Shuttle purchases

Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Shuttle purchases

Post by Denton » #414899

I've heard that buying some shuttles (ie Hi Daniel, Disco Inferno) makes you valid.

If that's true - A) do they always make you valid and B) which ones are they?
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: Shuttle purchases

Post by Deitus » #414936

Whoever said that is both retarded and incorrect
onleavedontatme
Byond Username: KorPhaeron

Post by onleavedontatme » #414941

If you're a random assistant/clown buying death shuttles like the arena/daniel/hyperfractal you'll probably end up talking to an admin and being warned or banned

If you're a head of staff buying the death shuttles and people take issue with it then you better hope you're either very robust or security is backing you if a mutiny happens. You won't get banned for buying it, people won't get banned if they kill you for buying it, and you won't get banned if you kill people trying to kill you for buying it.

Under death shuttles I would include daniel/arena/hyperfractal, Build Your Own Shuttle if you buy it during an emergency/right before a shuttle call.

Luxury and asteroid with engines are kind of borderline but both generally safe.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #414942

The tl;dr being you have certain liberties to fuck around and make stupid decisions as a head of staff and the crew can attempt to violently remove you from your job if you're putting people in danger.

This is all based on previous admin actions and rulings and what I see commonly enforced, the headmins of course may have their own ideas about how they want to handle this going forward.
Denton
Byond Username: Denton-30
Github Username: 81Denton

Post by Denton » #414946

It would be nice if there was some sort of separation between them so that players know that purchasing it makes them valid. Maybe something added to the shuttle desciption?
I've always assumed that buying risky shuttles was treated as a dick move, but nothing to murder people over.

Especially since there is no clear warning about it in the rules, unlike stuff like WGW.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #414996

>buy shuttle
>Whiners get triggered
>"REEEE STOP USING FEATURES IN THE GAME"
>mfw they're allowed to attack me
>Mfw if they do I now have full justification to perma/gulag/execute them
Time to start rolling captain again bois
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #414999

If you buy dangerous shuttles expect your demise!!!

Also deitus ur noted for buying bad shuttles a bunch I wouldn’t
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #415002

>admins giving me nonsensical/stupid notes
SAY IT AINT SO

also
>You can use a feature in the game with the caveat of possibly being attacked for it BUT you just gotta sit there and take it with no retaliation
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHA
no.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #415248

Deitus wrote:
also
>You can use a feature in the game with the caveat of possibly being attacked for it BUT you just gotta sit there and take it with no retaliation
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
HAHA
no.
If you're a head of staff buying the death shuttles and people take issue with it then you better hope you're either very robust or security is backing you if a mutiny happens. You won't get banned for buying it, people won't get banned if they kill you for buying it, and you won't get banned if you kill people trying to kill you for buying it.
Denton wrote:It would be nice if there was some sort of separation between them so that players know that purchasing it makes them valid. Maybe something added to the shuttle desciption?
I've always assumed that buying risky shuttles was treated as a dick move, but nothing to murder people over.

Especially since there is no clear warning about it in the rules, unlike stuff like WGW.
It's called common sense really. Buy terrible shuttle that's dangerous? That's a lyncin' for extremely reckless endangerment.

Killing the HoP's dog and him being able to go John Wick on you isn't clearly defined in the rules either.

There is however a headmin ruling page where this will be linked I am sure.
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #415250

Dax Dupont wrote:and you won't get banned if you kill people trying to kill you for buying it.
I think it's fair for people to be confused about this, because for all other similar things the general consensus has always been "if you purposefully do something that makes you valid, and then you kill those who come to valid you, you can be punished for kill baiting." Similar situations have also lead to ban baiting in the past, which is the opposite: letting yourself be killed by someone who made himself valid, so that you can ahelp and get him banned.

It's nice that Kor clarified the issue but a definite headmin ruling is also needed.
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #415257

If you buy a dumb shuttle every once and a while and people attack you and you kill them you won't be banned.

If you buy a dumb shuttle every round you're captain so you have an excuse to kill people you'll be asked to stop or be banned because you're just running it into the ground at that point.

This is true for most behaviors on the server.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #415266

Kor wrote:If you're a random assistant/clown buying death shuttles like the arena/daniel/hyperfractal you'll probably end up talking to an admin and being warned or banned

Under death shuttles I would include daniel/arena/hyperfractal, Build Your Own Shuttle if you buy it during an emergency/right before a shuttle call.

Luxury and asteroid with engines are kind of borderline but both generally safe.
Kor wrote:The tl;dr being you have certain liberties to fuck around and make stupid decisions as a head of staff and the crew can attempt to violently remove you from your job if you're putting people in danger.

This is all based on previous admin actions and rulings and what I see commonly enforced, the headmins of course may have their own ideas about how they want to handle this going forward.
Kor wrote:If you buy a dumb shuttle every once and a while and people attack you and you kill them you won't be banned.

If you buy a dumb shuttle every round you're captain so you have an excuse to kill people you'll be asked to stop or be banned because you're just running it into the ground at that point.

Yep. This is basically how I feel exactly. If you're putting people in harm, expect retribution because you're doing something dumb. If it becomes a trend, expect admin intervention. It's how I've always handled it as well.
bandit
Byond Username: Bgobandit

Post by bandit » #415274

lock thread
"I don't see any difference between ERP and rape." -- erro

admin feedback pls
TehSteveo
Byond Username: TehSteveo

Post by TehSteveo » #415277

CitrusGender wrote:
Kor wrote:If you're a random assistant/clown buying death shuttles like the arena/daniel/hyperfractal you'll probably end up talking to an admin and being warned or banned

Kor wrote:The tl;dr being you have certain liberties to fuck around and make stupid decisions as a head of staff and the crew can attempt to violently remove you from your job if you're putting people in danger.

Kor wrote:If you buy a dumb shuttle every once and a while and people attack you and you kill them you won't be banned.

Yep. This is basically how I feel exactly. If you're putting people in harm, expect retribution because you're doing something dumb. If it becomes a trend, expect admin intervention. It's how I've always handled it as well.
Generally been been the way with shuttles for several headmin cycles as its honestly a reasonable stance to take with them.
Freedom
Mickyan
Github User
Byond Username: Mickyan
Github Username: Mickyan

Post by Mickyan » #415837

Stupid shuttles annoy me because if for example as a scientist you went around and just left bombs and plasma canisters around the hallways you would at the very least get job banned, but if as a captain you buy a suicidal shuttle knowing very well that it will indirectly kill the entire crew then it's just an IC issue
ImageI play on Manuel as Swanni, the brain-damaged moth.
Be nice to each other.
iamgoofball
Github User
Byond Username: Iamgoofball
Github Username: Iamgoofball

Post by iamgoofball » #415851

every time I've purchased the Daniel we've had no problems with getting the entire crew in
onleavedontatme

Post by onleavedontatme » #415865

If the surviving crew can't fit in pods+daniel you called the shuttle too early
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #415895

bandit wrote:lock thread