Appeals which have been closed.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

[spyroshark] Deitus - headbanned for killing those who acted like antags

Post by Deitus » #422997

Byond account and character name: Deitus
Banning admin: Spyroshark
Ban type (What are you banned from?): head roles
Ban reason and length: Twice in one round as captain, overescalated and killed someone, then only cloned them after being talked to by an admin. Using your power just to kill anyone you want is not ok. (one week)
Time ban was placed (including time zone): ~3:30 am june 30th
Server you were playing when banned (Sybil or Bagil): sybil
Your side of the story:

so as was stated in the note appeal thread, the reason that i was banned was because i killed two people. ill copypaste in the story from last thread.
found mime attempting bridge breakin. captured, warned, then released. ~5 minutes later rcd'd down the first two sec doors, tried to get in to last two before i caught him again. as i thought the rule was breaking into sec was valid, i borged him, before being told by an admin (i think ispiria? dont remember for sure) that it was the ARMORY, not sec, that made a person valid. i then cloned them and released them.
/end paste

Security Policy & Precedents

3. The 'act like an antag, get treated like one' part of Rule 4 of the main rules also apply to security. Stunning an officer repeatedly, using lethal or restricted weapons on them, disrupting the arrests or sentences of dangerous criminals, or damaging the brig, are examples of behaviour that may make you valid for security under Rule 4.

breaking a window, fine. but rcd-ing down doors is pretty blatantly shitty and i was within my rights to kill the mime and leave them, yet i borged and then later cloned him after a bwoink.

next copypaste:
found ai to be missing midway through the round. found black fiber prints on the doors, announced this to crew, then received a pda message that the miner most likely took it as he was seen with a card and speaking to the ai. went to lavaland where he and the minerborg (later found to be ai) fled after bolting me behind a door. announced to crew that the miner was likely traitor and he was to be captured. later found the miner after he got cloned, borged him. was told by the ai-borg and spyro that the ai was taken willingly (which, as an aside, i think is a bit shitty), so i again cloned them and released them.
/end paste

to add on to this, i will mention that the borg was chasing after me trying to flash me and hitting me with their mining drill. between that and bolting me on lavaland, this is entirely reasonable for me to think that they were traitors and i was absolutely within my rights to not only borg him like i did, but to leave him dead and blow the ai as well. even WITH him crying about how he was taken willingly, i had no way to verify that and check their laws. as stated earlier i did clone them, and then later went on to be lynched by them after they spent the latter quarter of the shift hunting me down across the station.

Why you think you should be unbanned: killing these two people was entirely within my rights as captain due to the "act like an antag get dunked like an antag" precedent. if anything, those who did get killed and then went crying to the admins should receive notes for banbaiting. there was no reason for me to be talked to, let alone banned, and therefore i ask for the ban to be lifted.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Re: [spyroshark] Deitus - headbanned for killing those who acted like antags

Post by D&B » #423098

For appeals aren't you supposed to do one appeal per note/ban
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #423140

Only thing I disagree with in your post is the blowing of the AI, the rest of this should have been marked as IC
carshalash
Byond Username: Carshalash

Post by carshalash » #423141

I told you repeatedly before you borged him that I willingly went with him, and you still forceborged him. I posted logs of it in the last thread.

You were being an unpleasant asshole to be around so I asked the miner if I could hang out with him on lavaland, I wasn't violating any of my laws in doing so as well. Its perfectly reasonable for a sillycone to bolt you into a room when you've been known to cause mass amounts of HUMAN HARM in the shift already.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #423172

It might be hard to see through all the tears you keep crying but try to read my posts fam, I already went into why I borged him even when you said so, and you STILL "forget" how you attacked me as a borg.
>Mass amounts of harm
Yeah, fuck off. How you don't have a banbaiting note for all this is beyond me.
D&B wrote:For appeals aren't you supposed to do one appeal per note/ban
First was for the note's wording, but Carl posting and reminding me how retarded the whole situation was prompted me to challenge he ban as a whole. Last thread wasn't resolved anyway.
Last edited by Deitus on Mon Jul 02, 2018 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #423178

I know I attacked you, it took place after his cloning began. At that point I was willing to have an admin ask me "Carshalash what the fuck are you doing?" if it was to put an end to you self antagging as a cappy.

[2018-06-30 07:52:49.568] ACCESS: 07:52:49.568] ACCESS: Mob Login: DimmaDunk/(Sebastian Schrader) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human
[2018-06-30 07:52:49.571] ACCESS: 07:52:49.571] ACCESS: Mob Login: DimmaDunk/(Sebastian Schrader) was assigned to a /mob/dead/observer

[2018-06-30 07:53:34.019] ATTACK: Amaretto shell 654 - Default(carshalash) attacked Jonathan Talist(deitus) with cyborg mining drill (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 90.5) (129,133,2)
[2018-06-30 07:53:34.614] ATTACK: Amaretto shell 654 - Default(carshalash) attacked Jonathan Talist(deitus) with cyborg mining drill (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 83) (129,133,2)
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #423181

carshalash wrote:I know I attacked you, it took place after his cloning began. At that point I was willing to have an admin ask me "Carshalash what the fuck are you doing?" if it was to put an end to you self antagging as a cappy.

[2018-06-30 07:52:49.568] ACCESS: 07:52:49.568] ACCESS: Mob Login: DimmaDunk/(Sebastian Schrader) was assigned to a /mob/living/carbon/human
[2018-06-30 07:52:49.571] ACCESS: 07:52:49.571] ACCESS: Mob Login: DimmaDunk/(Sebastian Schrader) was assigned to a /mob/dead/observer

[2018-06-30 07:53:34.019] ATTACK: Amaretto shell 654 - Default(carshalash) attacked Jonathan Talist(deitus) with cyborg mining drill (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 90.5) (129,133,2)
[2018-06-30 07:53:34.614] ATTACK: Amaretto shell 654 - Default(carshalash) attacked Jonathan Talist(deitus) with cyborg mining drill (INTENT: HELP) (DAMTYPE: BRUTE) (NEWHP: 83) (129,133,2)
>M-m-muh self antag but it's ok when I do it!!
How flexible do you have to be to have your head so far up your ass? Spryo just needs to lift the ban already so this whole shitshow can end.
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #423184

You spent an hour antagonizing the crew and being a dick. A cyborg drilling you twice doesn't invalidate all of the shit you did nor the fact you logged in the next round just to gloat about how "I dindu nuffin" in ooc.
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #423189

Antagonizing the crew by shitposting on comms? Are you really so thin-skinned that capital letters and some swear words send you crying to admins?

The point of this whole debacle is that I acted entirely within my rights as captain, if anyone stepped out of line it was you and your miner buttbuddy.
D&B
Byond Username: Repukan

Post by D&B » #423204

Was the AI asimov during this?
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #423206

You ordered the asteroid with rockets and started shitting on the crew and laughing at them for being annoyed by it, you've done this pretty much every time you get captain. This is probably another big part of why they made it a head ban as well.
NoxVS
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: NoxVS

Post by NoxVS » #423308

D&B wrote:Was the AI asimov during this?
From what I saw looking through the logs, the AI was still Asimov at that time. Deitus was made non human later and the AI was purged after that but when Deitus was attacked it seems that the AI was still Asimov
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #423309

NoxVS wrote:
D&B wrote:Was the AI asimov during this?
From what I saw looking through the logs, the AI was still Asimov at that time. Deitus was made non human later and the AI was purged after that but when Deitus was attacked it seems that the AI was still Asimov
Yeah pretty much
Nilons
Byond Username: NIlons

Post by Nilons » #423316

carshalash keeps saying things like "you've done this pretty much every time you get captain" and "You were being an annoying cunt the entire round like you always do"

I would suggest an admin look into potential meta-grudging considering he apparently attacked him with a mining drill for what he admits was in part because of conflict from previous rounds
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #423323

Nilons wrote:carshalash keeps saying things like "you've done this pretty much every time you get captain" and "You were being an annoying cunt the entire round like you always do"

I would suggest an admin look into potential meta-grudging considering he apparently attacked him with a mining drill for what he admits was in part because of conflict from previous rounds
+While also blatantly and willingly breaking asimov
carshalash

Post by carshalash » #423329

Nilons wrote:carshalash keeps saying things like "you've done this pretty much every time you get captain" and "You were being an annoying cunt the entire round like you always do"

Since when was pointing out someone being a shit player metagrudging?
Chickenmonster
Byond Username: Chickenmonster

Post by Chickenmonster » #423388

I was the clown this round and can give context to the situation around the mime. The round started with an engineer asking for access to somewhere and the the captain saying to hack in there like a real engineer. I took this as an invitation to start up a "hack the planet" meme and roped the mime into it. We bolted open many doors, including all of medbay. We then moved onto the bridge, where the captain caught me bolting open the west bridge side while the mime was opening east. We had picked up a assistant follower around here. I was arrested at this point and was facing some jail time, when the mime went in for I believe was a rescue mission. He RCDed the two security doors open and was working on the next two when the captain arrested him. It was a potential 1v2 situation for him with unknown quantities that had clearly accessed secure areas as shown by the RCD. While the assistant had been a passive observer, the mime had broken into a few higher security areas with me and was just as guilty as I was. I'm not sure if he went for the captain's office or AI upload during our bridge breach, but I feel the punishment wasn't too excessive for the situation, given the knowledge the captain had and the level of mischief we were causing.
Rustledjimm
Byond Username: Rustledjimm

Post by Rustledjimm » #423568

Sounds like a case of people being shitty to each other and people going a little far sometimes. I would say borging someone against their wishes can be a bit far (but say you gave them a choice between perma or borging that would be more palatable).

The Ai situation sounds like poor communication all around. I'll lift the ban. The note will stay however just as a record for the incident because I still think it should be noted that you did step the toe on the line of acceptable for a Captain. I'll message you with a rewrite in a bit if that's ok with you?

If what carshalash says is true (I don't go on sybil much forgive me) and you do act like a shitty Captain I'm sure you know what to expect if you keep such behaviours.
So uhh, I'm an admin. Please leave feedback! Oops took me a while to strike that through.

Will Baker
Suzu Suzaku
TBC
Spoiler:
Personal Ban Length Record: 2.1024e+006 minutes