Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: Trialmin Review: Optimumtact

Post by NikNakFlak » #406798

Bottom post of the previous page:

He's good, let me make a list of a bunch of things
  1. active maintainer for a really long time and done great work. Sure he did the star wars spoiler but countless code reviews, bug fixes and all that good stuff outweighs a movie meme tbh
  2. ran singulo/file.house for people, just shows investment into the community to make it more engaging
  3. how is disliking cats or lizards wrong if you don't do anything. I know like tons of people with this opinion in this community, what the fuck? There's always been this big debate of "FETISH CONTENT" vs "GET UR FETISH SHIT OUT OF MY GAME" and oranges isn't the first participant nor is he the most malicious about it (c; sup sawrge)
  4. Xhuis has mentioned a few times in this thread about oranges' bias/whatever going to get in the way of adminning and when oranges asked about it, xhuis simply stated he did not have admin logs, which... what the fuck? Game logs provide more than enough evidence of admins doing actions in game, this is a bad argument and you should feel bad. If he has never done anything wrong, and you can't find instances of him doing wrong doing, you can't chop it up to not having access to admin logs, logs are available, there's just no crime here.
  5. good time zone, we are constantly needing admins in these odd time zones. I myself sometimes see ausops when I'm on west coast 1-3am block and there's zero admins awake or anywhere usually. He's a solid man for the job and timezone is great, this is simply a pro to add to the list, although some people might not think much of it
  6. Good admin, I've seen him answer adminhelps in game and its as straight forward customer representative as you can be. He's been blowing people the fuck outta this thread left and right with his great admin conduct, the only thing people can seem to reference is anything except his admin conduct. I know community interaction matters but I'd rather have a good admin and a blunt dude in the community (not to mention all the great code related things he's done) over a really bad admin but he's nice when he's not making bad bans or badminning events or something I guess?
  7. oranges is my friend so im biased but also, I've had drama with him in the past where a pr of mine got closed or something and we exchanged harsh words but then later got over it because who cares? Then he went back to being the meme coding machine he is, and back them banters and good memes
  8. everything kor said
feels like people have a bone to pick or something
jcll
Byond Username: Jcll
Github Username: jcll

Post by jcll » #406799

Kor wrote:Powerful force for good. Incredibly hard working and never afraid to speak truth to power (or anyone else who needs to hear it).

Can't overstate how important he has been to the codebase and /tg/ as a whole.

I know he trolls sometimes but he's got a strong moral compass and will have peoples backs when it matters.

More specifically to adminning, he quit last time he felt he was going to abuse it because he was getting sick of it, which is probably the most important judgement we need admins to be able to make.
Nabski
Byond Username: Nabski
Github Username: Nabski89

Post by Nabski » #406802

Since people are talking about logs, I start trolling looking until I found him in game.

First round: No comments from him, no notable tickets that round.

Second one I found: Oh boy what a meme. Changed the title screen to the slippery slope image, Global narrated an image a few times, got kicked by both citrus and kevin, got an admin tempban for posting goose vomit. (86394)

Found seven rounds in a row of "Crime Clown here! Need anyone handeled? Hire a hitclown! Contact me for further info.", as I'm searching for tact. (4/22) This isn't related to him but you can' only gimmick so hard dude.

Third one: Played a song, played a song, canceled a random event, song, made a radiator say "I'm radiating daddy", made it say three more things, a ticket about an obscure feature, an IC issue (agreed), gave a cookie, gave forcewall&mimewall (assuming thunderdome), followed up on the IC issue as security continued being shitty, deals with some shitty AI laws, bwoinks someone about a death, gives out a meme objective, goes decently into depth on the bad escalation with the player in a good way. (86629)

When he's serious he seems to be good, but it seems like there aren't many connections (or at least it's hard to randomly find rounds with him on Bagil but I'm sure I would be the same) and even now he's being shitty about some things between the radiator comments and goose vomit.

I say extend trialmin.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #406805

Goose vomit. Questionable
Radiator, are you for real? Who cares
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #406806

It was my attempt at a random audit to actually talk about admin behavior rather than other things. He's great for the server in what he was already up to, but this is supposed to be a thread about just being an admin. I just clicked rounds in the logs until I found him, then wrote down everything I found in it. These were somewhere around the 8:00 hour range on the server, which I honestly have no idea what that relates to for real time of me or him.

I commented on the radiator things because they were clearly intended to be somewhat "steamy", which I guess was the joke.
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #406807

Logs and server time are in UTC, 8:00 translates to 4AM EDT which falls comfortably in the range of dead odd timezones.
Xhuis
Github User
Byond Username: Xhuis
Github Username: Xhuis

Post by Xhuis » #406810

NikNakFlak wrote: how is disliking cats or lizards wrong if you don't do anything. I know like tons of people with this opinion in this community, what the fuck? There's always been this big debate of "FETISH CONTENT" vs "GET UR FETISH SHIT OUT OF MY GAME" and oranges isn't the first participant nor is he the most malicious about it (c; sup sawrge)
Perhaps you missed the part where he directly caused people who use cat parts deliberate trouble for the sake of a laugh, ie the January incident I already cited extensively and multiple PRs against them that I think are jokes only half the time.
NikNakFlak wrote: Xhuis has mentioned a few times in this thread about oranges' bias/whatever going to get in the way of adminning and when oranges asked about it, xhuis simply stated he did not have admin logs, which... what the fuck? Game logs provide more than enough evidence of admins doing actions in game, this is a bad argument and you should feel bad. If he has never done anything wrong, and you can't find instances of him doing wrong doing, you can't chop it up to not having access to admin logs, logs are available, there's just no crime here.
As someone who has been around for a very long time, I feel that you should know more than anyone that oranges' behavior in general is a concern. I'm not going to logdive to get logs that will be passed off anyways, and I'm not concerned with a trial period that nobody to date has failed outright during review. I'm concerned that his demeanor and behavior will influence how he admins once he has free reign, and all of his actions in past four months encourage me to continue doing so as I have for the past several years. I do see that he cares about the server, and I'm never going to deny how much he's done for the community and code, but his behavior doesn't strike me as something we look for in admins.

I had a brief candidation period cancelled by Armhulen for a single mishap. I've coded for going on perhaps four years now. Why should he get a pass where I don't? Do see you see why I'm concerned here? Oranges has done worse things than me, more often, and more consistently, and yet is given free pass after free pass no matter how many people he hurts.
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
Kraso wrote:hi gay
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
wubli wrote:you are a cultist of the gay
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #406811

Nabski wrote:Since people are talking about logs, I start trolling looking until I found him in game.

gave forcewall&mimewall (assuming thunderdome)
That was a mime praying who I granted that too
[/quote]
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #406812

ohnopigeons wrote:Logs and server time are in UTC, 8:00 translates to 4AM EDT which falls comfortably in the range of dead odd timezones.
This is basically 8pm here and I'm usually on from 7/8 -> 12pm nzst which is like 3AM/4AM -> 8AM
Nabski

Post by Nabski » #406814

Oranges, do you want me to try to find another random round, and if so what time/server are you typically on. I feel like the goose vomit one was not a very representative example, as funny as it was.

The mime specific traitor tools could be so fun, but every time I used them there were calls of MIME IS VALID.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #406816

You can if you want, but goose vomit is pretty representative of a round

Also it's easier to find rounds if you download the month bundles from the parsed logs and use a recursive grep for the ckey, then you can target the admin raw logs to get more detail
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #406826

ColonicAcid wrote: you did not actually answer the question about whether or not youre divisive,
I'm not

edit:Kor laughed at me for posting this so let me expand
I make my opinion clear and I argue strongly my point
That isn't divisive, that's how change happens

Without change we're stagnant, and if we're stagnant this community is dead
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #406834

oranges wrote:
ColonicAcid wrote: you did not actually answer the question about whether or not youre divisive,
I'm not

edit:Kor laughed at me for posting this so let me expand
I make my opinion clear and I argue strongly my point
That isn't divisive, that's how change happens

Without change we're stagnant, and if we're stagnant this community is dead
perhaps you know who else fits in the description of "i make my opinion clear and i argue strongly my point"???? cdb.

you could make great points but it doesn't matter when you're a corrosive vitriol filled shit.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #406836

luckily I'm not, so I've got that going for me
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #406837

hmm
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #406838

oranges is the one true king
soon he will gain the seat of power and all those who supported the rightful heir will be blessed beyond imagination
rejoice and know that his ascension will be glorious, his royal bloodline will bring peace and happiness to a fractured tgstation
those who stand against the true king will be cast from the heavens, denied a utopia by their own hands
repent now, accept him as king and his mercy will shine upon you
I play Boris Pepper.
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #406847

As someone who has been around for a very long time, I feel that you should know more than anyone that oranges' behavior in general is a concern. I'm not going to logdive to get logs that will be passed off anyways, and I'm not concerned with a trial period that nobody to date has failed outright during review. I'm concerned that his demeanor and behavior will influence how he admins once he has free reign, and all of his actions in past four months encourage me to continue doing so as I have for the past several years. I do see that he cares about the server, and I'm never going to deny how much he's done for the community and code, but his behavior doesn't strike me as something we look for in admins.

I had a brief candidation period cancelled by Armhulen for a single mishap. I've coded for going on perhaps four years now. Why should he get a pass where I don't? Do see you see why I'm concerned here? Oranges has done worse things than me, more often, and more consistently, and yet is given free pass after free pass no matter how many people he hurts.
Oranges has been here seven years, throughout that entire time I've never seen him be maliciously bad to anyone (for the six years I've been here anyway), and I've also seen him intervene in serious matters for example the whole vio thing and conduct himself extremely well. I feel like he is probably one of the few people on the server that can be trusted to handle sensitive matters in a impartial way.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #406849

Sometinyprick wrote:

Oranges has been here seven years, throughout that entire time I've never seen him be maliciously bad to anyone (for the six years I've been here anyway), and I've also seen him intervene in serious matters for example the whole vio thing and conduct himself extremely well. I feel like he is probably one of the few people on the server that can be trusted to handle sensitive matters in a impartial way.
In that time, you really haven't seen him act out in any way that inspires worry? Earlier this year, or before that, by spoiling TLJ through PR titles?
I'm an ex-coder for /tg/. I made the original versions of clockcult, shadowlings, revenants, His Grace, and other stuff.
I don't play, code, or participate in the community, but I occasionally post dumb stuff in the hut.
wubli wrote:xhuis you said you were feeling better but every thread you make makes me worry more about your sanity
ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone wrote:Sorry I was making fun of xhuis' """""compromise""""" who insisted that was the correct term to use.
CitrusGender wrote:We've ended up disabling clockcult on sybil and bagil now (terry is having some problems.) We will give Xhuis some time until he wishes to work upon it again. As of now, please use this thread for ideas and not for bickering.
IkeTG wrote:It's a reflection of humanity, like all of man's creation. You cannot divorce this act from yourself, in a way there's a big titty moth inside all of us.
wesoda25 wrote:yeah no one was curious what it was from. Imagine choosing being a degenerate as your forum gimmick, LOL
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #406856

Xhuis wrote: In that time, you really haven't seen him act out in any way that inspires worry? Earlier this year, or before that, by spoiling TLJ through PR titles?
For me personally no, I thought spoiling TLJ was a pretty poor joke though, but I just don't consider that worrying. There have just been so many serious situations where he has done the responsible and right thing, because of that I don't feel he would intentionally do anything malicious or act in bad faith.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Xhuis
Github User

Post by Xhuis » #406860

I guess, with so many people that I trust trusting oranges, that I will too. I won't try and argue any more; I'm tentative, but I do know that oranges has done a lot for the community and if the headmins decide to go through with it then I won't pitch a fit about it. I just hope it's the right choice.
Bob Dobbington
Byond Username: Bob Dobbington

Post by Bob Dobbington » #406871

Vote promote.
Yes, oranges is an asshole, but he's the citrus we deserve, and he cares more and has more knowledge than any three game admins. In addition, oranges will be under greater scrutiny and tighter oversight once he joins the admin team than he ever was on the code side. He'll be answerable to headmins and to MSO and to the admin complaints and ban appeals process. The antipodean TZ coverage and the deep familiarity with /tg/code generally are just bonuses. If you people want to rein Oranges in the easiest way is to make it possible to write an admin complaint about him so that your complaints can go through the years-old established process we have for ignoring resolving them. Extending him would serve no purpose, he knows everything he needs to know, and making him full admin would accomplish most of what the naysayers and dreamslayers want anyway, which is a forum for their bitching constructive criticism so that it can be acted upon.
Game Admin for /tg/station. I usually play Daisy Holmes, the botanist.
Tsaricide
Byond Username: Tsaricide

Post by Tsaricide » #406874

imblyings wrote:someone who's spent years contributing time, money, promote Oranges
Well well well so it's finally come to this, he's bought his way into admin.

How much money did he give you to say this ausops?
imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #406875

Less than the price you were offering :^)
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin

Post by NikNakFlak » #406932

Bob's post is perfect oh my god
Yakumo_Chen
Byond Username: Yakumo Chen

Post by Yakumo_Chen » #406944

Abusive and biased.

Continually throws around his power whenever he has it, and abuses any rule he thinks he can get away with without being punished.

His behavior as a maintainer speaks volumes for how I think he will function as a full admin. The fact he can blatantly ignore the rules of the codebase and get away with it completely decimate any trust I could have that he could be a competent admin.

-Speedmerging things he PR'd himself in 5 minutes just because someone challenges him that he can't doesn't convince me he can be even tempered or fair, not to mention shows he has absolutely no consideration for the rules.

Oranges has abused his Coder rank before to ahelp opinions at people, with no consideration of the server rules, threatening to gib because he simply doesn't like the player (me). This is before he was even trailmin.

-Ran a gross vore-based event a few days ago and told people who wanted to opt out of the gross fetish pandering to "deal with it"

I don't have any trust for Oranges in any position of power and if he is made admin I'm not sure I can trust any of the administrators not to be as abusive as he is.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #406948

Not a bad admin tbh, though he's not had that many tickets afaik lately.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Re: Trialmin Review: oranges

Post by bandit » #406956

Qbopper wrote:my post doesn't matter though because he has acted this way for a long time and gets away with it through a combo of technical usefulness and nobody wanting to do anything about it so i'm sure he'll get fullmin and continue to go through the cycle of doing things that are helpful/whatever and then ramping up how much shit he does until it gets near breaking point, then he'll apologize (or not) and repeat
This is 100% correct and is my main concern. People get deadminned over small incidents of abuse, but at this point he has racked up enough such incidents, both small and not, that any other admin would have gotten deadminned long ago. The "answering ahelps from IRC when not an actual admin" thing alone is usually enough to nuke someone's having admin tools -- and did his, for a while.
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #406960

u know that asshole at work that talks a whole lodda shit to anyone and everyone and he does stupid shit on the reg and u always wonder "how the fuck does he not get fired??"

its because hes put an aura of irreplaceability.
Togopal
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Togopal

Post by Togopal » #406974

I know that he can be rude and abrasive but as an admin hes handled situations far better than I would have sometimes. Also all of my interactions with him have been nice.

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #406997

Bob Dobbington wrote:Vote promote.
Yes, oranges is an asshole, but he's the citrus we deserve, and he cares more and has more knowledge than any three game admins. In addition, oranges will be under greater scrutiny and tighter oversight once he joins the admin team than he ever was on the code side. He'll be answerable to headmins and to MSO and to the admin complaints and ban appeals process. The antipodean TZ coverage and the deep familiarity with /tg/code generally are just bonuses. If you people want to rein Oranges in the easiest way is to make it possible to write an admin complaint about him so that your complaints can go through the years-old established process we have for ignoring resolving them. Extending him would serve no purpose, he knows everything he needs to know, and making him full admin would accomplish most of what the naysayers and dreamslayers want anyway, which is a forum for their bitching constructive criticism so that it can be acted upon.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407087

Yakumo_Chen wrote: -Speedmerging things he PR'd himself in 5 minutes just because someone challenges him that he can't doesn't convince me he can be even tempered or fair, not to mention shows he has absolutely no consideration for the rules.
Never actually merged it, you can still equip pet collars on people, seems you're still falling for that one even though I've done it ~3 times over 2 years now
Yakumo Chen wrote: -Ran a gross vore-based event a few days ago and told people who wanted to opt out of the gross fetish pandering to "deal with it"
We renamed guns into a vore theme and made them play an eating sound when they fired, as well as renaming and recolouring walls and floors, another admin spawned a morph named vore guard and then we spawned some blobs for the crew to fight. This was done with the assistance of multiple admins and with a headmin online and was a funny event. If this event actually upset you then lmao, we didn't even make you do anything remotely vore related other than have guns fire with a eating sound.

one other admin also told you to deal with it when you complained so why you're singling me out is interesting.

Also you never made an admin complaint so I assumed you privately complained to the headadmin team (as you often do) and got told your complaint wasn't actionable.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #407097

forgot to point this out in my original post but oranges has a clear disrespect for the rules or authority (eg. the star wars spoiler thing) and this has happened more than once

i am floored that people do not understand how there are problems promoting someone who is

-intentionally divisive and abrasive under the guise of "tough love"
-disrespectful of other users and admins when it pleases him
-known to ignore the rules that admins are trying to uphold
-known to have a history of abusing power for whatever reason (see: half the shit he does as a maintainer)

nothing has ever actually been done about oranges breaking the rules/being a giant douche for a long time and nothing will ever be done, and if you pretend that may change with him being an actual admin you're delusional - i am not and never will be a subscriber of the "you can be a shit person but a good admin" theory

i've stayed silent about oranges being an admin because i know my opinion will be discarded and i didn't want to be involved in drama, but that's the fucking problem, because basically everyone is like me and will do anything to avoid dealing with shit even if it means letting things they do not want to happen happen - nothing will be done in the future if and when oranges decides to be an ass

we all know oranges is capable of not being a dickhead and contributing in positive ways, even ignoring his help with the codebase and server side of the game - which makes it all the more frustrating that someone with this much sway in the community chooses to use it as a way to be an asshole and get away with it as he pleases

to oranges directly: i hope when you get fullmin you change and realize that there are ways to be direct and clear without being obnoxious and rude, and i hope that you don't dismiss the people criticizing you out of hand - i know you love to shit on me for having a thin skin, but i actually try to fix that problem about myself. i've never seen you admit to anything like that, instead just slinging shit like it's your day job - i don't understand how or why you do this when we all know you're capable of getting things done without that. it's unlikely that you give a fuck, though, and it's not like i can blame you when you've gotten away with basically everything that others would have been punished for
Spoiler:
everyone knows trialmin is a fucking joke anyways and he's going to get in regardless, the odds of anyone not getting fullmin after they hit trial (assuming they don't do something blatantly stupid like spam buttons or whatever) are very low - that isn't even supposed to be a jab at oranges or the admin team, it's just true
this entire post was a giant fucking waste of time honestly because nobody will be swayed either way and the people with actual power will just shrug their shoulders and continue to never do anything about the problems, i'm sure people will point and say "make an admin complaint if he does anything" like that will ever work
Limey wrote:its too late.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #407102

Qbopper wrote:-intentionally divisive and abrasive under the guise of "tough love"
He hasn't divided anyone. Please cite where he "divided the community", aside from faking a few merges in good faith as a joke to prove that people are getting way too fucking worked up over video games.

Stop repeating "HE DIVIDED US" without backing it up with proof.
Qbopper wrote:-disrespectful of other users and admins when it pleases him
Tough shit man, this is /tg/station. I get more flak on the daily than oranges likely ever has dished out simply because I make PRs people don't like. Get over it. People aren't nice on the internet.

The only times oranges has been a dick to me is when I deserve it. So don't try to pull that crap.
Qbopper wrote:-known to ignore the rules that admins are trying to uphold
1. Everyone knows every single admin enforces different rules. Don't even try to pretend they don't.

2. If a rule is shit, and he knows it's shit, why would he punish a player over a shit rule?
Qbopper wrote:-known to have a history of abusing power for whatever reason (see: half the shit he does as a maintainer)
he does not abuse power, you can ask Cheridan or Kor this question and they'll back me up. You disagreeing with his rulings on PRs is not abuse.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #407103

I think that if the community is getting "divided" because a guy fake merged a few PRs that had jokes about cat people, we should be looking at whether the people stirring shit by screaming about a non-existent divide should be looked at, not the guy who poked fun at some nerds who got too worked up about their virtual tail(literally)
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #407104

also i find it cute how The Usual Suspects start bringing up how he "doesnt enforce the rules" right after he posts in the name policy thread about how he doesn't like the rule and outlines why it's a shit rule

real transparent there buddy
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #407106

iamgoofball wrote:I think that if the community is getting "divided" because a guy fake merged a few PRs that had jokes about cat people, we should be looking at whether the people stirring shit by screaming about a non-existent divide should be looked at, not the guy who poked fun at some nerds who got too worked up about their virtual tail(literally)
>People are being targeted and singled out by someone that holds a significant level of power in the community
>Well maybe they should stop being targets they're the real ones to blame here

lol
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #407107

oranges has these moments where he's friendly and great, most of the time he's just kind of abrasive and acts out to get a rise out of people, and then there's times where he acts like a complete and total shithead and seems to just go out of his way to ruin things, take cheap shots at people, and generally act like a huge miserable cunt.

I'm sure he'd be a great admin sometimes, a decent admin most of the time, and then we get to the times where he gets moody and he does something stupid and destructive.

Maybe the former is enough to overlook the latter. I just think it's shitty whenever he's in a mood and re-kindles this specific fire because we've watched the catpeople drama episode so many times I'm ready to throw my TV out onto the front lawn.
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #407110

There's a fine line between being blunt and being rude and in my short time being active here lately I don't think I've ever seen him manage to disagree with someone without being excessively dismissive and hostile, it doesn't set a good example for players and no doubt it's going to cause issues at some point in the future

One could hope he might change his ways but he seems more preoccupied with defending his bad attitude than taking feedback at heart
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #407111

captain sawrge wrote:
iamgoofball wrote:I think that if the community is getting "divided" because a guy fake merged a few PRs that had jokes about cat people, we should be looking at whether the people stirring shit by screaming about a non-existent divide should be looked at, not the guy who poked fun at some nerds who got too worked up about their virtual tail(literally)
>People are being targeted and singled out by someone that holds a significant level of power in the community

lol
Fake merging a meme PR is not "targeting and singling out".

You are making a big deal out of nothing. Really makes you think about your intentions.

inb4 "its not about me ;)"
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #407112

iamgoofball wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:

lol
Fake merging a meme PR is not "targeting and singling out".

You are making a big deal out of nothing. Really makes you think about your intentions.

inb4 "its not about me ;)"
His actions don't exist in a vacuum. He's picking at old wounds to dredge up the exact same shit we went through the last 3 times it's happened.

For why???
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407122

yeah all those hundreds of tg players who like to put pet collars on.

They sure are the most vibrant part of our playerbase
Qustinnus
Byond Username: Qustinnus

Post by Qustinnus » #407162

I think oranges should be promoted. Oh yeah he has pulled a few pranks and has done some questionable things but I don't even think those things compare to what a lot of TG admins have done before, so if that's really the big turn off then we have bigger worries than oranges. Besides that oranges is quite serious when necessary and has been one of the few people in the community I've never had any trouble with.

but that's ofcourse, my view.
captain sawrge wrote:oranges has these moments where he's friendly and great, most of the time he's just kind of abrasive and acts out to get a rise out of people, and then there's times where he acts like a complete and total shithead and seems to just go out of his way to ruin things, take cheap shots at people, and generally act like a huge miserable cunt.

I'm sure he'd be a great admin sometimes, a decent admin most of the time, and then we get to the times where he gets moody and he does something stupid and destructive.

Maybe the former is enough to overlook the latter. I just think it's shitty whenever he's in a mood and re-kindles this specific fire because we've watched the catpeople drama episode so many times I'm ready to throw my TV out onto the front lawn.
I think this is kind of ironic because this is the exact shit you yourself do and yet you're always very confident about your ability to administrate.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407193

Mickyan wrote:There's a fine line between being blunt and being rude and in my short time being active here lately I don't think I've ever seen him manage to disagree with someone without being excessively dismissive and hostile, it doesn't set a good example for players and no doubt it's going to cause issues at some point in the future

One could hope he might change his ways but he seems more preoccupied with defending his bad attitude than taking feedback at heart
I've addressed this multiple times in this thread, but for your benefit I'll address it again in case you missed it.

I am rude and blunt, because I find it the best way to get my point across to people, I am outspoken yes and I'll be mean and make jokes about people who I think are wrong and holding stupid opinions and yeah, I'll call them stupid publicly, and to their face, I'm going to do all these things irrespective of if I happen to be an admin or not.

I am not going to be able to change that ever, it's just who I am as a person and is a product of my environment, culture, upbringing and education, so if you value directness, honesty and someone who is willing you to tell you what they really think, no matter the consequences, then promote me and I promise to always do that with the best interests of this community in mind.

If you value someone who lies to make you feel better, or doesn't say what's on their mind and sabotages you behind your back instead, or spends all their time trying to placate every single person in the community in case feelings get hurt then don't promote me and promote other people instead, lord knows there's plenty of those around.
Last edited by oranges on Sat May 05, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #407197

honestly he's decent
oranges
Code Maintainer

Re: Trialmin Review: oranges

Post by oranges » #407198

Shezza wrote:I wish I had anything nice to say here.
*pats your head*
Nothing personell kitten
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407200

Gouty wrote:
oranges wrote:I investigated your issue, resolved it and rejected your follow up ahelps, you then made a complaint, had your complaint denied and apparently continue to hold a grudge about it.
I wasn't talking about the complaint. In the complaint I said you did not intervene when someone was breaking the rules, like you said it was denied.

This was the same incident but HOW you handled it, something I did not mention in the complaint but is relevant now, and is also the major concern that people seem to have with you. If you want to dismiss it and believe that's down to some bias grudge and not legitimate feedback (the purpose of this thread) then that's down to you.
Missed this post

How did I handle it that upset you? I looked into it, said there was nothing more I was willing to do, rejected your follow up ahelps and then told you to take it to the forums when you continued to ice skate uphill, as far as I'm concerned you're just mad because I didn't spend time licking your boots while handling your ahelp and treated you like a equal instead of a superior.
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407211

>being rude and blunt is the best way to get thru to people.

This is called social retardation.

The real question is if youre like this in real life as well or is it just because you don't understand that there is actually a person whos reading all this tripe you think is "the hard truth" that could have been said without screaming and calling them a shit eating fuck nugget.

Basically youre the interney version of a little dickweed who says "no offense" before he offends someone. You see its kinda disingenuous to say you're only saying the truth because you're not. You don't really care about the truth, you care about making people feel bad.

The truth is second thought really. See where the hard truth gets you?
And you say you're not divisive lmao. Even admins are saying that you should not be admin.
Last edited by ColonicAcid on Sat May 05, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #407212

Theres no point in extending his trial. He knows everything there is to know about administration. Just promote him and give him the boot when/if (it's more of a when) he does something stupid. I've forgiven him for the star wars spoiler thing but I haven't forgotten it. I think he'll do similar stuff in the future and at that point we can fire him.

edit or you can demote him now and avoid the firing later part but i think that would be in bad faith.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407214

Nick young ??? Meme goes here.

So wait you know hes going to fuck up but youll still let him do it?

Oh yeah lets give this psychologically unstable guy a gun... he hasnt broken down yet but when he does we can just take the gun away.

ALSO i havent said this but why the FUCK was kor saying that its a good thing on oranges part for leaving before he did something stupid with admin tools because he was burnt out? Is this normal behaviour? Because i dont fucking wreck shit when I'm burnt out, I take a break or I just quit because I'm burnt out. He has LITERALLY said that when he stops giving a shit due to fatigue he'll go haywire and fuck shit up and y'all are like "wow so much self control to actually quit and not fuck shit up good job oranges!!" Motherfucker what that should go unsaid what the fuck.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407218

ColonicAcid wrote:>being rude and blunt is the best way to get thru to people.

This is called social retardation.
Not being able to pick up social cues is social retardation, being rude to someone online is not social retardation, then again, maybe you weren't able to pick that up :roll:

The weird part is you, swarge and xhuis seem to be stuck in repeat on the whole rudeness issue, when I think the bluntess is far more common than just outright rudeness to people who haven't earned it.
ColonicAcid wrote: Basically youre the interney version of a little dickweed who says "no offense" before he offends someone. You see its kinda disingenuous to say you're only saying the truth because you're not. You don't really care about the truth, you care about making people feel bad.
I've never said no offense before I've offended people because I intend to usually cause them quite a bit of offence.

It just so happens to be that when you say things you think are true you tend to offend people at the same time, but I'm not implying that it's only because I'm saying the truth, the truth, after all, is relative.

I'm saying it's because I'm going to give you my honest opinion, irrespective of if it makes you upset or not in the manner that I deliver it.

Besides, if I wanted to make people feel bad, what bearing would being an admin have on that or not? I can do it without having a special snowflake game role, if anything it would be easier to not be an admin.
Last edited by oranges on Sat May 05, 2018 12:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #407220

ColonicAcid wrote:He has LITERALLY said that when he stops giving a shit due to fatigue he'll go haywire and fuck shit up
When did I say this?