[Feemjmeem] Not Mike - Engineering Ban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Not Mike
Byond Username: Not Mike

[Feemjmeem] Not Mike - Engineering Ban Appeal

Post by Not Mike » #419916

Byond account and character name: Not Mike, Syd Echard

Banning admin: Feemjmeem

Ban type (What are you banned from?): Engineering Roles (Job Ban)

Ban reason and length: Permanent, "Banned from Chief Engineer, Station Engineer, Atmospheric Technician - As a cultist chief engineer, doped the supermatter with CO2 and failed to monitor it, leading to it delaminating into a tesla. While you were an antag, you were a team antag, and you screwed over your own team by doing this. You have been repeatedly warned about risky behavior. One-day ban for the event itself and permaban from engineering roles, and you need to be more careful moving forward."

Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2018-05-17 20:27:15

Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): Sybil

Your side of the story: The event described in the ban reason, direct quote from a note I received, was the last straw towards a permanent ban on all engineering roles. Prior to this, i've gotten 3 other engineering related notes, of which the one before my job ban stated "If they get another problem related to engineering, perma jobban them from engineering". In regards to the final note, I was unable to prevent a tesla appearing from the supermatter as a chief engineer while a team antagonist (blood cult) on my poor discretion of forgetting to put in a nitrogen canister while working with a carbon dioxide mix with the supermatter. Allegedly, this tesla had a severe effect on the cult that I was a part of, but I did not manage to get confirmation as I was banned a few minutes after the tesla had gone loose.

Previous notes, aside from one, were accidents believe it or not. One relating to accidentally loosing two teslas when creating a setup within a small area, one other was due to spreading deadly radiation whilst walking the hallways as a non-antagonist and the last one was for pushing the ore redemption machine into the supermatter for cargo thieving from engineering. Admittedly, I did have these notes coming to me and i'm making no accusations of them being wrong.

Why you think you should be unbanned: It's been just over a month since the job ban was placed and i've had a lot of time to think over the poor decisions i've made in the past regarding engineering, and I intend to rectify my mistakes by playing more responsibly as an engineer where I can, and avoid situations which would compromise my engineering role again. Additionally, I feel as though a permanent ban on an engineering role might have been a little much for what the executing event was.

If there are any questions regarding the job ban that you have to ask I will be willing to answer them if I can.
feem
Byond Username: Feemjmeem
Github Username: feemjmeem

Re: [Feemjmeem] Not Mike - Engineering Ban Appeal

Post by feem » #419918

Thanks for your appeal. This can be lifted by any admin. Please be more careful and watchful next time. Obviously if you're killed or something you don't need to babysit, but otherwise dangerous configs are your responsibility.

Be mindful of the impact your actions can have and you should be fine.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #419920

I've lifted it.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact