[SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Appeals which have been closed.
Locked
User avatar
SergeantSkread
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 pm
Byond Username: SergeantSkread
Location: chiraq

[SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by SergeantSkread » #420184

Byond account and character name: SergeantSkread. It's been a long time ago so I don't know what my character name was.
Banning admin: SubtleGraces
Ban type (What are you banned from?): Server
Ban reason and length: I'm banned permanently, the reason was: You're only here for Grief; Consistently terrible after just getting off a perma for rape. Please appeal on the forums once you feel you can handle the game a bit more maturely.
Time ban was placed (including time zone): 2013-10-21 10:24:54
Your side of the story: A man in the bar was wearing a wizard costume and I set him on fire. I tried to play it off by saying I thought he was a wizard. The admins saw clean through my speech check attempt and banned me.
Why you think you should be unbanned: I've been banned for about 4 years and 8 months now. I think I've matured enough to be let back on the server. I'd like to get back into SS13 and everyone I've talked to who still plays the game, told me /tg/station was probably the best server to get on - I don't really find myself having fun on any of the hub servers. All my previous ban appeals were concluded by me being told to play on other servers to attain vouches, but the truth is I don't enjoy myself on any of the servers long enough to be able to get vouches. I believe the ban has been in place long enough that I can come back on the server and prove that I can play without being a griefer without having to force myself to play on truthfully unfun servers just to get vouches. Thanks
User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont
Location: Belgium

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by Dax Dupont » #420197

While this is an ancient ban, the following evasions have happened:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
This one really pops out:
Image

I see a lot of accounts connected to SergeantSkread, these are just a few.

They all have the same pattern.
User avatar
Bluespace
Joined: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:04 pm
Byond Username: Bluespace
Location: UK

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by Bluespace » #420223

Aren’t you blacklisted?
I feel like you did something super bad like crashing servers or something.
User avatar
SergeantSkread
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 pm
Byond Username: SergeantSkread
Location: chiraq

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by SergeantSkread » #420365

Dax Dupont wrote:While this is an ancient ban, the following evasions have happened:
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
This one really pops out:
Image

I see a lot of accounts connected to SergeantSkread, these are just a few.

They all have the same pattern.
Yes I did evade quite a bit and forgot to state it in the original post as I thought it was common knowledge as said in my previous 5 appeals. The evading dates back 4 years and was very stupid, spurred by my desperation to rejoin the server after several appeals being denied.

However as I also stated in those appeals, the keys 'xanderdox' and 'dextroyer' are not mine and a lot of the notes are not to me either, it seems a lot of this was attributed to me as I used a free VPN for my evading antics which several other people probably did.
Bluespace wrote:Aren’t you blacklisted?
I feel like you did something super bad like crashing servers or something.
I've never been told that I was blacklisted, and I've never crashed servers or attempted to - the "only" offences I did were the ones for my original bans, and my evading.
User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by NikNakFlak » #420369

I did a lot of looking into this once upon a time and it is true some ip connected accounts might not be his but braindude was pretty cancerous especially considering you posted on the forums alot. Its been awhile but you were pretty shit and didnt even bother to play elsewhere even with the past appeals and just played the long waiting game which is meh. Personally i'd deny it because you don't add pretty much anything to the community. Maybe headmins think otherwise.
REDACTED
pm for deets
User avatar
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Joined: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 pm
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont
Location: Belgium

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by Dax Dupont » #420392

SergeantSkread wrote: Yes I did evade quite a bit and forgot to state it in the original post as I thought it was common knowledge as said in my previous 5 appeals. The evading dates back 4 years and was very stupid, spurred by my desperation to rejoin the server after several appeals being denied.
Last one I saw was august 2017.
User avatar
SergeantSkread
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 pm
Byond Username: SergeantSkread
Location: chiraq

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by SergeantSkread » #420437

NikNakFlak wrote:I did a lot of looking into this once upon a time and it is true some ip connected accounts might not be his but braindude was pretty cancerous especially considering you posted on the forums alot. Its been awhile but you were pretty shit and didnt even bother to play elsewhere even with the past appeals and just played the long waiting game which is meh. Personally i'd deny it because you don't add pretty much anything to the community. Maybe headmins think otherwise.
As I stated in the appeal, the reason I don't play elsewhere is because I try it for a couple of days, but most other servers are really boring and unfun for me. I'm not exactly keen on forcing myself to play on servers I don't enjoy just to get back on the good server after 3-4 years of not touching it.
Dax Dupont wrote:
SergeantSkread wrote: Yes I did evade quite a bit and forgot to state it in the original post as I thought it was common knowledge as said in my previous 5 appeals. The evading dates back 4 years and was very stupid, spurred by my desperation to rejoin the server after several appeals being denied.
Last one I saw was august 2017.
Not me. Did not play SS13 at all at this time. After I got banned on (i believe) the 'notsergeantskread' key, I stopped bothering with the evading as I realized it was stupid, pathetic and sad to continue forcing my way into a server and a playerbase that wanted no business with me, understandably so due to me being a retarded teen at the time whose enjoyment of the game resumed itself to "lol killing people and making them angry is funny", which is not my mindset anymore.
User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by NikNakFlak » #420464

Looking into this more, it looks like you tried other servers and got banned from all of them
yog, nox(when it was a thing), goon, CM, vg, bestrp

Some of which you got unbanned from, but this isn't very honest with what you said in this appeal either
REDACTED
pm for deets
User avatar
SergeantSkread
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 pm
Byond Username: SergeantSkread
Location: chiraq

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by SergeantSkread » #420466

NikNakFlak wrote:Looking into this more, it looks like you tried other servers and got banned from all of them
yog, nox(when it was a thing), goon, CM, vg, bestrp

Some of which you got unbanned from, but this isn't very honest with what you said in this appeal either
I was unbanned from all of them besides goon (I believe I was banned from goon simply for homophobic language, though I might be wrong about this), and on all of them nothing else has happened since. Most if not all bans that I was hit with were roughly the same time I was banned from here.
User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by NikNakFlak » #420829

I've really thought about this. On one hand, your ban is a couple years old, on the other hand, your last appeal literally says get a voucher and you didn't. It looks like you've been banned on almost every server and you say you've been unbanned from all of them, but the most recent kind of space station 13 interaction of any kind is a denied appeal on colonial marines two years ago and even though that one is 2 years old, it was still denied. If you actually got unbanned from some servers (looks like you got unbanned on yog I think?), why didn't you play on them?

We ask other people in your situation to get a vouch, and most of those people didn't evade up the ass or threaten suicide on the forums, so why can't you? It was the one requirement in your last appeal from an old ban and you didn't even do it.
REDACTED
pm for deets
User avatar
SergeantSkread
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 pm
Byond Username: SergeantSkread
Location: chiraq

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by SergeantSkread » #421044

NikNakFlak wrote:I've really thought about this. On one hand, your ban is a couple years old, on the other hand, your last appeal literally says get a voucher and you didn't. It looks like you've been banned on almost every server and you say you've been unbanned from all of them, but the most recent kind of space station 13 interaction of any kind is a denied appeal on colonial marines two years ago and even though that one is 2 years old, it was still denied. If you actually got unbanned from some servers (looks like you got unbanned on yog I think?), why didn't you play on them?

We ask other people in your situation to get a vouch, and most of those people didn't evade up the ass or threaten suicide on the forums, so why can't you? It was the one requirement in your last appeal from an old ban and you didn't even do it.
As I've already stated in two previous posts, the reason I don't play on those servers even though I'm unbanned is because the couples times I tried them out, I didn't have fun at all. I don't want to force myself to play on servers I don't consider as 'enjoyable', just to get back to a server that I consider as such, so instead I decided to wait a long time in between my appeals in hopes that that'd be taken in account to show that I've matured since then.

The only reason I endeavored to get myself unbanned from a majority of the servers I was banned on (such as yogstation, paradise) was simply just so I wouldn't have that status anymore of the shitty griefer who's banned on literally every active server.

Since my appeal on colonial marines two years ago (the ban reason was for something like reading WGW or similar, I don't remember at all) was denied, I didn't bother making another appeal because I had no intent on playing on the server at all either way, the appeal was really simply just to show a willingness to change my reputation.
User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by NikNakFlak » #421111

The ban reason on colonial marines was for erp on braindude. You say the appeal was to simply show a willingness to change your reputation but you didn't even take that appeal seriously.
http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtopic.php?t=6648

I tried to pull your connection logs to yog but no admin was online at the time but found something else. You successfully appealed in 2014, but only got your alt, braindude banned for griefing a year ago.
You're pretty much banned from every single server for griefing or erp or whatever the fuck, and it's not really our problem that you don't enjoy playing there, because in reality, it looks like you do enjoy playing, but only to grief.
This really isn't our problem. Denied because you couldn't do that single requirement (as much as you don't find them """""enjoyable""""")
REDACTED
pm for deets
User avatar
SergeantSkread
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 6:58 pm
Byond Username: SergeantSkread
Location: chiraq

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by SergeantSkread » #421149

NikNakFlak wrote:The ban reason on colonial marines was for erp on braindude. You say the appeal was to simply show a willingness to change your reputation but you didn't even take that appeal seriously.
http://www.colonial-marines.com/viewtopic.php?t=6648

I tried to pull your connection logs to yog but no admin was online at the time but found something else. You successfully appealed in 2014, but only got your alt, braindude banned for griefing a year ago.
You're pretty much banned from every single server for griefing or erp or whatever the fuck, and it's not really our problem that you don't enjoy playing there, because in reality, it looks like you do enjoy playing, but only to grief.
This really isn't our problem. Denied because you couldn't do that single requirement (as much as you don't find them """""enjoyable""""")
The ban reason on colonial marines might state "ERP" but the admin on my appeal clearly states they consider even something such as reading out WGW to be ERP. I don't even know what ground you can stand on to assert I didn't take the appeal seriously. Because I didn't capitalize and use punctuation? Simply because I typed the way that I did back then, doesn't mean the appeal wasn't serious.

I don't even know how the fuck I couldve gotten banned for griefing a year ago on yog considering I havent touched the account besides to play on lifeweb, and no reason for me to play on yog with another account considering i'm not banned on there and haven't been for literally four years.


I don't know why you're hellbent on denying every single one of my appeals as if a person cannot change in 2-3 years time and desire to actually play a videogame correctly, hearing you talk its like I murdered a guy or something. Literally I had an easier time dealing with the justice system than getting unbanned on a SS13 server

Either way I respect your decision. Goodbye and until next time
User avatar
Cobby
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2014 7:19 pm
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by Cobby » #421186

It’s still up for headmin consideration.

Also an important distinction between irl and ss13 is that we don’t have an obligation to be fair. Ensuring people enjoy their time here is inheritently subjective so obv it can easily get messier than a real life courtroom
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
User avatar
NikNakFlak
In-Game Admin
Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:08 pm
Byond Username: NikNakflak

Re: [SubtleGraces] SergeantSkread - Permaban Appeal

Post by NikNakFlak » #421223

Wrong, I told headmins and they agreed.
REDACTED
pm for deets
Locked

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: xcqpdbqd687