Admins represent the server elsewhere, how should they be punished for bad representation?

iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Admins represent the server elsewhere, how should they be punished for bad representation?

Post by iamgoofball » #414598

https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 23&t=17945

Our administrators should not be allowed to freely insult and deride members of other communities while serving as a public servant for /tg/. I demand we institute a form of punishment for inappropriate and divisive behavior while representing the /tg/station server community and brand name.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Re: Admins represent the server elsewhere, how should they be punished for bad representation?

Post by SpaceInaba » #414600

"people should not be allowed to make fun of me"
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Re: Admins represent the server elsewhere, how should they be punished for bad representation?

Post by oranges » #414602

I agree with goof, admins are losers
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #414604

I think it should be policy that goofball gets a weekban for each joke policy thread
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
iksyp
Byond Username: Iksyp

Post by iksyp » #414605

goof do you need a hug
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #414606

Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I think it should be policy that goofball gets a weekban for each joke policy thread
I think you should stop trying to silence all opinions you disagree with by saying it's a "joke".
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414607

Separation of project and server
You're not having it both ways
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #414609

That's exactly my point? Codebase is a separate entity and community. Administrators acting like douchebags there reflects just as badly on the /tg/station server community as it would if they acted like douchebags at Facepunch or on Steam Discussions.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414610

You're asking for admins to be punished for making fun of you on the codebase
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #414612

I'm asking for admins who are public servants to be punished for poorly representing the /tg/station server community while out and about in the rest of the internet.

Their actions on my pull request in a separate community from the server is a perfect example. Please learn to look at the big picture for once in your life. Scope is a real thing.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #414614

iamgoofball wrote:I demand we institute a form of punishment for inappropriate and divisive behavior while representing the /tg/station server community and brand name.
I'm not sure if taking the moral high ground is the right choice here considering how harmless the comment you made the initial thread over is. It's hard not to assume this thread was made in bad faith.
Shezza
Byond Username: Wilchen

Post by Shezza » #414618

Goof has a valid point in making this policy thread, its not clear to players over what an admin can be punished.
Attacking him for making a thread only makes you look like an asshole.

An Admin shouldn't go out his way to harrass members of our community in any other community and expect to get away with it.

However the incident related to making this thread is just a light-hearted joke. And shouldn't be punished unless it repeats and goof takes it as a repeated harrasement from an admin.

/thread
Thanks for all the dopamine.

You (cough), you haven't won here. You and your mutie-bastard friends are gonna join me in a big ol' mushroom cloud sendoff. I just triggered the self-destruct. (Heh, heh; cough, cough,...) The work will go on. You didn't do nothing here, 'cept seal your own death warrants. Duty, (cough) honor... courage... Semper Fiiiii........
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #414621

I thought the codebase and server wasn't so separate that apparently our own CODE is not actually a part of our server.

When I read this, I thought we were being dicks to a different server.

Like, no offense to Goof, but this doesn't seem like that big of a deal as the thread title implies.
An Admin shouldn't go out his way to harrass members of our community in any other community and expect to get away with it.
I don't understand why we have a Coderbase faction and a Server faction as if we're fucking tribals, but I guess I'm just not in the know.

It says tg, the code is for the tg server, and I think a good chunk of the coders who code on it are people who play even if it's only every other tuesday when the planets align or like tg. If they didn't then why not code for the other servers out there?
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #414623

It should be determined on a case by case basis as it has always been.
If an admin raided some place and claims to be from here sure?
But in this case you're honestly being a baby
Wyzack
Byond Username: Wyzack

Post by Wyzack » #414624

Aye
Arthur Thomson says, "Since there are no admins I would loging with another account and kill you"
Caleb Robinson laughs.
Arthur Thomson catches fire!
tusterman11 wrote:Can you stop lying? I just asked you and you are was a piece of shiit on me!!!
Kor wrote:I wish Wyzack was still an admin.
EngamerAzari's real number one fangirl <3
certified good poster
Owegno
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Owegno

Post by Owegno » #414626

Pay me 55$ an hour and I will act professional everywhere on the internet. Otherwise I'm just going to act normal elsewhere because this isn't a job.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #414629

I'll do it for £15 an hour
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #414631

Ayy Lemoh wrote:I thought the codebase and server wasn't so separate that apparently our own CODE is not actually a part of our server.

When I read this, I thought we were being dicks to a different server.

Like, no offense to Goof, but this doesn't seem like that big of a deal as the thread title implies.
I don't understand why we have a Coderbase faction and a Server faction as if we're fucking tribals, but I guess I'm just not in the know.

It says tg, the code is for the tg server, and I think a good chunk of the coders who code on it are people who play even if it's only every other tuesday when the planets align or like tg. If they didn't then why not code for the other servers out there?
wrong, the seperation is absolute
Boris
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: Borisvanmemes

Post by Boris » #414632

I'll do it for one bitcoin a year, bincoin isn't a dead meme yet right?
current admin that was formerly retired due to inactivity
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Post by NikNakFlak » #414633

goofchem lmao
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #414634

Goof's whining is almost as bad as goofchem.

Summon the anti-bully rangers.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
IkeTG
Byond Username: LizardDreams

Post by IkeTG » #414635

Shezza wrote:Goof has a valid point in making this policy thread, its not clear to players over what an admin can be punished.
Attacking him for making a thread only makes you look like an asshole.

However the incident related to making this thread is just a light-hearted joke. And shouldn't be punished unless it repeats and goof takes it as a repeated harrasement from an admin.
If there was a valid point to make here, it's been thrown out with the bathwater. Bad-faith arguments like this thread puts everyone in an unfair position, one where it's hard to truly take anything seriously, especially since you don't know if you're going to be at the butt end of a joke if you give your honest-to-god answer.

If Goofball wanted to start a dialogue about admin harassment, he chose the worst way to go about it.
Shaps-cloud
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Shaps

Post by Shaps-cloud » #414636

Lol
P.S. Shoot Dr. Allen on sight and dissolve his body in acid. Don't burn it.
Not-Dorsidarf
Byond Username: Dorsidwarf

Post by Not-Dorsidarf » #414637

iamgoofball wrote:
Not-Dorsidarf wrote:I think it should be policy that goofball gets a weekban for each joke policy thread
I think you should stop trying to silence all opinions you disagree with by saying it's a "joke".
you might not have been joking, but this thread is still a joke
kieth4 wrote: infrequently shitting yourself is fine imo
There is a lot of very bizarre nonsense being talked on this forum. I shall now remain silent and logoff until my points are vindicated.
Player who complainted over being killed for looting cap office wrote: Sun Jul 30, 2023 1:33 am Hey there, I'm Virescent, the super evil person who made the stupid appeal and didn't think it through enough. Just came here to say: screech, retards. Screech and writhe like the worms you are. Your pathetic little cries will keep echoing around for a while before quietting down. There is one great outcome from this: I rised up the blood pressure of some of you shitheads and lowered your lifespan. I'm honestly tempted to do this more often just to see you screech and writhe more, but that wouldn't be cool of me. So come on haters, show me some more of your high blood pressure please. 🖕🖕🖕
oranges
Code Maintainer

Post by oranges » #414638

the irony is that half the admin team constantly call for goof to be gitbanned/forum banned every time he speaks, so acting like a reverse of this is a joke when they unironically believe the other way is the real joke.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #414644

Imagine for a moment living a day as a gigantic shittalking baby that screams his loudest when someone laughs back, this like last time and all the times before it I look forward to your next political removal PR to try and send a message while also crying about your codebase being separate from the server or what the fuck ever.
It's a wonder you're even still around. Probably because not even /vg/station wants you.

tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #414648

Ah yes, publicly mock someone because they reported shitposts in a serious policy discussion thread. Really mature, man.
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #414652

Goof you should know how I work by now, the only people you're fooling are people that haven't been around long enough to see your bullshit.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #414654

Saegrimr wrote:Goof you should know how I work by now, the only people you're fooling are people that haven't been around long enough to see your bullshit.
Have you considered for once in your life that people don't always have ulterior motives?
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #414656

"This time is different, guys!"
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #414657

Daily reminder that this is not Applebees.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #414658

I feel there's a conflict of interest with Saegrimir handling reports on his own posts. Is this actionable?
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #414661

iamgoofball wrote:I feel there's a conflict of interest with Saegrimir handling reports on his own posts. Is this actionable?
Please don't harass forum moderators. The separation between coderbus and the forums is absolute.

We will be speaking to the maintainers about your unpleasant behaviour towards poor Saegrimr.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #414662

iamgoofball wrote:I feel there's a conflict of interest with Saegrimir handling reports on his own posts. Is this actionable?
Hate to break the news but I haven't touched reports in this thread, and especially not my own. Shocking right? Almost like how ahelps and such are handled on the server when I was an admin.
SpaceInaba
Byond Username: SpaceInaba

Post by SpaceInaba » #414664

cedarbridge wrote:Daily reminder that this is not Applebees.
We live in a society.
Spoiler:
ImageImageImage
fuck,
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #414670

Saeg has not handled any of the reports on this page. They are all still there.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #414680

Rustledjimm wrote:Saeg has not handled any of the reports on this page. They are all still there.
Thanks for checking it out. The forums gave me an email saying that reports had been deleted, and with Saeg posting images of the report queue, I figured he was the one deleting them.
iamgoofball
Github User

Post by iamgoofball » #414685

CosmicScientist wrote:
Rustledjimm wrote:Saeg has not handled any of the reports on this page. They are all still there.
Could you close this because goof can just ask oranges to delete any off topic or jabbing comments?

That and I assume any admemes being fluffernutters can be talked to regardless if they're a right bellend.
Having to constantly bug maintainers to delete comments because administrators feel entitied to shitposting on separate communities doesn't actually fix the problem of shitposting, it just hides it, sometimes literally.
Karp
Byond Username: Ambassador Magikarp

Post by Karp » #414689

nearly twisted my nuts while reading this thread and laughing thanks for the material goof
PKPenguin321
Site Admin
Byond Username: PKPenguin321
Github Username: PKPenguin321

Post by PKPenguin321 » #414698

[youtube]x3-4ue8Kv-w[/youtube]
0:38
i play Lauser McMauligan. clown name is Cold-Ass Honkey
i have three other top secret characters as well.
tell the best admin how good he is
Spoiler:
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #414703

iamgoofball wrote:admins who are public servants
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #414704

you're a talented coder goof, and that's all that matters to me.
i appreciate you.
I play Boris Pepper.
Qbopper
Byond Username: Qbopper
Github Username: Qbopper

Post by Qbopper » #414713

It's incredible that I'm saying this to someone else but holy shit goof grow up

You can't act the way you do and then have the gall to turn around and complain that an admin was mean to you
Limey wrote:its too late.
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #414714

Public servants is hilarious. Try unpaid volunteers instead?
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
BeeSting12
Byond Username: BeeSting12
Github Username: BeeSting12

Post by BeeSting12 » #414715

its kinda crazy that someone who isnt even paying for a service can act so entitled that unpaid volunteers wont suck his micropenis
Edward Sloan, THE LAW
Melanie Flowers, Catgirl
Borgasm, Cyborg
Spoiler:
OOC: Hunterh98: to be fair sloan is one of the, if not the, most robust folks on tg

DEAD: Schlomo Gaskin says, "sloan may be a faggot but he gets the job done"

DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "YOU'RE EVERYWHERE WHERE BAD SHIT IS HAPPENING"
DEAD: Rei Ayanami says, "IT'S ALWAYS FUCKING EDWARD SLOAN"
oranges wrote:Bee sting is honestly the nicest admin, I look forward to seeing him as a headmin one day
[2020-05-21 01:21:48.923] SAY: Crippo/(Impala Chainee) "Shaggy Voice - She like... wants to get Eiffel Towered bro!!" (Brig (125, 166, 2))
hows my driving?
Ayy Lemoh
Byond Username: Jerry Derpington

Post by Ayy Lemoh » #414716

PKPenguin321 wrote:0:38
Even without being used as a forum weapon or something, it's funny that this existed.

lmao.
Lazengann
Byond Username: Lazengann

Post by Lazengann » #414718

arent firemen held to a standard? admins are just like firemen right
Gamarr
Byond Username: Gamarr

Post by Gamarr » #414728

Public servant is not quite right but admins in whatever capacity are the public face of things and this can probably be said to be one of their few real functions for what they handle. There shouldn't be a fucking bureaucracy to require a mass of them however.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #414730

This is rich coming from you goof.

Also someone add me to the fucking screenshot
Spoiler:
[20:26:02]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Welp. It was just a prank bro isn't a very good excuse when it comes to unprovoked nonantag murder, but since this is your first time doing it and you seem to understand the problem instead of a bannu I'm just going to leave you with a warning. Please PLEASE don't do this again in the future, as funny as crackhead broken bottle memes can be. Alrighty? Do you have any input on this?
[20:26:39]ADMIN: PM: [censored]->[censored admin]: Alright, no problem. I have some input. Fuck my boy pussy.
[20:27:06]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Okay then. Have fun.
[20:31:29]ADMIN: PM: [censored admin]->[censored]: Excuse me?
J_Madison wrote: that's a stupid fucking stat
you don't play, you've never played
lying little shit with your bullshit stat
fuck you
ColonicAcid wrote:and with enough practise i too could blow my own dick so well that only the gods know how it feels.
Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #414736

Alright. We're ending the charade here.

We're volunteers, we are not a professional body. We however do try to maintain some level of professionalism and seriousness when on the server and, most of the time, in FNR forum section. Elsewhere we have no additional expectations on our admins than has already been outlined.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler: