Payday 2

Talk about video games here
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays
Byond Username: An0n3

Payday 2

Post by Timbrewolf » #36785

Thought there was a thread but I guess not.

A lot of the DLC is on sale (I think all weekend long?) for 75% off. Some of it is really great, some of it is just alright.

If you're cherry-picking I would recommend the Sniper Pack, the Shotgun Pack, and Gage's Courier Pack. They have the coolest stuff in them. Bigass rifles, explosive shotgun shells, a ton of awesome add-ons, etc.
I'm usually up for playing if you see me on Steam. Actually if you see me on Steam, chances are I'm already playing Payday 2.

[youtube]mtRbtKI7zbs[/youtube]
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Re: Payday 2

Post by Steelpoint » #36789

I've gotten so used to the sniper (The one with 30 rounds in total) I use it almost exclusively outside of stealth heists. Being able to kill a shield through their shield is too good.

Also you can nab the original game for free if you download it today.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #36792

God-tier weapons:
Car-4 (only if you have the Courier DLC)
Ak.762 (benefits greatly from the Courier DLC, high-tier without it)
R93 (Sniper DLC exclusive)
Raven (Shotgun DLC exclusive)
Clarion (Assault DLC exclusive)
Locomotive G12

If you have the DLC you can buy two Car-4's and build one for stealth and one for loud missions and never need another gun again. It's stupid how good that gun becomes from that one DLC.
The AK.762 with DLC is a real beast for Deathwish difficulty missions where you need the extra damage, otherwise the Car-4 has better ammo economics.
R93 fucks everyone up all the time if you can shoot straight. Punching through a riot shield to blow the head off the asshole carrying it never gets old.
Raven is a fantastic all around shotgun that also is also really compact. Great primary shotgun, but also a great Plan B gun for stealth missions.
Clarion is a bullet hose. If you mod it right and fire in short bursts it chews people's heads off. 1000rpm ROF +decent damage. Also it's a FAMAS, so that's cool.
Locomotive G12 with mods is a fullsize pump action shotgun you can put in your secondary slot. It's like having two primary weapons. You can play entire heists without swapping to your primary just fine.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
DrPillzRedux
Rarely plays
Byond Username: DrPillzRedux

Post by DrPillzRedux » #36816

You could just download the cheat tool instead to unlock all the DLC for free. Also PD2 a shit yet I still play it sometimes. Hoxton heist better be good.
thot_slayer wrote:don't be a degenerate online if you don't want people to treat you like a degenerate morty
bandit wrote:what is this

a correct post by pillz
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #36920

Eh? How is that supposed to work with your account though? Wont the game realize you're not supposed to have any of that stuff?
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #36926

On one hand, I don't like Payday 2 that much
On the other, it's better than most alternatives so I still play it way too much

Give me a poke sometime if you want to play
ThanatosRa
Rarely plays
Byond Username: ThanatosRa

Post by ThanatosRa » #36939

If I'm gonna play this, I need a Nixon mask.
my forum gimmick is that no one knows who i am

gender is irrelevant NO UR IRRELEVANT
u a bish
y u heff 2 b med
miggles
Byond Username: Miggles

Post by miggles » #36950

An0n3 wrote:ammo economics
dezzmont wrote:I am one of sawrge's alt accounts
dezzmont wrote:sawrge has it right.
Connor wrote:miggles is correct though
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #36955

Steelpoint wrote:Also you can nab the original game for free if you download it today.
Just a weekend free trial. I'm gonna try to play it though.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

XSI

Post by XSI » #36958

The 'free' thing was yesterday

Today its just on sale
dezzmont
Byond Username: Dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #37056

Techforcer in the house, pardon me while I do everything that requires you to be alone for 15 minutes without dying.

I don't ever use the Car-4 for real missions personally because if I ever want an ammo efficient primary I use shotguns. That said the thing can be modded to become essentially microscopic, it is insane how concealable the thing is.

I also don't use the raven. The shotgun DLC in my opinion is more about getting the special ammo. That said I could see it if you arn't an enforcer and thus don't lose as much to the damage boost, if your aim is less than stellar and you need the extra shot, or you are not tanky and can't afford to take the extra hit a second should would give you for efficiency vs regular mobs or damage vs shields. The locomotive however is fucking insane, and I find it funny that it went from being objectively the worst gun in the first game and a really bad gun overall early in the second to being possibly the best currently. Another thing people in my usual crew use the Raven for is clearing house with explosive ammo and using the locomotive as ther real main weapon, which is great if you don't have bullet storm. I do and thus prefer to use the Judge pistol to fire off what is essentially a rapid fire grenade launcher and clear out an entire room after tossing a bag down.
Cipher3
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Cipher3

Post by Cipher3 » #37262

XSI wrote:The 'free' thing was yesterday

Today its just on sale
It's still free for 20 hours yet. I've been playing it. I like it, but I'm probably not going to buy it.
Spoiler:
Nathanael Greene has made a woman of Bryce Pax!

Valerie Sinnet says, "Nathaniel Greene charged the brig with a fucking HONK."

[Common] Assists-the-Crew hisses, "Walker Quinn s-s-s-ss-stole the HoP's-s-s-ss-s door"

OOC: HotelBravoLima: I literally can't be removed from power.

I demand this ban be lifted right now. ~Bibliodewangus

Erin Wake whispers, "You should ready up on Badger and boink with me..."

"I think you guys are just tired of drinking hitler and now you want diet hitler.
I've got all that great hitler flavor but only half the hitler calories." - Anon3

You seem to be under the mistaken assumption that PR matters. ~MisterPerson

DEAD: Ichigo Momomiya says, "Coravin's just an ass."

Linus Johnson says, "Hey you know I got this game Skyrim last week"
Linus Johnson says, "I have a level 19 ranger and its so fun"
Weston Zadovsky says, "did he just"
Weston Zadovsky says, "fucking hell"

The emergency shuttle has been called. It will arrive in 10 minutes.
Nature of emergency:
Coravin, just Coravin.

Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Fucking get out."
Coravin Vattes asks, "Please?"
Beryl Nyuphoran says, "Please get the fuck outta my lab."
Coravin Vattes exclaims, "Okay!"
[Common] Beryl Nyuphoran {RD} asks, "WHO GAVE CORAVIN ALL ACCESS?"

Lindsay Donk stammers, "L-Luc-ck w-was-s-s s-s-such-h a beaut-tifu p-p-p-pr-r-rom-m q-q-q-queen"

Ty Andrews curls up in a ball on the floor and purrs.

by oranges » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:15 pm
Get out bluespace, you've not been relevant since you lost the elections

That said, I think there are a shitton of degenerates here and I'd probably gas the lot of you if I had the chance. ~Loonikus

XSI

Post by XSI » #37812

TheTerbs
In Game PermaBanned

Post by TheTerbs » #37862

ive played so much payday 2
you're gonna carry that weight
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #38018

Skill revamp is the best
fucking
thing

Jack of all trades is hillariously "Kinda neat" tier in the sense that it doesn't break the game at all. Neither does reloading your turret. The changes to the bomb line of technicians however allows splashing tech without having to get that shitty crafting bonus or silent drilling.

Meanwhile the mastermind has come into their own, ditching most of those garbage perks for the ability to be a full out S&M freak who gains health, speed, and even over the time HP regeneration from tying people up and mind fucking them.

Perk deck leaves something to be desired but it does allow anyone to be their own version of beefy, and makes techforcer not as overtly ridiculous. Each deck has clear synergy with a specific tree but if you are playing a stationary sniper ghost who will always duck into cover after taking hits there is now nothing stopping you from grabbing the armorer's armor buffs. Would have been neat to be able to mix and match perk decks though, taking one card from each tier.
Last edited by dezzmont on Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #38019

There's been a large amount of changes in the past week, of the top of my head.
  • A Skill Tree revamp, and the addition of a perk tree
  • New clown masks
  • First look of the new heist and old Hoxton
  • A Scottish female heister
  • Keanu Reeves as a new heister
And we still have a lot more stuff to wait for.

Interesting stuff.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #38024

Wait, where did the Scottish female heister get confirmed?

Holy shit she is creepy.

I have been saying for ages they needed to introduce a psycho class with a female heister and have her be all about just butchering civilians and cops alike to affect the flow of the run, possibly with a warcrime-equie piece of equipment like a flamethrower or gas canister. Did they just stealth run my brain?

Because seriously, who hasn't wanted to just blow the brains out of an uppity running civilian to force every other idiot on the map to instantly be suppressed, or wanted to force a wave to end by showing the police the consequences of such actions? Shit would be awesome and would juxtapose with the new importance they are placing on hostages with the mastermind tree.
XSI

Post by XSI » #38046

Personally
I just want them to fix shockproof already and maybe add some more useful stuff to the tech's tree that isn't to do with the tripmines
As enforcer, I need my top tech tier armour boost or I may as well respec ghost and just use a silenced shotgun for the damage, it sucks that I have to pick a whole lot of skills that are completely dead for me to get there
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #38080

If you want to be GhostForcer you can use the silenced shotgun as well as a lot of knockdown/damage amplifiers from both trees for your melee attacks, and mobility improvements from Ghost.

You'll be a faster, less tanky build that goes berzerk in close quarters with shotgun and fire axe.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
nsos
Byond Username: NOSENSEOFSELF

Post by nsos » #38088

nice keanu is confirmed
XSI

Post by XSI » #38100

An0n3 wrote:If you want to be GhostForcer you can use the silenced shotgun as well as a lot of knockdown/damage amplifiers from both trees for your melee attacks, and mobility improvements from Ghost.

You'll be a faster, less tanky build that goes berzerk in close quarters with shotgun and fire axe.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #38117

Ghostforcer is the highest damage build possible right now and frankly the ghost tree's early ranks are very large on adding a lot of utility to enforcers, such as increasing their dramatically low speed and pickup rate and allowing them to move faster in cover.

Techforcer now is about maximizing your longevity with more accurate shotguns and ridiculous ammo pools and pickup rates that you can use to funnel into your sentry after all your traps are set. The trip mine damage boost is also extremely powerful with shotguns if you use the sensor mode, allowing you to easily decimate dozers.
miggles

Post by miggles » #38188

im kind of a split utility build with most of my points in mastermind and technician, with maxed drills and shaped charges as well as lol2medkit and i intend to get kilmer aced once i have the points for it
i kind of want to go a more damage/tanky build but being able to fuck doors and safes up is invaluable

also, it might be because i dont have the top tier tech armor bonus any more, but i feel like i have 0 armor anymore.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #38217

I'm still in my early levels so I don't have a lot of stuff. With what few skill points I have I aced out Mule and Die Hard. Played a few games with my brother last night though which let me buy a shotgun secondary, and him a revolver with a barrel that shouts "overcompensating". It's stupidly accurate and stable, though, so I might end up getting the same thing once I actually unlock the revolver.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #38301

Revolver is ok but for most uses doesn't reward accuracy in the same way other pistols do. Headshots on any pistol other than the starter should kill and if you are firing away at the body the revolver is the last thing you want. It also isn't good for specials. It is good for where you are at but once the deagle comes into play it becomes obsolete.

I would recommend focusing on the shotgun and an SMG combo if you are an enforcer.
XSI

Post by XSI » #38303

Don't let the whole 'secondary' thing fool you, the locomotive is the best shotgun in the game
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #38352

XSI wrote:Don't let the whole 'secondary' thing fool you, the locomotive is the best shotgun in the game
Definitely is the best one you can start with. Reinfeld has better range which makes it much better with AP slugs though.

The idea of secondary vs primary is weird. The idea is less that secondaries are less powerful and more that they are limited and its hard to complete a heist without a primary. However the locomotive is so loco that it in many ways can replace a primary, as its limitation is mostly in range which you probably don't care about anyway. A Car-4 for snipers and massive spray and pray panic moments combined with a locomotive is hard to beat.
XSI

Post by XSI » #38445

If you're getting something to punch through shields
Then sorry, but you don't want a shotgun with AP slugs. You want the R93 sniper rifle. It's about as fast(Slight bit slower) as the Reinfeld, has a little bit less ammo, but actually kills shields above very hard difficulty in one hit

Sniper rifles are better at being shotguns than shotguns are if you can just aim the things well enough
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #38503

AP shotguns have a better re-fire rate and ammo pool than all snipers besides the rattlesnake, which they at worst tie with in terms of re-fire rate if you are using a slow shotgun. This makes them better as a general purpose weapon for clearing waves, which is often what you should be using AP rounds for. They also one hit kill cloakers on most difficulties on a head-shot. The R93 is extremely ammo inefficient without getting multi-kills every time and is extremely unstable which means you can't use it to clear a room. It doesn't matter how good your aim is if you can't actually hit what you are pointing at or if you run out of ammo.

AP slugs being able to bypass shields is a side benefit. A very powerful benefit, one that can make it worth taking them if you feel like you will not be able to control the map and flank shields which is what most teams do, but still a side benefit. The main reason you take AP slugs is to get multiple head-shots very quickly if you have decent aim and know that the map is going to be an indoors map. If you want a dedicated anti-special gun you indeed do go for the R93, but most new players should be focusing on their ability to clear waves with their primaries. Though if they find they are going down to shields and dozers more often than they are just getting overwhelmed they should definitely check out the R93. Avoid the Thanatos like the plague when you are just starting out. If you want a truly wave clearing sniper rifle as a newbie you could also check out the rattlesnake. It gives up damage for a great ammo pool and recovery rate which should never be discounted, as ammo is generally going to be the primary limit on your team's ability to survive as you advance. It has half the rate of fire and a bit over double the damage of an AP loaded Reinfeld, but doesn't have any damage fall off. This means outside of the closest ranges where you need to be able to headshot enemies individually the rattlesnake will be superior to the Reinfeld if you can aim, and you can switch to an SMG for close range engagements. I wouldn't recommend pairing it up with a locomotive however, you would probably want to take an SMG with it instead as sniper rifles are even weaker than shotguns when it comes to engaging multiple groups of enemies.
miggles

Post by miggles » #38546

the thanatos is not for killing people, its a fucking anti-tank gun
you basically use it specifically to kill specials (dozers), and sometimes spec ops
if you want to use it more liberally at all you need someone with upgraded ammo bags
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #38550

miggles wrote:the thanatos is not for killing people, its a fucking anti-tank gun
you basically use it specifically to kill specials (dozers), and sometimes spec ops
if you want to use it more liberally at all you need someone with upgraded ammo bags
Yep. You absolutely should not touch it outside of pre-mades basically. And even then its the kind of thing you plan around.
XSI

Post by XSI » #38559

The thanatos is amazing at DW though, for those times when there's 2-3 dozers coming in at once it can save your heist.
For anything less than a dozer, double special kill or maybe a cloaker charging at you though, shooting it is a waste of ammo.

As for quickly getting multiple headshots with AP slugs, I'd say that's a waste still. Most shotguns will be able to clear out a lot with just their normal unmodified ammo as long as you can aim it, with the window during which the cops line up to take advantage of armour piercing being pretty tiny except on a few specific maps. Then again, it's not like there's anything at all that's actually useful for the primary slot as enforcer, so taking what you enjoy becomes more important than taking what is optimal. I suppose the idea is that you can fit your saw in there, but the saw is horrible and useless in combat

There are many skills for upgrading the saw, but I never heard of anyone even consider those. And now that we can have meelee weapons, the saw really needs a big buff in order to even be considered as a combat thing. It's a utility now, something that should fit in your ammo bag slot. Way back when the only dozers were yellow, it was alright to just shove it in their face to remove all their visors easily enough, but now it just plain doesn't have the power to take out any specials or even normals reliably
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #38849

Hey, I bought the Payday 2 Christmas soundtrack and it came with 3 extra giftable copies. Already gave one copy to my brother, send me a message on Steam if you want one of the other two. First come, first serve.

It's not just music by the way, it's also a few additional santa masks.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
CSPAN
Byond Username: CSPAN

Post by CSPAN » #38886

What's everyones favorites heists?

I'm a big fan of Mallcrasher and Firestarter, but the new Hotline Miami heist is pretty kick ass.
Player of: Jay Bodega
miggles

Post by miggles » #38897

i like watchdogs
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #39028

Shadow raid is a stealth heist that is actually fucking fun rather than annoying and pointless like framing frame with 5+ guards, or dull and grindy like any less than 5 guard heist. I thought I may like the new day 1 of framing frame stand alone, and while it is actually fun to play the rewards are so awful compared to what you have to do that there is no point.
XSI

Post by XSI » #39037

The separate day 1 frame heist is really only just there to make it slightly longer to get the difficulty masks I feel.

It's just not that great of a heist to be worth doing standalone, but it's nice to have the option
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #39038

XSI wrote:The separate day 1 frame heist is really only just there to make it slightly longer to get the difficulty masks I feel.

It's just not that great of a heist to be worth doing standalone, but it's nice to have the option
I have long held up day 1 Framing as an ideal stealth heist: challenging to actually do stealth by clearing the map, interesting layout with multiple avenues of attack, rewards all sklll types in and out of stealth, and finishing some of the heist and then going loud doesn't invalidate your work like day 3 Framing Frame does, meaning its valid to have some people geared for heavy and some geared to sneak it, or to use walk in closet. I wanted the day 1 alone for a while. But it is so unrewarding its flaws are now apparent to me. It may not penalize you for failing stealth part way and encouraging mass restarts and discouraging semi-concealable high powered guns, but the reward for partial stealth isn't legendary and really only works if you don't have a saw and already have enough paintings off the wall.

I honestly hope they re-work GO bank to let you get the timelock opening even if the alarm goes off if the keys are in (Even though its pretty hard to fuck that up), and re-work day 3 of framing frame entirely. Day 2 of rats could also be due for a change a bit.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #39129

I can't remember the last time I was with a group of people that actually bothered to stealth day 2 of Firestarter.

When we were all new to Payday 2 I remember people trying really hard to sneak that shit but now it's so easy to just smash and grab everything it's almost a joke to even suggest stealthing it.
Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #39145

The idea is if you can sneak all 3 days, or even two days, you get a stupiditarded stealth bonus.
Timbrewolf
Rarely plays

Post by Timbrewolf » #39146

>stealthing day one of Firestarter

Shed Wolf Numero Uno
NSFW:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #39156

It is very hard but possible. I have done it exactly once.
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #39215

Ricotez wrote:Hey, I bought the Payday 2 Christmas soundtrack and it came with 3 extra giftable copies. Already gave one copy to my brother, send me a message on Steam if you want one of the other two. First come, first serve.

Offer still stands. Nobody messaged me so far.
Spoiler:
Almost like I don't have any friends ;_;
Spoiler:
Apsis

Post by Apsis » #39217

The new heist to free Hoxton has crazy good rewards for the minimal stuff you need to do.
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #39218

The new Heist is also clearly based on Payday 1 style heists: Semi-random objectives revolving around holding out rather than moving bags. In fact there are no bags in either heist. And while the heists are easy something about the AI freaks em out. I would run with pubbies on this one if you don't have a crew.
XSI

Post by XSI » #39295

Ricotez wrote:
Ricotez wrote:Hey, I bought the Payday 2 Christmas soundtrack and it came with 3 extra giftable copies. Already gave one copy to my brother, send me a message on Steam if you want one of the other two. First come, first serve.

Offer still stands. Nobody messaged me so far.
Spoiler:
Almost like I don't have any friends ;_;
Everyone has it already is my guess

As for day 1 firestarter stealth - I've seen it done twice. Both by the same guy. Both times it also took about twice as long as it would have taken loud.
dezzmont wrote:The new Heist is also clearly based on Payday 1 style heists: Semi-random objectives revolving around holding out rather than moving bags. In fact there are no bags in either heist. And while the heists are easy something about the AI freaks em out. I would run with pubbies on this one if you don't have a crew.
Day 2 has you moving a single bag around. Your argument is invalid
I do like what they did for techs. Sentry guns and C4 is now legitimately a good thing to have on you. ECMs are valuable too now
Good thing too. Tech's tools needed some love
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #39557

Is this worth buying now?
This is one of those games you play with friends.
I play Boris Pepper.
miggles

Post by miggles » #39606

its always been worth buying
Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #39737

It gets better and better, because the developer actively supports the game and keeps updating it. Some of the new content is paid DLC, some is free.
Spoiler:
dezzmont

Post by dezzmont » #39739

Their use of DLC is also interesting as it is very ala-carte. You don't need any of it and you can have a top tier loadout without it. You also can go to all the missions and even join them without owning the DLC or knowing a friend with it. Some DLC has more of an effect on the game than others. The Shotgun DLC adds special ammo for the shotguns that can dramatically change playstyle, and while default ammo still has some use 00 ammo is for many builds extremely strong. Likewise the weapon pack that adds grenades in helps you out way more than you would think, to the point I am kind of miffed because its the only DLC that flat out adds power directly to your character.

The best DLC to get however if you get any, after getting grenades, is grabbing the courier pack. Those guns you can get are neat, but if you are not using that gun you are not getting value from the DLC. But those courier mods can be used on anything and are often a great way to specialize your gun further.

Meanwhile the assault and sniper DLC isn't at all mandatory and you can just skip them if you don't want to drop the cash. They have good weapons in them that are top tier but they don't invalidate anything else in core. DLCs also tend to, but don't always, have things for DLC owners to grant to their buds. Like the DLC with grenades added a grenade case asset that spawns near the spawn and lets people without the grenade DLC get a set for themselves. Sniper DLC added really worthless zip lines.

Heist DLCs are generally not worth it if you play solo, as you can just join to an existing lobby, meaning you are just buying the right to host and to get one exclusive weapon and a few masks. In group play you just need one person to be able to host it. So if you are just getting into the game don't pick those up.