2k18 /pol/

Talk about non-ss13 stuff here.
FantasticFwoosh
Byond Username: FantasticFwoosh

Re: 2k18 /pol/

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #405942

Bottom post of the previous page:

Would gay bakers refuse a heterosexual cake supporting the legal marriage of man and wife?

Spoiler:
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #405983

It was rhetorical.

In my eyes its just bad business sense with misplaced pseudoethical morality.

Spoiler:
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #406067

This case started back in 2012, so "year" of the gay is a bit off

Decade of the gay?
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #406086

It's a toughie, 'cause it's not just "refusing to sell a cake". It's refusing to put a particular message on the cake. It's closer to a newspaper or magazine turning down an advertisement that disagreed with their editorial policy.

iirc there was another bakery case not long ago that got spun into a big hoo-ha about "reeee muh right to refuse service" in the media and it turned out that the case wasn't about the bakers refusing to make a cake at all, it was a harassment case because the bakers doxed the couple on facebook and tried to get them run out of town for being gay, which is a little bit more clear cut than "they wouldn't make us a cake"
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #406093

Technically a business can refuse service to someone without giving a reason and in most cases it's kosher

Ironically if they didn't give a reason they'd probably be fine

tbh it's just drama stirring for the sake of drama and it's why I refuse to be in any of the LGBTABCWXYZ-or-whatever communities because they're drama cesspools
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #406106

CosmicScientist wrote:And yet you're in the /TG/ community.
There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot.

And they're called being gay and being a member of this hecking community respectively
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #406187

I should make it a rule 0 ban for anyone who capitalises /tg/.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #406203

Rustledjimm wrote:I should make it a rule 0 ban for anyone who capitalises /tg/.
You'll need to talk to Oranges then on case of deliberately pushing PR's for profit & footfall
Spoiler:
Discord #tggeneral

god bless tired NZ shitposting
Not that there's typically anything particularly wrong with co-operative capitalism versus exploitative capitalism in my mind at-least.

Spoiler:
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #406242

brazilians are pure maidens do not contain them
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
ohnopigeons
Byond Username: Ohnopigeons
Github Username: ohnopigeons

Post by ohnopigeons » #406951

US freezes funding for White Helmets after testimonies in the Hague. It only took 2 years.

Alternative British and French take on the testimonies.
Ricotez
Byond Username: Ricotez

Post by Ricotez » #406968

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/pol ... 573768002/

Not sure if these lawmakers actually believe in his bullshit, or if they just want to create a controversy. If anyone Moon Jae-in deserves the price for keeping his head cool while Trump was spouting bile on Twitter and trying to keep communications open with the north.

Then again Obama won it in his first year before having proven anything, and Aung San Suu Kyi won it and later became responsible for a genocide. So maybe attacking free speech and the judicial power in his own country and threatening to start a nuclear war won't stand in Trump's way of winning.

Meanwhile there's still no Nobel price for computing science.
MimicFaux wrote:I remember my first time, full of wonderment and excitement playing this game I had heard so many stories about.
on the arrival shuttle, I saw the iconic toolbox on the ground. I clubbed myself in the head with it trying to figure out the controls.
Setting the tool box, now bloodied, back on the table; I went to heal myself with a medkit. I clubbed myself in the head with that too.
I've come a long ways from asking how to switch hands.
Spoiler:
#coderbus wrote:<MrPerson> How many coders does it take to make a lightbulb? Three, one to make it, one to pull the pull request, and one to fix the bugs
Kor wrote:The lifeweb playerbase is primarily old server 2 players so technically its our cancer that invaded them
peoplearestrange wrote:Scared of shadows whispers in their final breath, "/tg/station... goes on the tabl..."
DemonFiren wrote:Please, an Engineer's first response to a problem is "throw it into the singulo".
tedward1337 wrote:Donald Trump is literally what /pol/ would look like as a person
CrunchyCHEEZIT wrote:why does everything on this server have to be a federal fucking issue.
Saegrimr wrote:One guy was running around popping hand tele portals down in the halls before OPs even showed up and got several stranded out on lavaland.
The HoP just toolboxes someone to death out of nowhere, then gets speared by a chemist who saw him murder a guy, then the chemist gets beaten to death because someone else saw him kill the HoP.
Tele-man somehow dies and gets its looted by an atmos tech who managed to use it to send two nuke ops to lavaland, who were then surrounded by several very angry people from earlier and some extra golems on top of it.
Captain dies, gets cloned/revived, lasers the guy holding the disk into crit to take it back.
Some idiot tries to welderbomb the AI hiding out at mining for no discernible reason.
Two permabans and a dayban, i'm expecting a snarky appeal from one of them soon. What the fuck.
ShadowDimentio wrote:I am the problem
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #406971

Ricotez wrote:Then again Obama won it in his first year before having proven anything, and Aung San Suu Kyi won it and later became responsible for a genocide. So maybe attacking free speech and the judicial power in his own country and threatening to start a nuclear war won't stand in Trump's way of winning.
Double negative, if you're criticizing Trump for recieving a Nobel peace prize but in the same breath devalue its worth by noting people who received it for even less or questionable contribution than him then what actual reason do you have to be mad about it other than to slam Drumpf for being Drumpf?

Spoiler:
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #406991

If Trump wins the prize he will be the first WWE hall of famer to win a nobel prize
XSI
Byond Username: XSI

Post by XSI » #407000

Fun fact- The nobel prizes aren't based on merit, they're based on whoever is popular in a field as decided by a bunch of old guys with specific opinions.
This is tradition for it, going back all the way to Mr Nobel, who decided to just award his friends and people he liked.
There is no real criteria for them, just as long as the committee that decides who gets a prize believes you should get one.

But that said, I hope he gets one just so the clownshow can continue. Honk honk
XSI

Post by XSI » #407091

Probably, yes

Any excuse to keep shit going, at this point it's a bunch of people just doing it because they can
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #407094

I wonder if i could just bribe the committee and get a nobel peace prize mailed to me by post.

Spoiler:
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #407109

This is why other people ruin people for me.

Matrioshyka Brain so I don't have to deal with other people when?
XSI

Post by XSI » #407120

Basically, yes
If you manage to bribe them well enough, you're getting a nobel prize.
Just need to have some vague excuse of an achievement to get it
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #407170

Anonmare wrote:This is why other people ruin people for me.
get on my level
I ruin people for me
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #407171

XSI wrote:Basically, yes
If you manage to bribe them well enough, you're getting a nobel prize.
Just need to have some vague excuse of an achievement to get it
Well at least it certifies how good you are in the field of bribery.
A useful skill nonetheless
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #407179

Grazyn wrote: Well at least it certifies how good you are in the field of bribery.
A useful skill nonetheless
I have skill 100 pickpocketing, its no issue to take the money back when you go to look at another NPC.

Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #407187

The funny thing is, Trump would win the Nobel prize in shystering anyway
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #407199

What CRAAAAAAAAAAZY thing is Donald "Hitler" Trump doing today?
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #407219

politics and pickpocketing go well together
at 100 you can strip vast swathes of the population of their rights and no one will notice

completely unrelated, npr has called kanye west a sentient digg thread and it made me laugh
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #407254

Ricotez wrote:So maybe attacking free speech and the judicial power in his own country and threatening to start a nuclear war
Yes, I'm sure that's why he's being nominated. You gotem.
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #407260

DemonFiren wrote:politics and pickpocketing go well together
at 100 you can strip vast swathes of the population of their rights and no one will notice

completely unrelated, npr has called kanye west a sentient digg thread and it made me laugh
I remember during the last campaign when trump supporters were trumpeting the black support demonstrated by Blacks For Trump

The hundredth time I saw it I got curious so I visited the site http://www.gods2.com/

Turns out the guy was an actual deranged nutjob and it had absolutely nothing to do with blacks supporting trump
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #407281

Nobel was the inventor of tnt, the peace prize came about as they thought that such destructive power would bring an end to war.

I suppose they weren't wrong though, just several decades too early and the wrong big stick.

So trump getting one for threatening to nuke the yellow monkeys isn't out of the ordinary
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #407301

I thought he made the peace award because he felt so bad for inventing TNT and causing massive loss of life
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #407312

Apparently you're more likely to survive a gun shot than a stab wound.

That's probably low cal pistols and not high power rifles I'd guess
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #407318

Malkevin wrote:Apparently you're more likely to survive a gun shot than a stab wound.

well you are not going to survive a stab from a WASP knife, that's for sure

[youtube]Sa_NC-_fvKs[/youtube]
XSI

Post by XSI » #407347

Lets be entirely fair here
If everyone had a gun, we'd not have a lot of knife crime anymore

So technically..
ShadowDimentio
Byond Username: David273

Post by ShadowDimentio » #407352

Britfags trying to ban/regulate knives is fucking hysterical though. Good fucking luck banning sharpened pieces of metal.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

"Penguins are the second race to realise 2D>3D"
-Anonmare

"Paul Blart mall cops if they all had ambitions of joining the Waffen-SS"
-Anonmare

"These logs could kill a dragon much less a man"
-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
WHAT MADNESS IS THIS? POETIC ANARCHY!"
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

"There's a difference between fucking faggots and being a fucking faggot."
-Anonmare

"You guys splitting the 20 bucks cost to hire your ex again?"
-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

"I prefer my coffees to run dry too *snorts a line of maxwell house*"
-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

">Paying over a $1000 for a lump of silicon and plastic
Lol"
-Anonmare

"Then why did you get that boob job?"
-DrPillzRedux

"You take that back you colonial mongrel"
-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #407374

The entire point of the second amendment is to protect against a government that would take the second amendment rights away.
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #407461

CosmicScientist wrote:Same to you with guns. I'd probably be jumping ship if I knew I had the job to collect up firearms in Murica, either for what wouldn't be picked up and me later blamed for or for the public response.
Guns are pretty easy to make with the right know-how but knives are literally impossible to ban. They're as low tech as low tech can be, they're one step above hitting someone with a rock (hitting them with a sharp rock). I have no idea how you clowns think that it would ever work.
Spoiler:
"Clowns are different you can't trust those shifty fucks you never know what they're doing or if they're willing to eat a dayban for some cheap yuks."
-Not-Dorsidarf

"The amount of people is the amount of times the sound is played... on top of itself. And with sybil populations on the shuttle..."
-Remie Richards

"I just spent all fucking day playing fallen london and sunless sea and obsessing over how creepy the fucking dawn machine is and only just clocked now that your avatar is the fucking dawn machine. Nobody vote for this disgusting new sequence blasphemer he wants to kill the gods"
-Stickymayhem

"Drank a cocktail of orange Gatorade and mint mouthwash on accident. Pretty sure I'm going to die, I am on the verge of vomit. It was nice knowing you guys"
-PKPenguin321

"You're too late, you will have to fetch them from the top of my tower, built by zombies, slaves, zombie slaves and garitho's will to live!"
-Armhulen

"This is like being cooked alive in a microwave oven which utilises the autistic end of the light spectrum to cook you."
-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

"We didn't kick one goofball out only to have another one come in like a fucking revolving door"
-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

"Wew. Congrats. It's been actual years since anyone tried to make fun of me for being divorced. You caught me, I'm tilted. Here is your trophy."
-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

"You don't have an evil bone in your body, unless togopal comes for a sleepover"
-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

"I don't care whether or not someone with an IQ 3 standard deviations below my own thinks they enjoy Wizard rounds."
-Malkraz
Takeguru
Byond Username: TakeGuru

Post by Takeguru » #407487

Yeah, knife bans are ridiculously easy to work around and would ultimately only fuck over people who actually need them for work

Unless you're going to apply exceptions and oh no suddenly your law fell apart
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #407541

I find it interesting that Americans seem to think that battle to the death with weapons is something just around the corner everyday.

I have never been in a situation where a weapon would have improved my situation in any way.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407548

[youtube]VYOjWnS4cMY[/youtube]

i wanna know your opinions on this contemporary art
crack is whack but smacks got your back
lntigracy
Confined to the shed
Byond Username: Intigracy

Post by lntigracy » #407569

Rustledjimm wrote:I find it interesting that Americans seem to think that battle to the death with weapons is something just around the corner everyday.

I have never been in a situation where a weapon would have improved my situation in any way.
I've been mugged by basketball Americans and would have avoided a trip to the hospital had I had my firearm or taser at that point
in advance of my eventual forum ban, I just wanted to say
you are mom is gay
Super Aggro Crag
In Game PermaBanned
Byond Username: Super Aggro Crag

Post by Super Aggro Crag » #407585

I dont understand people like "youre not going to be have a battle to the death every day why u so paranoid gun owners lol" then go "DUDE NO ONE CAN HAVE A GUN OR EVERYONE WILL GET SHOT EVERY DAY"

Which one is true
FantasticFwoosh

Post by FantasticFwoosh » #407587

When statements are loosely thrown out like that there's little credibility that either is accurate. Its only up to you to determine and see the truth for what it is but i don't live close enough to the USA to be able to make a assessment.

Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #407592

Rustledjimm wrote:I find it interesting that Americans seem to think that battle to the death with weapons is something just around the corner everyday.

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
ColonicAcid
Byond Username: ColonicAcid

Post by ColonicAcid » #407598

Thats also the reasoning people from the hood use for why they have guns even if theyre on parole.

Best to be caught with it than without it.
crack is whack but smacks got your back
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #407606

Super Aggro Crag wrote:I dont understand people like "youre not going to be have a battle to the death every day why u so paranoid gun owners lol" then go "DUDE NO ONE CAN HAVE A GUN OR EVERYONE WILL GET SHOT EVERY DAY"

Which one is true
Except I never said the latter did I? I don't think everyone will get shot if we guns were easily available.

Just roughly 4x the current number of people would get shot and children getting shot up in their schools would become a regular news coverage.

I mean we haven't had a school shooting in over two decades now.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #407620

CosmicScientist wrote:Knives aren't one step up from hitting someone with a rock or even a sharp rock. Try telling that to the Aztecs. They're also not low tech unless you think stainless steel is something you'll make perfectly fine in your back garden or do you work kilns the same as you strike flint until you get a sharp but fragile and irregular edge?
You don't need stainless steel to make a knife big guy. You can sharpen a piece of garbage scrap metal into a knife using just basic equipment and knowledge. Or anything else for that matter, a shank can be made out of any sharp material that can hold its shape long enough to stab someone at least once.

[youtube]MNpBlZglQFE[/youtube]
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #407621

If you can only stab once that isn't as bad as being able to shoot a classroom full of people.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #407624

Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #407626

CosmicScientist wrote:Oh dear, better not outlaw knives guys, someone might go to a scrap dealer for a scrap of building material then buy a metal brush, some heat proof working gloves, a welder, a grinder, a vice, spend a while with a file, then a hand saw designed for metal, then a lot more filing, then a professional metal sander of sorts followed by whatever that fire laden dipping is... oh and let's not forget the time spent on the handle. Bravo, you've made it impossible to enforce any law with that logic.

I feel you're putting gang members on too high a pedestal if you think the people who'll stab a man on the regular are the same as the people who have the money let alone the skills to do metal and wood working.

Rustledjimm wrote:If you can only stab once that isn't as bad as being able to shoot a classroom full of people.
Sorry it's their tradition and stopping it would be culturally insensitive.
Criminals already make homemade machetes from sheet metal and an angle grinder
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #407668

CosmicScientist wrote:Oh dear, better not outlaw knives guys, someone might go to a scrap dealer for a scrap of building material then buy a metal brush, some heat proof working gloves, a welder, a grinder, a vice, spend a while with a file, then a hand saw designed for metal, then a lot more filing, then a professional metal sander of sorts followed by whatever that fire laden dipping is... oh and let's not forget the time spent on the handle. Bravo, you've made it impossible to enforce any law with that logic.

I feel you're putting gang members on too high a pedestal if you think the people who'll stab a man on the regular are the same as the people who have the money let alone the skills to do metal and wood working.
You're arguing in favor of trying to regulate something that people in fucking PRISONS find ways to make. You don't need to go anywhere near the lengths that dude in the video went, all you need is a sharp edge/point and a decent grip like a sock and bam you have a weapon that can kill several people. Are you REALLY prepared to give up all the personal liberties it would take in order for the UK to try and regulate something as tightly as a prison?
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #407670

>make point about number of shooting deaths is far higher and a clearly endemic issue of the u.s
>LOL BUT U BAN KNIVES

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
ShadowDimentio

Post by ShadowDimentio » #407672

The number of shooting deaths is overwhelmingly from suicides and inner city gangsters killing other gangsters. Mass shootings make up an entirely insignificant amount of total shooting deaths, the only reason people talk about them is because the media fucking won't shut up about them and it's an excellent talking point for anti-gun campaigners.
Spoiler:
-Not-Dorsidarf

-Remie Richards

-Stickymayhem

-PKPenguin321

-Armhulen

-DarkFNC

-Anonmare

-Anonmare

-Armhulenn

">7 8 6
-Wyzack

-Kraseo

-Anonmare

-lntigracy

-Timbrewolf

-Super Aggro Crag

-Bluespace

Lol"
-Anonmare

-DrPillzRedux

-Docprofsmith

-Malkraz
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #407677

Malkevin wrote:Apparently you're more likely to survive a gun shot than a stab wound.

"high power rifle" is a buzzword phrase. A bullet that travels quickly generally also travels cleanly. That means you're more likely to survive it than a stab wound that enters and exits in reverse of where it entered. The severity of a gunshot wound doesn't come from the "power" of the gun but from the spread and size of the projectile. A round that fragments or mushrooms before it exits the body is more likely to cause severe and terminal damage than a very fast projectile that enters and leaves mostly intact in its form while passing. This doesn't account for bone impacts and such, but its a solid baseline. A 45 cal I can legally purchase and carry will do more damage than most of the spooky rifles the media loses their shit over and so would the 30-06 I shot in my youth.