Do plasma fires just not happen anymore?

General SS13 Chat
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Do plasma fires just not happen anymore?

Post by Saegrimr » #405126

I've only played a handful of rounds over the last week and the only fire i've seen involved an emagged holodeck and that quickly burnt itself out into uselessness.

Is it just a turn of tides in antag styles or did fires get a big nerf sometime in the last few months?
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Re: Do plasma fires just not happen anymore?

Post by captain sawrge » #405129

They still do I've started plasma fires several times in the last month
Dr. Chef
Byond Username: DrChef

Post by Dr. Chef » #405139

If you don't see them happen often, be the change and make plasma fires when you roll a antag. Burn the whole station down. Come join the syndicate BBQ. Roasted crew so tender that they're falling off the bone.
cinder1992
Byond Username: Cinder1992

Post by cinder1992 » #405141

There was actually a stealth-nerf to plasma fires, turns out there was a code error causing them to burn MUUUUUUCH hotter than they should.

Now the math is right, and they burn less hot and are slightly harder to get going, just flooding a plasma tank no longer guarantees an area to be uninhabitable for the rest of the round.
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #405142

I postulated long time ago for total rework of how fire works.

-make fires spread slower
-make them more intense
-make them burn and ignite walls
-make more items flammable to a degree
-make fires not solely plasma-based

I want to be atmos firefighter again.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #405143

Lumbermancer wrote:I postulated long time ago for total rework of how fire works.

-make them more intense

I think the obvious solution is to make atmos boys get a book that allows them to carry unconscious/dead people on their back. not the kev fetish hold, I mean as a backpack slot to save people

BUT ALSO THAT IS GOOD!
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #405158

Dr. Chef wrote:If you don't see them happen often, be the change and make plasma fires when you roll a antag. Burn the whole station down. Come join the syndicate BBQ. Roasted crew so tender that they're falling off the bone.
username too appropriate/10
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Post by OhChildflayer » #405174

I've been doing other gimmicks instead.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #405229

Armhulen wrote:
Lumbermancer wrote:I postulated long time ago for total rework of how fire works.

-make them more intense

I think the obvious solution is to make atmos boys get a book that allows them to carry unconscious/dead people on their back. not the kev fetish hold, I mean as a backpack slot to save people

BUT ALSO THAT IS GOOD!
Fireman's carry isnt on their back, it is carrying a person by holding their shoulders and knees to keep the back straight, if I remember correctly.

But yeah, more firefighting for atmos techs, it is my favorite part of that job.
Luke Cox
Byond Username: NocturnalQuill

Post by Luke Cox » #405278

Watch me as traitor CE. You haven't seen shit, son
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #405296

I need to play atmos tech again so I can outboast you.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #406708

Fire needs to cause backblasts at airlocks. If a room is super hot and the poor asshole on the other side opens it without knowing (or with knowledge) the fire leaps through the doorway and launches them across the room.
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #406733

cedarbridge wrote:Fire needs to cause backblasts at airlocks. If a room is super hot and the poor asshole on the other side opens it without knowing (or with knowledge) the fire leaps through the doorway and launches them across the room.
Already kind of does that with the air pressure, and because gas gets stuck in firelocks there is often a pocket of unburned plasma in them, leading to a sizeable fireball when they are opened.

I still want other ways to have fires. like welder tanks causing a AOE fire instead of just exploding.

non-atmos related fireturfs would be handy to have.
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #406735

I just want to puncture a welding tank to make i leave a trails and puddles of welding fuel wherever it is that I can use as a makeshift fuse
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #407113

the station burned down a couple rounds ago, i think they still happen
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #407118

CosmicScientist wrote:It always bugged me that airlocks capture air inside the door.
Probably to keep people from temporarily suffocating every time a door opens and there's now a vacuum tile there.
Single direction doors like old firelocks would have fixed it but I guess there's a reason there was a big push to get away from directional windows/firelocks even though they still exist all over the place.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #407449

honestly plasma fires are my favorite station-ender.

Singularity? Oh, we actually got rid of that.

Bomb? Yeah wow the library is a hole oh no call the shuttle. Really lame how there's no way to repair the damage in a expedient way, although that would kinda ruin the game some...

Nar-Sie? Its just a bigger singularity.

Nah, if I am a tatortot and I just want to cause as much chaos as I can (because I also rolled clown and cant use guns?) them my favorite method is to try and get it to randomly spray in a room from atmos, then bumrush science with an airtank, get an emag, open the plasma canisters and let it plasma all over the floor and on the station too. Being gassed in the plasma makes me hotter then ever, so then throw a welder or something.

If fires were seriously nerfed, then I'm crying a bit.
Dr. Chef
Byond Username: DrChef

Post by Dr. Chef » #407453

I see plasma fires a lot, but my favorite way to kill the station was the singularity beacon, but no one uses the singularity engine anymore.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #407463

Dr. Chef wrote:I see plasma fires a lot, but my favorite way to kill the station was the singularity beacon, but no one uses the singularity engine anymore.
The singularity engine is kindof... well, gone....
EvilJackCarver
Byond Username: EvilJackCarver
Github Username: EvilJackCarver

Post by EvilJackCarver » #407571

The Clowns Pocket wrote:
Dr. Chef wrote:I see plasma fires a lot, but my favorite way to kill the station was the singularity beacon, but no one uses the singularity engine anymore.
It can be ordered, but the rounds ain't quite long enough for it to do much good. I and the CE one shift ordered a Tesla and had JUST got it set up and ready to kick off when the stubbed-my-toe shuttle arrived.

I was a traitor engie too...
R. Andreas Spitzer or SpitzOS (or a random-named human) ingame. Usually somewhere in engineering, or pAI.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #407589

EvilJackCarver wrote:
The Clowns Pocket wrote:
It can be ordered, but the rounds ain't quite long enough for it to do much good. I and the CE one shift ordered a Tesla and had JUST got it set up and ready to kick off when the stubbed-my-toe shuttle arrived.

I was a traitor engie too...
If you're a traitor engi, you can do a tesla delam
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #407594

game modes also have a lot to do with it I think, one of the main sources of plasma fires (malf) was removed and there's been a proliferation of conversion modes where fires have a good chance of fucking your team over
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #407653

The Clowns Pocket wrote: Bomb? Yeah wow the library is a hole oh no call the shuttle. Really lame how there's no way to repair the damage in a expedient way, although that would kinda ruin the game some...
Smart foam grenades say hello. bombs can be sealed with a few of them, leaving just some busywork cleaning the area up and stabilizing it.

Ways to fix the station are good. Plasma fires have atmos resin, breaches have smart foam and RCDs, only thing that doesnt really have a dedicated counter is BoH bombing.
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #407731

Dr_bee wrote:
The Clowns Pocket wrote: Bomb? Yeah wow the library is a hole oh no call the shuttle. Really lame how there's no way to repair the damage in a expedient way, although that would kinda ruin the game some...
Smart foam grenades say hello. bombs can be sealed with a few of them, leaving just some busywork cleaning the area up and stabilizing it.

Ways to fix the station are good. Plasma fires have atmos resin, breaches have smart foam and RCDs, only thing that doesnt really have a dedicated counter is BoH bombing.
Yes it does, tossing more BoHs into a singulo reduces its size
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #407784

somerandomguy wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:

Yes it does, tossing more BoHs into a singulo reduces its size
so it takes 6-7 BOHs to remove a typical BoH bomb, whoop de doo, what a useable counter. No way the singulo will grow again in the time it takes you to run back to get 3 more fucking bags.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #407827

>what is teamwork

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
OhChildflayer
Byond Username: OhChildflayer

Post by OhChildflayer » #407974

Yeah, that used to be my go-to station killer. I believe that was part of why most of the stations use the SM now. Me and a handful of other players would do the beacon thing every time we got antag.
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #407993

I thought the reason most stations use the SM is because most engineers were idiots incapable of setting shit up without ending the round.

Now they're idiots incapable of setting shit up without making everyone trip balls.

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #407996

DemonFiren wrote:I thought the reason most stations use the SM is because most engineers were idiots incapable of setting shit up without ending the round.

Now they're idiots incapable of setting shit up without making everyone trip balls.
It was also as stupidly easy to sabotage as it was stupidly easy to permanently fuck up as all you had to do was snip 2 wires to turn the emitters off, releasing the singulo.

Now you at least have to know what you are doing to delam the SM into anything seriously dangerous, and engineering can fix it if they are competent (which is rare).
DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #407998

what, instant delams are really all gone?

non-lizard things:
Spoiler: