Post by Denton » #393042

Bottom post of the previous page:

Nvm we have a freeze now.
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Re: Delta Station

Post by Doctor Pork » #409172

can i bump this? im bumping this
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Okand37
Byond Username: Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #409456

Doctor Pork wrote:can i bump this? im bumping this
You ever put a dog down, Jim? A three legged puppy is not a happy puppy.
Are you being the neighbour Mr. Rogers would've wanted you to be?
Mark9013100
Byond Username: Mark9013100

Post by Mark9013100 » #409645

So why do Bagil and Terry have Delta in rotation but not Sybil?
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #409776

Mark9013100 wrote:So why do Bagil and Terry have Delta in rotation but not Sybil?
Configs are scheduled to be unified around early 2060
Doctor Pork
Byond Username: Doctor_Pork

Post by Doctor Pork » #409870

Denton wrote:
Mark9013100 wrote:So why do Bagil and Terry have Delta in rotation but not Sybil?
Configs are scheduled to be unified around early 2060
Sybil Snakes rule.
oranges wrote:pork, the nondescript, commoner king, literally so stealth you could just your normal name in OOC and nobody would know, long may he reign as the secret commander
Deitus wrote:If your signature is scrollable it's too long and fucking obnoxious and you should feel bad
Link to my feedback thread. Go there.
PKPenguin321 wrote:I've been had by yet another tg boondoggle
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #410859

Is one of the lockers in the maint kitchen supposed to be ID locked? Makes the whole place unusable since you don't even get flour to work with

Everything else in maint is free access so this seems like an oversight
Attachments
download.png
download.png (74.1 KiB) Viewed 13128 times
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
Mark9013100

Post by Mark9013100 » #410862

Once I get my fork up to date, I'll fix that when I get the chance.

Edit: PR to fix it is up.
mysteryman sideburns
Byond Username: Sideburns

Post by mysteryman sideburns » #419727

this is probably the worst map in the rotation
Farquaar
Byond Username: Farquaar

Post by Farquaar » #419769

mysteryman sideburns wrote:this is probably the worst map in the rotation
Worse than Omega?
► Show Spoiler
mysteryman sideburns

Post by mysteryman sideburns » #419798

Farquaar wrote:
Worse than Omega?
yeah
Mark9013100

Post by Mark9013100 » #419845

As to why? Saying 'it's bad' doesn't mean anything without saying why.
mysteryman sideburns

Post by mysteryman sideburns » #419930

maintenance is too big and stupid and theres no reason for there to be a million fucking assistant medbays everywhere and also research is a goddamn shitshow
Mark9013100

Post by Mark9013100 » #420120

mysteryman sideburns wrote:maintenance is too big and stupid and theres no reason for there to be a million fucking assistant medbays everywhere and also research is a goddamn shitshow
Maintenace is big because the station is big, and there's only a handful of medkits outside medbay. Though I agree science could stand from having a remap.
angelstarri
Byond Username: Angelstarri

Post by angelstarri » #435382

Necro. Needs to be updated to include a nanite lab.

Code: Select all

I strongly suspected the borgs were one humaned by the Captain because of their increasingly strange behavior throughout the round after the Captain had entered their upload and seemingly changed the laws. I had asked twice if I could blow the borgs to no response (because there was no admin online apparently). They were constantly complimenting the Captain and calling her pretty and essentially threatening people who called the Captain ugly - Pepper Oni.
Denton

Post by Denton » #435744

angelstarri wrote:Necro. Needs to be updated to include a nanite lab.
I'll get around to it on the weekend or so. Looks like it's best to cut the EXPERIMENTOR lab in half and use the space for a nanite lab.
confused rock
Byond Username: The unloved rock

Post by confused rock » #441799

Does this map really need to have double extended capacity emergency oxygen tanks in the arrivals shuttle and gateway? not even EMERGENCY RESPONSE PARTIES get those.
Mark9013100

Post by Mark9013100 » #442830

confused rock wrote:Does this map really need to have double extended capacity emergency oxygen tanks in the arrivals shuttle and gateway? not even EMERGENCY RESPONSE PARTIES get those.
IIRC, it's the same emergency crate that the mining shuttles have.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #442844

Pretty sure that emergency crate is only on the Delta mining shuttle. Something something powercreep
Mark9013100

Post by Mark9013100 » #444106

The Deltastation entry for the Guide to the Supermatter needs updating, engine room layout has been different for quite a while.
Recurracy
Byond Username: Recurracy

Post by Recurracy » #489192

Delta doesn't seem to have pill bottle boxes in chemistry.
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #489961

Although my main focus has been on a different mapping project, I'd like to take some time to address Delta Station in its current state and what's planned. After the aforementioned project, I'll be shifting attention towards Delta Station to work on a large batch of updates including some structural and aesthetic changes. Some of the proposed ideas by department are as follows:

Command:
Moving the AI upload back onto the station in order to ensure it's more accessible and usable by players.
Reallocating telecomms from the center of the brig to somewhere else on station to ensure it's more of a reasonable candidate for sabotage without reducing the accessibility of it to ensure it can be given repairs when needed.

Engineering:
Configuring the added tech room and power tools area to more seamlessly integrate them into the engineering department.
Replacing the current defunct engine with a second supermatter for engineering to work on. When delta was introduced, the supermatter wasn't our primary engine, so when the supermatter took over it left a jarring imbalance in the engineering department. The atmospherics supermatter will either be kept or reconfigured into a TEG, depending on how everything goes.

Medical:
Adjusting the bottom right portion of medical and reducing some of the dead space added on by the unnecessary surgical observation room and patient rooms.
Reallocating/removing the maintenance room connecting medical to the morgue and making the morgue easier to find for medical players (and new players especially). I might look into re-angling departures and connecting the chapel across from medical so the morgue is shared between the two.
Possibly adding one-to-two more sleepers and cryotubes to the existing areas to compensate for the increased player count.

Science:
Updating the layout and rearranging some of the additional labs such as the nanite lab and experimentor lab, bringing them more into the department and reducing some of the dead space.
Might look into swapping the position of the mech bay and robotics, or making the mech bay slightly smaller so robotics is more visible and accessible to players.

Cargo:
I may reduce the size of the cargo bay, or at least turn the office inside of the bay into its own room so it doesn't feel as glaringly empty as it does now.

Security:
Add additional cells plus a properly sized holding cell into security. Although part of delta's design was to ease into a shift towards departmental security posts, this has left the actual brig itself mostly unable to deal with the high demand of players (and dirty criminals) as a result.

Other than all of this, with the introduction of the turf_decal system I'd like to clean up some of the more jarring graphics and make the station a bit prettier. There might be a few other bits and bobbles to edit and re-arrange here and there, but I'm not certain yet. I'd love to hear your thoughts on the above and welcome any additional suggestions, ideas, or concerns.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #489988

Is telecomms really that challenging to sabotage?

While it is in the middle of the station, it's a relatively low traffic area that people pretty much only ever use to access the stuff that is directly there or as an occasional shortcut. It's not exactly visible from the bridge either, in my experience people don't really look at tcomms.

The best other station tcomms to compare it to would be Boxstation. Is it *really* that much harder than box to sabotage? Because I feel like people navigate the engineering/atmos entrance significantly more than they navigate the central hallwayh of Delta.
Vile Beggar
Byond Username: Vile Beggar

Post by Vile Beggar » #490029

subject217 wrote: The best other station tcomms to compare it to would be Boxstation. Is it *really* that much harder than box to sabotage? Because I feel like people navigate the engineering/atmos entrance significantly more than they navigate the central hallwayh of Delta.
the thing is, box's tcomms is right next to maintenence as well, you don't have to go through the hallways to go into tcomms, you can just break down a rwall in maint to get in.
compare that to delta, where there's no maint to hide in while you're breaking into comms.
Spoiler:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage ImageImage
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #490357

Okand niggas be like:
"Sure I'll add a bottle of fucking bacchus' blessing, the most potent alcohol in the game, very difficult to make, and just slap it in the dorms and call it 'delta down' as a joke because metacide added a bottle of regular beer called 'meta-cider' to metastation. That's very balanced, I'm not enforcing powercreep so players eventually complain about any map that doesn't come with two free space cleaners in the brig medical ward."
Okand37

Post by Okand37 » #490358

confused rock wrote:Okand niggas be like:
"Sure I'll add a bottle of fucking bacchus' blessing, the most potent alcohol in the game, very difficult to make, and just slap it in the dorms and call it 'delta down' as a joke because metacide added a bottle of regular beer called 'meta-cider' to metastation. That's very balanced, I'm not enforcing powercreep so players eventually complain about any map that doesn't come with two free space cleaners in the brig medical ward."
lol
Denton

Post by Denton » #490473

subject217 wrote:The best other station tcomms to compare it to would be Boxstation. Is it *really* that much harder than box to sabotage? Because I feel like people navigate the engineering/atmos entrance significantly more than they navigate the central hallwayh of Delta.
Yeah. With Box tcomms, you just CLF3/thermite/deconstruct one wall and can take the whole thing apart. Delta tcomms has space, motion-sensitive cameras, Pingsky, turrets, the whole thing.
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #490479

Denton wrote:
subject217 wrote:The best other station tcomms to compare it to would be Boxstation. Is it *really* that much harder than box to sabotage? Because I feel like people navigate the engineering/atmos entrance significantly more than they navigate the central hallwayh of Delta.
Yeah. With Box tcomms, you just CLF3/thermite/deconstruct one wall and can take the whole thing apart. Delta tcomms has space, motion-sensitive cameras, Pingsky, turrets, the whole thing.
you're mixing up delta station with meta station, meta has it on the ai sat and delta has it in the middle of the station. I dont think any of the cameras on delta tcomms are motion sensitive either.
confused rock

Post by confused rock » #490488

Box tcomms is good because on other maps antags have basically no reason to sabotage it since it’s so out of the way, unless they’re already tearing shit up. On box tcomms in comparison traitors can jack the APC to disble comms with a signaller, without the ai necessarily yeeting. Not like tcomms is unfixable. Shit, I found something I like about delta.
Denton

Post by Denton » #490514

Karp wrote:
Denton wrote:
you're mixing up delta station with meta station, meta has it on the ai sat and delta has it in the middle of the station. I dont think any of the cameras on delta tcomms are motion sensitive either.
Man, I can't read today. I'm more of a fan of Box style tcomms, since the only way non-Box ones ever get sabotaged is if someone just bombs the whole area.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #490649

the thing is with delta tcomms if you can get past 3 airlocks you can sabotage tcomms. it's especially easy if you're an engineer, who can just waltz in with access.

if I had to guess, I would say okand wants to put the AI upload where tcomms is right now, which is basically what PubbyStation does, and what Omega did IIRC. This is okay, but otherwise I think tcomms is balanced excellently on Delta.
Helios
Byond Username: Shodansbreak

Post by Helios » #560181

Please give miners some cargo bay access.
Please.