes + whatever the tiders did.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #322660

#rule0repukan is still the way to go but this once you're right.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
TribeOfBeavers
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: TribeOfBeavers

Post by TribeOfBeavers » #347316

When I play as a Head and my entire department is seemingly staffed by mimes as they refuse to talk even if I directly address them or ask them to do something.

Also when the people who don't turn on suit sensors complain that nobody ever checks suit sensors.
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #347365

left 4 zed.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
huehuehue
Byond Username: Huehuehue1

Post by huehuehue » #347463

when people keep breaking into my office as HoP
when the clown goes crazy with slipping
when the mime wallspams to annoy people
when a HoP is so braindead or stupid(figuratively) as to offer all-access to the clown
when the shuttle is called/recalled for the umpteenth time
feem wrote:wtf i like fwooshposts now
Hathkar
Byond Username: Hathkar

Post by Hathkar » #347750

When you're the only person in sec roundstart (Detective) and clock cult declares war, and barely pull a victory out of your ass by assuming HoS/Captain's duties and hunting down the people who have clicks in their voices (A sign of warcult). Then people are mad that you validhunted during war cult post-round.
EvilJackCarver
Byond Username: EvilJackCarver
Github Username: EvilJackCarver

Post by EvilJackCarver » #356762

Security that Tase/strip for petty shit that can easily be resolved with "Hey, why'd you do X?" "Because Y" "<Okay¦Please don't.>" Context below:

There was one round the clown was doing nothing but printing off station-bounced radios from the autolathe, turning them on and shoving them in his backpack. I put 2 and 2 together and nicked the board out of the 'lathe, in plain view of an officer who was watching me do it.

Ten or so minutes pass and suddenly the Detective and another officer see me in the hall while I'm out getting a signaller so I can mess with someone, and Detective comes out baton swinging and the officer comes out with a hot Taser. Neither of them hit me until I get into the bar and literally stop moving; then the Detective cuffs me and drags me into the backroom with a "You son of a motherfucker" outlook because he wanted to print off some ammo.

(Legit, if he'd have asked, I'd have given it back no problem.)
R. Andreas Spitzer or SpitzOS (or a random-named human) ingame. Usually somewhere in engineering, or pAI.
SaveVatznick
Byond Username: SaveVatznick

Post by SaveVatznick » #356855

Doctors who don't leave the defibrillators out.

Doctors who don't know what a defibrillator is and drag you straight to the cloner.

Doctors who use cryo when someone's in crit instead of slapping a bruise pack on them then using the sleeper.

Look, You're just wasting everyone's time. Cloning isn't always upgraded, so often being cloned means being in the pod for three or whatever minutes, then a minute to two minutes in cryo, then who knows how long wandering around gibbering for mannitol, nevermind all of your shit getting potentially stolen from the cloning room or if something in medbay get broken / the guy who killed you comes back to make you stay dead. Also, sometimes there's a fucking queue for the cloner, so if the bodies are piling up, the dead person is just out of the round.

If you use a defibrillator on the recently dead, all you need to do is stabilize them, which is usually easy unless they've had a massive toxins overdose, then sleeper them. That probably takes a 30 seconds to a minute.

Don't use cryo unless you've got an overflow of patients, not even to stabilize people, because you've got vending machines and a chemist's fridge full of bruise and burn patches, bottles upon bottles of epinepherine, and a fuckton of charcoal. Did I mention that chemistry can replace most of these medications in a few clicks? Don't fucking use cryo unless there's no other way. Also, set that shit to auto-eject so your patients don't get stuck.

I am sick of doctors being incompetent like this. Just learning one thing, to use a defibrillator, can bring a ton of often NEEDED PERSONNEL back into the round. When the captain or security gets revolvered /esworded, usually someone will drag them to medical right away. Defibrillate them. Other people's playtime literally depends on you not being a fuckwit, so don't ruin their round and be a good doctor.

So next time you see someone with a dead body bashing into medbay, consider that they're not after your shitty burn and brute kits. Maybe they're trying to get you to unlock the defibrillator cabinet so they can save someone.
Leora Fleebish is every bad part of me stuffed into a 32x32 sprite.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #356861

you know I hate when people throw acidic limes at me that put me into in less than 5 seconds
Qbmax32
Byond Username: Qbmax32
Github Username: qbmax32

Post by Qbmax32 » #356871

ian hates it when i nearly dunk him with chairs ;)
my admin feedback thread

quotes
Spoiler:
wesoda25 wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:02 am Qbmax32 is quite literally one of the dumbest individuals I have ever had the misfortune of coming into contact with. He has zero redeemable traits, and honestly I have to suppress my gag reflex every time he shows up in a conversation.
Malkraz wrote:YES
DRINK THE PISS QB
angelstarri wrote:qbmax is a retard
imsxz wrote:mythic please stop you’ve hit rock bottom and you KEEP DIGGING
deedubya wrote:I'll defend to the death your right to scream "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" on a constant basis, but I'll also equally defend the right of people to call you a fuckin' pillock for doing it.
datorangebottle wrote:what, not having to act like customer service in a volunteer customer service position?

Here's a rebuttal: you're literally in a customer service slash celebrity position. Volunteer or not.
Malkraz wrote:can you stop posting this shit
Nalzul wrote:Fuck Blob (can you imagine how hot it would be to be gangbanged by a bunch of blobbernauts, the blob, and spores)
Wyzack wrote:qbmax your pathetic display of abhorrent burgercraft has brought shame onto the omnivores
Plapatin wrote:i AM the senate
BONERMASTER wrote:I am a big thinker, and it would only be logical if my character had a big head as well. And glasses. Because only people that think, wear glasses.
feem wrote:i tried to send canisters of urine to the station but ended up turning all oxygen into urine and breaking lavaland and also breathing
Anonmare wrote:Each post in this thread can't settle on what it wants to be, but yet, each one is more cursed than the last.
Beesting12 wrote:please write an apology to this forums, this community, the host, and the internet as a whole for the data storage space you wasted with this complaint.
Vile Beggar wrote:i don't like this thread
imsxz wrote:nervore
FantasticFwoosh wrote:I will whisper sweet nothings that will confuse and perhaps scare you a little, but enhance the experience no-less.
afelinidisfinetoo wrote:By the way, the person who posted that catgirl porn on the github page was me. If anyone wants my private stash just PM me
Nervere wrote:Anything for a femoid.....
Qbopper wrote:I'm a dumb poopy butthead
CitrusGender wrote:god i love it when people feed me my own fried legs
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #356874

Qbmax32 wrote:ian hates it when i nearly dunk him with chairs ;)
somebody's head needs to make contact with a trash bin right about now
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #356969

Who the fuck gave oranges gameadmin?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
huehuehue

Post by huehuehue » #357204

DemonFiren wrote:Who the fuck gave oranges gameadmin?
only the most autistic of all autists would do that
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #357224

huehuehue wrote:
only the most autistic of all autists would do that
shut the hell up!
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #357532

who the fuck unbanned you
banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #357536

wait, i was banned?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
A3STH3T1CS
Byond Username: Mack3r3l

Post by A3STH3T1CS » #357564

DemonFiren wrote:wait, i was banned?
wait, you haven't?

banned consecutively from multiple communities
professional space law botanist
<Pirou> Xhuis: You have 10 unread memos. You may read them by speaking in the channel. <Xhuis> ?!
<Chocobro> aesthetics is the best flower maker
Username change: Mackerel -> A3STH3T1CS
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #357627

i don't think so

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #370029

Objective 1: Assassinate Diggy Never-Returns-To-the-Station, Shaft Miner
Bring back papercult.

DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #370033

InsaneHyena wrote:Objective 1: Assassinate Diggy Never-Returns-To-the-Station, Shaft Miner
lavaland was a mistake 2: electric boogaloo

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #370035

I've taken to deconning the shuttle consoles on both sides and the shuttle and hope they kill themselves in frustration.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #370041

That's when you send down an aux base with a teleporter on it.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #370042

DemonFiren wrote:That's when you send down an aux base with a teleporter on it.
That's why you blind drop it ahead of time
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #370043

Anonmare wrote:
remind me, does telescience still exist

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #370044

Yes and no. It's just two interconnected telepads now.
Bring back papercult.

Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #370048

DemonFiren wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
remind me, does telescience still exist
No
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #370061

in that case, valid strategy would employ

even as nonantag because fuck miners

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #370077

InsaneHyena wrote:Objective 1: Assassinate Diggy Never-Returns-To-the-Station, Shaft Miner
*has bullshit armor and an animated mace, ready to either teleport away to fuck all so you can never kill him or transform into a drake and straight up kill you*
huehuehue

Post by huehuehue » #370092

Armhulen wrote:
*has bullshit armor and an animated mace, ready to either teleport away to fuck all so you can never kill him or transform into a drake and straight up kill you*
and even if he hasn't killed any megafauna or found anything interesting he can still defend himself with his tools quite well, especially if upgraded fully
InsaneHyena

Post by InsaneHyena » #370101

My issue is not with killing the target, it's with finding it.
Bring back papercult.

Armhulen
Global Moderator

Post by Armhulen » #370103

huehuehue wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
and even if he hasn't killed any megafauna or found anything interesting he can still defend himself with his tools quite well, especially if upgraded fully
i forgot about his 40 damage infinite gun lol
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #370134

Armhulen wrote:
huehuehue wrote:
Armhulen wrote:
i forgot about his 40 damage infinite gun lol
20 damage on the station.