Mining stim pens.

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Mining stim pens.

Post by iyaerP » #38589

Why do they have to do damage? This is retarded. Nobody else has to take damage to get hyperzine or stimulant virus or whatever. And it isn't like a chem dispencer that refills itself, we have a finite amount of points we can spend.

I love the fact that we now don't have to take our suits off to stim up, don't get me wrong, that is a BIG improvement, but why do they do damage when no other department's version of this buff does?
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Re: Mining stim pens.

Post by Saegrimr » #38593

Someone thought it'd be a good idea to make it less of a reward and more of a utility.

Claims of "it was too expensive" or "something something powergaming"

They were changed to be a thing you don't want to use, but instead a tool for specific situations.
(I fucking hate the change too.)
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Incomptinence
Byond Username: Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #38596

Yeah the job that gets beaten up for a living really needs to be punished, wouldn't want any job being enjoyable so people do it no sir.
iyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #38597

How is it any different from a stim virus or a pile of hyprezine pills? That is my big complaint. If ALL sources of SANIC speed caused damage, I wouldn't mind so much, but this is the only one that does. Hell, I KILLED myself with it the first time.
JJRcop
Byond Username: JJRcop
Github Username: JJRcop

Post by JJRcop » #38599

It "stimulates inter-department RP"!!! ("Hey you give me pills", "ok")
I lurk quite often...
Zelacks
Byond Username: Zelacks

Post by Zelacks » #38600

I love the implications of the stim pen, how for some reason, they decided that "shit, you know what miners need in their stim pens? YOU KNOW WHAT THEY REALLY NEED? LEXORIN, THEY NEED LEXORIN IN THIER STIM PENS, THAT WILL HELP THEM SO MUCH"

Sounds like a completely unfounded nerf and stupidly dumb. If you compare the alternatives, its kind of silly.
"A game about running around and getting in fights. Then you complain to the admins to get the other guy banned. There's also a space station or something"
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #38607

Is every single mining toy going to get nerfed until its a nofun pile of rubbish that kills you slowly?
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #38610

Blame Paprika, he's been doing this weird balancing act.

Just to note, the stimpack/medipen can only hold 10 units. So your only getting 8 units of the good stuff while 2 units is used to poison you.

EDIT: It seems Pap is changing the bad chemical to synaptizine, while its aimed at being a alternative nerf, I should note that while it does deal a small amount of toxin damage, it also removes stun and cures other ailments.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/5446
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #38611

Lexorin is the worst poison anyway, you literally get better from it by breathing
iyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #38622

THAT'S EVEN FUCKING WORSE! Mining has NO way AT ALL of curing toxic damage short of a trip to medbay.

I swear to god, the way that that reads, Paparika must be some shitty un-robust noob who just HAPPENED to get murdered by a super-robust miner *cough* Blessed *cough* and decided that "whelp, looks like that guy was too good. He can't be allowed to have THAT much fun. Better nerf mining speed buffs." Literally NO other source of speed boosts in the game has this bullshit built into it. Why does mining get the nerf stick?

Good god, I always knew that the coderbus was full of terrible morons who can't design or balance for shit, and nerf shit when they get dunked, but rarely is it this self-evident.
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #38628

iyaerP wrote:THAT'S EVEN FUCKING WORSE! Mining has NO way AT ALL of curing toxic damage short of a trip to medbay.

I swear to god, the way that that reads, Paparika must be some shitty un-robust noob who just HAPPENED to get murdered by a super-robust miner *cough* Blessed *cough* and decided that "whelp, looks like that guy was too good. He can't be allowed to have THAT much fun. Better nerf mining speed buffs." Literally NO other source of speed boosts in the game has this bullshit built into it. Why does mining get the nerf stick?

Good god, I always knew that the coderbus was full of terrible morons who can't design or balance for shit, and nerf shit when they get dunked, but rarely is it this self-evident.
Considering that all criticism is deflected by "but powergaming!" I wouldn't be surprised. This has been one of those things about recent updates to mining/sci/whatever. A controversial change is burried inside an outwardly acceptable and even needed fix/change. That shit needs to stop.
firecage
Github User
Byond Username: Firecage
Github Username: Firecage

Post by firecage » #38629

TO be fair...this isn't making mining more fun or more interesting. Its instead making it even worse, which is a very hard thing to do with the current state of mining.
MMMiracles
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: MMMiracles
Github Username: MMMiracles

Post by MMMiracles » #38637

can we just spawn each miner with a russian revolver so they can shoot themselves and get it over with? that seems like the best course of action with the current nerfs being done.
Spoiler:
Hints:
------
Submitted by: sandstorm

The best way to get a girl/boy friend is to click on them say "hi" then push enter
then say "your cute" then push enter,wait until they say somthing back if they
don't go for another.
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #38647

iyaerP wrote:THAT'S EVEN FUCKING WORSE! Mining has NO way AT ALL of curing toxic damage short of a trip to medbay.

as much as I personally disagree with the mining pills / stimpack changes, most of what other changes paprka has added/changed with mining is amazingly good. And complaing about the toxin damage being worse than /lexorin that you heal from breathing which you're going to be doing 24/7 in a space environment; damage/ is exactly what paprka predicted when saegrimr, blessed , meself, and a few others were discussing in ooc a few days ago. There was literally nothing wrong with lexorin. If you would take one at a time instead of rapidly sticking yourself with thirty fucking pens you wouldn't be complaining about anything. again, I personally think that if paprka had a problem with mining pills that they should have just increased the price from 350 to 500-1500 points. If you know what you're fucking doing on mining getting points is trivial, it's not fucking rocket science.
paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

Post by paprika » #38652

I find it fucking hilarious that people cry when their 30u hyperzine and coffee pills are taken away when miners used to have no rewards locker in the first place. I suppose you'd prefer if I removed the locker altogether because a jetpack that fits inside your backpack isn't enough of a reward, you need powergame pills that aren't even used for mining in the first place. Ergo added them to help you when you mine, and this was before you couldn't eat them through your space helmet and mask. You can still do that, but abusing them will kill you. The synap in the new change I made only gives you like, 4 points of toxin damage, so using more than 3 of them will result in you taking some damage. But they're not meant to be taken all at once like the pills, and stabbing 5 of them into yourself and treating them like the old stim pills (i have a pretty big feeling that you retards are doing this) is not the way they're supposed to be used.

Also, I originally had them deal toxin damage, a very tiny amount, as a downside of them boosting your speed so much, but people suggested lexo instead since it's temporary damage. I was unaware 2u of lexo deals brute damage as well as oxyloss, the damage from the stimpacks was supposed to be completely temporary or even avoidable by taking an otherwise unused dexalin pill from the oxyloss kit at the west mining station. Blessed was like, the only one who figured this out, though, once again you're all complaining about literally nothing.

AKA get good.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
ExplosiveCrate
Byond Username: ExplosiveCrate

Post by ExplosiveCrate » #38654

Speedballing all of the pills so late-game mining could become bearable was the entire fucking point of the pills. Mining was actually fun when you didn't have to spend ten fucking minutes getting from the station to the dig site after delivering your first batch of minerals.
i dont even know what the context for my signature was
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #38657

The old pills were so good it was literally worth taking your helmet and internals off for a second in vacuum to consume them mid mine. They were used on the giant mining asteroid thank you very much. Engaging in combat to get these pills is more noble than filthy chemists just sitting on their fat behinds churning out as much of them as they want. The idea that chemistry needs to be protected from other jobs stepping into its overpowered swiss army knife cut slice of the pie is hilarious. The department that makes almost infinite meat in seconds putting supply to shame is feeling a little insecure boo fucking hoo.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38669

>engaging in combat to get these pills

But you don't have to do anything to get the pills, they require zero effort and were cheap as fuck and incredibly robust, not what they were intended to be when ergo added them.

Again, a jetpack really isn't reward enough for miners? Or laz injectors? I swear new miners are the most entitled little shitters. Back in my day we didn't need nothing for our efforts but a diamond drill. And yet here you all are, complaining about MUH POWERGAME PILLS!

I'm also sure none of you have even used the stimpacks right because you can achieve the same effect as the pills by using them properly but you're probably too stupid anyway which is kind of embarrassing
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #38679

"I fucked up your things for no real reason and now you're all faggots for not working around it!
Get good scrubs!"

I can produce thousands of units of hyperzine as a chemist and distribute it in a quarter of the time the miners get their pills. The miners need those pills. I genuinely think blessed fucked you up once or twice and you decided to nerf them. You are easily immature enough to do something like that. Act like an adult and explain yourself. This is not your 4chans. Stop trolling everyone and acting like coding entitles you to be an utter shit to everyone you, ultimately, work for. You are volunteering to contribute to a game these people play and care about. That's wonderful.

Now stop being such a cunt.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Incomptinence

Post by Incomptinence » #38681

Ergo's intentions? Ergo was such a toxic turd when they added all this it is a surprise the pills were not pure cyanide or a nutriment mint toxin mix. You have done a lot of good work paprika exactly by going against Ergosavi's intentions.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38693

Stickymayhem wrote:I can produce thousands of units of hyperzine as a chemist and distribute it in a quarter of the time the miners get their pills. The miners need those pills.
You just solved your own problem retard

The real strawman quote you should be using is:

"I changed the way stimulant for miners work and you're all retards for trying to chug them like they're pills even though they damage you!"

This is the equivalent of putting your hand on a hot stove and continuing to do it as if it'll get colder in 30 seconds from when you last did it.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #38713

paprika wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:I can produce thousands of units of hyperzine as a chemist and distribute it in a quarter of the time the miners get their pills. The miners need those pills.
You just solved your own problem retard

The real strawman quote you should be using is:

"I changed the way stimulant for miners work and you're all retards for trying to chug them like they're pills even though they damage you!"

This is the equivalent of putting your hand on a hot stove and continuing to do it as if it'll get colder in 30 seconds from when you last did it.
Today I learned that miners and chemists are the same thing.

Pap, you're not even trying here. If a chemist can turn out 90u of hyperzine and throw it on the counter, why should a miner have to work 10-15 minutes for 8u of hyperzine and 2u of FUCKING LEXORIN. On the chemist's end, he spent a whole 9units of power from their forever recharging chem generator. Clearly there is an imbalance here that needs to be fixed by injecting random chemicals into every mixture the chemist makes. You know, to stop the chemist from powergaming.

That's the entire problem with this nerfing mentality you're bringing into this thread. Every complaint you hear you'll just gloss over by dropping buzzwords like "powergaming." Its stupid and its needs to stop. Stop using "powergaming" as some sort of boogieman to justify stupid, unneeded and unwanted nerfs.

Also, cut it out with the "YEAH WELL FUCK YOU I'M TAKING MY TOYS AND GOING HOME" shit. Surprisingly, not everyone is going to accept everything you try to bundle into every PR. Rewards lockers? Cool. Jetpacks in backpacks? Pretty cool. Nerfing stim pills for no good or event discussed reason? Not so cool. This tends to come up because many of your PRs are a whole bundle of 5-6 different and possibly unrelated things or things that are only tangentially related. 1-2 of these are probably controversial in some way (mesons in the mining update come to mind here; adding additional costs and jacking their research requirements is not a buff and you used "powergaming" as an excuse for this one too.)
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #38717

If the ploy is to promote them going to chemistry to get their shit, i'd like to remind everybody that time wasted dicking around on the station is time wasted getting minerals, which is time wasted for R&D who has to WAIT ON THOSE MINERALS on the off-chance that the miners didn't die, didn't just fuck off into space or doing something else, or if there are even miners at all. Given a decent return, now the station has tools to deal with situations as well as maximum upgraded cloners which are significant, something they can't do without gold and silver minimum.

Nerfing mining hurts a lot more of the station than the miners.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38747

cedarbridge wrote: (mesons in the mining update come to mind here; adding additional costs and jacking their research requirements is not a buff and you used "powergaming" as an excuse for this one too.)
Holy shit you are actually retarded. I never nerfed mesons. Ergovisavi did. I fucking un-nerfed them. The reason you're using mesons that allow you to see asteroid turfs in the dark right now (if you even fucking play miner) is because of me. Get fucked kid, and contain your newfaggotry.

Miners never had to use stim pills to do their job, they were added both before the speed nerfs and before the removal of the ability to eat through your mask. I'm the only one taking up the torch to unfuck mining, and yeah, some of your precious powergame shit that is outdated will be removed like chugging 50 pills to sanic around in your hardsuit. You'll get better rewards for mining too (i have a feeling none of you people bitching about mining even play miner, especially you saegrimr, get off my back you shitmin). I'm done entertaining a bunch of uninformed idiots making assumptions about the game's development. If you want to contribute and shit on my PRs at least get some legitimate reasons for doing so instead of making assumptions just because you don't like change.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #38759

Ya gotta try to work with these people pap ;)
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #38779

paprika wrote:
cedarbridge wrote: (mesons in the mining update come to mind here; adding additional costs and jacking their research requirements is not a buff and you used "powergaming" as an excuse for this one too.)
Holy shit you are actually retarded. I never nerfed mesons. Ergovisavi did. I fucking un-nerfed them. The reason you're using mesons that allow you to see asteroid turfs in the dark right now (if you even fucking play miner) is because of me. Get fucked kid, and contain your newfaggotry.
See Paprka, if you're going to cover your lying with insults you should do a better job.

https://github.com/tgstation/-tg-station/pull/3961

Mesons are now a mix between basic and advanced mesons and come in one flavor because who the fuck wants to go to RnD for new mesons when it's not even that much of an improvement anyway
Mesons in the protolathe now require a bit of plasma to make for maximum balance so they can't be mass produced by RnD
Larger tech requirement so they're more rare and again, balance so they aren't made ez as fuck like old mesons were

Overall they aren't easy mode maint prowler goggles for people who play to win and they also still require a light source to be used effectively (they only have a range of one tile).

Oldfags will probably recognize the difference between my mesons and old mesons right off the bat.
So yes, every change you made to mesons is exactly what I said they were. Its like you think I started playing here last week or something. Or is pretending that everyone else is new a new meme Paprka?
paprika wrote:I'm done entertaining a bunch of uninformed idiots making assumptions about the game's development. If you want to contribute and shit on my PRs at least get some legitimate reasons for doing so instead of making assumptions just because you don't like change.
On a related note, this shit needs to stop. Believe it or not, you are beholden to the players on this server for the changes you make. That's why the feedback forum exists. You don't dictate changes to the server from on high and then tell everyone else to deal with it. Fuck off.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38782

SEE THAT PART IN THE CODE WHERE I FUCKING REMOVED ADVANCED MESONS

ALL THOSE RED LINES

AND TURNED THEM BACK INTO A SINGLE ITEM

HOLY SHIT YOU ARE SO DUMB I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING

IF YOU SERIOUSLY THINK THAT WAS A NERF TO MESONS, OK, YOU NEVER PLAY MINER

ADDING COSTS TO THEIR PRODUCTION IS NOT A MESON NERF, IT'S A RESEARCH NERF, MINERS SPAWN WITH THEM AND IT DOESN'T AFFECT THEM AT ALL
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #38787

paprika wrote:(i have a feeling none of you people bitching about mining even play miner, especially you saegrimr, get off my back you shitmin). I'm done entertaining a bunch of uninformed idiots making assumptions about the game's development.
You kidding? Miner is my second most played job, [REDACTED] being the first. I'd better make sure not to slip up and tell you things I enjoy lest they get "buffed" too.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #38790

paprika wrote:snip
You're doing it again. You literally cannot respond to a post without insulting the poster. Especially when you're in the wrong. Congrats, you removed an item that I didn't say anything about. You made exactly the changes to mesons I said you did and acted like an asshole when called on it. Just stop.

Changes to how things are produced and the means by which they are produced is a functional nerf to the item via availability. Its really that simple. And yes, it was also a research nerf, one that broke several R&D chains at the time for no real game-benefit. (Who the fuck every "mass produced" mesons anyway?)

I mean, none of this is going to change anything you do until somebody else steps in right? You're totally impervious to criticism. You said it yourself in OOC the other day when the pen nerfs were first mentioned. You were an asshole about it then and you're being an asshole about it now. Step back and figure out why only you seem to think these changes are good.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #38792

Paprika you need to take a step back and make some pretense that you are in fact old enough to be playing here. You are acting like a pissy little child throwing a tantrum and it needs to stop. It is never too late to pull away from what you're doing and admit you handled something badly.

Screaming at the playerbase you work for is batshit insane and I can't imagine anything but a snot-nosed 5 year old bawling because "I WANT IT MY WAY" acting like you are right now.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38794

What the fuck do research chains have to do with mining again? Nothing? Cool.

I buffed mesons. The item. They can see in the dark now. That's why I upped the requirement, so they're a much more rare item. I could make them literally within 5m as a scientist. Mesons get buffed = mesons harder to make. If you can't work around this change as a scientist you're just bad. "research chains" invalidate the one thing that's unique about research, actually researching. I'm sorry you had to do your job as a scientist and find new ways to get tech levels, that's a real bummer.

Additionally, how much research mesons gave you didn't even change, so you could easily get an unused pair from mining or from maint (they spawn in sci maint).

Grasping at straws for reasons to insult me doesn't even begin to cover how retarded this is.
Stickymayhem wrote:Screaming at the playerbase you work for
I contribute to a codebase, I was never elected, I volunteer to contribute to a codebase, not a particular playerbase of said codebase. I don't work for you. At all. Not until you start paying me will I give a single fuck about your insult-laden shitstarting over insignificant crap you don't understand.
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #38798

paprika wrote:over insignificant crap you don't understand.
*slow clap*
You're entirely out of touch and actually believe that you understand the game better than people actually playing the game on a regular basis. And that somehow also makes you entirely immune to criticism for those changes you make. Fascinating,
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #38799

I liked the pills. They sped up my mining runs by a massive amount. They were a very convenient thing to have when you were the only miner and had to supply the station with materials. Were they OP? If used in combat then sure, i guess they were. Still, replacing them with a stim pen that damages you is just a bad change. You are not improving mining, you are just removing perks of the job. Nobody is going to use an item that causes damage to you for such a minor boost in performance. Especially damage that cannot be cured unless you take a trip to the Mebday, in which case you might as well say fuck the pens and ask the Chemist to make you a bunch of 50u Hyperzine pills.

I like most of the stuff you add to the game, Paprika, but these stim pens are useless. Atleast add a bunch of anti-tox to the cigar/chilli so we can remove the damage.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #38801

Coding for the sake of coding is ridiculous. At the end of the day there is a game you are affecting with those changes. Hundreds of people play that game so I really don't understand what you mean.

I'm not starting shit. You started by snapping and screaming at everyone because they didn't like your change and aren't perfectly versed in your changes. This clearly shows you need to communicate your changes to the playerbase a little more.

You aren't improving code, you are trying to improve a game. Unless you're making this all for your own amusement then you are working for the players whether you like it or not. I understand the changes and plenty are fine, but you need to stop being so smug and self-entitled. I've tried talking to you seriously multiple times and you either spam me with 'owned' like you just learned that you can talk shit on the internet or start shit for no reason.

All I want is you to act like you give a shit about the people who's game you are affecting instead of personally insulted they dare to question your authority.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38806

I don't have any authority, I have ideas. I code the ideas. I realize people will get upset because they don't like change. I deal with the fallout so other people don't have to.

And I remember threads like this every time I'm porting features people requested me to port. People asked for, and were too lazy to do themselves, and got rejected over and over.

I'll be the one giving security officers gloves even though aran personally doesn't want officers to have gloves, I was the one who added undershirts, I was the one who added jumpsuit rolling. All of these had opposition but they got in anyway. There's many more. Telebatons, pepperspray buffs, mask flipping so you don't have to take off your breath mask to eat pills, syndie shotguns, syndie base remapping, etc. You can hate me as much as you want, but I do it for free and don't have to listen to you if you're going to be a cock about it.

Also you're a bad admin stickygayhem lel
Alex Crimson wrote:Nobody is going to use an item that causes damage to you for such a minor boost in performance. Especially damage that cannot be cured unless you take a trip to the Mebday, in which case you might as well say fuck the pens and ask the Chemist to make you a bunch of 50u Hyperzine pills.
Funny, you can cure stimpen damage immediately by taking dexalin or using bruise packs, both of which are available on the mining outpost east...

Actually, people who complained about the lexorin damage suggested the toxin damage from the synap. How the fuck do I please you people?
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #38809

paprika wrote:don't have to listen to you if you're going to be a cock about it.
This is what we're telling you. People are voicing that they don't like several of your changes and your instant response is to be a cock about it. It doesn't matter what else you're doing or that you do it for free™. This thread isn't about all of those other things. Pepperspray, masks, telebatons, none of that matters in this thread. You could add a million other things that work out great tomorrow, but if you can't respond constructively to complaints about things in threads about those things then you're missing the boat on contributing to a community based coded game.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38810

"People are voicing that they don't like several of your changes"

Almost got me dude! Miggles set me straight on ignore mode after that.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #38811

You say you don't act like you have any authority then spend a paragraph describing how you personally push your stuff through despite everyone's wishes. I never said all your changes were shit. I quite specifically said otherwise, you just have an incomprehensibly bad attitude. I literally can't understand how you think talking to people like that is an acceptable means of defending your changes.

You made a change pretty much no one likes for personal reasons. It wasn't needed, every coder ends up reverting or adapting shit they made. I don't hate your changes you're just being a prick to everyone for no reason.

"I do it for free and don't have to listen to you" is a hilariously bad way of looking at things.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38812

Stickymayhem wrote:You made a change pretty much no one likes
Stickymayhem wrote:I don't hate your changes you're just being a prick to everyone for no reason.
HE'S PULLING OUT ALL THE STOPS
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #38813

paprika wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:You made a change pretty much no one likes
Stickymayhem wrote:I don't hate your changes you're just being a prick to everyone for no reason.
HE'S PULLING OUT ALL THE STOPS
If you actually think those two sentences are in conflict you seriously need to reexamine yourself and your reading skills.
Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #38814

D-Did I break him? Those are unrelated.

That's embarrassing.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38815

You broke my desire to ever consider reading feedback from anyone who doesn't even try to contribute to the codebase and server; and no, being an admin isn't contributing to the server.

Cedar also needs to consider suicide for making a change about mining into a change about research.
Last edited by paprika on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alex Crimson

Post by Alex Crimson » #38816

paprika wrote:
Alex Crimson wrote:Nobody is going to use an item that causes damage to you for such a minor boost in performance. Especially damage that cannot be cured unless you take a trip to the Mebday, in which case you might as well say fuck the pens and ask the Chemist to make you a bunch of 50u Hyperzine pills.
Funny, you can cure stimpen damage immediately by taking dexalin or using bruise packs, both of which are available on the mining outpost east...

Actually, people who complained about the lexorin damage suggested the toxin damage from the synap. How the fuck do I please you people?
I thought you said you changed the 2 units of Lexorin to 2 units of Synaptizine. Regardless, people are not going to use the pens, and are either going to get Hyperzine from the Chemist or just not use anything at all to help them mine stuff.

If you want to please people, how about you just change the item back to a bottle of stim pills? I mean, i didnt see much bitching about them. Although i doubt any amount of complaining in this thread will make you change anything. Its the same scenario with Egro when we made the poll to change mining back to the pre-monster hunting version. Coders are right, players are wrong, if you dont like it then learn to code because you dont own me or pay me.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38817

Synaptizine gives tox damage
Alex Crimson wrote:and are either going to get Hyperzine from the Chemist or just not use anything at all to help them mine stuff.
AaaaaaAAAAAAAAAA

OR YOU COULD JUST SWALLOW SOME DEXALIN OR USE THE MEDKITS ON THE MINING STATION BECAUSE OXY DAMAGE IS TEMPORARY AND BRUISE PACKS GO THROUGH YOUR HARDSUIT

I haven't seen a bigger case of "I'm so bad I can't adapt to change" in my life. Something requires a bit of skill to use now? Not as easy as chugging 50 pills? Call the cops. Inb4 "it's just clunky!" because it really isn't.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #38818

Pap pls :|
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #38819

paprika wrote:[points out conflicting words]
paprika wrote:Grasping at straws for reasons to insult me doesn't even begin to cover how retarded this is.
paprika wrote:I'm also sure none of you have even used the stimpacks right because you can achieve the same effect as the pills by using them properly but you're probably too stupid anyway which is kind of embarrassing.
paprika wrote:especially you saegrimr, get off my back you shitmin
paprika wrote:HOLY SHIT YOU ARE SO DUMB I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING
paprika wrote:Also you're a bad admin stickygayhem lel
Comedy gold aside,
paprika wrote:How the fuck do I please you people?
Stop removing inconsequential things, maybe just stop touching code entirely.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #38821

You can find jokes saegrimr good job dude. All this will do is make me stop talking to you people. All my critics seem to be the same gaggle of retards anyway, especially a few admins who are just a little too butthurt about previous encounters. Alex Crimson is doing it right, so I might take his suggestions to heart, though.

Shit, you people are fucking transparent. Enjoy your weekend.
Last edited by paprika on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #38822

Saegrimr wrote:snip
You should know better
cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #38823

paprika wrote:You can find jokes saegrimr good job dude. All this will do is make me stop talking to you people. All my critics seem to be the same gaggle of retards anyway, especially a few admins who are just a little too butthurt about previous encounters. Alex Crimson is doing it right, so I might take his suggestions to heart, though.

Shit, you people are fucking transparent. Enjoy your weekend.
So because you choose not to listen, you'll respond by not talking. 10/10
Cheridan
Byond Username: Cheridan

Post by Cheridan » #38826

The bikeshedding in regards to Paprika's changes are getting goddamn ridiculous. You're all bitching at each other over TWO UNITS of lexorin that causes oxyloss that heals automatically.

You're allowed to dislike changes, but HAVE SOME GODDAMN DECENCY ABOUT IT.

After reviewing the first page, I count THREE posts that aren't dripping with hatred and passive-aggression. This isn't how you get people to want to cooperate with you. Yes, this includes paprika himself.

If this is going to continue to be the standard of "feedback" on the forums, moderation is going to get a lot more heavy-handed.
/tg/station spriter, admin, and headcoder. Feel free to contact me via PM with questions, concerns, or requests.