Monster Hunter World

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Re: Monster Hunter World

Post by Timbrewolf » #383111

Bottom post of the previous page:

DrPillzRedux wrote:I really want Vaal's LBG but fuck trying to break his head all day.
It's worth it if you want a gun for spamming Pierce 3 and Slicing with. They say they nerfed Slicing shot but I'm not so sure about that. I'm still doing like at or around 100 damage per shot with Gulgoleth's Wail.

Not like I wanted them to nerf it in the first place.

I've found that the break values for parts get really stupid when playing multiplayer, especially on Elder Dragons. If you want those fangs try fighting him solo instead.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #383121

tfw don't want to upgrade my nerg ls to exterminators edge because it looks like ass.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #383129

You could:

A) Buiild Jagras Hacker III and pray to RNGesus for augment stones and a non-element deco for the best GS in the game.
B) Farm Arena coins to make the Jawbone guild GS, pray for that non-element deco and a single Tier-8 augment stone for the second best GS in the game.
C) Just upgrade to the damn Edge because it hits like a ton of bricks and it doesn't need any special bullshit to make it great.

EDIT: Also Nerg's chargeblade final result is by far the fucking dumbest.

I personally hate the DB as well, but there is no comparing how stupid the CB looks.
BUNDLE OF STICKS
https://mhworld.kiranico.com/weapon/devastations-thorns
STIIIIIIICKS
Last edited by Timbrewolf on Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #383131

oh I'm dum ur talking bout LS not GS.

The Supremacy Blade looks pretty neato.
I haven't touched LS in a while but I would probably chase after something like Teo's LS with some handicraft skills.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #383172

Don't use LS, DB, IG or CB. Peace
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #383176

>GS user arguing about what skills to use to optimize your damage output
>Lance user pipes in to criticize skill selection
>Lance user
>Lance
>user
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #384109

People found out a way to savescum and preview their wyverian ritual results ahead of time, write them all down, then go back and do quests to skip through the "timeline" and get the results that have the decos they want.

It's pretty interesting stuff. Reminds me of those fucking charm tables from days of yore.

Suuuuuuuper tempting tbh. I've still never found a single additional Attack deco (just the one you get as part of the story), and only found a single Expert one. I have managed to get some Tenderizer decos though, and a single Critical deco. A spread Deco, some other random shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #386564

First "joke" item has been introduced to the game with the Wiggler Hunt event that's up right now.
If you get three wiggler tickets you can make the wiggler helmet, which is...well...

It has two levels of wide range on it which is actually pretty FUN.
Makes my hunting horn and SnS co-op builds work a little better and you get to run around like an idiot.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #386565

>Equip Earplugs 3 deco
>Equip bazel coil
>Don't get earplugs 5

Capcom?!
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #386630

Earplugs 3 just refers to the size of the decorations. It's kinda annoying that way. The 3 means it takes up a level 3 slot, but all decorations only ever give one level of their respective skill.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B

Post by D&B » #386714

Oh wow
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #386727

tbh that screwed me up when I first started using the decorations in MHW as well.
When jewels used to be named [Skill][Level], and that meant something (Attack 4 jewel would give you 4 levels of Attack) it's frankly really fucking stupid of them to even bother putting the number on the decorations at all. Like purposely misleading.

"Might Bow 2" is not the 2nd level of the Might Bow skill, does not provide two levels of Mighty Bow, etc. There is no "Mighty Bow 1".
It just tells you that it takes a level 2 slot to equip, which a bunch of other iconography and descriptors in the items text already does.

Could we someday see an "Attack 3" decoration that actually does provide multiple levels of the Attack skill? Yes, but now we're getting mixed messages and it's doubly stupid and only reinforces the idea that Earplugs 3 should give three levels of Earplugs.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B

Post by D&B » #388158

>Get decoration for glutton and free eating skills
>Have charm for level two fast eating
>Heal in 1 second from low to max health and sometimes don't even waste pots

baller
Spoiler:
fuck you
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #388271

Gobbler is my favorite defensive skill. You can get blasted, get back up, and sip a Mega Pot so fast it didn't even matter.

By default the new "walk while drinking a potion" system is actually a handicap. You heal way slower = are more vulnerable than the old "drink a potion on the spot and nod" system of previous monster hunters.

With Gobbler 2-3 (imo 2 is the sweet spot and 3 is kinda overkill) you drink so damn fast while sprinting around that you can just potion tank anything and the game is super easy. It's great.

ALSO ATTN EVERYONE JHO SOON. 3-4 DAYS UNTIL PICKLE.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B

Post by D&B » #388625

Wish we could pay to have decorations armor sets.

Anjanath armor looks fucking cool but instead you're forced to wear a clownsuit for farming carves/captures/etc.
Spoiler:
fuck you
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #388639

So far there is only the Samurai set you got if you bought the deluxe edition, which IMO is kinda stupid looking anyway.

Yeah, I would happily shell out a couple more bucks for some more cosmetic sets.

So far only my gathering set looks really stupid though, and I think all my other armors mesh okay when you apply the same/similar colors to all of them.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #388847

all the waiting for the pc release has made me resort to killing monsters irl with my sword and shield, im currently using a hatchet and a trash can lid but I'm hoping I can make some new gear after I finish off the neighbor's dog, the fashion will come soon
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #388867

is this the dark souls of monster killing games
Limey wrote:its too late.
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #388882

real life is the dark souls of monster killing games just look at all the horrible people
on topic: qbopper get this on pc when it comes out so I can destroy you irl
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #388892

SpaceInaba wrote:all the waiting for the pc release has made me resort to killing monsters irl with my sword and shield, im currently using a hatchet and a trash can lid but I'm hoping I can make some new gear after I finish off the neighbor's dog, the fashion will come soon
Remember they're weak to bashing damage on the face and cutting damage on the body. See if you can find a buddy with a sledgehammer to help get some stuns so you can go for the tail carve.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #389061

Is the Mycology skill in this game the chef set that gave you that + speed eater was really stupid and funny
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #389102

It's in here it's just called "Mushroomancer" now. Has three levels, with each level it unlocks more mushrooms you can eat for buffs.

If I remember correctly it's like:

Level 1: Blue Mushrooms (Instant potion effect), Toadstools (recovery up)
Level 2: Nitroshrooms (Atk Up), Parashrooms (Def Up)
Level 3: Mandragoras (Max Potion) , Exciteshrooms (Stamina Use Decrease)

I could be messing up the Parashrooms and Exciteshrooms, I can't remember.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
D&B

Post by D&B » #389123

Exciteshroom is always random
Spoiler:
fuck you
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #389135

Timbrewolf wrote:It's in here it's just called "Mushroomancer" now. Has three levels, with each level it unlocks more mushrooms you can eat for buffs.

If I remember correctly it's like:

Level 1: Blue Mushrooms (Instant potion effect), Toadstools (recovery up)
Level 2: Nitroshrooms (Atk Up), Parashrooms (Def Up)
Level 3: Mandragoras (Max Potion) , Exciteshrooms (Stamina Use Decrease)

I could be messing up the Parashrooms and Exciteshrooms, I can't remember.
Huh I'm surprised they kept it in

Exciteshrooms can (or could) be eaten without it and (in 4U anyway) acted either as an ancient potion, nutrients, well done steak, burnt steak, dash juice, or herb. (maybe some other shit idr)
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #389972

Yeah let me just look this up:

Blue Mushroom - Restores a small amount of health.
Toadstool - Immunizer - Increases Health Recovery rate for 10 minutes. (the rest last until you feint)
Nitroshroom - Demondrug - Increases Attack Power.
Parashroom - Armorskin - Increases Defense.
Mandragora - Max Potion - Maximizes your Health Gauge & a full heal.
Devil's Blight - Dash Juice - Reduces Stamina Depletion of dodging/jumping/evading by half.
Exciteshroom - Random Effect, can be positive (but also negative).

I forgot about the Devil's Blight, that's what was messing me up.
Dash Juice doesn't give you infinite stamina anymore, and is harder to come by, so things that reduce stamina usage are all a lot more necessary/powerful now.

Mushroomancer interacts great with Wide Range to give everyone mushroom benefits, and Free Meal so that fairly often you don't actually expend the item you consumed.
This lets you join hunts and then just run around like an idiot spamming mushroom buffs (as well as your regular items too, fuck the mushrooms get those Mega Demon/Armor drugs).
Having someone just running around in circles throwing Max Potions at the whole squad is pretty nuts. Bonus points if you are also using an SnS or HH.

It does NOT interact at all with Medicine skill (which increases the amount an item heals you). You will see a larger effect from a Blue Mushroom for example but it wont heal the other party members for more.

On a related note: Wide Range + Gobbler DOES work so that your rapid chugging of Mega Potions will provide health to your teammates faster.

And the strangest health item interactions: Vaal Hazak's regeneration set is affected by Medicine, not Recovery. It's misleading because his set has Recovery on it, which just speeds up how fast your red portion recovers, but doesn't actually speed up how fast Vaal's regeneration tops you up. Recovery speeds up your red recovery, but Medicine speeds up the regular heal over time. Weird.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #390005

hey guys I made some new gear from the neighborhood dogs, should I head into the country and hunt down some cows or just move straight on to bears next.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #393310

THE GHERKIN IS LURKIN
D&B

Post by D&B » #393339

There's nothing cooler than seeing the Pickle manhandle every single monster it runs into.
Spoiler:
fuck you
D&B

Post by D&B » #396317

Transmog fucking when?
Spoiler:
fuck you
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #425145

Hi boys and girls I got this wideo game on ps4 so add me and we can play!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really bad at this because I've never owned a DS in me life but I've been having fun widd it. I'm Ddokboki.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #425158

>pee cee release date on 9th
>hyped until i realize i dont speak computer so i have no idea if my rig can run it or not
fug someone who has brain cells help me
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #425207

install speccy
post specs
post minimum requirements
get learned on how to read
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #425210

Keep your Windows key pressed and hit the R button. In the little prompt that pops up, type "dxdiag". Once the window is finished loading, you can see your RAM size and your CPU type and speed in the System tab, and your GPU in the Display tab.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #425224

The requirements seem pretty high, but then it is a beautiful game. Hope my PC can run it. Ill happily accept low settings.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #425308

AMD Radeon R7 200 series and
Attachments
WVjhLO1.png
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #425324

As far as I can tell about the R7 200 series from doing some googling, they're a lot worse than the GTX 760 (although it depends on which 200 you specifically have), which is the minimum spec. So you will definitely not be able to run the game with your GPU.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #425325

well fuck now i gotta figure out what computer to buy
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #425361

dont wanna get this game and farm nergigante on pc all over again but i might do it if i have enough friends on PC
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #425368

im so excited for this release holy crap
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #426149

ok so im deciding between these two computers
https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Summer- ... MD-Ryzen-5
https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Summer- ... el-Z370-i3
price aside, in you guys' opinions:
1) could these run mhw
2) which is more "future proof"
3) which would you personally pick

not trying to be a help vamp just want to get as many opinions from different people as possible
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #426222

The first one is not even an option. Minimum CPU is an i5 or an old shitty AMD 6 core, while that first one has a fucking i3. They both have a weak graphics card as well.

Second one will probably get you low/medium settings at 60fps. Remember, the game has Denuvo which causes higher CPU useage. It's also a console port.

Get the second one but pay the extra money to upgrade the GPU to the 1060, and another 8 gigs of ram if you can. That build would last another 3 years on 1080p medium settings.

Even my rig is starting to show age, at least for ultrawide.
Spoiler:
Last edited by DrPillzRedux on Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty

a correct post by pillz
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #426223

D E N U V O
E
N
U
V
O
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #426233

>Denuvo

PC Launch ded before it ever launched
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #426240

Imagine bundling your Steam launch with Denuvo because Steam isn't enough DRM for your multiplayer game apparently.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays

Post by DrPillzRedux » #426241

>steam as DRM

Steam is so fucking easy to get around. MHW has a pretty built in online connection though so weird choice.

a correct post by pillz
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #426312

You're not gonna stop the pirates

Just get your good PR for going "Naw, no DRM" and move on, and maybe a few decades from now you can get your game online without piracy being a factor
gum disease
Byond Username: GUM DISEASE

Post by gum disease » #427657

Deitus wrote:ok so im deciding between these two computers
https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Summer- ... MD-Ryzen-5
https://www.ibuypower.com/Store/Summer- ... el-Z370-i3
price aside, in you guys' opinions:
1) could these run mhw
2) which is more "future proof"
3) which would you personally pick

not trying to be a help vamp just want to get as many opinions from different people as possible
I'm kinda meh at these rigs, honestly. I don't like the 1050ti, 1060 would be a better choice I think. Get at least 16GB of RAM.
Don't like to use the term future-proof with pre-builts. Do you know how to put together a PC? If you're not comfortable upgrading parts in your machine, neither one is "future proof".
Honestly, I wouldn't pick any of these because I'd build my own rig and I feel like it'd be cheaper to do so whilst getting better performance. I dunno how many loading screens MHW has, but the lack of an SSD is kinda of questionable. SSD's are cheap now and I'd argue they're almost essential nowadays. Like a 250GB 850 EVO is what, £85 now? Pretty sure they're cheaper in the US, actually.

Looking at both rigs, it seems like you're only getting one case-fan? I'd argue you'd need at least 2 for decent airflow in those machines.
Image no aim, smooth brain, i'm a borg main.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #427733

Deitus wrote: 3) which would you personally pick
neither
you can build better computers for less with minimal tech expertise
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #427780

Building your own computer is a bit daunting the first time, but cases and motherboards come with instruction manuals that tell you most of the things you have to know. I'd argue the most nerve-wrecking part is installing the CPU, and immediately after that applying the thermal paste to it in the right way.
Spoiler:
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #428032

Most PC parts are just a matter of slotting things in these days. Then making sure you have your power supply cables connected to everything. CPU & fan is definitely the hardest part. Getting that paste just right without air bubbles, then carefully placing the heatsink bit and screwing in the fan with those annoying mounts(?).

I cannot imagine how frustrating water cooling must be to install.
Takeguru

Post by Takeguru » #428346

Depends on the water cooler
The one I bought for this rig is an all-in-one system, prefilled and hosed and all that

You just screw the heatsink on your normal fan ports and mount the cooler the same way you would a normal CPU cooler, just with hoses hanging off the side

If you're going for a build your own water cooler, I can offer no advice