Re: VR Thread

Post by Malkevin » #382791

Bottom post of the previous page:

Onward.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #382793

Malkevin wrote:Onward.
Not going to bag on the game for this, but it doesn't look like my kind of thing. Mil-sim is only fun for me to fuck around in. I much preffer my millitary action to be a bit more codlike

I'm cancer, I know.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #382828

It's about as tactical as a bunch of spec ops going against each... who suffer from glaucoma.
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #385755

After upgrading my cpu and ram, I am now VR ready. Now all thats left is to order the HTC vive...
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #385756

VR dungeon knight is really good
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #385794

Brotemis wrote:After upgrading my cpu and ram, I am now VR ready. Now all thats left is to order the HTC vive...
you gonna grab a vive or wait for the vive pro?
Limey wrote:its too late.
Brotemis
Byond Username: Brotemis

Post by Brotemis » #386035

Went ahead and ordered the vive.

As it stands, vive pro will probably release closer to the summer time, don't ask me how I figure this, but that would be the ideal time to release the vr pro at least to me. The price point of the vive pro will also be quite a bit higher. My guess would be 900-1000. I'm not part of its target demographic either, I'm not a professional gamer or someone who constantly upgrades their computer to take advantage of the new gear.

That and I ordered the vive last night. I'm still trying to put my cpu through the paces so the fan isn't so god dang loud.

I've got $210 in steam credit to spend as well.
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #386042

neat

hope you got the DAS because the integrated audio is a godsend + the OG strap gives me headaches

if not i'd recommend you grab it soon
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #388248

So Oculus broke their launcher today.

Turns out one of their .dlls was signed with a cert that expired today, causing the launcher to moan with an error that it can't contact the oculus runtime service.
Changing your system clock back a few days and restarting the oculus service should fix it.
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #388343

Malkevin wrote:So Oculus broke their launcher today.

Turns out one of their .dlls was signed with a cert that expired today, causing the launcher to moan with an error that it can't contact the oculus runtime service.
Changing your system clock back a few days and restarting the oculus service should fix it.
These are our corporate overlords, people.
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #388356

DO NOT CHANGE YOUR SYSTEM CLOCK BACK TO FIX THE ERROR there are a lot of knock on effects that can occur and they are much more irritating than an oculus runtime error

there's been one or two alternate temp fixes posted iirc, try those before you go nuclear
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #388547

Official patch is here https://www.oculus.com/rift-patch/
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #388561

if you used a rift on/after feb. 1st you'll get $15 oculus store credit as compensation

i mean

why feb 1st

but sure i'll take free money
Limey
Byond Username: Limed00d

Post by Limey » #388573

quick what's worth 15 mons
Usually plays as Aya Shameimaru, Remilia Scarlet or Rumia Kuroda depending.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #388602

Limey wrote:quick what's worth 15 mons
on the rift store? fuck, I don't use it, time to take a look

unrelated because i found this while looking: what the fuck this looks amazing, just climb around and shoot people and shit

i went through and looked at all the sub $15 ($17 for me because CAD) games so you don't need to look at the shitware - I may have missed a couple of good ones but unfortunately this isn't steam so the selection of good games is a little smaller. you can basically ignore anything below $10 because they're almost all shovelware, $15 is where the majority go from "garbage no one wants to play" to "interesting budget games"

keep talking and nobody explodes is a lot of fun if you have friends, but it got steam workshop support recently so maybe dont get it on the rift store

kingspray graffiti is fucking neat if you're art inclined at all

apparently eve gunjack is an ok shooter for $5? it was originally a mobile vr game or something I don't know anything about it

hitman go has a vr version what the fuck??

home improvisation looked really fun and i've been meaning to get it so i'll probably spend mine on that

i'm told vr karts is ok?

vr the diner duo is fun as fuck and has a coop mode if you have a person to play with you irl on the monitor (if you really can't pick i'd say go for this one because i know it's fun and there's essentially no difference between it and steam)

just in time incorporated looks fun

tiny town vr is neat if you like to just make shit but there isn't much there beyond making interesting scenes

titanic vr is apparently super detailed and shit so if you're interested in swimming through the wrecked titanic there you go, and iirc they're adding a mode where you can be on the titanic as it sinks or something

gang beasts has vr supprt? what the fuck? it's not $15 but what the fuck
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #388615

>gang beasts vr

but how. I literally play this game almost every day and i do not have the slightest idea how that would work
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Limey

Post by Limey » #388660

my friend since childhood's VR game is releasing into early access tomorrow

http://store.steampowered.com/app/790750/oVRshot/

it's barebones at the moment (only played pre-release, not the upcoming build) but hopefully it'll grow into something beautiful.

radical change from the prototype I played a year ago in the sweaty fucking class room it was made in
Spoiler:
NSFW:
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #388681

Wyzack wrote:>gang beasts vr

but how. I literally play this game almost every day and i do not have the slightest idea how that would work
most likely you just become the camera

It's a pretty common VR thing actually I just had no idea gang beasts had it
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #388712

Limey wrote:my friend since childhood's VR game is releasing into early access tomorrow

http://store.steampowered.com/app/790750/oVRshot/

it's barebones at the moment (only played pre-release, not the upcoming build) but hopefully it'll grow into something beautiful.

radical change from the prototype I played a year ago in the sweaty fucking class room it was made in
looks pretty cool but I doubt there's room for another competitive multiplayer vr shooter right now

maybe i'm wrong, we'll see
Limey

Post by Limey » #388759

They currently have a couple of ideas of where to take it but are now working on finer details for the public release aswell as ironing out some bugs. It'll be interesting to see what it'll develop into in, say, six months.
Spoiler:
NSFW:
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #389056

Qbopper wrote:
Wyzack wrote:>gang beasts vr

most likely you just become the camera

It's a pretty common VR thing actually I just had no idea gang beasts had it
you're right
[youtube]gdrmkD7i4Xo[/youtube]
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #390786

http://store.steampowered.com/app/61167 ... Skyrim_VR/

of note

-rift support is listed
-skyrim vr on playstation was received well and apparently had good control options/etc.
-skyrim probably runs better than fallout 4, if this carries over it'll run better for more people in vr
-fallout 4 vr had intentionally poor controls to fuck with rift users and doom vfr is a joke
-no official mod support for either f4vr or skyrimvr
-it's full price (includes the dlc this time)
-doom vfr is the worst purchase i have ever made

i'm considering it but considering how laughably bad doom vfr was and the issues in f4vr i'm not going to touch it until i know what it's like
Limey

Post by Limey » #390801

i aint buying it full price lol, bad todd, bad
Spoiler:
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #390827

Probably gonna sell my VR kit it's boring now.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #390850

Qbopper wrote:http://store.steampowered.com/app/61167 ... Skyrim_VR/

of note

-rift support is listed
-skyrim vr on playstation was received well and apparently had good control options/etc.
-skyrim probably runs better than fallout 4, if this carries over it'll run better for more people in vr
-fallout 4 vr had intentionally poor controls to fuck with rift users and doom vfr is a joke
-no official mod support for either f4vr or skyrimvr
-it's full price (includes the dlc this time)
-doom vfr is the worst purchase i have ever made

i'm considering it but considering how laughably bad doom vfr was and the issues in f4vr i'm not going to touch it until i know what it's like
Doom VFR just looks like a VR version of doom 4 but what makes it "the worst"?

edit: also also what features will the VIVVE PRO have over the regular vive which I am saving my sheckles for?
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #390903

vive pro is just higher res and blue and has 2 cameras you'll probably be better off with a rift if price is a concern, but if you have the specs and money for it the vive pro will be the "best" headset since it has the DAS and a higher resolution

doom vfr is a rushed piece of shit nonfunctional mess that rips levels wholesale from doom 2016 while claiming to be a new game, has some horrendous design choices in both gameplay and narrative, and has conveniently been broken for rift users both at launch and after valve patched steam to make doom vfr work for rift users
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #390932

naw im still going to go with a vive due to compatibility. little things like that.

thanks for convincing me to avoid doom vfr tho
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #391018

compatibility with what?

like, there's no compatibility issues with a rift beyond the disgustingly bad bethesda games, steamvr works with all headsets out of the box and it takes effort to make it not work on a specific headset

i seriously cannot recommend a vive right now because of the massive price difference for what is essentially the same product (except the default headstrap on the vive is garbage and you have to pay $100 extra for one that doesn't give you a headache)
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #392311

So the vive pro is 799 usd

...for the headset alone

My math might be wrong but you need to buy the two base stations and controllers - the vive is dropping to 499, so it would cost LESS if you buy a vive and then a vive pro
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #392620

DrPillzRedux wrote:Probably gonna sell my VR kit it's boring now.
Get PAYDAY 2 and H3VR

PAYDAY 2 VR is 100% free with crossplay with pc players

H3 is best game
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #392621

Also have you tried watching t.v. in VR with Big Screen?
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #393931

Qbopper wrote:compatibility with what?

like, there's no compatibility issues with a rift beyond the disgustingly bad bethesda games, steamvr works with all headsets out of the box and it takes effort to make it not work on a specific headset

i seriously cannot recommend a vive right now because of the massive price difference for what is essentially the same product (except the default headstrap on the vive is garbage and you have to pay $100 extra for one that doesn't give you a headache)

huh really?

so when a steam product only lists compatibility with the vive then its really for everything?

what does the pro add anyways (may have asked this. buckets)
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #393960

with the exception of bethesda who seem to be intentionally fucking up their games so they don't work on the rift any vr game on steam will out of the box work for any headset due to the way steamvr works

like, a game for the vive that was made before the oculus motion controllers were even shown off works right now on the rift, and said game was never patched or updated - steamvr is hardware agnostic for the most part

the pro just has a built in deluxe audio strap (more comfortable, redistributes weight better so you don't get a headache, high quality headphones that are attached which is a HUGE plus trust me on this one) and higher resolution but the consensus among pretty much everybody right now is that the vive pro is a fucking joke because it's the same price as the og vive at launch and it doesn't have any controllers or tracking stations

between the absurd price of the vive pro and the fact that very very few people can afford that + a 1080/etc. i wouldn't recommend the vive pro because you're likely going to have trouble pushing the increased resolution with a gpu that can handle the rift or vive perfectly well (at least from what i've heard, i haven't looked too far into the performance differences yet)
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #393989

sounds like it's just buckets then if you know what I mean

depending on the price diff months down the line when I get one I think I'll look at a vive still, bethe$da games are one thing I want to play on them. I'm the one person who actually likes fallout 4 and it'd be nice to play a vr game that isn't a bastardized version of its original game (doom vfr)

the rift controllers also look fucking weird.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #393995

Vive controllers look like they were designed by a dildo company, rift ones are actually pretty damned ergonomic, and the gestures you can do with them feel natural because of it.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #394037

Malkevin wrote:Vive controllers look like they were designed by a dildo company, rift ones are actually pretty damned ergonomic, and the gestures you can do with them feel natural because of it.
that may be why I like them :honkman: :honkman: :honkman: :honkman:

ya but seriously the fact that Fallout 4 VR is incompatible with the rift makes me want to fork the hundred bucks extra for a Vive. Say what you will about F4 (and trust me, there's a lot to be said) - I still spent 722 hours on it according to steam.
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #394077

>tfw bought HTC Vive through retailer
>tfw its supposed to be delivered in 2 hours
>go check the /r/vive digg because im a leddit loser
>"fallout 4 vr promotion no longer honored"
>w-what
>"they ran out of codes and are still advertising that they're giving codes
>hhnnnggg

i specifically asked my vendor if it came with fallout 4 so i'm probably going to badger them about it first, (because they said I'd get fallout 4 vr so I think I can hold them accountable because I bought it from them)

either way. I'm upsetti.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #394079

I didn't find fallout 4 vr fun it seemed really flat and not like VR at all. Its more like fallout 4 Wii tbh
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #394114

i have my vr all ready to sell about time
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #394225

day 1 of owning a vive: I returned it.
peoplearestrange
Byond Username: Peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #394919

So finally got my rig up to VR spec. Got a 1070Ti (pretty near the MRSP as well, which was nice), Ryzen 5 1600 and a bunch of other stuff no one really cares about.

Next month I should have enough to buy a VR set, and after much reading I THINK im going with the oculus. I like the hand controllers better and a lighter headset is kinda more inviting. Plus honestly I dont have a HUGE space to setup a massive room scale VR to really utilize the vive. Also one of the main things I want it for is Elite Dangerous, which is seated play anyway.

So my question is, is there many games I WON'T be able to play with my vive buddies? Is there enough none cross over to make me reconsider this? Particularly now the vive dropped to £499
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
Operative wrote:Vote PAS for headmin! Get cucked and feel good getting cucked.
TheNightingale wrote:I want to get off Mr. Scones's Wild Ride...
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Fragnostic wrote:stop cucking the first shitshow ever that revolved around me.
This is my moment, what are you doing?!
Anonmare wrote:Oranges gestures at the thread, it shudders and begins to move!
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
bandit wrote:you are now manually GLORFing
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

OOC: Francinum: Five Rounds at PAS's
"You are destinied to defeat Dr. Uguu and his 5 Robot Masters
(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #395016

no

there are no vive exclusives

bethesda tried their hardest to fuck over rift users but their games are legitimately fucking bad + singleplayer anyways

if anything your vive friends should install revive to play echo arena with you
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #395312

Ok nice thank you VRbopper!
Whatever
Spoiler:
oranges wrote:singulo.io is the center point of rational and calm debate, where much of tg's issues are worked out in a fun and family friendly environment
miggles wrote:it must have been quite the accomplishment, killing a dead butterfly
WeeYakk wrote:If you take a step back from everything watching the community argue janitor related changes is one of the most surreal and hilarious things about this game. Four pages of discussing the merits of there being too much or too little dirt in a video game.
NikNakFlak wrote:Excuse you, I was doing intentional bug testing for the well being of the server. I do not make mistakes.
Saegrimr wrote:
callanrockslol wrote:all you have to do is ban shitters until the playbase improves/ceases to exist, whichever comes first.
IM TRYING
Screemonster wrote:hellmoo is the mud for grown adults who main reaper in overwatch
Kor wrote:
confused rock wrote:...its like if we made fire extinguishers spawn in emergency boxes and have them heal you when you put out fires rather than them being in wall storages...
Are you having a stroke
MrStonedOne wrote:The best part about the election is when I announce my pick because I'm just as surprised as everybody else.
PM:[USER]->IrishWristWatch0: Yeah, im make it on but how im make the station to to sun and not go to sun

(All-Access-Man, ShootyBlackCoat Man, ChloralHydrate Man, Singulo Man and TeleportArmor Man)"
I'm a box
Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #395381

it's what i do

make sure you get hotdogs horseshoes and handgrenades, as for multiplayer games it depends on your tastes

also re: your room size, i have to keep repeating this but "roomscale" is a misnomer, any game worth playing only really requires you to be able to stand up and extend your arms so as long as you can do that you're fine - i do very little moving around on the x/y plane irl
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #395421

The Vive came 100$ down in price. I actually like F4 and would happily settlement in that game. In VR.

Still it's giong to be a while until I can get a headset so who knows. The Windows Mixed Reality headset is 299$ so if I'm going to go cheap then that's an option.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #395560

https://www.pcgamesn.com/fallout-4-vr-oculus-rift-fix

Huh. Seems everything IS compatible.

Thanks Buckets, you saved me 100$
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #395845

Oculus is having a £50 store credit bonus thing right now if you buy anything.
I finally cracked and bought a rift, though I won't have time to play it for like 2 weeks :/
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #395850

is there a way to make the rift not harvest your data now?
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
peoplearestrange

Post by peoplearestrange » #395871

DemonFiren wrote:is there a way to make the rift not harvest your data now?
Be genuinely nice to know if anyone knows...
Whatever
Spoiler:
Saegrimr wrote:
IM TRYING
Kor wrote:
Are you having a stroke

I'm a box
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #396300

stare into the camera whenever you bust a nut til they put you on the blacklist
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Post by Timbrewolf » #400778

PAS and I have been playing Ironwolf VR and it's pretty fun.

Could use two more sub chums to help us fend off the Cliff Racer-tier swarms of fucking planes and bombers that constantly try to wreck your shit.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW: