More random good events

A place to record your ideas for the game.
JusticeGoat
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: JusticeGoat

More random good events

Post by JusticeGoat » #424741

We need more station positive events to go off like after a hour, what if there was a chance for a null crate to spawn, or some other beneficial thing.
Deitus
Byond Username: Deitus

Re: More random good events

Post by Deitus » #424747

People would abuse it
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #424780

Deitus wrote:People would abuse it
How
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #424788

oranges wrote:
Deitus wrote:People would abuse it
How
People will take good things and find a way to use it for shittery
The tide finds a way
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #424790

I agree with people finding things to abuse, I’m just not sure this will be one of those things. It’s hard to abuse something you can’t reliably get in every round.
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Deitus

Post by Deitus » #424795

Reading it again it comes off as me insinuating this is a bad idea, which I didn't mean; I think this is a good idea and would like to see it implemented, I'm just saying that people will abuse it
EagleWiz
Byond Username: EagleWiz

Post by EagleWiz » #424796

Why would you need station positive events? If the station is in good repair and people are alive, its probably gonna keep going, if the station isnt in good repair or a bunch of people are dead its not gonna get fixed.

The only event I can think of that would matter is a station positive event after an hour that spawns some ghosts back into the round as normal crew - might work if we want longer rounds, although I imagine we could do that and at some point decided not to for probably-good reasons.
Dr_bee
Byond Username: DrBee

Post by Dr_bee » #424845

chance for some rare toys would be neat as a random event, similar to the meaty ores event that spews alien organs all over the station. That event was the only reliable way to get xenos organs and I almost never see it anymore sadly.
Saegrimr
Byond Username: Saegrimr

Post by Saegrimr » #424848

Could always mix a reward in with the bad. Crate full of goodies impacts the station at high speed damaging a tiny chunk of the exterior significantly.
tedward1337 wrote:Sae is like the racist grandad who everyone laughs at for being racist, but deep down we all know he's right.
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #424850

Xenobiological Specimen - Send a critter crate with a random dangerous creature inside for xenobio to play with
Budget Cuts - Centcom demands a certain number of cargo points within a certain timeframe. Failure spawns a Repo crew (Morphs disguised as humans). Success can be some kind of reward
Asteroid crash - An small asteroid hits the station, causing damage and containing asteroid mobs, or a small syndie base with loot. Basically a little loot ruin hits the station.
Hivebot Infestation - A machine on the station starts fabricating and spitting out hivebots. Dealing with this allows you to make friendly hivebots.
Finished a BSA? Use it - A syndie shuttle arrives in space near the station. It's covered in turrets and obnoxious, send a BSA strike team at them. Get phat syndie loot.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #424852

Border war refugees - Centcom sends dying victims of a war to you, they require complex surgeries and other treatment. Get to work medical.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
DemonFiren
Byond Username: DemonFiren

Post by DemonFiren » #424861

Lumbermancer wrote:Border war refugees - Centcom sends dying victims of a war to you, they require complex surgeries and other treatment. Get to work medical.
if one station rejects them send them to the other server and cause a massive kerfluffle involving centcom inspectors
also make security arrest the captain of the refugee ship on some absurd technicality
ImageImageImageImageImage

non-lizard things:
Spoiler:
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #424925

Stickymayhem wrote:Xenobiological Specimen - Send a critter crate with a random dangerous creature inside for xenobio to play with.
The admins already get mad and delete the xeno eggs at roundstart and you want to add more?
Lumbermancer
Byond Username: Lumbermancer

Post by Lumbermancer » #425010

The Grand Banquet - Nanotrasen is throwing a party, and you must prepare for catering. You need to make XYZ dishes.

More station quests, not bland events.
aka Schlomo Gaskin aka Guru Meditation aka Copyright Alright aka Topkek McHonk aka Le Rouge
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #425060

oranges wrote:
Stickymayhem wrote:Xenobiological Specimen - Send a critter crate with a random dangerous creature inside for xenobio to play with.
The admins already get mad and delete the xeno eggs at roundstart and you want to add more?
To be fair a pregnant hermit will bring them onto the station anyways. Its better to slow down the inevitable so some people get to have some fun doing jobs.
► Show Spoiler
Pizzatiger
Byond Username: Pizzatiger

Post by Pizzatiger » #425138

Shadowflame909 wrote:
oranges wrote:
To be fair a pregnant hermit will bring them onto the station anyways. Its better to slow down the inevitable so some people get to have some fun doing jobs.
How often do you even think that happens? After all the threads and how often you bring it up it seems to think it happens every round. I have yet to see a mining caused Xeno outbreak even effect the station. The ONLY xenos I have ever seen is either admins spawned or from that roundstart event.
Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Post by Shadowflame909 » #425170

Xenomorph egg in xenobio, lavaland xenomorph ruin, Xenomorph organs from meateors, random xeno event. It happens often enough, otherwise, admins wouldn't see them as such a bane when you basically spawn a draggable singulo on lavaland and in xenobio. Also Pizzatiger, there was recently a nerf that dax dupont did so that they couldn't dig through the back of the rune. Because a moat was made. That's good but, now the only lavaland role thats going to do it is the ash lizards. Because they have an RCD.
► Show Spoiler
Stickymayhem
Byond Username: Stickymayhem

Post by Stickymayhem » #425199

oranges wrote:
The only reason xeno eggs are bad is because they snowball into round ends.

Even the strongest mobs barring megafauna aren't round-ending.
Boris wrote:Sticky is a jackass who has worms where his brain should be, but he also gets exactly what SS13 should be
Super Aggro Crag wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 6:17 pm Dont engage with sticky he's a subhuman