Trialmin Review: Bluenothing

Users can post replies, but only game admins, mods, and forum admins may post topics. Mainly for questions and official discussions
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: CitrusGender
Github Username: CitrusGender

Trialmin Review: Bluenothing

Post by CitrusGender » #426039

Bluenothing has now been in the .txt as a Trial Admin for roughly two months.

Please use this thread as public review; it's encouraged for players to comment on how well/badly the trial admin has done and whether or not they think the trial admin should be made a full admin, if they should be removed from the .txt or if their promotion should be delayed.
Nervere
Byond Username: Nervere
Github Username: nervere

Re: Trialmin Review: Bluenothing

Post by Nervere » #426051

BlueNothing is a great admin.
Very knowledgeable in ahelps on many technical aspects of the game, and has continued
to be an active and positive contributor to our community as an admin. Definitely promote!
BebeYoshi
Byond Username: BebeYoshi

Post by BebeYoshi » #426358

Helped me with circuits, and seems to be more active now, I don't see a reason to not promote... :capid:
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #426405

Loves circuits a bunch and is really involved in that topic.

I see them playing a good bit on top of their admining (ussually in the circuits lab) so they still love the game (which is great.) Still has a passion for this game, so that's good.

Seemed to have a slight problem with responding to their appeal threads though, which Arm noted.
subject217
Github User
Byond Username: Subject217
Github Username: subject217

Post by subject217 » #426407

CitrusGender wrote:Seemed to have a slight problem with responding to their appeal threads though, which Arm noted.
So I talked to them about this at the time, and it was made clear at the time what had occurred, but I'll repeat it here.

What happened in that thread is that Arianya locked it for off topic discussion, and BlueNothing did not know how to unlock threads to reply. Hardly the most evil thing in the world, considering that admins receive literally zero training on how to use PhpBB moderation tools. I did end up explaining it to them and they did end up replying, but it was kind of late at that point. Either way, I would say this is a one-time issue, and it doesn't say anything about BlueNothing's integrity or adminning abilities.
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #426419

subject217 wrote:
Spoiler:
CitrusGender wrote:Seemed to have a slight problem with responding to their appeal threads though, which Arm noted.
So I talked to them about this at the time, and it was made clear at the time what had occurred, but I'll repeat it here.

What happened in that thread is that Arianya locked it for off topic discussion, and BlueNothing did not know how to unlock threads to reply. Hardly the most evil thing in the world, considering that admins receive literally zero training on how to use PhpBB moderation tools. I did end up explaining it to them and they did end up replying, but it was kind of late at that point. Either way, I would say this is a one-time issue, and it doesn't say anything about BlueNothing's integrity or adminning abilities.
Yeah, it's all good. It made Arm much more mad than me tbh. I don't think we'll be seeing any problems in the future.
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #426451

they dont' say much so it's hard to say how across staffing issues they are
Bluespace
Byond Username: Bluespace

Post by Bluespace » #426464

oranges wrote:they dont' say much so it's hard to say how across staffing issues they are
ditto

they seem nice but kinda in the background
not a good or bad, just an observation
I play Boris Pepper.
BlueNothing
Byond Username: BlueNothing

Post by BlueNothing » #426471

What do you mean by 'across staffing issues'?
oranges
Code Maintainer
Byond Username: Optimumtact
Github Username: optimumtact

Post by oranges » #426730

aware of things happening in game and in admin channels
Arianya
In-Game Game Master
Byond Username: Arianya

Post by Arianya » #426749

They're certainly very engaged in the game. I've not adminned at the same time as them much but what I've seen I've been positive of.

Communication could use work, the appeal issue was obviously down to training/my locking of the thread, but there was a noted lack of response (in adminbus) to pings about the appeal, and I've noticed they tend to go for PMs over talking in adminbus. This is as much advice as critique, since it can lead to people thinking you're inactive/not paying attention if you aren't seen to atleast respond to pings in adminbus occasionally.

Overall I think they're a promote though!
Frequently playing as Aria Bollet on Bagil & Scary Terry

Source of avatar is here: https://i.imgur.com/hEkADo6.jpg
CitrusGender
In-Game Game Master

Post by CitrusGender » #428227

Promoted.