Trialmin Review: RogueSteampunker

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Trialmin Review: RogueSteampunker

Post by Rustledjimm » #420706

roguesteampunker has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for roughly three months.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes
jcll
Byond Username: Jcll
Github Username: jcll

Re: Trialmin Review: RogueSteampunker

Post by jcll » #420718

Good admin. Writes books. Is friendly and nice to people and does a good job! Looks like they get let down by the person that put them up for candidate. Speed Promote.
Uncle Bourbon
Byond Username: Uncle Bourbon

Post by Uncle Bourbon » #420719

the admin tg needs but not the one it deserves
I am literally captain sawrge. MY old forum account got banned sorry
BebeYoshi
Byond Username: BebeYoshi

Post by BebeYoshi » #420720

A good cat and admin also makes great events, what else can I say? Promote
Hatterhat
Byond Username: Hatterhat

Post by Hatterhat » #420773

they're alright
Hi, I'm Harold Robinson. I shitpost verbally and textually. God has forsaken me.
Spoiler:
can i get a fucking uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
captain sawrge
Byond Username: Sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #420811

makes me really uncomfortable when admins spend more time airing their grievances re:adminbus in the sligcord than they do bringing them up to the team and i see it from him an awful lot in the sligcord.

makes me uncomfortable when i see admins constantly griping about stuff in the sligcord salt channel

don't agree with some fairly major aspects of his vision of the game

he can get really petty when you get into confrontations with him in my experience

thats off the top of my head
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #420825

captain sawrge wrote:makes me really uncomfortable when admins spend more time airing their grievances re:adminbus in the sligcord than they do bringing them up to the team and i see it from him an awful lot in the sligcord.

makes me uncomfortable when i see admins constantly griping about stuff in the sligcord salt channel

he can get really petty when you get into confrontations with him in my experience

It sure is nice to see someone be true and honest with there feelings though. I'd rather not deal with people who bottle in all of there feelings and then burst like a volcano at you over something minor. Good, fun and won't hold back. That level of honesty is something very deserving of respect!
► Show Spoiler
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #420848

it's not honesty when you vent into a channel that can't address your concerns shadowflame
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #420854

oranges wrote:it's not honesty when you vent into a channel that can't address your concerns shadowflame
My remark about being honest and being able to understand how you feel also applies to you, oranges!
► Show Spoiler
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #420931

Shadowflame909 wrote:
captain sawrge wrote:makes me really uncomfortable when admins spend more time airing their grievances re:adminbus in the sligcord than they do bringing them up to the team and i see it from him an awful lot in the sligcord.

It sure is nice to see someone be true and honest with there feelings though. I'd rather not deal with people who bottle in all of there feelings and then burst like a volcano at you over something minor. Good, fun and won't hold back. That level of honesty is something very deserving of respect!
What oranges said.

I've seen him use it as a platform to rile people up about issues he has with adminbus/coderbus. He's an admin, he has very easy internal access to the people most capable of addressing his complaints. There's no reason for him to try to make things into a public drama before going to the headmins/his peers and trying to resolve things there.

It's disrespectful to the other admins to have so little faith and trust in them you can't even bring your grievances directly to them.
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #420932

anyway thats my biggest gripe about him idk how he admins in-game or w/e lol
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #420945

what a strange dude

I swear arm just admined him randomly in like the shitposting general one day and then forgot about him.
RogueSteampunker
Byond Username: RogueSteampunker

Post by RogueSteampunker » #420952

I've seen him use it as a platform to rile people up about issues he has with adminbus/coderbus. He's an admin, he has very easy internal access to the people most capable of addressing his complaints. There's no reason for him to try to make things into a public drama before going to the headmins/his peers and trying to resolve things there.
Quite simply, besides one time back in my early days of being an admin, anything that I feel wasn't a major detriment or otherwise was more opinion-based than anything usually ended up on the sligcord, simply because I didn't wish to make a nuisance of myself to the people I'm supposed to be working with. Rants about revs and cult go into the salt pile, anything that's actually detrimental towards the game go into the adminbus. However, this is not without previous issues with it, and I appreciate the complaint.
what a strange dude

I swear arm just admined him randomly in like the shitposting general one day and then forgot about him.
I mean, you aren't wrong. He literally just pinged me asking why it was I had so much activity without being adminned, gave me the AC, and ran off after telling me he was going to go pick up some cigs and milk.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #420999

Did armhulenn ever come back with the milk? It's classic childhood stories all over again :(
► Show Spoiler
Limski
Byond Username: Limski

Post by Limski » #421043

Headmins forgot about him during his candidacy and now during his trial
THIS IS BULLYING
CEASE

Really good admin tbh
Sometinyprick
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: STP

Post by Sometinyprick » #421227

If what sawrge is saying is true that's worrying, honestly admins that incite or involve themselves too often in drama are bad for the server in general. I've seen how bad it can get when you have too many people like that as admins and it's never good.
i play leo bonhart, feel free to grief me
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #421264

Why are people surprised that when you recruit admins from the sligcord, theyll be users of the sligcord.

Why even candidate them if youre not ok with them using certain channels in certain discords. Sawrge should be the last person giving anyone shit for out of game conduct considering his when he was an admin
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #421267

Nilons wrote:Why are people surprised that when you recruit admins from the sligcord, theyll be users of the sligcord.

Why even candidate them if youre not ok with them using certain channels in certain discords. Sawrge should be the last person giving anyone shit for out of game conduct considering his when he was an admin
Not at all my point, maybe you could ignore your raging hate-on for me and think a little more critically.

If you want an example of why admins airing their dirty laundry in big public dramas is bad just look at anything related to the repukan appeal.
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #421338

I mean theres no real point in trying to convince you because youre gonna just say Im disagreeing with you because I dislike you as you have in this thread and many times before

I don't think admins should be whinging in sligcord salt channels either but its well established that A: Admin conduct outside of the game shouldn't be considered (sawrge, oranges) and B: Admin trainers and headmins recruit from the sligcord

the bone I have to pick with you is that youre fine with admin conduct outside of the game being irrelevant when it comes to you or people you hang out with but for some reason think its actionable or consequential when its someone you don't like.
I play Ostrava of Nanotrasen (good name) and Rolls-The-Bones (Crag Given name god bless)
Signature Memes

Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #421354

Nilons wrote:the bone I have to pick with you is that you're fine with admin conduct outside of the game being irrelevant when it comes to you or people you hang out with but for some reason think its actionable or consequential when its someone you don't like.
► Show Spoiler
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #421358

Nilons wrote:I mean theres no real point in trying to convince you because youre gonna just say Im disagreeing with you because I dislike you as you have in this thread and many times before

I don't think admins should be whinging in sligcord salt channels either but its well established that A: Admin conduct outside of the game shouldn't be considered (sawrge, oranges) and B: Admin trainers and headmins recruit from the sligcord

the bone I have to pick with you is that youre fine with admin conduct outside of the game being irrelevant when it comes to you or people you hang out with but for some reason think its actionable or consequential when its someone you don't like.
You just disagreed with me, agreed with me in the following paragraph, then accused me of altering my view based on my opinion of the person in question the very paragraph after.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #421360

I find it silly to argue in someone else's review thread. But, getting angry at someone for being honest with there opinions is appalling to me. Sawrge, you have a history of getting angry and using admin tools to vent your anger. RogueSteampunker hasn't done that so far. Why all the fuss? Are we mad that their outlet for anger is public? I like knowing whats on the minds of the adminning team. It's pretty helpful as a player, honestly. Because it allows us to treat them more like people instead of monotone customer service robots.
Last edited by Shadowflame909 on Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
► Show Spoiler
captain sawrge

Post by captain sawrge » #421361

Already explained why it's an issue, Rogue acknowledged it graciously and hopefully he takes it into account.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #421362

Agree to disagree, not knowing how admins feel is the worst. Especially when they're involved in a situation pertaining to you. The quiet ones are always the ones you should avoid!
► Show Spoiler
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Post by Deitus » #421378

Good admin from my experience and did a cool event so he's all right in my opinion
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Post by CitrusGender » #423680

There are some concerns regarding them: so we have a few doubts. However, I don't think this is enough to deny someone entirely.

Perhaps an extra two months will give them some time to take the criticism in this thread and improve. We have decided to extend their trial.