VR Thread

Talk about video games here
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Re: VR Thread

Post by Qbopper » #373849

Bottom post of the previous page:

DrPillzRedux wrote:Glue? The covers are removeable.
yes but the cover is made of a plastic shell that connects to the headset and then foam is glued onto the plastic
Limey wrote:its too late.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #373857

I pirated superhot VR and confirmed it's not worth $25. Two hours long so it's not worth it.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #373865

DrPillzRedux wrote:I pirated superhot VR and confirmed it's not worth $25. Two hours long so it's not worth it.
pirating vr sounds sci-fi as fuck
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #373913

DrPillzRedux wrote:I pirated superhot VR and confirmed it's not worth $25. Two hours long so it's not worth it.
i've purchased it twice and refunded it both times because the inability to properly move around the environment sucks so it becomes a game with very little replayability because every individual encounter is a puzzle where the outcome is basically always the same

i don't think it has the endless mode or anything as well

very expensive for little content but it does wow new vr users
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #373917

h3vr has really shown how much fun it is to just reload constantly
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #373921

Super hot is one of the few games that needs full room scale to work right

I tried it and kept punching my light shade
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #373922

I have plenty of room for Superhot VR.

Also there's a modified client for VRChat that lets you copy peoples avatars and save them for your own use at any time. Unfortunately said client includes a crash other players option that DDOS' the victim. My net went down for around 5 minutes.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #373929

Hmm, I'm imagining someone creating a sex dungeon for kidnapped avatars
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #373959

Limey wrote:h3vr has really shown how much fun it is to just reload constantly
Fuck yeah

There is nothing more satisfying than punching the mag out of an ak and then slapping a new one in then racking the bolt
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #373960

I lied dual 1887 spinning reloads are cooler
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #374026

I love H3VR, I hate how take and hold gives you the shitty 5 round mags on all the rifles for the first multiple waves
Limey

Post by Limey » #374035

played some onward hunt and its pretty fun when the tracking doesnt shit itself when you're holding a gun with two hands
Spoiler:
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #374036

I told you you need 3 sensors. I have zero tracking issues in onward since I switched to 3 and wall mounted them.

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #374043

Limey wrote:played some onward hunt and its pretty fun when the tracking doesnt shit itself when you're holding a gun with two hands
PM me with pictures of how you have them positioned
DrPillzRedux wrote:I told you you need 3 sensors. I have zero tracking issues in onward since I switched to 3 and wall mounted them.
you don't need three sensors if you position them correctly

"lol spend $80" is hardly a solution to tracking issues
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #374045

Clearly it is a solution to tracking issues since he no longer has them.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #374089

Pillz is american and therefore most likely a fatty that needs the extra camera to see past his blubber.

Speaking of mounting, I'm surprised the mounts the rift comes with don't have screw holes to fix them in place
Limey

Post by Limey » #374097

Qbopper wrote:
Limey wrote:played some onward hunt and its pretty fun when the tracking doesnt shit itself when you're holding a gun with two hands
cba to actually clean my room to take pics but this is their position atm

Spoiler:
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #374099

The issue with that two sensor setup is that when you turn and block part of the HMD by orientation/your back it loses tracking. If you place a third one like below that pretty much fixes it as you're no long relying on one camera for a single direction.

I mean you can say "YOU DON'T NEED IT" all you want, the fact is that it solved all my tracking issues. Now I can turn around without worrying about my arms getting stuck in a spot the camera can't see well/at all.

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #374130

lntigracy wrote:Clearly it is a solution to tracking issues since he no longer has them.
it's not reasonable to tell someone to just go drop money to fix a problem

i used to have tracking issues all the time before i resolved them and now i do fine with two sensors
Limey wrote:
Qbopper wrote:
cba to actually clean my room to take pics but this is their position atm

i mean irl because the positioning of shit in your room and the sensors can matter a lot
DrPillzRedux wrote:The issue with that two sensor setup is that when you turn and block part of the HMD by orientation/your back it loses tracking. If you place a third one like below that pretty much fixes it as you're no long relying on one camera for a single direction.

I mean you can say "YOU DON'T NEED IT" all you want, the fact is that it solved all my tracking issues. Now I can turn around without worrying about my arms getting stuck in a spot the camera can't see well/at all.

1. if you place the sensors correctly you will not get hmd occlusion unless you decide to intentionally prove me wrong but curling into a ball or something

2. no shit getting a third sensor will fix tracking issues like that, you have an objectively better tracking setup

my issue with "buy a third sensor" is that it's fucking absurd to expect people to just give up and buy a third sensor immediately before even trying to fix the problem

vr is expensive enough as it is and jumping right to the "give up and drop $80 or whatever on a third sensor" is lame (plus ignores potential usb bandwidth issues depending on how old the person's motherboard is)
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #374209

Sensors are $60 in relevant countries which is a piss poor amoumt for what it changes. If you're too poor to buy another sensor after dropping hundreds on a HMD you need to evaluate your financial decisions.

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #374218

DrPillzRedux wrote:Sensors are $60 in relevant countries which is a piss poor amoumt for what it changes. If you're too poor to buy another sensor after dropping hundreds on a HMD you need to evaluate your financial decisions.
you completely missed my point to make a random jab about financial stability

the solution to "the product i paid money for does not work well" should not be "pay more money for an extra thing to resolve the problem"

buying a third sensor should be a thing you do because you want the improved range and to completely eliminate occlusion even when you're doing really retarded poses that nobody does, not your go to fix for easily resolvable placement problems
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #374246

yes the easy way to resolve the issues

is to

buy

a third

sensor

buy a fourth sensor

a correct post by pillz
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #374612

Onward is free to play next weekend on the rift store
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #375233

Speaking of Onward, I got my gun stock this morning. Transforms the games aiming from clunky and unsteady to holy shit I'm holding a gun like I really would.

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #375287

too bad everything else in onward is clunky (compared to games that receive frequent updates like BAM/H3VR)

like, the fact that you can only use your main hand for the majority of tasks is honestly a little ridiculous, there still (to my knowledge) is not option for holding the grip button to grab as opposed to a toggle, etc etc

cool game though

load times suck though

makes me pee myself when i get shot at though
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #375290

>it uses a toggle to grab things

LOL
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #375296

>editing your vrchat to bypass the 20k limit

this is bannable and also a Dick Move
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #375310

Pretty much everyone has theirs set to 60k now and the devs even said they're gonna raise it to 60k probably.

a correct post by pillz
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #375388

man I fucking miss old vrchat
Limey

Post by Limey » #375493

got my DICK stuck in the virtual world
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #376379

Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #378823

i bought doom vfr on sale

why did i do this

don't make the mistake i did

please
NanookoftheNorth
Byond Username: NanookoftehNorth

Post by NanookoftheNorth » #380177

Qbopper wrote:i bought doom vfr on sale

why did i do this

please
I hear they're updating it. I am going to wait on it personally. My brother said the DOOM remake not for VR is fantastic, so I have high hopes for this one.

I heard also that the Fallout 4 VR remake after the recent patches is actually worth it. Anyone confirm that? I didn't really care for flat Fallout 4, it felt like Mass Effect with the choices compared to Fallout 3, the gunplay was fun, but the RP elements were flat. It felt more arcade-like compared to a wasteland. I think with Fallout 4 VR it might change if I go on the hardest difficulty. It would feel like there's more at stake and not like an arcade shooter. However, I have a feeling that increasing difficulty only increases health.
Love, your favorite forum poster, Jenna Tills
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #380367

Fallout 4 wasn't a Fallout game and their deathclaws sucked.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #380373

NanookoftheNorth wrote:
Qbopper wrote:i bought doom vfr on sale

why did i do this

please
I hear they're updating it. I am going to wait on it personally. My brother said the DOOM remake not for VR is fantastic, so I have high hopes for this one.

I heard also that the Fallout 4 VR remake after the recent patches is actually worth it. Anyone confirm that? I didn't really care for flat Fallout 4, it felt like Mass Effect with the choices compared to Fallout 3, the gunplay was fun, but the RP elements were flat. It felt more arcade-like compared to a wasteland. I think with Fallout 4 VR it might change if I go on the hardest difficulty. It would feel like there's more at stake and not like an arcade shooter. However, I have a feeling that increasing difficulty only increases health.
doom 2016 is one of my favorite games of all time and you should buy it right now

doom vfr is unfixable because the game at its core is unfun and shitty and the only redeeming elements are the parts that were taken from doom 2016

it has one patch like a month or two ago and there's been radio silence ever since, + the odds of them ever actually acknowledging the rift is near zero because of the zenimax lawsuit

it's legitimately atrocious that this game was released and i'm probably going to do a big writeup on how shitty it is

fo4 is a meme game and i've heard incredibly bad things about the vr implementation but at least the game underneath has some vague merit as a casual loot and shoot game - they added a survival difficulty that isn't as good as fnv hardcore but it does add things like requiring you to sleep to save, iirc?

also it's $80 for nothing but a vr patch there's no new content - i'm all for supporting devs making vr content but charging full price and not even including the dlc or anything is a step too far
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #380637

It's literally a single ESP plugged into the base game

If some crafty pirate posted it on the buccaneer cove you could literally just shove it in your base copy

Now, it would fucking break because the VR esp isn't exactly compatible with the DLC or most mods
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #380653

>tfw no fallout 4: new vegas total conversion in vr ever
God dammit.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #380712

Takeguru wrote:It's literally a single ESP plugged into the base game

If some crafty pirate posted it on the buccaneer cove you could literally just shove it in your base copy

Now, it would fucking break because the VR esp isn't exactly compatible with the DLC or most mods
isn't it like, 82mb or something? with no new assets whatsoever? that's nothing to laugh at

something to laugh at is how fucking terribly bethesda vr games have implemented their vr support ddespite the work that everyone has put into finding solutions to the problems that fo4vr has
NanookoftheNorth
Byond Username: NanookoftehNorth

Post by NanookoftheNorth » #381021

Qbopper wrote:
Takeguru wrote:It's literally a single ESP plugged into the base game

isn't it like, 82mb or something? with no new assets whatsoever? that's nothing to laugh at

something to laugh at is how fucking terribly bethesda vr games have implemented their vr support ddespite the work that everyone has put into finding solutions to the problems that fo4vr has
I guess I won't bother with it then, lol

Like I said, I wasn't really a fan of the base game.
Unrelated, I've been waiting for Space Engine to release for VR for ages now, and I just checked up on it. I can't tell if it was released or not. I'll check up on it later by downloading the latest version, but I wont have time for that as I'm busy all day.

If it is already in VR, holy shit.
Love, your favorite forum poster, Jenna Tills
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #381028

yeah no if you didn't like fo4 do not buy fo4vr

and if you did like doom 2016 don't buy doom vfr :(((
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #381033

Hello friends I got a Windows Mixed Reality headset and have a computer that can only just barely run it

Only game I have right now is Hotdogs Horseshoes and Handgrenades but I am open to suggestions. Mixed Reality only has official support for a few titles but a good majority of them work in spite of this
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #381036

Wyzack wrote:Hello friends I got a Windows Mixed Reality headset and have a computer that can only just barely run it

Only game I have right now is Hotdogs Horseshoes and Handgrenades but I am open to suggestions. Mixed Reality only has official support for a few titles but a good majority of them work in spite of this
1. you fell for the meme and i will laugh at you

2. that's thanks to steamVR which is essentially platform agnostic - it takes more work to get something not working on a headset than it does to support it

3. what are your specs, this influences game recommendations

4. what headset is it specifically so i can look up the resolution/tracking
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #381059

16 gig ram, NVIDIA 960, I7. Not joking when I said it was the bare minimum requirements

Not sure what you mean about what headset specifically? Its the Acer one? Not sure if it gets more specific than that
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
certified good poster
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #381079

Literally why would you get a WMR headset? They aren't even close to VR like the vive and rift are.

Waste of $200.

a correct post by pillz
Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #381081

It was free
Caleb Robinson laughs.
certified good poster
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #381092

Hock it on ebay and put it towards a proper HMD
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #381154

DrPillzRedux wrote:Literally why would you get a WMR headset? They aren't even close to VR like the vive and rift are.

Waste of $200.
hell of a lot better than a psvr or, god forbid, phone vr
Wyzack wrote:It was free
holy fucvk, what
Wyzack wrote:16 gig ram, NVIDIA 960, I7. Not joking when I said it was the bare minimum requirements

Not sure what you mean about what headset specifically? Its the Acer one? Not sure if it gets more specific than that
you should be fine

I meant the model as in the manufacturer yes

i forgot the wmr headsets have the fucking stupid retard meme tracking so doing literally anything where you can't see your hands will be nearly impossible good luck

i'll have to think about which games you can play without wanting to die and the games where you'll want to die but it's tolerable
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #381274

Vive came in today, pavlov is really fun. Only other real game I've played is elite dangerous which was leagues better with the headset on than without
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #381319

Can confirm, ED in a SLF with a VR HMD is mint
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #382785

prob going to look into getting a vive when I get my own appartment.

apart from H3 and Serious Sam VR (I'm a huge SS fan) are there any recomendations? I like shooters myself.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #382791

Onward.