How do I be good as miner

Post by Xango » #408948

I just want to be useful and get cool loot while being badass pls help
This server is a rotting carcass and we are feasting on its remains
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Re: How do I be good as miner

Post by Bluespace » #408949

Use the KA. Add a knife to it. Get the crusher kit for the pocket extinguisher and the automatic advanced scanner.
Put two seclites in your pocket. Put your satchel on your belt. PDA light on. Don't bother with tendrils or mobs till you upgrade your KA.
Empty out your box apart from your crowbar. Grab your bluespace shelter capsule, and put your medipen in your box.
Go and mine with KA and ore box.
When the first storm comes, return to station, upgrade to an advanced plasma cutter and mining satchel of holding.
Use your ore points to buy a jaunter. Put it on your belt. Fuck chasms.
Buy as many survival medipens as you can. They're ridiculously robust. Fill your box with them.
Buy three damage upgrades and apply them to your KA. You can now fight megafauna. Make sure you have your hood up on your explorer suit, and take a real extinguisher for if you get hit by drake fire.
Diagonally kite drakes and just hit them with the KA. It really doesn't take long with a full upgraded KA. Don't be afraid to retreat if need be. Just jaunter out, the drake will be there for you to come back to.
If you're fighting megafauna you need to do it in an open space or you'll absolutely die. There's a huge open space at the very south of the map, mine it out a little more, make sure there's no bodies for MF to heal from and kite them there.
Some people like to use legion heads for fighting MF but medipens work fine for me, they're super robust.

Also jaunter back to station and buy another each time for an easy way to drop off minerals.
ALSO to fight tendrils just mine around them and shoot your cutter from out of range of the mob's aggro radius. Run in, grab chest, pull it away before you die to the chasm.
Killing legions can also give loot, because rarely you'll kill one and it'll be an operative loadout with full hardsuit + syndimask + turtleneck and gloves etc.
I play Boris Pepper.
The Clowns Pocket

Post by The Clowns Pocket » #408967

Type *suicide at rounstart
newfren
Byond Username: Newfren

Post by newfren » #409835

Yell at RD to upgrade the ORM.

Open your locker and get out the flashlight, KA, and mesons. Drop your marker beacons on the floor. PDA light on. One flashlight in a pocket, the other on your KA, knife on your KA, mining satchel in your other pocket. Get the resonator or the crusher kit for the advanced scanner and (optionally) webbing.

Get on the fucking shuttle hurry up we all want to go to lavaland quick.

Rush to the medkit and take the entire thing, if anyone complains give them a stack of bruise packs and ointment but noone will complain. Take an extra bluespace shelter or two from the spare lockers. Get your suit and mask on, oxy tank in the suit storage, and a GPS with your first name.

Mine at least 3 diamond, 1 bluespace, and 5-10 everything else, drop it off and dump 11 metal and glass, and 5 of everything except bluespace and diamond in the cargo lathe for upgrades. I like 1 of each KA upgrade (range, cooldown, and damage) but it doesn't matter really as long as you get it upgraded somehow. Get a satchel of holding and an advanced cutter. Bug science to give you a bag of holding. Spend all your points and fill your box with survival medipens. Beeline straight for every tendril on the map for easy loot that's often better than what the megafauna drop anyway.

Get 3 goliath plates or either the champion's hardsuit or the inquisitor's hardsuit from tendril drops - use the plates on your explorer's suit, or just the hardsuits by themselves they're like the best drop from tendrils. If you can steal a sec jumpsuit from arrivals or wherever do that for extra armour. Blood Drunk miner will go down in almost exactly 2 medipens without you dying like this, and his drop is great for fighting the heirophant. Ash drakes are a pretty easy kill if you get fire immunity (either of the hardsuits mentioned, or xenobio potions) but they're also easy enough if you find wherever you dropped the extinguisher you get from your starting voucher kit.
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #409836

click rocks
somerandomguy
Byond Username: Astatineguy12

Post by somerandomguy » #409982

If you end up being a free golem print out a GPS once you get the Legacy, become a sand golem, and fight the Colossus (with an upgraded KA).
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #410439

If you don't fight every mob with only your knife then you're unrobust
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #410486

Anonmare wrote:If you don't fight every mob with only your knife then you're unrobust
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #412474

Anonmare wrote:If you don't fight every mob with only your knife then you're unrobust
T. Waste of time.

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.
Aloraydrel
Byond Username: Aloraydrel
Github Username: Aloraydrel

Post by Aloraydrel » #412541

digg response
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #412695

Remember when mining was with PICKAXES not plasma cutters
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #412717

CosmicScientist wrote:
Aloraydrel wrote:
digg response
digg doesn't have the balls to spread misinformation knowingly, they're introverted normies, not sociopathic imageboard neets
What are you trying to say Cosmic?
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #412940

dorfs mining guide:

1 get a plasma cutter asap those are cool
2 dont hunt megafauna or tendrils until you've left us some minerals unless you're already really good
3 remind rnd to upgrade the ORM they never remember if you leave them alone
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #412946

Plasma cutters are for sissies, this is (no) man’s land
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
TheWiznard
Github User
Byond Username: TheWiznard
Github Username: TheWiznard

Post by TheWiznard » #412963

Armhulen wrote:Remember when mining was with PICKAXES not plasma cutters
remember when you were mining on the asteroid and another miner walks up behind your ore box without his light on and doesn't say anything to you, and you go to say hello but he doesn't say anything so you go to radio chat and the radio is disabled, and you only have a pickaxe on you and your air is running out because you didn't powergame and fill your large airtank up at round start
Armhulen
Global Moderator
Byond Username: Armhulenn
Github Username: bazelart

Post by Armhulen » #413117

TheWiznard wrote:
Armhulen wrote:Remember when mining was with PICKAXES not plasma cutters
remember when you were mining on the asteroid and another miner walks up behind your ore box without his light on and doesn't say anything to you, and you go to say hello but he doesn't say anything so you go to radio chat and the radio is disabled, and you only have a pickaxe on you and your air is running out because you didn't powergame and fill your large airtank up at round start
bliss
Kraso
Byond Username: S0ldi3rKr4s0
Github Username: Kraseo

Post by Kraso » #413147

miners who immediately fuck off to the nearest tendril instead of mining are scum and you should toss their corpse on lava ASAP
TheWiznard wrote:and your air is running out because you didn't powergame and fill your large airtank up at round start
this genuinely never happens
Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #413155

Kraso wrote:miners who immediately fuck off to the nearest tendril instead of mining are scum and you should toss their corpse on lava ASAP
TheWiznard wrote:and your air is running out because you didn't powergame and fill your large airtank up at round start
It did before the hugbox change of altering the starting release pressure of O2 tanks to 16KPa from 21KPa.
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #413157

don't try and release yourself from the memento mori it gibs you
I play Boris Pepper.
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #413165

Bluespace wrote:don't try and release yourself from the memento mori it gibs you
*dusts
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #413188

Turn off midis.
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #413210

Anonmare wrote:
Kraso wrote:miners who immediately fuck off to the nearest tendril instead of mining are scum and you should toss their corpse on lava ASAP
It did before the hugbox change of altering the starting release pressure of O2 tanks to 16KPa from 21KPa.
???

you are talking about the emergency tanks, the large oxygen tanks release 76 kPa as the bare minimum
somerandomguy

Post by somerandomguy » #413354

Kraso wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
???

you are talking about the emergency tanks, the large oxygen tanks release 76 kPa as the bare minimum
You're thinking of the air tanks that contain a mix of N2 and O2, pure O2 only needs 16kpa
Kraso

Post by Kraso » #413355

somerandomguy wrote:
Kraso wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
???

You're thinking of the air tanks that contain a mix of N2 and O2, pure O2 only needs 16kpa
varies on the volume, you can't go below 76 kPa without beginning to choke on the large pure O2 tanks

nevermind i'm wrong and for some reason the large tanks use 16 kPa now???
Alipheese
Byond Username: Daturix
Github Username: Daturix

Post by Alipheese » #413443

Kraso wrote:
somerandomguy wrote:
Kraso wrote:
Anonmare wrote:
???

varies on the volume, you can't go below 76 kPa without beginning to choke on the large pure O2 tanks

nevermind i'm wrong and for some reason the large tanks use 16 kPa now???
16kpa has been the setting for a long long time. (2 years)

Screenshots.
Spoiler:
Quotes.
Spoiler:
PKPenguin321 wrote:holy shit that engineering setup
that man deserves a medal
Anonmare wrote:Gee Engie, why does your mom let you have TWO singulos?
The Legend of Scrubs, MD
You are a traitor!
Your current objectives:
Objective #1: They mocked you in life, a lesser janiborg they said. Now they shall know terror.
Objective #2: Hijack the shuttle to ensure no loyalist Nanotrasen crew escape alive and out of custody.
Cuboos wrote: > That god damn engineer who let the singularity loose was a traitor and the only reasonable person on that whole entire station.