You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?

onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?

Post by onleavedontatme » #411037

CitrusGender wrote:
Fatal wrote:Perhaps as an improvement, this could be changed to "You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?" or something along those lines, meaning you can't pull out a weapon and hit someone into crit for it when they punch you once? Seems like it might be an improvement to me, as many real world self defence laws are of similar wording I believe
I should add this though, this has been a problem for awhile.

Forgive me for making yet another policy thread but

How am I supposed to figure out, as a player, what the intent of the other player is, and what the admin online thinks the intent of the other player is, and what the other player and what the admin (of which we have ~40, and new ones weekly) consider "reasonable equivalent" all within half a second of being attacked by another player?

Is it reasonable equivalent or intent to kill a player when they trash my workplace?

To kill a player when they push me down and space my backpack unprovoked?

When they chase me into maint and hit me with a circular saw?

If an assistant randomly starts punching me and I beat them to death am I in trouble now?

Can a player acting in good faith possibly know their options in responding to these situations and ten thousand more all in real time if you add a vague clause like that to the rules?
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?

Post by D&B » #411038

It all comes down to whether the admin that handles your situation wants to see you shitcanned or not.
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
onleavedontatme

Re: You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?

Post by onleavedontatme » #411039

Furthermore is there any actual value to splitting hairs over "reasonable equivalent intent" and providing an OOC safety net when an assistant randomly attacks you or smashes up your workplace? If they don't like being dead they shouldn't go around provoking fights.

"Will I get banned protecting myself" is not the kind of paranoia we should have running through the playerbase
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #411042

I'm not a fan of the idea of people "deserving" to live and play in the round, in other words, everyone has an entitlement to stay in the round. If you start attacking people unprovoked, trashing workplaces, etc, I think you lose that entitlement as you have shown your only intention is to make others angry.

Basically reasonable equivalent is dumb. It should be "start shit get hit" instead.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #411044

BeeSting12 wrote:I'm not a fan of the idea of people "deserving" to live and play in the round, in other words, everyone has an entitlement to stay in the round. If you start attacking people unprovoked, trashing workplaces, etc, I think you lose that entitlement as you have shown your only intention is to make others angry.

Basically reasonable equivalent is dumb. It should be "start shit get hit" instead.
I think it isn't as clear cut as you describe but I agree people who are obviously only there to make things unfun for others should be spaced with extreme prejudice
Limey wrote:its too late.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #411048

I thought we removed reasonable equivalent retaliation clause with nuEscalation

Also does this technically count as a second policy thread spawned by my actions or is this just a offshoot of my first.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #411052

Citrus mentioned readding the line so this is an offshoot

It'd be particularly depressing if "you can only respond with equivalent reasonable force" was added because someone tried four separate times to vigilante murder people over moving their own department gear and died for it.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #411067

Citrusgender wrote:
Fatal wrote: Perhaps as an improvement, this could be changed to "You are allowed to respond with reasonable equivalent retaliation or intent?" or something along those lines, meaning you can't pull out a weapon and hit someone into crit for it when they punch you once? Seems like it might be an improvement to me, as many real world self defence laws are of similar wording I believe
I should add this though, this has been a problem for awhile.
To respond to the thing that spawned this thread then, no, don't add (or re-add) this line. Intent in our shitty atmos simulator is incredibly difficult to perceive, from the guy who shoves you and drags you into maint (Murder or just a prank?) to the guy who shoots you with a syringe (deathchem or virus cure?) and this just leads to long ahelp chains with both sides trying to retroactively justify their actions.

It was a key improvement that nuEscalation made, since it was now clear cut: start shit, get hit.

Sure we'll occasionally end up with edge cases where this rule seems to do more harm then good but this wasn't such a case and it would be stupid to half-ass our escalation rules because of one poorly conceived complaint about being murdered by a traitor.

Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #411081

Arianya wrote: It was a key improvement that nuEscalation made, since it was now clear cut: start shit, get hit.
Problem I have been running into has been the old kill-baiting problem returned, someone starts shit and then dunk you when you fighting back or try to defend another person and admin helping just gives you a flat "IC issue" because you threw a punch.

If escalation was judged by some sort of in character roleplay standards it might be easier to enforce.

Problem of de-escalation is still an issue as well, there is no reason to not murder the dude if he is allowed to kill you for punching him.
Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #411084

Dr_bee wrote:
Arianya wrote: It was a key improvement that nuEscalation made, since it was now clear cut: start shit, get hit.
Problem I have been running into has been the old kill-baiting problem returned, someone starts shit and then dunk you when you fighting back or try to defend another person and admin helping just gives you a flat "IC issue" because you threw a punch.

If escalation was judged by some sort of in character roleplay standards it might be easier to enforce.

Problem of de-escalation is still an issue as well, there is no reason to not murder the dude if he is allowed to kill you for punching him.
If someone starts shit with you and ends up killing you (even if you retaliate!) then they should be trying to revive you, per the escalation policy. If they're not it's an ahelp situation.

And if you're worried about kill-baiting, call security or use non-lethal means (push/shoving). Using "in character roleplay standards" isn't any easier to enforce because it ends up at the old bugbear of identifying intent in our game where a toolbox is a deadly murder weapon that can kill you dead within a few seconds with some good hits.

Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #411086

Gives me an idea, a "de-escalation" point that the character sets in character set up, a question of how ruthless the person is. low levels can mean no harm at all, to critting, to cloning, to no mercy.

That is as far as the character can go against other people and as far as other people can go against them before the escalation is "solved"

info would be listed in security and medical records in an in character way.

person who started shit wouldnt be protected but the person who responds would be protected up to the point of their de-escalation point, going beyond it would mean they are subject to admin reprimand for shittily role-playing and the conflict protection switches to the instigator. So if you want to start and end shit with violence, you dont get any protection, if you show mercy you do get some protection, but you lose it if you roleplay poorly and murder the dude.

It is a shitty, clunky system but it is at least somewhat clearcut and consistant as opposed to Liberarian NAP murderfest that is entirely based on the whims of individual admins that we have now.
Arianya wrote:
If someone starts shit with you and ends up killing you (even if you retaliate!) then they should be trying to revive you, per the escalation policy. If they're not it's an ahelp situation.

And if you're worried about kill-baiting, call security or use non-lethal means (push/shoving). Using "in character roleplay standards" isn't any easier to enforce because it ends up at the old bugbear of identifying intent in our game where a toolbox is a deadly murder weapon that can kill you dead within a few seconds with some good hits.
If that is the case then escalation is just shittily enforced.
Shit probably should stop at the crit stage and not the death/cloning stage. There is a 100 hp buffer between neutralized and dead that needs to be considered by admins, and soft crit makes that level a bit more obvious. you dont "oops I accidentally the whole murder" someone with a toolbox, it takes actual intent to hit them the extra 6-7 times needed to instakill.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #411088

How are even admins going to figure out a players intent besides asking them let alone players

>random greyshirt attacks me with a toolbox
>have to ask "Are you gonna kill me, crit me, or just hit me in the head a few times" to determine their intent so I can respond
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Arianya
In-Game Game Master

Post by Arianya » #411090

If you believe someone's handling of a ticket was improper to the rules, you should contact the headmins or open an admin complaint.

We can't fix rules being enforced improperly by adding more rules that will still not be enforced properly, and especially not with an awkward, clunky system that tries to blend RP with rapid paced combat.

imblyings
Byond Username: Ausops

Post by imblyings » #411101

Kor wrote:How am I supposed to figure out, as a player, what the intent of the other player is, and what the admin online thinks the intent of the other player is, and what the other player and what the admin (of which we have ~40, and new ones weekly) consider "reasonable equivalent" all within half a second of being attacked by another player
are they meant to do all that though

the first thing I think most players who aren't burned out decade old policy thread makers is probably to fight back first, it's a question of what they do later and whether they get outrobusted or not that admins start to get involved in, granted that might not be any less stressful but still

>Is it reasonable equivalent or intent to kill a player when they trash my workplace?
admins/most players should know already its ok to dunk invaders

>To kill a player when they push me down and space my backpack unprovoked?
any good admin is gonna ask what is in the bag etc and any good player shouldn't be confused about whether they can kill someone or not over an empty bag + internals box

>When they chase me into maint and hit me with a circular saw?
pretty obvious

>If an assistant randomly starts punching me and I beat them to death am I in trouble now?
deja vu, admins shouldn't be punishing them unless it was one punch and they gibbed and ate the assistant in return and even then, the admin should be asking a lot about the context

>and what the admin online thinks the intent of the other player is,
I think an important concept admins need to consider is the art of shouldering things on behalf of players, misunderstandings and misinformation happens, if all admins are different, then all admins need to give some leeway to players, so unless there is some clearcut malice or extreme negligence going on, the players can be assured they're not walking on a tightrope
The patched, dusty, trimmed, feathered mantle of evil +13.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #411134

If someone hits me once out of the blue with lethal damage (punches, toolbox) I try to disarm or run away, if they keep hitting me I fight until they're in crit then I leave them there. If they come back I kill them and hand them over to the chef. This is what I've done the few times it happened to me (unless I died in the fight) and I didn't get banned. One time I did it to one guy who was hitting me with boxing gloves but I didn't realize that because CHAT TOO FAST and non-lethal damage looks the same as lethal on the health bar. He got into crit and came back but we de-escalated and no one was bwoinked.

The problem with taking them to cloning as you can see is that they will almost always come back. The reason is the following: if they're an antag, they're obviously going to come back and kill you because they can. If they're non-antag, they'll come back because they think they're in the right and of course, they're not gonna clone you if they win.

As far as interloping is concerned, I've been instakilled in the past (thank you steven seagal PR) and gibbed for hopping the chef counter, but I've always operated under the assumption that once you break into someone's place you're free game because normal people as opposed to sec don't have a reliable non-lethal way to stop you
Screemonster
Byond Username: Scree

Post by Screemonster » #411162

I didn't know that sally put my marble in the box instead of the basket where I left it, therefore I looked in the basket when I came back into the room

I didn't know that that guy that started hitting me with a fire extinguisher out of nowhere wasn't a traitor trying to kill me, therefore I assumed he was one
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #411163

There is still a big difference between critting and killing. It isnt hard to stop beating a man to death.
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #411169

of course you should be allowed to respond to implied intent. misdirection and misinformation are a major part of the game. if a traitor hijacks the HoS PDA and tells you that the captain is a ling and you believe it, and the captain takes you aside to his office, and you shoot him, that would be reasonable even though the captain did nothing wrong because you perceived the captain's intent as malicious.

determining if you actually held that intent is up to the investigating admin. admins should make a strong effort to see things from the perspectives of all sides, especially the person who's being bwoinked. you have logs for this to help you with it even further. it's not always clear and sometimes you'll only have the word of the person you're bwoinking to go off of, but in my opinion it's better to let a guilty player go free than to ban an innocent one.
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #411172

Dr_bee wrote:There is still a big difference between critting and killing. It isnt hard to stop beating a man to death.
It's even easier to not start throwing fists or swinging toolboxes or breaking into departments if you don't want to end up dead.

Sure it's great if a chef refrains from turning the assistant into burgers and takes them to medbay instead, but that shouldn't be an OOC obligation, and players shouldn't, as beesting said, feel entitled to an admin safety net when they start violence.

Which is really what this boils down to, entitlement to get their way. You're not entitled to security arresting someone, and you're not entitled to killing them if security won't arrest them, and you're not entitled to the admin banning them if you fail to kill them, and you're not entitled to changing the rules when the admin won't ban the guy. You're not entitled to be given 3 strikes per round when you go rob someone who is trying to do something else.

Engaging in violence and crime while not an antagonist shouldn't have anything more than a bare minimum of framework of safety to protect people from blatant kill baiting. Violence should be unfair and unpredictable and not have guaranteed outcomes.

Worst case scenario you die in a videogame about getting killed in various stupid ways and just switch servers or respawn as a ghost role anyway.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #411175

It is important to remember we are not trying to design a functional society with sane laws and its actually okay for our "citizens" to murder one another. Our rules exist to provide some level of coherence to the violence so it feels meaningful, not to prevent it.
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #411182

Dr_bee wrote:Gives me an idea, a "de-escalation" point that the character sets in character set up, a question of how ruthless the person is. low levels can mean no harm at all, to critting, to cloning, to no mercy.

That is as far as the character can go against other people and as far as other people can go against them before the escalation is "solved"

person who started shit wouldnt be protected but the person who responds would be protected up to the point of their de-escalation point, going beyond it would mean they are subject to admin reprimand for shittily role-playing and the conflict protection switches to the instigator. So if you want to start and end shit with violence, you dont get any protection, if you show mercy you do get some protection, but you lose it if you roleplay poorly and murder the dude.

It is a shitty, clunky system but it is at least somewhat clearcut and consistant as opposed to Liberarian NAP murderfest that is entirely based on the whims of individual admins that we have now.
Hold up let me check your medical records before I escalate out of your comfort zone. Oh, you don't like any harm at all? Well my gosh, I'm sorry I wasn't supposed to punch you for not giving back my upgraded industrial welder! Next time I'll refrain from punching you.

I have no idea where to start on why this is a bad idea and why this is bad roleplay. This very attitude is like wanting a PvE peaceful mode minecraft experience and then joining the hardcore PvP factions server.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Dr_bee

Post by Dr_bee » #411188

BeeSting12 wrote:
Dr_bee wrote:Gives me an idea, a "de-escalation" point that the character sets in character set up, a question of how ruthless the person is. low levels can mean no harm at all, to critting, to cloning, to no mercy.

Hold up let me check your medical records before I escalate out of your comfort zone. Oh, you don't like any harm at all? Well my gosh, I'm sorry I wasn't supposed to punch you for not giving back my upgraded industrial welder! Next time I'll refrain from punching you.

I have no idea where to start on why this is a bad idea and why this is bad roleplay. This very attitude is like wanting a PvE peaceful mode minecraft experience and then joining the hardcore PvP factions server.
Stealing the welder would count as "starting shit" and I am throwing out ideas and seeing what sticks. Kor did a better job refuting my idea, he is right, shouldnt be preventing violence, should just manage it. I still think there should be some other ways to encourage non-violent methods of conflict resolution but I cant think of any.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #411203

I might be naive and this might be completely insane but I like to believe that taking the guard rails off escalation policy will encourage non violent solutions.

If you decide you're angry and gonna solve your problems with a toolbox and you end up floating in space with the admins telling you tough shit I'd hope the lesson would be "maybe don't leap to violence if you find the consequences undesirable"

Knowing there is no second chance (revival, the guy you were fighting gets banned, etc) if things go wrong might give people pause next time.
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #411204

Might encourage people to try calling the cops rather than retaliating with lethal force themselves as well
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #411220

Kill baiting is a minor problem compared to the rising trend of ban baiting. I guess some players no longer derive pleasure from making the other guy as miserable as possible in game so now they try to trick him into getting banned instead.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #411223

I forgot Kor hates the word reasonable (for good reason, since it is very vague), my bad.

It was not specifically that I wanted to add the words as it was written, Kor himself has stated that the system has a problem "with ultraviolence." The only way we can change that is by understanding that not every situation is black and white. Some level of different needs to be made between disarming someone and fucking murdering them.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #411233

Furthermore, I don't even think that the addition of that will really even change anything since people are going to enforce the rules however they want. At least we can point at something (much like what we do with the current escalation policy) and state that you can't murder someone for insulting you. It may not even be needed in the first place but I will note that leaving an avenue for murdering people for insults in the rules is not very healthy for a game where death has increasingly less permanence.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #411244

as I said in adminbus, a push in this game is equivalent to death, so is soap, so is a water spray

it's impossible to have proportionality if you dont' want to die yourself
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #411249

>clown slips you with water spray
>beat him to death and space his body because he could have done exactly what you just did to him.
>???
Gigapuddi420
Byond Username: Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #411251

What level are we going with for someone wronging another player. Seems kind of important as current escalation opens up killing and spacing the person who 'wrongs' you. Normally I'd say apply common sense, but we're well past that point.
Imperfect catgirl playing a imperfect game.
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #411252

yes, if you don't want to get killed by an antag you pretty much have to kill them before they slip you and stun lock you, which means anyone trying to stun you can potentially be a round ending antag, so you literally can't let it slide if you don't want to die
Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #411253

oranges wrote:yes, if you don't want to get killed by an antag you pretty much have to kill them before they slip you and stun lock you, which means anyone trying to stun you can potentially be a round ending antag, so you literally can't let it slide if you don't want to die
Losing is part of the game. :roll:
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #411254

yes, I'm not saying I personally play that way, but I understand that many do, and trying to policy your way around the massive hole in our combat system isn't going to work
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #411255

CitrusGender wrote:>clown slips you with water spray
>beat him to death and space his body because he could have done exactly what you just did to him.
>???
this is one of two outcomes this thread is addressing
>clown slips you with water spray
>he beats me to death and spaces me because hes a traitor
>???
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #411257

I wasn't even going to argue with citrus's posts because it's just argument to the extreme but that's a good response nilons
Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #411258

why even have rule 10?
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #411260

rule 10 doesn't preclude you from preventing people from killing you, stop making such nonsense posts.

Specifically the last part of the rule
'No matter how good or prepared you are, sometimes you just lose. '

You can be good and prepared, that's totally allowed and I won't, ever, ever punish people for how they respond to our combat system
Nilons

Post by Nilons » #411263

Gigapuddi420 wrote:why even have rule 10?
Letting a clown slip you and potentially kill you because youll get in trouble with the admins is not without the possibility of avoiding it nor is it out of your control like rule 10 describes
Signature Memes

Gigapuddi420

Post by Gigapuddi420 » #411265

I don't really see killing and spacing someone who slips you as being good and prepared though. Rather, just don't get slipped or overreact when someone does it as part of their job (Clown, Janitor). I cite rule 10 because sometimes you get slipped and sometimes the person who does it uses it to kill you. Killing someone AFTER they slipped you doesn't fix the initial slip, they clearly didn't kill you so why choose to do that?
BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #411267

Killing someone for slipping you is an overreaction.

Killing someone for slipping and starting to beat you is fine.

Killing someone for slipping you on a rev round is debateable. I would just because they're a liability if they try it later.
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:

hows my driving?
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #411268

There is NO way to word the escalation policy without having any problems of any sort. Think of it like this, if the policy is "start shit get hit" An assistant gets all access by the captain to use for all his desires and he goes and makes thermite in chemistry. There are two chemists who want to make something with there job. But they can't because an assistant is hogging the machines. The captain clearly allowed the assistant to be there by trusting him enough to have access to wherever he wants. But the chemist also has a desire to do his job, and see's that the assistant is doing wrong. If the chemist throws out the assistant, is that "starting shit?" because the assistant is using a privilege he was given to use for his desire, the way he wanted. Yet the chemist has a conflicting view because he wants to do his job.

So all in all, people are hardwired to think that they're right in every situation ever. That is until a higher power tells them that they are wrong. That is via religion, a justice system. Or a system that punishes them. So escalation will always be a case by case basis for the admins, as two people of equal standing will always have flip-flopped viewpoints. You could be the assistant or the chemist. Maybe you've been both. You usually need a higher power to sort things out though.
► Show Spoiler
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #411270

BeeSting12 wrote:Killing someone for slipping you is an overreaction.

Killing someone for slipping and starting to beat you is fine.

Killing someone for slipping you on a rev round is debateable. I would just because they're a liability if they try it later.
Sure. I can dig, I guess I just hated the certainty of the previous post since a push ≠ Death. Obviously, there is more to it in the context of the matter.

I was just about to make a post detailing such but I can agree with Beesting here.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #411273

Rev rounds don't count to me personally. Everything is chaotic, rev rounds should just be roundstart delta or something. So people know that it's martial law and any act of aggression against you can be warranted as someone after your life.
► Show Spoiler
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #411328

If you are concerned about being "kill baited" then consider calling security, using non lethal means to subdue your opponent, fleeing, or otherwise working things out (talking them down, getting your stolen items replaced, etc)

This part of the rules was meant to imply that disarming/shoving =/= violence I actually did think of that!

I agree with you this thread will likely go nowhere though so I'll put it to rest