Sillicon policy and wizards

Shadowflame909
Byond Username: Shadowflame909
Location: Think about something witty and pretend I put it here

Sillicon policy and wizards

Post by Shadowflame909 » #425035

Here's how this strange story all starts. If the wizard turns you into a statue and animates you. You get directives to serve the wizard. Now if they polymorph you, you keep those directives permanently. Maintainers said this was an intentional feature, so here we are. Now, they polymorph you into a syndi-borg and let us say that after a long shift. you get synced to an ai via robotics magic.

Now you obey the AI and your wizard. This isn't all up to hoopla though. An admin online said that you should obey the wizards directives first before the ais.

This entire situation was circumvented entirely because once I told the ai that I had to also obey the directives of the wizard. I received a new law that made me not understand the wizards language and to run away from them in sight. Thus they couldn't give me commands in general.

This is kind of more of a story than a policy discussion, but it fits. Should you obey the wizards commands first if you're enslaved to the wizard. Or the AI's commands, if you're also enslaved to them.

TLDR: Two authoritative powers in the household and one child. If there is a disagreement between the two who should the child follow? The Wizard or the AI? I'm making this to see what the major stance is from the admins. So its clear every time this weird situation appears. Wizard rounds are weird in general.
► Show Spoiler
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Re: Sillicon policy and wizards

Post by starmute » #425036

Okay so you are a syndicate cyborg. If I recall you have a entire list of directives. Your allegiance is to the syndicate, not the wizards federation. I don't think the syndi-borg can be linked really other than if it allowed itself to be captured and opened up.

Also it depends if you are slaved. If you are slaved you follow your laws first (whatever they may be), AI, then whatever. If you aren't slaved you don't have to listen to the AI.
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #425038

I got murdered, and then I got linked and revived. Thus being linked to the AI. Also, if you become a statue and then staff of animated. You get directives to obey the wizard.
► Show Spoiler
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #425039

Generally speaking I favour the laws over any brainwashing/magic mental influence since the borg's laws are enforced mechanically. It's not that you have brainwashing telling you to follow Asimov laws, it's that your brain is literally stuck in a harness that cuts any thought about not following your laws off at the source. Harming a human isn't just something that borgs "shouldn't do", they literally cannot even think about causing human harm because the needles in their brain starts jabbing their disgust center at 1000x amplitude until the borg is all "i must scream and i have no mouth" about it.

But this may vary a bit admin to admin.
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
starmute
Byond Username: Starmute

Post by starmute » #425040

Jesus christ thats one in a million.

Apparently my memory is going bad on the subject of death and what you remember after dying so I can't really make a sound judgement. I would assume that after you die your stoney laws would die with you? Not sure honestly at this point.
kevinz000
Byond Username: Kevinz000
Github Username: kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #425081

IIRC there's been a longstanding policy that wizards mindswapping into silicons don't need to obey laws. If it's changed correct me.
This is relevant because it's also a magic vs scientific silicon laws thing.
Dax Dupont
In-Game Admin
Byond Username: DaxYeen
Github Username: DaxDupont

Post by Dax Dupont » #425091

kevinz000 wrote:IIRC there's been a longstanding policy that wizards mindswapping into silicons don't need to obey laws. If it's changed correct me.
IT'S LITERALLY THE OPPOSITE.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 004#p20335
Grazyn
Byond Username: Grazyn

Post by Grazyn » #425126

It looks to me this is just a particular case of the general case "you have antag objective but become a cyborg"

same rules should apply for consistency, not much different from being a borged traitor/borged brainwashed guy. The fact you are a syndieborg doesn't change anything, you still have laws
Cobby
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobby
Github Username: ExcessiveUseOfCobblestone

Post by Cobby » #425185

If you are lawbound to not understand the wizard and it doesn’t conflict with any previous laws then you don’t have to follow his commands. Otherwise yes I’d follow his commands lol.

For asimawful law 2 trumps law 4 unless law 4 has a human harm component (ie “understanding what the wizard is saying makes humans deathly ill”)
Voted best trap in /tg/ 2014-current
Anonmare
Byond Username: Anonmare

Post by Anonmare » #425265

Silicon Laws > Everything else short of outright admins telling you what to do

It's:
Silicon Laws
Master AI
Antagonist/brainwashing status

If your Ai says "Hey, stop helping the wizard" and you don't have a law reason to continue to help them in a reasonable manner - you don't help the wizard.
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #425616

Dax Dupont wrote:
kevinz000 wrote:IIRC there's been a longstanding policy that wizards mindswapping into silicons don't need to obey laws. If it's changed correct me.
IT'S LITERALLY THE OPPOSITE.
https://tgstation13.org/phpBB/viewtopic ... 004#p20335
my bad, the last time I was a wizard i asked this in adminbus and I was given a yes by IIRC a headmin but I can't search back then for reasons
Shadowflame909

Post by Shadowflame909 » #425617

New question, if the wizard purges me of my laws. Should I go back to brainwashed mode and start fireballing people as a borg?
► Show Spoiler
kevinz000

Post by kevinz000 » #425620

if you still have the objective to do so i believe it'd be a yes