[Poll] Should Security Officers spawn with gloves?

A place to record your ideas for the game.

Which should security officers spawn with?

Gloves
22%
Gloves
22%
Gloves
22%
Fingerless Gloves
9%
Fingerless Gloves
9%
Fingerless Gloves
9%
No Gloves
1%
No Gloves
1%
No Gloves
1%
Abstain
0%
Abstain
0%
Abstain
0%

Total votes: 204

paprika
Rarely plays
Byond Username: Paprka

[Poll] Should Security Officers spawn with gloves?

Post by paprika » #42216

Through the power of a vocal community this can actually be changed.
Last edited by paprika on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Re: [Poll] Should Security Officers spawn with gloves?

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #42219

I don't understand why everyone keeps using 1 option polls for this kind of thing, because it really should be "what I'm okay with" poll, not "my favorite option" poll.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #42224

Violaceus wrote:There is too much gloves on station.

Fingerless gloves are good, cosmetical and not hiding fingerprints.
The only people with black gloves are atmos techs, the janitor, and the CE.

All of sec except officers have black gloves.
Last edited by paprika on Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oldman Robustin wrote:It's an established meme that coders don't play this game.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #42226

Forgot the janitor.

Also cargo and robos use fingerless gloves now since they have really no reason to hide their fingerprints :^)

I've basically been purging glovestation13 as of late but it's a generally accepted change as it makes the detective sort of relevant.

Related: Sec officers look amazing with fingerless gloves.
Gun Hog
Byond Username: Gun Hog

Post by Gun Hog » #42232

Officers need gloves so they do not contaminate evidence.
Alex Crimson
Byond Username: Dazbuzz

Post by Alex Crimson » #42239

Gun Hog wrote:Officers need gloves so they do not contaminate evidence.
This.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #42243

Violaceus wrote:paprika, you shouldn't change your way of making changes in games disregarding players' opinions now.

Look which option is winning.
What the fuck are you even talking about? I don't care if people prefer officers regular gloves, you can make fingerless gloves by using wirecutters on them anyway so it doesn't really make a difference to me.
whodaloo
Byond Username: Whodaloo

Post by whodaloo » #42255

paprika wrote:
Violaceus wrote:paprika, you shouldn't change your way of making changes in games disregarding players' opinions now.

Look which option is winning.
What the fuck are you even talking about? I don't care if people prefer officers regular gloves, you can make fingerless gloves by using wirecutters on them anyway so it doesn't really make a difference to me.
That's pretty cool, I didn't know that.
I'd still prefer Sec officers to start with black gloves, though. It's useful for avoiding accidental fingerprinting evidence, and in the case of an officer who doesn't like wearing them because they subscribe to the 'sec officer have to look friendly' doctrine or whatever they can just discard their gloves. I'm all in favor of removing the excess gloves lying around, but sec is, in my opinion, one of the few jobs that actually SHOULD have gloves.
i love public logs
Spoiler:
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : Beacuse
SAY: Kolt Saudwell/RedMcCloud : ((im banned))

SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Hos
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : Can i bang you]
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : ]plras
SAY: Zack Bodast/Logman : R; I WROTE THIS SOMG FOR YOU HOS

SAY: Bryce Pax/IcePacks : I THINK I WAS A LITTLE HASTY IN GIVING THE CREW ACCESS TO THE ARMORY

Lusty Xenomorph Maid begins to clean the telescopic baton with the soap...

[Common] Garrett Larson says, "How do i shot pod"

OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : WHodaloo, why are you so fucking aggressive against me
OOC: Engineer Donkin/Whodaloo : i have no idea what you're talking about chief
OOC: Zoey Webb/Firecage : Cuck sucking dick wanking piece of cock shit head
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #42316

Security Officers really need gloves for both cosmetic and practical purposes.

Mainly in that it makes things significantly easier for the Detective as he does not have to comb through 100 prints.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #42318

Ha ha time to shoehorn sec gloves into my clothes PR
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #42419

paprika wrote:Ha ha time to shoehorn sec gloves into my clothes PR
Aran's no fun siren just went off.
leibniz
Byond Username: Leibniz

Post by leibniz » #42441

paprika wrote:I've basically been purging glovestation13 as of late but it's a generally accepted change as it makes the detective sort of relevant.
Will there be any options for stealth traitors to hide their prints (apart from looting engis and atmos) or do they have to lay down and die if someone with a forensics scanner happens to go near the crime scene?
Founder and only member of the "Whitelist Nukeops" movement
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #42467

You can clean fingerprints off of surfaces using syndie soap IIRC and if not I'll add that post-freeze so the syndie soap has mega robust purpose

Alternatively, just play janitor!
cedarbridge
Byond Username: Cedarbridge

Post by cedarbridge » #42502

leibniz wrote:
paprika wrote:I've basically been purging glovestation13 as of late but it's a generally accepted change as it makes the detective sort of relevant.
Will there be any options for stealth traitors to hide their prints (apart from looting engis and atmos) or do they have to lay down and die if someone with a forensics scanner happens to go near the crime scene?
The idea was to make scanners matter, not replace their source of irrelevance with another one.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #42788

Security should get pretty little red gloves, just so that theres a difference between sec gloves (i.e. - the fibers that will ALWAYs be on evidence because no one knows who to use a bag) and rest of stations gloves
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #42967

I like the red gloves idea.
Lo6a4evskiy
Byond Username: Lo6a4evskiy

Post by Lo6a4evskiy » #43058

Just FYI, Cheri said it's bad because if somebody gets red gloves they're basically immune to detective's scanner.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #43081

Officers will spawn with them, thus, they'll be hard to obtain without killing or looting an officer. There won't be any others available on the map. I'm not sure if this is an effective way to implement them to counter the 'immune to scanner', but I'd say it is. Black/insulated gloves basically make you immune to the scanner as well, and if someone is running around with sec gloves they can easily be robusted and treated as a thief since they're important to the forensics process.

A good question is:

Who should get them? The detective? Warden? HoS? Only the officers?

I think it makes sense for only the officers/warden to get them, the detective's entire aesthetic looks too great with black gloves and the same goes for the HoS. Alternatively, they could be a unique mix of black and red ALA captain's gloves.
iyaerP
Byond Username: IyaerP

Post by iyaerP » #43097

Yeah, when reg gloves were mentioned, I was actually thinking black with red highlighting. Kind-of like the stun-gloves of yore.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #43107

Hos, warden, detective get black leather gloves.
Rest of the plebs get normal black gloves made of moon age thermal insulated material
Scott
Github User
Byond Username: Xxnoob
Github Username: xxalpha

Post by Scott » #43108

What about leather gloves that don't leave any kind of evidence (no prints or fibers) and for security only?
Erbbu
Byond Username: Erbbu

Post by Erbbu » #43151

Honestly the detective seems to me kind of useless anyway as far as forensic work goes. Perhaps he should get an additional way of identifying criminal suspects rather than just by fibers/fingerprints.
Malkevin

Post by Malkevin » #43158

I thought about maybe adding the items serial number to the detectives scanner, so instead of just being "oh he wore gloves gg", it'll be "I know what type of gloves he was wearing, now I just need to scan people wearing that type of glove and find which one was the suspect"

Also, get rid of the rng on fibers far too often you'll scan a room and find no trace but you
Steelpoint
Github User
Byond Username: Steelpoint
Github Username: Steelpoint

Post by Steelpoint » #43159

Erbbu wrote:Honestly the detective seems to me kind of useless anyway as far as forensic work goes. Perhaps he should get an additional way of identifying criminal suspects rather than just by fibers/fingerprints.
He does, its called a combination of clothing fibres, intuition and logic. A Detective heavily relies on understanding the criminal mind (meaning playing as a antag a lot helps) and understanding what they are trying to do.

It would take me a while to explain the intricacies, but a good Detective can be a powerful asset for Security.

On the other hand, I do fully support a buff to the Detective's investigation tools, having the evidence be tampered by Security Officers unintentionally is annoying in the best of times and case crushing in the worst.
paprika
Rarely plays

Post by paprika » #43210

>Detective being good at his job and knowing how antags think and solving cases using his brain instead of pure evidence 100% of the time with the broken scanner system

P-POWERGAMER!!
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #43228

I wanted to add a suggestion about adding your own fingerprints to all of your roundstart clothes, this would make the detective more useful, but I thought it is better to wait until the freeze is over, but it is relevant to this.
Nexendia
Byond Username: Nexendia

Post by Nexendia » #43231

paprika wrote:>Detective being good at his job and knowing how antags think and solving cases using his brain instead of pure evidence 100% of the time with the broken scanner system

P-POWERGAMER!!
Time to play detective :3
っぽい
Spoiler:
Perakp
Byond Username: Perakp

Post by Perakp » #43236

leibniz wrote:I wanted to add a suggestion about adding your own fingerprints to all of your roundstart clothes, this would make the detective more useful, but I thought it is better to wait until the freeze is over, but it is relevant to this.
This is already a thing, all starting clothes and items in your bag have your fingerprints on them. So if you find a headset on the floor somewhere, you can scan it to find out who it belonged to and who took it off.

I'm not sure if the cultist paper & other stuff antagonists start with get fingerprints though.
leibniz

Post by leibniz » #43253

Perakp wrote:
leibniz wrote:I wanted to add a suggestion about adding your own fingerprints to all of your roundstart clothes, this would make the detective more useful, but I thought it is better to wait until the freeze is over, but it is relevant to this.
This is already a thing, all starting clothes and items in your bag have your fingerprints on them. So if you find a headset on the floor somewhere, you can scan it to find out who it belonged to and who took it off.

I'm not sure if the cultist paper & other stuff antagonists start with get fingerprints though.
Cool, just tested it now, I guess detective is already more useful than how it used to be.