Autocloner

For feedback on the game code and design. Feedback on server rules and playstyle belong in Policy Discussion.
CPTANT
Byond Username: CPTANT

Autocloner

Post by CPTANT » #409271

Let's discuss if the autocloner should stay as it is now.

It seems to me that it's almost entirely used to just negate the consequences of things like suicide bombing or BoH bombing. I don't think removing the consequences of such actions leads to a more fun game.
Timberpoes wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:21 pm The rules exist to create the biggest possible chance of a cool shift of SS13. They don't exist to allow admins to create the most boring interpretation of SS13.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Re: Autocloner

Post by Bombadil » #409273

CPTANT wrote:Let's discuss if the autocloner should stay as it is now.

It seems to me that it's almost entirely used to just negate the consequences of things like suicide bombing or BoH bombing. I don't think removing the consequences of such actions leads to a more fun game.
BoH bombing has already been discussed and instead now it will make a pit to a random z-level. That's the plan as far as i heard. Goof is making codersprites
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #409283

I suggest having all cloners be on the same network, so you can see the location of all cloners from any cloner console, and delete any clone record from any console. This would counter maint cloners by people paying attention, as well as open up new sabotage options by using secondary consoles to delete clone records remotely.
Bombadil
Byond Username: Kromgar

Post by Bombadil » #409312

Dr_bee wrote:I suggest having all cloners be on the same network, so you can see the location of all cloners from any cloner console, and delete any clone record from any console. This would counter maint cloners by people paying attention, as well as open up new sabotage options by using secondary consoles to delete clone records remotely.
Things get really weird when golems scan themselves and start spawning on station
Planet Station Best Station

Vote Planetstation and Kor Phaeron 2017
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #409347

Bombadil wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:I suggest having all cloners be on the same network, so you can see the location of all cloners from any cloner console, and delete any clone record from any console. This would counter maint cloners by people paying attention, as well as open up new sabotage options by using secondary consoles to delete clone records remotely.
Things get really weird when golems scan themselves and start spawning on station
Well it would still pop you out of the tube linked to the scanner you went into, if I recall how stuff is linked. You can only link tubes and scanners together if they are in the same APC zone, so that wouldn't happen, unless someone manually resurrected the golem on station.

Being scanned into multiple autocloners only activates one of them if you die anyway.

I dont know how the code fully works, perhaps I should study up on it. Wouldn't know the first thing about making the change but might be able to make better suggestions.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #409436

Bombadil wrote:
CPTANT wrote:Let's discuss if the autocloner should stay as it is now.

BoH bombing has already been discussed and instead now it will make a pit to a random z-level. That's the plan as far as i heard. Goof is making codersprites
The problem is autocloning, not boh bombing. We had boh bombing for years and it wasn't an issue until someone started doing multiple bombings every single round day after day using autocloning. You nerf boh and they will use something else, always abusing autocloning.

Autocloning is just bad design for a game based on paranoia, yes there are a lot of things that cheapens paranoia already but autocloning is the ultimate way out of anything remotely dangerous, it almost feels like cheating. It only makes sense for miners who can actually die with their body removed in ways that may feel unfair, but you can already circumvent this without autocloning, e.g. by scanning yourself beforehand and using a health sensor to send a signal to a friend so they will know when you're dead and can go press the clone button.
Mark9013100
Byond Username: Mark9013100

Post by Mark9013100 » #409485

Make BOHbombing hellbound you, problem solved.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #409596

Replace the Autocloner with an Autoclowner which makes peoples OOC soul into a clown